Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD Ryzen 5950x VPS 50% bonus | Email & Web Hosting | NAT VPS - WebHorizon - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AMD Ryzen 5950x VPS 50% bonus | Email & Web Hosting | NAT VPS - WebHorizon

12345679»

Comments

• Yup, it's down again lol. So, 5th in a month?

This is a very interesting host lol.

• @hacenn said:
    @Abd server down again!!!!

Technically server is still up, it's routing again :trollface: .
    If you need your things you can use the IPv6 - it's still working, it's 100% uptime past 4 days (when I started Hetrixtool).

But yeah, I am out, this is too much for me :D

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2023

@srch07 said:
    Yup, it's down again lol. So, 5th in a month?

I understand your frustration on this matter but unfortunately this is being looked into by NOC. Will share details in email once this resolves along with compensation for the downtime.
    This is affecting IPv4 , meanwhile ipv6 remains reachable incase you'd need to access critical data.

Update: The upstream provider is doing urgent maintenance with their core routers to fix this.

• @Abd @JabJab thanks for the updates

• @Abd said:

@srch07 said:
    Yup, it's down again lol. So, 5th in a month?

I understand your frustration on this matter but unfortunately this is being looked into by NOC. Will share details in email once this resolves along with compensation for the downtime.
    This is affecting IPv4 , meanwhile ipv6 remains reachable incase you'd need to access critical data.

Update: The upstream provider is doing urgent maintenance with their core routers to fix this.

It's amazing that we are always able to reach you on LET and over support. However, this really needs to be stabilized. It's annoying to see it going down frequently, even though we have redundancy built into our system.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Abd said:
    Our bgp sessions with upstream went down earlier this morning, they restarted it in 5 minutes.
    the upstream is investigating this with the NOC. I am closely following it and will get back in some minutes. This is affecting IPv4 connectivity only.

Make two BGP sessions for redundancy.

@yoursunny said:

@Abd said:
    Our bgp sessions with upstream went down earlier this morning, they restarted it in 5 minutes.
    the upstream is investigating this with the NOC. I am closely following it and will get back in some minutes. This is affecting IPv4 connectivity only.

they are, seems both sessions went down at the same time.
    I will have full details from the upstream once it resolves

@Abd said:

@yoursunny said:

@Abd said:

Make two BGP sessions with two different upstreams, not the upstream.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • farukirfarukir Member
    edited January 2023

@Abd said:

@yoursunny said:

@Abd said:

Where can I get information about your offers? I saw that webhorizon Singapore has been restocked and I would like to buy one again at a discount!

• Is Singapore fairly unstable as a hosting country? My VPS has gone down twice in the last 4 weeks. The other nodes I have, in other countries, I have had no issues with and have been running for a while now with good uptime. But this Singapore VPS seems quite unstable.

@Pathfinder_XRaY said:
    Is Singapore fairly unstable as a hosting country? My VPS has gone down twice in the last 4 weeks. The other nodes I have, in other countries, I have had no issues with and have been running for a while now with good uptime. But this Singapore VPS seems quite unstable.

Other providers in Singapore don't have such instability.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • @Pathfinder_XRaY said:
    Is Singapore fairly unstable as a hosting country? My VPS has gone down twice in the last 4 weeks. The other nodes I have, in other countries, I have had no issues with and have been running for a while now with good uptime. But this Singapore VPS seems quite unstable.

The rumor is that, the one that had alot of issues (oxh) go cheap & had so many abusers compunding over many problems that yet unsolved. This also include expensive bw cost in the region between the country cross connections, which might lead to old hardware not being quickly upgraded like in US or EU datacenters. It's not the DC fault, because DCs is triving in SG & countries capital city around it. The bw cost is the problem.

• I'm actually not hitting anywhere close to the allocated bw for this node, currently doing about half of it at the most per month, about ~200GB or roundabout, out of an allocation of 500GB, and not thrashing the hell out of what cpu time I have allocated either. But yes it probably is down to others causing problems and other costs.

I actually have no issue hosting on out of date tech. I used to get those occasional deals OVH used to offer on the kimsufi site, like a year for 60 euros on an Intel Atom N270 with 2GB ram and 80GB HD. Perfect for a LAMP setup and medium sized game server (or several smaller ones). Back when OVH probably cared a little more. Nowadays most of what they have is junk and falls over more than stays up.

• Lowering the price might not be a wise move either, risk of abuse would arise, unless can find a way to limit the flocking new clients & filter them. Price wise, the rent pricing were high, importing hardware might still cost alot.
    At cost higher might try vultr or DO than hoping on junk & faulty handling 🙂 just my to cent, don't take it to bank 😆

• So I apparently somehow violated the AUP, but they won't tell me how I violated the AUP. I did my due dilligence before getting the server and read both the ToS and AUP and have done nothing to violate it. Not to mention the fact they won't tell me how I have violated it.

Other companies would give you a list of violations. But this one seemingly does not.

I'm not willing to ask for it to be put online again until they tell me why it was suspended in the first place. Unless I know why, I can't avoid doing it in the future.

For anyone considering Webhorizon, be very careful. If you follow the AUP/ToS it seems you can still violate it somehow and not be told why.

edited January 2023

@Pathfinder_XRaY said:
    So I apparently somehow violated the AUP, but they won't tell me how I violated the AUP. I did my due dilligence before getting the server and read both the ToS and AUP and have done nothing to violate it. Not to mention the fact they won't tell me how I have violated it.

Other companies would give you a list of violations. But this one seemingly does not.

I'm not willing to ask for it to be put online again until they tell me why it was suspended in the first place. Unless I know why, I can't avoid doing it in the future.

For anyone considering Webhorizon, be very careful. If you follow the AUP/ToS it seems you can still violate it somehow and not be told why.

That's wrong, we don't suspend without reason. :)

Edit: TOR is not allowed on nat vps clearly mentioned in our AUP: https://webhorizon.in/WebHorizon---AUP.html

• edited January 2023

So you allow tor middle relays on other servers, just not NAT VPS?

I was running a middle relay, because your AUP above that says no Exit Nodes, which is fine because running a Guard or Exit node on 256mb is not going to happen. But a low bandwidth middle relay will run on that spec.

If you don't allow Tor at all, then you should change your AUP to reflect that, by changing Tor Exit nodes under "Prohibited Uses" to anything Tor Related.

@Pathfinder_XRaY said:

I was running a middle relay, because your AUP above that says no Exit Nodes, which is fine because running a Guard or Exit node on 256mb is not going to happen. But a low bandwidth middle relay will run on that spec.

We don't allow it on nat vps as the IP gets listed in tor metrics and China blocks all tor related IPs.

If you don't allow Tor at all, then you should change your AUP to reflect that, by changing Tor Exit nodes under "Prohibited Uses" to anything Tor Related.

It's allowed on dedicated IP services provided they abide with the rest of our policies

@Abd said:

@Pathfinder_XRaY said:

We don't allow it on nat vps as the IP gets listed in tor metrics and China blocks all tor related IPs.

Tor relay (including guard, middle, exit) shows up on metrics.
    Tor bridge and client won't get its IP listed on Tor metrics, so it's fine?

• I tried running a bridge on that node already, but it overloads too quickly. 256mb ram is just too little for a bridge, unless you run something other than MOAT. You ideally need 512mb minimum for bridges.

It's fine, I will find some other use for that node. I'll answer the ticket as well and remove the relay.

I guess I'm on the look out for a new lowendbox that doesn't mind running middle relays and is in an obscure location.

• Here we go again. Intermittent failures.