Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strictly business... - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strictly business...

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@netomx said:
    Or expand the $7 price, and motivate the smaller ones too

What do you mean exactly?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@cosmicgate said:
    since this is business only can i submit my ticket here?

It would be better in PM but if you have something that others need to know about, go on :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jbiloh the $7 max range.

Motivate the smaller ones: I have seen a lot of 2gb $7 in leb, and it is boring.

One thing that I would like to see come back is the dead pool. If someone is willing to step up and work on that each quarter we could arrange some sort of prize etc. Thoughts?

• jbiloh said: If someone is willing to step up and work on that each quarter we could arrange some sort of prize etc.

A dead pool prize..?

@ihatetonyy said:
    A dead pool prize..?

To the person who writes the post.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • jbiloh said: One thing that I would like to see come back is the dead pool. If someone is willing to step up and work on that each quarter we could arrange some sort of prize etc. Thoughts?

I agree, and also company acquisition. I just knew that SemoWeb is owned by RLT now, after they provide me with a new IP, while the reason I use the service is I'm following Dustin C.

• @netomx said:
    jbiloh the $7 max range.

Motivate the smaller ones: I have seen a lot of 2gb $7 in leb, and it is boring.

I don't understand this part too. Expand - do you mean increase $7 threshold to lets say $10? This would mean only more "lowendboxes" with 8GB - 10GB memory or something like that.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2013

I could do a deadpool. They are just so hard to find! I tried helping Liam once, it was a disaster. We really need community help for that.

About the offers: I see at lot of $7/2GB ones in the queue, or even more than 2GB. I'm at a training now so I cannot easily elaborate but I will later. I really don't mind discussion that or sharing that, though.

I miss the quarterly community updates. You guys like me to write one during Christmas that covers the past few months?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited December 2013

LEB rules does say only 1 company can post. I think what we need to clarify is what counts as 1 company and how this rule works. That's the gist of the problem that I see.

If the rules says anything is a company, then so be it. Currently it says 1 company and to many this means 1 big company no matter how many smaller entities.

Get it fixed and no 1 will complain since it is a set rule.

We are complaining because the rule is contradicting.

So what counts?

When the credit card bill of 1 company points to another who owns it?

When you use the same google analytics ID who owns it?

Owning shares is one thing, having similar traits is another.

• LEB rules does say only 1 company can post. I think what we need to clarify is what counts as 1 company and how this rule works. That's the gist of the problem that I see.
    If the rules says anything is a company, then so be it. Currently it says 1 company and to many this means 1 big company no matter how many smaller entities.

Why not go by the legal definition of a company (as opposed to the misguided LEB idea that each website is a company or an entity)?

company n. any formal business entity for profit which may be a corporation, a partnership, association or individual proprietorship.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/company

TL;DR if a company owns 50 different websites there is still only 1 legal entity. Each of those 50 websites is not a different company or a separate entity.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • mpkossen said: unlike most politicians, I don't see that as an option. Also, I really like posting offers, writing tutorials and managing these sites. I love it, actually. That's not because of pay, it's because I've liked it from the start.

but somehow I'm really sure, this is about money :)

• To be honest I'm relieved. This was getting kind of old.

The fact is that every website and company is owned by someone else. I mean, just look at car brands...

• DomainBop said: TL;DR if a company owns 50 different websites there is still only 1 legal entity. Each of those 50 websites is not a different company or a separate entity.

Because in the ServerMania etc case I'm sure they are all separate legal entities but owned by the same person. Folks here say that's the same company whereas CC/LEB say it's not.

• Maounique, You are a positive contributor to the LET community and I hope to keep seeing you around.

I have to admit my ignorance when it comes to "CC". Until recently I thought this site was owned and operated by the user Spirit, who had no ties to any company. Now that I've taken some time to read up more on it I understand some of the shill comments I see from time to time and I understand why some people are concerned.

I do wonder how the offers that appear on LEB are chosen? Are they picked from the LET offers section? Emailed directly to LEB? Do companies have to pay to be highlighted on LEB? I've seen some really fantastic offers here and I was amazed they didn't make it on LowEndBox.

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited December 2013

badpatrick said: I do wonder how the offers that appear on LEB are chosen? Are they picked from the LET offers section? Emailed directly to LEB? Do companies have to pay to be highlighted on LEB? I've seen some really fantastic offers here and I was amazed they didn't make it on LowEndBox.

I believe you can submit a ticket here to post an offer on LEB: http://helpdesk.lowendbox.com/index.php?module=tickets&sec=submit.step1

• Thanks dhamaniasad!

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2013

@tchen said:
    Maounique You have seen this image right?

There is still EDIS which is 100% Austrian owned and will stay so also (at least controlled i hope) :>

Anyway, sad to see @maounique go, but we keep in touch anyway :)

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2013

@dhamaniasad said:

Was going to use that, now maybe not so much;
    Its sad that alot of the regular members that add value to this forum are now going, and several parties involved refuse to admit their part in the whole unfolding.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

@mpkossen said:
    jarland: why should I treat pubcrawler differently from the other people trying to evade a ban?

Also, you have no idea what it's like to be me in the position I'm in now. I'm a human being, currently being used as a punching bag. My hands are tied and I'm getting hit from all sides. I just do and did what I can, you really have to trust me on that.

I know exactly what it's like and I know how to keep my integrity while representing a company that a lot of people hate. You've been one of the first here to ridicule people for noticing that things look suspicious and one of the last to accept when maybe it is true. Nothing personal, I like you, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

• @jarland said:
    I know exactly what it's like and I know how to keep my integrity while representing a company that a lot of people hate.

In that case I really don't get your response from before.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    In that case I really don't get your response from before.

Edited to help.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy mpkossen
  • Time for refreshing...

I can imagine if new year all of LEB brotherhood and sisterhood have together meet and great and doing some small party.

There always bring great memories i think...

• @mpkossen - dead pool is actually quite easy to do, we have a tool that monitors most VPS and dedicated server providers uptime and network performance/changes.

The number of failures in 2013 is 3-4 times that of 2012 and the number of bogus acquisitions is even more crazy.

• @MarkTurner Very interesting! Any chance that those stats could be viewed publicly. Something similar could be done using @ServerBear .

• @tija I'll ask the question, I am not sure whether its going to be possible because this type of data is of commercial relevance to our company.

• MarkTurner said: I am not sure whether its going to be possible because this type of data is of commercial relevance to our company.

It can be categorized as a trade secret, IMHO.