Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strictly business... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strictly business...

Comments

• @tchen Analogies are generally misleading if notchosen carefully. The difference is that the people come to LET not as users of one company or product but to interact as a community. That is why there is a sense of betrayal.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

jbiloh said: Despite knowing immediately that he was evading we let him spew on and on for days in the hope he will be discredited as before and he didnt have enough evidence. But it turned out this time he did his homework and the evidence was solid, then we used the ban evasion excuse.

There, fixed it.
    What do you want this place to become ? A place to post offers from CC ? Where fan boys come and praise your products and shun anyone else ? How would then be different from the times of Chief and BuyVM ?
    I am sorry but this is too obvious for anyone in their right mind to ignore. I rarely admit I was wrong, but now it is one of those cases.
    I do not say your products are bad, I even praise CVPS for their offers and prices, same as I did with BuyVM, they have a solid operation, this is about bias.
    OK, the CVPS/CC haters went to unthinkable lows at times, including ban evasions, but in the end you are doing all you can to prove them right and their fight worthwhile.

• @jbiloh You banned dissidents because you did not like them, regardless of the merit of their current contribution? It seems to be getting personal and political. This is poison for any community.

Thanked by 2ryanarp TheLinuxBug
  • @vRoozenSch00n: very nicely worded! I would very much love to focus more on that technical part or at least bring it back into focus. It's not a simple transition, though. It requires time and effort from many people. But I am going to focus more on that in the future, believe me. Once this busy time is over, I am going to push out more tutorials. If you have any ideas on how to bring this more in focus, let me know!

• Not trying to be a dick, but nobody cares about tutorials. People want some other deals other than the usual crap.. (people from various different communities come to LEB, only a very small percentage actually gives a shit about those tutorials)

• I should have banned him right away according to how we always deal with ban evasion. Simple as that. It was a bad decision on my end.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    OK, the CVPS/CC haters went to unthinkable lows at times, including ban evasions, but in the end you are doing all you can to prove them right and their fight worthwhile.

We should have reacted more quickly in removing the offer until SolveDDOS was better vetted and understood. I agree completely.

• Also @mpkossen, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Banning rarely works, certainly not for these kind of people.

Then still, for what reason? Something that Roel decided 1.5 years ago?

• tchentchen Member
    edited December 2013

Maounique said: OK, the CVPS/CC haters went to unthinkable lows at times, including ban evasions, but in the end you are doing all you can to prove them right and their fight worthwhile.

Okay, now I really don't get it. We freely admit they crossed the line - and then administrative action is taken and it suddenly becomes proof that we have an oppressive tyrant just because we might have liked what they say?

If you really want freedom, democracy, and transparency (and all the usual rhetorical BS that gets thrown about), you have to accept the system even if it doesn't go your way. Seriously.

• @mpkossen said:
    vRoozenSch00n: very nicely worded! I would very much love to focus more on that technical part or at least bring it back into focus. It's not a simple transition, though. It requires time and effort from many people. But I am going to focus more on that in the future, believe me. Once this busy time is over, I am going to push out more tutorials. If you have any ideas on how to bring this more in focus, let me know!

I just don't want to loose my friends here, at vpsBoard, WHT, or lxCenter. The reason I join any community is to share experience and learn something new.

I am not young, but I'm willing to learn from my younger peer here or any forums, and I will help whenever I am capable.

@c0y said:
    Not trying to be a dick, but nobody cares about tutorials. People want some other deals other than the usual crap.. (people from various different communities come to LEB, only a very small percentage actually gives a shit about those tutorials)

What sort of offers would be most interesting to you?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@mpkossen said:
    I should have banned him right away according to how we always deal with ban evasion. Simple as that. It was a bad decision on my end.

