Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Journey from Zero to Provider Tag - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Journey from Zero to Provider Tag

Comments

• @yoursunny said:

"I have your username as a domain name. Pay me to get it"

Somebody sell me yoursunny.com please?
    I'll pay $3000 for it.

wow!!!

• ok

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@HalfEatenPie said:
    This is his way of trying to fundraise for a provider tag.

Basically sounds like he's trying to blackmail me with "I have your username as a domain name. Pay me to get it"

I told him to fuck off.

@Arkas @DP just pinging to say keep an eye out on this guy? He might be doing similar things to other people.

Enjoy spending that $$$ you paid for a dumb domain. That domain has no real value to me.

jfc.

@JamesRoi I'll buy that domain off you for $5

Thanked by 1bdl
  • TrKTrK Member

@crunchbits said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

Basically sounds like he's trying to blackmail me with "I have your username as a domain name. Pay me to get it"

I told him to fuck off.

@Arkas @DP just pinging to say keep an eye out on this guy? He might be doing similar things to other people.

Enjoy spending that $$$ you paid for a dumb domain. That domain has no real value to me.

jfc.

Gotta try with @HalfEatenPie yourself?, i mean being in business does gives you plenty experience dealing in sales :lol:

@TrK said:

@crunchbits said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

I told him to fuck off.

jfc.

Gotta try with @HalfEatenPie yourself?, i mean being in business does gives you plenty experience dealing in sales :lol:

I would screenshot this thread as the main image and do my best to SEO it ahead and show how the owner of whatever new summerhost is being spun up started by attempting to blackmail long-standing forum users for 'seed capital'.

Welcome to the club?

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • TrKTrK Member

@crunchbits said:

@TrK said:

@crunchbits said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

I told him to fuck off.

jfc.

I would screenshot this thread as the main image and do my best to SEO it ahead and show how the owner of whatever new summerhost is being spun up started by attempting to blackmail long-standing forum users for 'seed capital'.

Welcome to the club?

A good idea indeed, let's go!

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@crunchbits said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

I told him to fuck off.

jfc.

$7

Thanked by 1bdl

@brueggus said:

@crunchbits said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

I told him to fuck off.

jfc.

$7

I'll buy it off you for $10 then, but not from op.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Register JamesRoi.com and sell to OP.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Marx
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@DP said:

Someone was faster than me :(

@brueggus said:

@DP said:

Someone was faster than me :(

I bet it was @crunchbits.

Cheeky.

• @DP said:

Too late. Someone had the same idea. I hope he comes up with some good shit.

@stefeman said:

@DP said:

It was registered after I mentioned it here.

$100 says it's @crunchbits :smiley:

@DP said:

@stefeman said:

@DP said:

It was registered after I mentioned it here.

$100 says it's @crunchbits :smiley:

I'll take that $100 in XMR, please

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@DP said: It was registered after I mentioned it here.

It could be me :smile:

Thanked by 1greentea

@JamesRoi, don't forget to respond when you wake up :smiley:

• TrKTrK Member

You guys sure are doing something great :grin:

Weird, I just went to that domain that I think @Arkas registered and it redirected me to the bribe comment.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@crunchbits said: Weird, I just went to that domain that I think @Arkas registered and it redirected me to the bribe comment.

I didn't register it, I was joking. :blush:

• TrKTrK Member

@crunchbits said:
    Weird, I just went to that domain that I think @Arkas registered and it redirected me to the bribe comment.

Could have proxied entire thread :lol:

• @DP said:

Imagine his anger when he finds out we much rather waste money to fuck around with him, than support his blackmailing I mean fundraising project.

@stefeman said:

@DP said:

Imagine his anger when he finds out we much rather waste money to fuck around with him, than support his blackmailing I mean fundraising project.

He already has a hosting company up and running - registered last month.

He should be fine :smiley:

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2023

@stefeman said:

@DP said:

His pie got FullEaten. Journey from Zero to Provider Tag to Zero in 60 seconds.

• Is it just me. Or do others find it funny that he spent money on something as risky as this to try and raise money... for a web host.

Like... If he pulls this then why would you even host anything critical with him and his "company". Because he might hold your data hostage in return for extra $$$.

This really demolishes confidence and any good-will to @JamesRoi 's current and/or future business. Like this should be a major warning bell for anyone else in the future to assess if you'll never do business with him, because he might try to blackmail you with your own data.

Thanked by 3bdl crunchbits Pwner
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Is it just me. Or do others find it funny that he spent money on something as risky as this to try and raise money... for a web host.

Like... If he pulls this then why would you even host anything critical with him and his "company". Because he might hold your data hostage in return for extra $$$.

This really demolishes confidence and any good-will to @JamesRoi 's current and/or future business. Like this should be a major warning bell for anyone else in the future to assess if you'll never do business with him, because he might try to blackmail you with your own data.

It was the first thing I thought. Or then he is naive enough to think that you missed that domain and hes showing how nice he is by reserving it to you, and expects you to react like: "Damn, thats nice that it was free. I didin't know." and assumes that you want to buy it. and he quotes you 2x the price to get some savings.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Is it just me. Or do others find it funny that he spent money on something as risky as this to try and raise money... for a web host.

Agreed with all your points completely, crazy.

They mention that they live in a third world country which has a minimum wage of $9.75/day then purchase (at least) one .com for $3.09 (at best) from cosmotown.com. I suppose it is a very efficient way to destroy all credibility in as little time as possible, so kudos to that.

• So many guys registered in last 3 months want start in hosting business is enough fishy to say no to them.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @bdl said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

Agreed with all your points completely, crazy.

They mention that they live in a third world country which has a minimum wage of $9.75/day then purchase (at least) one .com for $3.09 (at best) from cosmotown.com. I suppose it is a very efficient way to destroy all credibility in as little time as possible, so kudos to that.

It's pretty much a lose situation.

It's as if a SOB story will help me open up the purse to give him free $$$. He was talking about how it's almost a day's salary and then says "to make money, I'm going to do Targeted Domain Sniping and you're one of my cows I'm going to squeeze".

I'm happy to support meaningful causes and helpful people. Hell I've offered to support people around me in their ambitions. But this approach is equivalent to blackmailing and does not incentivize me to be nice, to be helpful, and to be supportive. Instead, this does the opposite. A knee-jerking reaction of "what the fuck" and "yeah never going to help this person on a technical or financial level."

For me, this guy's done.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@Arkas said: I guess getting Arkas.com is out of the question with these prices...

Maounique.com is 10 Eur. I would buy it for 7. We all know our worth.

Thanked by 2bdl TimboJones
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

I told him to fuck off.

Imagine saving that money towards paying for a provider tag through honest work instead of being a greedy, opportunist piece of shit.

This guy should not be allowed to sell on LET.

This discussion has been closed.