Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strictly business...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strictly business...

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
edited December 2013 in General

OK, so, the thread with the investigation about Chris N and his N+1 shells featured on LEB has been closed.
The OP has been banned.
@mpkossen made it clear in the closing post that he will no longer tolerate other people doing his job at investigating the frauds.
There was one concession, one of the offers of that guy has been pulled.
I admit I was wrong. I thought @mpkossen could have kept CC out of it or at least at a respectable distance where they can do no harm. I supported them, but now the undeniable proof has been posted. I am sorry.
Since I did a mistake and I tried to convince others about this, I will do more than being just sorry.
I am now withdrawing from this board, me, personally. If I will not be banned for this critical post, I will continue to represent Prometeus/Iperweb and answer your concerns and inquiries about it. But, since the board is strictly business, this is what I will do, strictly business.
I am going to change my signature too. Me, as an individual and customer, is gone, it is a business board and I will represent only the business.
You can now cheer and celebrate, the pesky maounique with TL;DR posts is gone, I hope it is for the best :)

Thanked by 3DomainBop tommy Asim

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited December 2013

Best of luck

• I'm afraid I can't agree with @Spencer on this one. I'm very sorry you have made this decision. I usually appreciated your posts. I'm also quite sure you didn't completely get my point.

Just let me know if you'd like to discuss this with me.

Thanked by 2jcaleb netomx
  • vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

@Maounique said:
    OK, so, the thread with the investigation about Chris N and his N+1 shells featured on LEB has been closed.
    The OP has been banned.
    mpkossen made it clear in the closing post that he will no longer tolerate other people doing his job at investigating the frauds.
    I admit I was wrong. I thought mpkossen could have kept CC out of it or at least at a respectable distance where they can do no harm. I supported them, but now the undeniable proof has been posted. I am sorry.
    Since I did a mistake and I tried to convince others about this, I will do more than being just sorry.
    I am now withdrawing from this board, me, personally. If I will not be banned for this critical post, I will continue to represent Prometeus/Iperweb and answer your concerns and inquiries about it. But, since the board is strictly business, this is what I will do, strictly business.
    I am going to change my signature too. Me, as an individual and customer, is gone, it is a business board and I will represent only the business.
    You can now cheer and celebrate, the pesky maounique with TL;DR posts is gone, I hope it is for the best :)

Whaaaaatttt?????

@Maounique you should stay as it is. The community needs balance here.

Thanked by 2Maounique ihatetonyy
  • vRozenSch00n said: @Maounique you should stay as it is. The community needs balance here.

What and where it all happened??

@Maounique be the way you are, we love your opinion.

• we will miss you Monique :(

Thanked by 2Maounique Pats
  • I too disagree with the way the other thread was closed. It was very similar to how big brothers et.al. try to silence their detractors. There should be no reason to ban a person to bring out the truth on the so called ground of "ban evasion". It reeks of politics rather than straighttalk and follow through.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited December 2013

About all the companies: like I said above, I have no way to verify anything and I don't think anybody expects me to make this my day job.

Interesting. Why don't let others who have the ability to do?

Edit: And that ban somehow reminds me of this - http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/galaxy-s4-burns-out-samsung-says-it-will-replace-unit-after-user-pulls-video-report-456867.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Any of our disagreements aside, this is a sad reason to bow out. However, an appropriate reason to do so. I must also recognize that Maarten is not able to run this site but is merely a puppet of the new regime. Sorry Maarten, that's just how it is.

I think it's time many of us simply moved on from this place, accepting that it is now nothing more than a product designed to assist colocrossing in their acquisition of IPv4 allotments at any cost. It's not a community anymore. The only community is people like us clinging to something that is as good as dead. Time to let it die? Maybe.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

Just for clarification, my thanking of Maounique was because I agree with his reasons for deciding not to post, not because I'm happy that he won't be posting.

I don't think that LEB/LET does a good job of weeding out some of the crap companies that post offers here which makes LET/LEB a minefield for unsuspecting customers who get sucked into these companies offers. I also don't think that LET should be giving a free pass to companies that failed to follow the legal requirements for databreach notification procedures (sorry, but the State Attorney generals and Visa/Mastercard don't really care that the breach was caused by Solus/WHMCS/insert script name here 's crappy coding, they just care that the business that was breached didn't follow proper notifications rules).

Thanked by 3Maounique k0nsl AuroraZ
  • @jarland: why should I treat pubcrawler differently from the other people trying to evade a ban?

Also, you have no idea what it's like to be me in the position I'm in now. I'm a human being, currently being used as a punching bag. My hands are tied and I'm getting hit from all sides. I just do and did what I can, you really have to trust me on that.

