Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrPad's poor support and terrible service. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrPad's poor support and terrible service.

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@BrianHarrison said:
    Bingo! Providing quality service in an OpenVZ environment does take a lot of monitoring and management to ensure TOS violators are promptly booted.

They (RLT) seem oddly absent from LET.

• @jbiloh said:

I wonder if they are hanging out with Chris Fabozzi and Thomas Dale ;)

• @jbiloh said:

Oddly absent from everywhere. RBurns hasn't posted on WHT in a month.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited December 2013

duckeeyuck said: I sure hope you won't be charging per ticket.

Ha, funny. We are aiming to offer 7 hour guarantee support ticket response time. We will not be offering phone support. Every support request will direct to our cell phones, which we will be able to answer even on our off-hours.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They don't care, they don't think the rock bottom prices are worth any trouble so instead they leave you with sub standard 1st line support only and with no priority.

My guess, they want you to leave so they can concentrate on more profitable customers.

This is not an attack on URPad/ RLT but honestly what other conclusion could you draw based on all this?

@DomainBop said:

Seems Miller is no longer with the company according to social media.

• @jbiloh You are wrong.

@Jeffrey said:
    jbiloh You are wrong.

Are you a rlt employee?

• He is still with RLT according to LinkedIn

@vRozenSch00n said:
    He is still with RLT according to LinkedIn

Apparently his Facebook says he left root level on the 20th.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @jbiloh which social media, unless you made it up, would you show us your source?

@MorningIris said:
    jbiloh which social media, unless you made it up, would you show us your source?

Facebook as I said earlier.

• It looks like RLT is expanding to "the cloud" http://vitalvps.com/

RLT corporate site says "DDoS protected, Solid State Drives, Cloud Based". The domain was registered in September.

The logo cost them $299. :P

• Another host in my ignore list.

Not Found

The requested URL /VPanel was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.25 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.25 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at vitalvps.com Port 80

Thanked by 1DragonDF

@DomainBop said:
    It looks like RLT is expanding to "the cloud" http://vitalvps.com/

RLT corporate site says "DDoS protected, Solid State Drives, Cloud Based". The domain was registered in September.

Do you like their logo?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    They don't care, they don't think the rock bottom prices are worth any trouble so instead they leave you with sub standard 1st line support only and with no priority.

Yea well for others maybe but I've pumped over $1,000* into this company...

*estimate might be off by a few hundred.. Never really kept count.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ATHK

Yeah but as much as I hate this phrase: no point in flogging a dead horse.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • DragonDFDragonDF Member
    edited December 2013

@DomainBop said:
    It looks like RLT is expanding to "the cloud" http://vitalvps.com/

>

@wlanboy said:
    Another host in my ignore list.

Same here.

UPAD, Root Level, K-Disk, FTN +... + vitalvps

I think they will not see the $299 back to their pockets.

• @jbiloh said:
    Do you like their logo?

I see it and think: vital signs...life support...flatline. I think they're trying to convey the message that their service is vital to your business/life but they missed the mark with that logo.

I'm surprised that they're developing their (presumably) higher priced "cloud" offering in house rather than buying an existing provider.

@DomainBop said:
    I see it and think: vital signs...life support...flatline. I think they're trying to convey the message that their service is vital to your business/life but they missed the mark with that logo.

I'm surprised that they're developing their (presumably) higher priced "cloud" offering in house rather than buying an existing provider.

It seems really pixelated too, hurts my eyes to look at it, especially against the blue background.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2013

Here is a URPad offer i got by email:

URPad.net introduces the perfect winter SSD VPS for you!
    25GB RAID10 SSD
    1.5GB RAM
    1000GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port Speed
    (2Gbps DDoS protection LA only)
    1 IPv4 Address
    15 IPv6 (LA Only)
    Instant Setup
    SolusVM/OpenVZ
    $ 4.99/month
    $ 49/ year

http://urpad.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=659977b8719d473a86fe7b19c&id=7788b4a6e3&e=f59c9078b6

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited December 2013

I would advise not to take that deal...

They have moved me to a new "node" the performance is great for now until tey fill it with cock head spammers and abusers....

• OP's post is the reason I stopped using my URPAD VPS the day after I got it. The mistake I made was getting one of their 1 year deals. The VPS wasn't usable and it just sat there doing nothing for a year. Looking back, I should have used it for trolling people on IRC or something, because they essentially "stole" my money in the same way ChicagoVPS steals the money from their clients (giving you a 2GB VPS that won't run configs that are fine on 128MB VPSs from proper hosts).

• @lzp said:
    because they essentially "stole" my money in the same way ChicagoVPS steals the money from their clients (giving you a 2GB VPS that won't run configs that are fine on 128MB VPSs from proper hosts).

Hi Lzp,

I apologize that you did not have a positive experience with ChicagoVPS. However you are ill-informed, I can assure you that we do not operate in this manner. Every client can use the RAM that they are guaranteed.

Can you please validate your post and show proof you are/were a client? Please PM me with a previous ticket ID, invoice ID, or email address registered on file with us. I will also work with you directly to resolve any outstanding problems.

I appreciate your time.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@CVPS_Adam said:
    Can you please validate your post and show proof you are/were a client?

It's ironic that you're posting in your former employer's post Adam since Urpad is the place where you first invented your fake Kevin Hillstrand persona (you know, the one where you even went to the trouble of creating fake Facebook and LinkedIn profiles for your fake identity and repeatedly lied on both LET and WHT about being from NYC)

Why should anyone be required to show you proof of anything when you have lied repeatedly to the LET community (not to mention also lying to the commmunity on WebHostingTalk, where you are now banned, about your identity.

Thanked by 2DragonDF Jeffrey
  • CVPS_Adam said: Every client can use the RAM that they are guaranteed

Not at the same time surely?

• @Virtovo said:
    Not at the same time surely?

Definitely not at the same time when they're overselling 200GB-250GB of RAM on a 32GB E3.

• @painfreepc said:
    Here is a URPad offer i got by email:

URPad.net introduces the perfect winter SSD VPS for you!
    25GB RAID10 SSD
    1.5GB RAM
    1000GB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port Speed
    (2Gbps DDoS protection LA only)
    1 IPv4 Address
    15 IPv6 (LA Only)
    Instant Setup
    SolusVM/OpenVZ
    $ 4.99/month
    $ 49/ year

I CAN NOT believe.

After ALL problems I had with URPAD (Root Level, K-Disk, etc) I have received this kind of SPAM from time to time. No refund (6 months) + no backup data (after the 24h in that Sunday).

And as I wrote before, if you are smart you will not take this deal after ALL BAD REVIEWS you can read here and in WHT.

You can find better offers here or in LEB.

• @Zen said:
    That's hilarious regards the logo, its like they picked the worst submission and went with it :S

Taste is the same as nose. Each person has his own.