Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared.net - Web hosting and Reseller hosting plan now available! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared.net - Web hosting and Reseller hosting plan now available!

Comments

• @Francisco said:

@unixfox said: @Francisco is it possible to get IPv6 on the BuyShared plan?

Ehhh... kinda. cPanel allows us to assign you an IP, so we can do it on the Shared side.

DA applies it to 'all users on IPV4 will share this IPV6 IP', so we're not enabling V6 on the resellers.

Francisco

How much you charge for a dedicated IPv6 on shared cPanel?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@johnnyquestion said: How much you charge for a dedicated IPv6 on shared cPanel?

V6 is free.

Francisco

Thanked by 1johnnyquestion
  • @Francisco said:
    V6 is free.

Francisco

Any update on Jetbackup or Acronis?

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:
    V6 is free.

Francisco

Yes :)

I was able to get Acronis to start backing up once I learned their system. It's quite confusing but I got it running against directadmin lv-shared01.

I'll provision the final hardware tomorrow it looks like and then we can get the agents online.

Francisco

• I've had a BuyShared plan for like 5 years now that I've been paying for and it's been inactive for like 4 ngl.

Still have like one emails that's kind of used forwarded on it tho, so, worth keeping rather than changing DNS.

• @Francisco
    Could it be possible to add WebSSH to DA too?
    It's a quite useful feature when migrating websites and using WP-CLI.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Isn't this server kinda low on RAM?
    lu-shared02
    @Francisco

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@henix said:

Isn't this server kinda low on RAM?
    lu-shared02
    @Francisco

At around 70%, I guess that's fine. Are you seeing any issues? Pretty sure @Francisco knows what he's doing and has good monitoring in place.

Thanked by 1greentea

We can increase the RAM when needed. We're keeping an eye on things :)

Francisco

Thanked by 2adly greentea
  • For a reseller account does it actually matter what domain you use at sign-up, do the nameservers of that domain always need to point to buyshared for access to the control panel or can you just use the IP listed in the welcome email instead? The hosting is only going to be used for small misc sites but I signed up with a domain I might need to point somewhere else in future and now I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@zako12 said:
    For a reseller account does it actually matter what domain you use at sign-up, do the nameservers of that domain always need to point to buyshared for access to the control panel or can you just use the IP listed in the welcome email instead? The hosting is only going to be used for small misc sites but I signed up with a domain I might need to point somewhere else in future and now I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem?

Nah it's not an issue. You can just use the node hostname to login (e.g lv-shared01.blah). You can also request a domain swap on the main reseller account by dropping a ticket, if you did want to change it for whatever reason.

Thanked by 2zako12 mikei
  • zako12zako12 Member
    edited February 2023

@Harambe said:
    Nah it's not an issue. You can just use the node hostname to login (e.g lv-shared01.blah). You can also request a domain swap on the main reseller account by dropping a ticket, if you did want to change it for whatever reason.

Thanks, didn't realise you could use the lu-shared02.x, I was thinking the only other access was via the IP (but without https). I'll just access control panel via that for the other accounts/domains and leave the nameservers for the domain I used at sign-up unchanged then.

• @zako12 said:
    Thanks, didn't realise you could use the lu-shared02.x, I was thinking the only other access was via the IP (but without https). I'll just access control panel via that for the other accounts/domains and leave the nameservers for the domain I used at sign-up unchanged then.

For convenience, you can point a subdomain like dapanel.yourdomain.com to their IP and then access the panel using https://dapanel.yourdomain.com/config/. To avoid the invalid ssl certificate message, you will have to add the subdomain in direct admin and get an SSL certificate for it.

Thanked by 2zako12 _MS_
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Even If you type the IP directly with http, it redirects to https, so it's secure.

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:
    V6 is free.

Francisco

Just wanted to give an update on this.

As of now we've provisioned a remote backups node to store all of our Acronis backups, instead of just using some temp servers to get it working.

lv-shared01 is around 87% through its initial backup. Once we see it working well and we can even restore some user files, we'll then roll it out to the rest of the nodes.