• The whole rhetoric bandwagon thing is getting old. And its' sad that it claims another victim.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

mpkossen said: My hands are tied and I'm getting hit from all sides.

You can also quit.
    When it becomes so bad, then it is time to drop the towel. Do you honestly think it can be salvaged still ?
    And, yeah, as I told you in the PM, if you consider the evidence unsatisfactory, then...
    You said yourself you cannot do detective work to catch all the crooks, fair enough, I cant either, but let the passionate ones do it for free. In theory, everyone would benefit, the only problem would be the CC thing and their owning of this BUSINESS.

Thanked by 2ryanarp Pats
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

I think it's time many of us simply moved on from this place, accepting that it is now nothing more than a product designed to assist colocrossing in their acquisition of IPv4 allotments at any cost. It's not a community anymore. The only community is people like us clinging to something that is as good as dead. Time to let it die? Maybe.

@jarland really? Yes, things are far from great here. Not because so often blamed CC, but because crowd without basic respect for each other. Crowd who see it only as place to milk it as a cow. And crowd who see it as place to vent own negative impulses. To humiliate as much as possible others at lowest possible ways. And all other crap we post on daily basis.
    It's not CC who post and control 99.999...% content at LET. The rest of us, including you, do. And yes this place with all those little battles, personal related attacks, insults... sucks.
    New and new ways, invented to circumvent forum rules to promote own business all the time sucks. Our arrogance when some newbie ask question which we already know sucks.
    Where do you see CC in the middle of all this? Those guys barely post at LET. But the rest of us do. On daily basis. But this place still sucks, correct?

Newbie: what is the best practise to protect your information at vps
    Answer: what do you hide? Don't be a cheap ass you moron and buy a dedicated server if you want privacy.

Sound familiar? This is our LET today! This is how we share knowledge at LET. And the reason why LET sucks.

• @Maounique: unlike most politicians, I don't see that as an option. Also, I really like posting offers, writing tutorials and managing these sites. I love it, actually. That's not because of pay, it's because I've liked it from the start.

@Zen: just read my post in response to jarland. Its got nothing to do with pay, by the way.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Well if it's ColoCrossing it's kinda sad they can't spell "protected".

mpkossen said: unlike most politicians, I don't see that as an option

This is not a resign because you did something wrong it would be like, hey, since I cannot do my job correctly, I will resign, it is not like you depend on it to live like many people today and have to put up with all this BS, like do as I say and then take the blame for the way it turned out.
    I agree you like to post, select offers and teach people, I like that too, but wouldnt it be better to do it freely without much interference, except from the votes of a few other free people ?
    I resign because I did something wrong, I believed in something that proved not to be there, while Chief and BuyVM rule was bad and this is a bit of an improvement, it is still not satisfactory and is going to get worse. I was wrong and take full responsibility.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    The OP has been banned.
    mpkossen made it clear in the closing post that he will no longer tolerate other people doing his job at investigating the frauds.
    I admit I was wrong. I thought mpkossen could have kept CC out of it or at least at a respectable distance where they can do no harm. I supported them, but now the undeniable proof has been posted. I am sorry.

I hope that you reconsider. I certainly enjoyed reading your posts.

As I mentioned in another thread we will be tweaking the rules to account for situations where an investment company, which owns partial stakes in web hosting companies, does not make said hosting companies unable to enjoy the benefits from LEB. Situations like this are going to become more and more frequent as the industry goes through the normal maturation process that ALL industries experience. A year from now companies like Root Level and Net3 will be far more common and LEB must adapt accordingly.

@jbiloh said:
    As I mentioned in another thread we will be tweaking the rules to account for situations where an investment company, which owns partial stakes in web hosting companies, does not make said hosting companies unable to enjoy the benefits from LEB. Situations like this are going to become more and more frequent as the industry goes through the normal maturation process that ALL industries experience. A year from now companies like Root Level and Net3 will be far more common and LEB must adapt accordingly.

So, you are saying that if I have a company in my name but all but one share is owned by CVPS I can post an offer ? Or not even having shares and not being a registered business, CVPS'sDOG VPS can post offers ?
    This is not what everyone here means, alright, mergers and aquisitions, but if they are owned by the same company/individual, they should follow the rules as one entity.
    In the anti-trust case against it Microsoft could have made 10 other companies that make and sell various Windows versions, would that be enough for the case to close ?
    I am sorry, but this is not satisfactory, it would be like we can post with Iperweb and Prometeus separately, not to mention we also have Iperweb LLC for 16 years, would that be fair ? Tell me so I go prepare the offers, post all three and then we will see if the argument holds water.

Thanked by 2ryanarp GaNi
  • When LEA started LEB, the intention is to provide information about low resource VPS providers and some know how to use limited resources to host a decent website.