You mean like this:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/18365/buymyvm-affordable-quality-openvz-vps-from-15-year-25-discount#latest ?

scammer from Goldline/Dreamtera/3MServers/BuyMyVM who has been banned multiple times under many IDs, has posted offers using a nulled WHMCS and had a site advertising warez hosting is allowed to continue posting offers under a new ID?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

When it comes down to it, the contributions of said banned person does not fit the business model of this forum. The information provided by banned person was great for consumers to be better informed about who they are buying their VPS from. Going from one host to the next with a different name, doesn't always mean you will see a different experience. So knowing that several brands are operated the same way will help the buyer pick a different brand with a different owner.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n jar
    edited December 2013

I do not contest the ban, I contest the way they acted on the evidence.
    IF the ban was done for the correct reasons, would have been done the first post.
    IF the evidence was solid and CC admits the mistake, then ALL the offers of the company that was found breaking the rules repeatedly should have been pulled.
    In the end it looks like damage limitation, one offer is pulled, but the thread is closed and OP banned. OK, OP could have been banned for ban evasion, but then why close thread ? The points there were genuine and worth discussing.
    If one offer from that company was found to break the rules, all suffered from the same issue, all should have been pulled, if not for something else, only for the mere fact that one was breaking the rules and the company is to be punished, not the post per se.

tchen said: Okay, now I really don't get it. We freely admit they crossed the line - and then administrative action is taken

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n wlanboy
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I think the real consideration would be why OP was banned in the first place - and I mean the initial ban set by Chief.

Thanked by 2netomx vRozenSch00n
  • @jbiloh said:
    What sort of offers would be most interesting to you?

How about first getting all the queued posts on there

@c0y said:
    How about first getting all the queued posts on there

Is there some sort of service in particular that would interest you most? Just simply curious.

• CC owns LET/B, but it does not mean that CC can break any of these rules.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@joepie91 said:
    I think the real consideration would be why OP was banned in the first place - and I mean the initial ban set by Chief.

According to what Alex Vial from ColoCrossing posted today on the SolveDDoS thread ColoCrossing has owned the site for over a year. PubCrawler was banned earlier this year...i.e. Chief's name might have still been being used at the top of the site but he was long gone when PubCrawler was banned. ColoCrossing not Chief banned Pubcrawler.

edited to add: pubcrawler's last post was April 21st.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    I am not young, but I'm willing to learn from my younger peer here or any forums, and I will help whenever I am capable.

Great attitude by the way.

• @jbiloh said:

New fish, something that isn't all around 8GB RAM, 1200GB disk, 16 cpu cores and other massive overselling for $7.

It has been long ago I saw a solid providers on LEB, very long time ago that I saw an offer wherest the owners actually care about their business.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Bye.

Oh look the psycho caused so much drama people want to leave... seeing a pattern here.

• jbiloh said: Great attitude by the way.

Many people that I know helped me lot so that I can survive :)

vRozenSch00n said: Many people that I know helped me lot so that I can survive :)

We can live without money, but not without friends/family.
    In many situations, pursuing one make you lose the other.

@c0y said:
    New fish, something that isn't all around 8GB RAM, 1200GB disk, 16 cpu cores and other massive overselling for $7.

It has been long ago I saw a solid providers on LEB, very long time ago that I saw an offer wherest the owners actually care about their business.

Maarten can problem speak to upcoming offers. We occasionally talk about focusing on more international offers, etc, but truthfully they just aren't THAT common from what he tells me.

And I think that most providers around here care about their businesses. I think that small business owners are generally prideful people who want to offer the best service possible.

• Maounique said: We can live without money, but not without friends/family.

In many situations, pursuing one make you lose the other.

I choose the first option, family and friends.

• @jbiloh you should set the RAM limit for OpenVZ LET/B offers, and no limits for KVM offers.

Thanked by 1tux

@Andy said:
    jbiloh you should set the RAM limit for OpenVZ LET/B offers, and no limits for KVM offers.

Create a thread about it with a poll. Let the community decide.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Or expand the $7 price, and motivate the smaller ones too

• since this is business only can i submit my ticket here?