We intend to replace/remove Jetbackups and move everything to Acronis, that way the experience is the same on both offerings.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Arkas madarie Chalipa
  • @Francisco said:
    Just wanted to give an update on this.

As of now we've provisioned a remote backups node to store all of our Acronis backups, instead of just using some temp servers to get it working.

lv-shared01 is around 87% through its initial backup. Once we see it working well and we can even restore some user files, we'll then roll it out to the rest of the nodes.

We intend to replace/remove Jetbackups and move everything to Acronis, that way the experience is the same on both offerings.

Francisco

Thank you for the update.

I have lv-shared02 and lu-shared02 (DA) hopefully it will be added as well sometime soon :)

Is it possible to add custom location/destination for backup? In JetBackup it's possible to add new destinations and schedule backup.

@Chalipa said: I have lv-shared02 and lu-shared02 (DA) hopefully it will be added as well sometime soon

Is it possible to add custom location/destination for backup? In JetBackup it's possible to add new destinations and schedule backup.

I expect to have all other nodes, including cPanel's, done in the next 24 - 48 hours. lv-shared01 finished its backup run and it looks great. I really just need to go through each node and install the agent.

And no, Acronis doesn't work like that. Directadmin has its built in backup system if you want to make your own.

Acronis is missing some features like Snapshots, but we've had issues since day 1 with Jetbackup where it just hangs up and backups won't get generated until someone goes in and stops/starts the task/job again. Theres been more than once where it went months where no backups were taken.

I'd rather have consistent/reliable backups, than a few extra features.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Chalipa
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@Francisco do you now not offer plans to start from the 1st of the month, like you did earlier!

@agentmishra said: @Francisco do you now not offer plans to start from the 1st of the month, like you did earlier!

We've disabled pro-rate since WHMCS broke it back in October.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@agentmishra said: @Francisco do you now not offer plans to start from the 1st of the month, like you did earlier!

We've disabled pro-rate since WHMCS broke it back in October.

Francisco

ok, may the billing date be changed to some custom date, upon request!

@agentmishra said: ok, may the billing date be changed to some custom date, upon request!

Sure, If you pay the difference.

Francisco

but Karen never says this

may be its just a $2.00 dont matter kind of stuff

and if for these little things i need to contact you at the end, its better to talk to you directly!

will post the ticket number in here in a while or the order number will do!

@Francisco said:

@agentmishra said: ok, may the billing date be changed to some custom date, upon request!

Sure, If you pay the difference.

Francisco

@Francisco, Ticket #883914 need your attention

regards

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@agentmishra said: will post the ticket number in here in a while or the order number will do!

This isn't buyshared's ticket support.

@Arkas said:

@agentmishra said: will post the ticket number in here in a while or the order number will do!

This isn't buyshared's ticket support.

Thanks for enlightening me! o:)

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Does anyone know if setup node.js app feature is enabled in buyshared’s cpanel? Thanks

• @rsk said:
    Does anyone know if setup node.js app feature is enabled in buyshared’s cpanel? Thanks

Does not look like it

• @Francisco said:
    I expect to have all other nodes, including cPanel's, done in the next 24 - 48 hours. lv-shared01 finished its backup run and it looks great. I really just need to go through each node and install the agent.

And no, Acronis doesn't work like that. Directadmin has its built in backup system if you want to make your own.

Acronis is missing some features like Snapshots, but we've had issues since day 1 with Jetbackup where it just hangs up and backups won't get generated until someone goes in and stops/starts the task/job again. Theres been more than once where it went months where no backups were taken.

I'd rather have consistent/reliable backups, than a few extra features.

Francisco

Any update on this bossman?

Sorry for bumping again and again :)

It’s enabled on all but lu01 and I think lu02 is generating errors for it.

The rest are all good.

Francisco

• fiendfiend Member

@Francisco i know im late to this party, ive got buyvm/buyshared hosting for ages now, just wanna say its good to see that buyshared will keep going strong! awesome service as always! ;)