In the beginning LEA re-posted offers from WHT or his own resource after researching that a provider worth to be posted at LEB.

LEA established LET as a sharing platform alongside LEB to bridge providers, end users, and enthusiastic coders to have a platform that beneficial to all.

Overtime, LEB and LET become so popular and LEA felt that he needed to escape LEB & LET as it is consuming his private time with his job and family.

I'm not going back to how LEB & LET was taken over, as it is old stories and we have to move on.

My concern as a reader and end user is that LEA tried very hard to place some kind of filter that posting should be regulated so that only decent provider can post their offer which in the end would be beneficial to LEB & LET readers.

At some point smabowlski?? / pubcrawler?? had a point that relates to the community spirit of how LEB and LET was established and I am also sure that long timer here like @verdran, @jcaleb, @spirit, @mpkossen, @infinity tried very hard to keep that community spirit.

I wish LEB and LET can go back to a condition where the intention is to provide information about VPS providers and beneficial sharing platform.

As now LEB & LET belongs to a business entity, I suggest that ColoCrossing would state that they own both forum and offer posting priority is given to their subsidiary provider, company group and official partners.

IMHO it is fair enough as the entity that owns of LEB & LET has a same type of business.

@Maounique said:
    I am sorry, but this is not satisfactory, it would be like we can post with Iperweb and Prometeus separately, not to mention we also have Iperweb LLC for 16 years, would that be fair ? Tell me so I go prepare the offers, post all three and then we will see if the argument holds water.

I don't really know much about your business, what is Iperweb and what is Prometeus?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@vRozenSch00n said:
    When LEA started LEB, the intention is to provide information about low resource VPS providers and some know how to use limited resources to host a decent website.

In the beginning LEA re-posted offers from WHT or his own resource after researching that a provider worth to be posted at LEB.

LEA established LET as a sharing platform alongside LEB to bridge providers, end users, and enthusiastic coders to have a platform that beneficial to all.

Overtime, LEB and LET become so popular and LEA felt that he needed to escape LEB & LET as it is consuming his private time with his job and family.

I'm not going back to how LEB & LET was taken over, as it is old stories and we have to move on.

My concern as a reader and end user is that LEA tried very hard to place some kind of filter that posting should be regulated so that only decent provider can post their offer which in the end would be beneficial to LEB & LET readers.

At some point smabowlski?? / pubcrawler?? had a point that relates to the community spirit of how LEB and LET was established and I am also sure that long timer here like verdran, jcaleb, spirit, mpkossen, infinity tried very hard to keep that community spirit.

This. As I'd word it, it has gone from a 'community' to a 'marketing pinboard'.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

joke:

@Maounique you are a chicken quitting like that insert chicken sound

/joke

Man, come on, I think he made a right decision. And you need to continue posting, you are a good member

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • tchentchen Member
    edited December 2013

@Maounique You have seen this image right?

Get used to it.

As for the Microsoft analogy, they do have about almost two dozen subsidiaries (fully/partially owned) that operate alongside their game division, Microsoft Studios. Xbox live promotes and runs each of their titles as if they were separate entities with nary a blip on anyone's radar.

This is much ado about nothing.

• @jbiloh said:
    I don't really know much about your business, what is Iperweb and what is Prometeus?

@prometeus

They are popular (on LET/B) VPS brands.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@jbiloh said:

It doesn't look like you know much about LET/LEB then since Prometeus/Iperweb has consistently been voted either #1 or #2 in the quarterly LEB poll over the past 2 years :)

http://wiki.lowendbox.com/doku.php?id=top-providers
    http://lowendbox.com/?s=top+providers&searchsubmit=Find

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Told him he was going to get banned... Bring up anything that has to do with CC, CVPS or any of their buddies and your done.

Crooked it is. Although, this is what happens when a COMPANY owns LE*.......just becomes corrupt. Never the same since LowEndAdmin left.

@DomainBop said:
    It doesn't look like you know much about LET/LEB then since Prometeus/Iperweb has consistently been voted either #1 or #2 in the quarterly LEB poll over the past 2 years :)

http://wiki.lowendbox.com/doku.php?id=top-providers

I am familiar with the names and their products but that's about it. Much more to know I am sure. :)

edited December 2013

@NateN34 said:
    Told him he was going to get banned... Bring up anything that has to do with CC, CVPS or any of their buddies and your done.

Crooked it is. Although, this is what happens when a COMPANY owns LE*.......just becomes corrupt. Never the same since LowEndAdmin left.

He was banned due to ban evasion. He was banned originally a long time ago by Chief for the first (or second?) time. There is an unhealthy fixation going on with the man who caries many aliases.

Despite knowing immediately that he was evading we let him spew on and on for days.