Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrPad's poor support and terrible service. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrPad's poor support and terrible service.

1235»

Comments

• lzplzp Member
    edited December 2013

@CVPS_Adam said:
    Can you please validate your post and show proof you are/were a client? Please PM me with a previous ticket ID, invoice ID, or email address registered on file with us. I will also work with you directly to resolve any outstanding problems.

Are you planning on finally refunding the payment, a year and a half later, for the joke of a VPS that I tried to use for less than half a day? That's the only resolution to the outstanding problem.

"2GB RAM" VPS that repeatedly nuked software that was using 50MB RAM; software that was running for nearly a year on a 128MB VPS using the same config.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited December 2013

@lzp said:
    "2GB RAM" VPS that repeatedly nuked software that was using 50MB RAM; software that was running for nearly a year on a 128MB VPS using the same config.

Hi Lzp,

I'm confident that you're comparing us to a host that still runs their host nodes off OpenVZ CentOS 5 which does not use vSwap but rather UBC.

As our host nodes run CentOS 6, vSwap is enabled on all containers. http://www.linuxatemyram.com/ should give you a better explanation and understanding. With swap, Linux is borrowing unused memory for disk caching. This makes it looks like you are low on memory, when in reality you are not.

For additional information on this matter, you can read the differences between UBC and vSwap at Daftdroid.

Thanks

• lzplzp Member
    edited December 2013

I'm confident that you're comparing us to a host ...

What are you even going on about?

• @Jack said:
    Burst RAM vs vSwap.

What does that have to do with anything?

• @CVPS_Adam You're totally wrong, you can run full Virtualmin on 64mb/32mb vSwap, and using only 20mb, but with 128mb dedi. ram, you can't even start installation.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

@DomainBop how long will you go on with this? Is there a way for Adam to post anything at all without you getting all emotional again? I am saying this because there's a big chance that people don't want to read the same stuff or be part of your targeted vendetta in every non related thread all the time.

• @Spirit said:
    DomainBop how long will you go on with this? Is there a way for Adam to post anything at all without you getting all emotional again? I am saying this because there's a big chance that people don't want to read the same stuff or be part of your targeted vendetta in every non related thread all the time.

Agreed. If you want to defend scammers like Adam that's fine. This is my last post here.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

Let's clarify two things.

First as first, I have the same right as you to post my own, personal opinion in thread, do you agree? I am LEB (and then LET) reader and participant also. Since 2008 if I remember correct.
    I actually liked your well argumented posts in times when you had something decent to say but since the day Chris said those rude things to you at LEB (it wasn't right, and I stated that - just like I am stating now that this what you're doing all the time isn't right) you went all mental about those issues. It's not important what thread is about, you will always find a way to bring same old crap into. And that's why I "poked" you - solely as reader.

And now second part, again speaking strictly as me - reader:

I am generally annoyed with what you and few other individuals are doing with Adam all the time. He's always polite, try to answer business related questions as best as possible and this is it. And in return he's getting personal related attacks evertyime he say something solely because he work for ChicagoVPS.

Let's talk about name change. If I remember correct Adam run relatively successfully company Hostlatch. Once he sold it he started to work for URpad under nickname Kevin. I can understand that, there could be plenty reason why people prefer to use "nickname" with new beginning and no one was particularly bothered with that. Not until he started to work for another company - ChicagoVPS. So how I see things, ChicagoVPS isn't even blamed for this, they just INHERITED him and he just continued to work under name community knew him. No harm done for anyone.

And to be things even more hypocritical the person who troll him the most is another ex URpad employee who knew all the time who's Kevin but wasn't bothered with that until his dispute with ChicagoVPS. And now I am defending a scamer? It's so easy to say some things on internet, isn't it? You should know this more than anyone. But how exactly he personally scamed you?

• LeeLee Veteran

Jut to add though, when this discussion about Kevdam was taking place a while ago on here, even CVPS_Chris was making claims on a thread on this site that he had seen the SSN and other documents in the name of Kevin Hillstrand.

So to say Chicagovps is not to blame for the Kevin alias is indeed true however they have purposefully maintained the lie and they themselves supported it publicly, so you then have to consider what other lies they are happy to convey in the same manner.

It's never that easy when it comes to CVPS.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

@W1V_Lee you're right and I don't even go into CVPS issues. My reponse was strictly Adam related. I feel sorry to see how everytime he made a post he's personally attacked regarding silly little thing from past which wouldn't be even important if he wouldn't start to work for "wrong" company, but in fact he never harmed or damaged anyone. He's called with worst names like he would kill someone or something. Is it really needed to bring out past as response to every post he make at forum to serve clients?

Leave Britney alone! ;-)

• @W1V_Lee @Spirit @DomainBop My respect to all of you.
    Good people like you makes LET a better place.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2013

@spirit - Normally I would agree, but you really need to look at his history of posts and comments, he brought the attention on himself and some of the comments he makes of others were worse that he recieves and he made those comments while living a lie under numerous aliases, he has at least 3 on here.

