Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM goes 10Gbit! Slabs are back in stock in Luxembourg! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM goes 10Gbit! Slabs are back in stock in Luxembourg!

Comments

• @Francisco said:
    No.

The delay is to hopefully prevent chargebacks.

Francisco

How about if I pay with crypto? Can't charge back(easily).

• @Francisco said: prevent chargebacks.

What about crypto tho?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Setsura said: How about if I pay with crypto? Can't charge back(easily).

Premier allows someone to pay w/o fraud checks.

You'd then have someone pay a small fee in crypto, then run stolen CC's/paypal all day on larger stuff.

It'll happen, we've seen it before.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Premier allows someone to pay w/o fraud checks.

You'd then have someone pay a small fee in crypto, then run stolen CC's/paypal all day on larger stuff.

It'll happen, we've seen it before.

Francisco

I'm not interested in premier or other payment methods or auto provision, just the better network port. You seem to have implied they're separate things: Fear not crypto & alipay users! Even if you aren't premier, your services will automatically upgrade to 10Gbit after being active for 90 days.

@Setsura said: I'm not interested in premier or other payment methods or auto provision, just the better network port. You seem to have implied they're separate things:

Crypto, Alipay, & 'new users' get it after 90 days. Premier get it right away.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Setsura
  • afnafn Member
    edited October 2022

Can't you just play by the rules like every one else instead of thinking the stars should align for you to pave you a shortcut?

Pay crypto: wait 90 days, you have been a good customer, non-abuser for 90 days, you seem legit. You get a port upgrade.

You are new, not a trusted client yet, You pay crypto today, you get 10gbps port for 3.5$ You DDOS a website. Congrats you have nastied buyVM's ASN repuation.

The point of waiting is to gain trust as abusers may reveal themselves early enough before giving them such a powerful cheap weapon. With premier idea is to reward loyal customers with 10gbps bump, if you are new where exactly is your loyalty that deserves rewarding?

Thanked by 2skorous maverickp

@afn said: The point of waiting is to gain trust as abusers may reveal themselves early enough before giving them such a powerful cheap weapon.

Yep.

I can bump some people here/there on a per VM basis, but i'm going to limit the amount of premier bumps I give. I've given way too many over the years to the same repeat users.

Francisco

• Now I got 10Gbps on all of mine B)
    Thank you!!

• @afn said:
    Can't you just play by the rules like every one else instead of thinking the stars should align for you to pave you a shortcut?

Pay crypto: wait 90 days, you have been a good customer, non-abuser for 90 days, you seem legit. You get a port upgrade.

You are new, not a trusted client yet, You pay crypto today, you get 10gbps port for 3.5$ You DDOS a website. Congrats you have nastied buyVM's ASN repuation.

The point of waiting is to gain trust as abusers may reveal themselves early enough before giving them such a powerful cheap weapon. With premier idea is to reward loyal customers with 10gbps bump, if you are new where exactly is your loyalty that deserves rewarding?

You should mind your own business, I did not ask or address you. I'm asking for the benefit of others. I already have a premier account myself.

• Are the slabs HDD or SSD?

• @tommmy said: Are the slabs HDD or SSD?

They are HDD with ssd/nvme cache.

Thanked by 2tommmy Francisco
  • afnafn Member
    edited October 2022

You should mind your own business, I did not ask or address you. I'm asking for the benefit of others. I already have a premier account myself.

I mean initially, I was gonna just not comment but then I realized:
    I should mind my own business, true, you're right but then:
    You should mind your own business (right back at you!) .
    So, let others ask for themselves then :smile:

Perhaps you should apply your own instructions before giving them to others? :trollface:

Thanked by 3FatGrizzly skorous bdl
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2022

@Francisco said:

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    I have been an active client from 03/24/2022 to 08/31/2022. Then I canceled the vps.

If I order a new vps later, what will be my account status?

And where do I check the account status?

It would be set to normal then.

Premier status is our way of rewarding loyalty. If you signup one month, cancel the next, then return a year later, that isn’t loyalty really.

I’ll hopefully find more perks to give. If people have ideas, let me know!

