Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared.net - Web hosting and Reseller hosting plan now available! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared.net - Web hosting and Reseller hosting plan now available!

Comments

• @Francisco said:

@kend said:

@Francisco said:

@kend said: Do you mean that shared hosting can also have jetbackup?

If not, never mind, I'll submit a ticket to change to reseller hosting when possible.

Shared already has jetbackups, and they work. If it isn't working for you drop a ticket and we'll poke it.

Directadmin resellers don't have backups at all. We're working on that as we speak.

Francisco

I've already submitted a ticket regarding this yesterday. It seems that Mateus had no clue regarding this, and he told me only reseller accounts can use Jetbackup. That's why I came to LET to confirm with you. If you have time, would you please take a look at ticket number #297323? Thank you Francisco!

This should be sorted. It required additional changes in our backup repository that I disabled at some point.

Francisco

Yep, the snapshot is now working! Thank you very much!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Hxxx said: Just buy if you know what you are doing. I'm surprised you get a blesta license for free.

We've seen a lot of people asking how many cores they can max thinking they'll get 8 cores for $2/month. We had one user argue with me in a DM that they should be allowed to max 8 cores on the $7/m plan.

Another person asked for 50 blesta licenses since he wanted to resell them on his $2/m reseller.

It's why I'm being pretty aggressive in my replies to make sure people stay in line with the usage/expectations of the product.

Francisco

@kend said:
    Yep, the snapshot is now working! Thank you very much!

Good stuff. We'll see what we come up with for backups. Given what we pay for Jet it's not really worth it to use it over Acronis.

Francisco

Thanked by 1greentea
  • By any chance is SSH available on either? I see options for SSH keys on DA and cPanel but no indication of ports/how to connect.

Thanked by 1greentea

@Erisa said:
    By any chance is SSH available on either? I see options for SSH keys on DA and cPanel but no indication of ports/how to connect.

Port 53667.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@Hxxx said: Just buy if you know what you are doing. I'm surprised you get a blesta license for free.

We've seen a lot of people asking how many cores they can max thinking they'll get 8 cores for $2/month. We had one user argue with me in a DM that they should be allowed to max 8 cores on the $7/m plan.

Another person asked for 50 blesta licenses since he wanted to resell them on his $2/m reseller.

It's why I'm being pretty aggressive in my replies to make sure people stay in line with the usage/expectations of the product.

Francisco

That's pretty unrealistic expectations for 8 cores but if that much CPU is needed, can take a VPS.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Oh wow! @Francisco half of LET has been waiting for this, good to see BuyShared back in stock!

I've always wanted to try it out, glad that I finally get that chance :-)

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @Francisco said: I’m doing a test run on acronis this weekend before I commit to jet or something similar.

Feel free to ask me if you need assistance with Acronis products

• have moved my main site from a large provider (with whom it went well, but just some disagreements in court are currently being resolved) to buyshared. so far it's going well.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited February 2023

@Francisco is it a bug or a feature that .jpg files can not be attached to tickets? i always get this error:
    The following errors occurred: The file you tried to upload is not allowed.

@hyperblast said: @Francisco is it a bug or a feature that .jpg files can not be attached to tickets? i always get this error:

The following errors occurred: The file you tried to upload is not allowed.

we disable uploads many many years ago due to WHMCS exploits.

@AcronisDennis said: Feel free to ask me if you need assistance with Acronis products

>

Thanks, my issues are 50% technical, 50% because my brain is especially smooth. Basically when I try to create the 'backup storage' via my locally installed ACI node, it fails. my Acronis rep offered to get me a tech consult so they can see where things are going sideways.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Francisco are the Reseller programs upgradable? Can one upgrade as you go?

@Arkas said: @Francisco are the Reseller programs upgradable? Can one upgrade as you go?

Yes and Yes.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

@Arkas said: @Francisco are the Reseller programs upgradable? Can one upgrade as you go?

Yes and Yes.

Francisco

Would you offer extra storage upgrades if I hit the 125GB limits? If yes, prices?