Anyway, back on topic. URPad, I reall liked them but they have really gone to shit, I would avoid them totally. They are incapable of employing the right or enough support staff, there is no way the claims of a dozen or more new staff are true. Well at least not answering tickets at URPad, maybe for their other brands.

As I have mentioned before, they load up the servers and wait for you the customer to tell them when something is wrong before doing anything. And even then it is like they turn a dial a notch, then ask is it better? No, ok so they turn the dial another notch, is it better? No, ok... and so on.

The customer should not be the trouble shooter, neither should the customer be the one telling the support staff what they should be looking at or what may be causing the issue.

• I really wanna help clearing this situation up

but it looks like i might need to dig up alot of information before being able to.

cant you guys just have a final conversation and deal with it for once and for all?

no random argues or sideways, just straight forward to the main points without random distractions?

things dont need to be complicated.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Spirit said: If I remember correct Adam run relatively successfully company Hostlatch. Once he sold it he started to work for URpad under nickname Kevin. I can understand that, there could be plenty reason why people prefer to use "nickname" with new beginning and no one was particularly bothered with that. Not until he started to work for another company - ChicagoVPS.

I can not believe.
    Kevin is Adam?
    "Kevin" was the guy who was in the K-DISK NET (NOT URPAD). K-disk changed to Urpad when "Kevin" was already in ChicagoVPS.
    Kevin Hillstrand - Temporarily Suspended in WHT.
    Direct link (begin of my problems in the future):
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?s=f43575a1bd0c72d79a071c5a643db1fb&p=8292436&postcount=22

I have to be honest here (as I am all days). I know "Kevin" as a support guy that worked in K-disk and after that he went to Chicago.
    In my experience, he was the best "thing" inside K-Disk. His support was good. He was polite. After he went to Chicago the K-Disk's support went to a guy who did not know how to move a server or email data. I think this is the basic in this niche.

I have nothing agains Kevin or Adam.
    But I do not know what he did in WHT to lose his nickname.

The big doubt I have (and maybe you could explain it to me), WHY in WHT Chris and Kevin are not MEMBERS anymore and here they are:

FTN-Chris - Disabled

Maybe they did only there something that is not allowed.

Chris: refund me and send my last backup data.

Kevin/Adam: good luck in your new company.

• DomainBop said: Agreed. If you want to defend scammers like Adam that's fine. This is my last post here.

I honestly don't think anybody is trying to defend his actions. I think Spirit's goal was to point out that it is a) allowed for someone to use an alias on the internet, and b) that we've all heard this story before and there's no real value in digging this up all the time.

Yes, CVPS lied about the alias. Yes, it was uncovered by a community member. But should we keep "punishing" him for it? I mean, it was clearly a mistake by CVPS to lie about it and try to keep it covered. People make mistakes. I make mistakes. I don't think we should hold people infinitely accountable for this and keep digging it up.

Also: I'm sorry this was your last post here. Even though I may not always agree with you, I really valued your contributions and your different view on things. You're always welcome back!

• mpkossen said: But should we keep "punishing" him for it?

No he will just punish everyone else by posting random crap on their topics.. honestly I don't care about this CVPS crap my topic has been derailed massively by this and the DVD stuff, I don't mind if you keep going though :P

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Why does me going along with his alias have to be seen as a bad thing? Who cares if someone doesnt want to be known all over the internet. Look at all the personal information that has been posted about myself and my family over the years. Hell, if I could I would go back in time and use an alias myself because the jealous types out there cant keep it in their pants.

I see nothing wrong with Adam working under Kevin. Like @Spirit said, I inherited Kevin, I did not invent him. The community knew Adam as Kevin and I was ok with that and thought it was fine for him to want to be anonymous.

Back on topic. I feel bad for the customers over at URPad. If only Chris was smart enough to sell to the right company non of this would have happened.

• CVPS_Chris said: I see nothing wrong with Adam working under Kevin. Like @Spirit said, I inherited Kevin, I did not invent him. The community knew Adam as Kevin and I was ok with that and thought it was fine for him to want to be anonymous.

This, exactly. I mean, hell, I use a pseudonym for various things. Granted, it was born out of a desire to sell product on WHT, but that kind of died off due to, well, for lack of a better word technological incompetence (ReactOS on QEMU within OpenVZ... although in hindsight knowing you can pass the KVM device node to an OpenVZ container... tales for another day). I don't see people complaining about my use of a pseudonym (and no, I'm not talking about 'rallias').

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Sorry to hear this, but, maybe the node you're in is having an abuser, or maybe overloaded.

Normally with LEB prices is only one way to be in profit is overselling the resources and this is not surprising me!