Francisco

Client since 2019 <3 but still not a premier status </3

EDIT:
    Realized I've been paying through crypto :( so no premier status for me :'(

EDIT 2:
    Just have a reseller & a Slice+Slab for some "e-learning linux ISOs" which I have capped the upload speed at 256Kb/s :p

Don't wanna be a noisey neighbour anyways :D

• Only available for new orders?
    I do have a VPS for over 3 years, but It's still at 1Gbit.

@Sven said:
    Only available for new orders?

All I can think is you have some mega legacy stuff or maybe an anynode plan?

Francisco

• @Francisco said: If you were a prior client then you can ticket and ask Karen. She should let you signup.

I didn't got any answer in the ticket: #714538 - Problem with payments .

I'm Still waiting...

• @Francisco said: All I can think is you have some mega legacy stuff or maybe an anynode plan?

Francisco

I do have a "Luxembourg - AMD RYZEN KVM - LU RYZEN KVM 1GB" plan.

@Sven said: I do have a "Luxembourg - AMD RYZEN KVM - LU RYZEN KVM 1GB" plan.

The only way you're not 10G at this point is if the service was ordered in the last 89 days.

I didn't bother scripting a check looking for "premier people that ordered in the last 89 days". You're welcome to ticket and we can sort it.

If the service is 3 years old though, it'd most def be bumped.

Francisco

• SvenSven Member
    edited October 2022

@Francisco said: The only way you're not 10G at this point is if the service was ordered in the last 89 days.

I didn't bother scripting a check looking for "premier people that ordered in the last 89 days". You're welcome to ticket and we can sort it.

Francisco

Ticket: #779260

Registration Date
    05/01/2019

:)

EDIT:

For some reasons, it's working now.

I just tested the speed this morning, and it was definitely capped at 1Gbit.

• @Francisco said:

@Sven said:
    Only available for new orders?

All I can think is you have some mega legacy stuff or maybe an anynode plan?

Francisco

I take it the anynode migrated do not qualify for 10g?

I take it the anynode migrated do not qualify for 10g?

They do, the hardware isn't there though.

Francisco

Thanked by 2jugganuts atomi
  • ReikiReiki Member
    edited October 2022

I was looking for an VPS that acts as cache server for my streaming files, lets see if BuyVM can rock hard and solid. Currently testing an $30 VPS.

• @Francisco said:

@Sven said: I do have a "Luxembourg - AMD RYZEN KVM - LU RYZEN KVM 1GB" plan.

The only way you're not 10G at this point is if the service was ordered in the last 89 days.

Francisco

Do they need to reboot to get the change?

@TimboJones said: Do they need to reboot to get the change?

You really shouldn't need to, almost everyone has been fine with it happening live, but who knows, libvirt can be quirky at times.

Francisco

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco Will there be any plan to release the 10G monster on the 3900x nodes?
    Or is it due to needing the newer core OS that this is not possible?

edited October 2022

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @Francisco Will there be any plan to release the 10G monster on the 3900x nodes?
    Or is it due to needing the newer core OS that this is not possible?

Everyone, 3900x users included, have been moved up to 10Gbit if they qualify :)

Except anynode users of course.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • ReikiReiki Member
    edited October 2022

@Francisco

hey mate your network in luxemburg rocks, ZERO lag at currently 800 Mbit/s output.

Also i think only cogent and HE is good enough.

Im going to get an ddos protected ip and then i be fine.

• LV RYZEN KVM 4GB are selling like hot cakes :|

I was about to purchase but after reload it's gone.

• @Roldan said:
    LV RYZEN KVM 4GB are selling like hot cakes :|

I was about to purchase but after reload it's gone.

I thought it was LUX only with the Ryzen.

edited October 2022

@ralf said: I thought it was LUX only with the Ryzen.

Every location is ryzen. LUX is the only 5900x's for the immediate. NY has a few nodes racked, prepping, and MIA is getting some nodes next week that i'll be personally installing.

LV is lacking 5900x's, but it'll also be the first location we do a full '3900x->5900x' upgrade in the new year.

Francisco