@FatGrizzly said: Would you offer extra storage upgrades if I hit the 125GB limits? If yes, prices?

I intend to offer a bigger 250G package once we get the new nodes in place.

The new nodes will have 2x the NVME storage giving us buffer for those bigger plans.

No ETA on those, still haggling.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Francisco Sorry to keep bother you, but we've all waited very long for this, it's very exciting! Is it possible to stack reseller programs? I mean for example, 4X 125GB into 1?

@Arkas said: @Francisco Sorry to keep bother you, but we've all waited very long for this, it's very exciting! Is it possible to stack reseller programs? I mean for example, 4X 125GB into 1?

No, we need bigger drives in the nodes before we can do bigger plans.

Besides, If you need 500G, you really should get a slice/vps/dedi.

Francisco

Thanked by 1greentea
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Francisco said: Besides, If you need 500G, you really should get a slice/vps/dedi.

But then that won't include Blesta and softaculous...etc... right? Or am I confusing myself unnecessarily :blush:

@Arkas said: But then that won't include Blesta and softaculous...etc... right? Or am I confusing myself unnecessarily

Slices include those as well sir. Softac is free on all plans, and you get 1 free Blesta license as well.

We really as a 'one stop summerhost shop'.

Francisco

• @Francisco is it possible to get IPv6 on the BuyShared plan?

@unixfox said: @Francisco is it possible to get IPv6 on the BuyShared plan?

Ehhh... kinda. cPanel allows us to assign you an IP, so we can do it on the Shared side.

DA applies it to 'all users on IPV4 will share this IPV6 IP', so we're not enabling V6 on the resellers.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    DA applies it to 'all users on IPV4 will share this IPV6 IP', so we're not enabling V6 on the resellers.

Damn it, I've been waiting so long to get a buyshared reseller account and it falls on a dealbreaker like this. :disappointed:

@rcy026 said: Damn it, I've been waiting so long to get a buyshared reseller account and it falls on a dealbreaker like this.

I'll put in a feature improvement request to DA. It's possible there's a way to do both, but at last time we did V6 we had to 'link' the V6 to the V4. There was no way to give each user/reseller their own V6 + a shared V4.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@rcy026 said: Damn it, I've been waiting so long to get a buyshared reseller account and it falls on a dealbreaker like this.

I'll put in a feature improvement request to DA. It's possible there's a way to do both, but at last time we did V6 we had to 'link' the V6 to the V4. There was no way to give each user/reseller their own V6 + a shared V4.

Francisco

I do this all the time (shared v4 and multiple unique v6 per user/account), unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to achieve.

Thanked by 1greentea

@adly said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I do this all the time (shared v4 and multiple unique v6 per user/account), unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to achieve.

On DA resellers? But yes that would be it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @Francisco said:

@adly said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco

This works for me for both users and resellers, albeit in a manual fashion. That is I can assign a shared IPv4 to a reseller, and allocate them say 100 IPv6 addresses which they can then allocate to users.

Thanked by 1greentea

@adly said:

@Francisco said:

@adly said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco

This works for me for both users and resellers, albeit in a manual fashion. That is I can assign a shared IPv4 to a reseller, and allocate them say 100 IPv6 addresses which they can then allocate to users.

I’ll fiddle with it tonight :)

Francisco

Thanked by 3adly Arkas greentea
  • Honestly no point in doing the IPv6 thing in a shared node. While cool and is a feature, is not like the world only uses IPv6.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Hxxx said:
    Honestly no point in doing the IPv6 thing in a shared node. While cool and is a feature, is not like the world only uses IPv6.

people appreciate the setup when its a vps, but not a shared hosting server?

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

That's not really a problem. If it's a shared ip4 I don't mind if it's a shared ipv6.
    As long as I have somewhere to point my AAAA records at and the correct vhost responds I'm good.

I'm one of those scary people that have left ip4 way behind me, so most of my servers run ipv6 only. Not being able to reach my own sites without using some kind of proxy really sucks, so I buy nothing without ipv6.

Thanked by 1adly