Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM goes 10Gbit! Slabs are back in stock in Luxembourg! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM goes 10Gbit! Slabs are back in stock in Luxembourg!

Comments

• @entrailz said:

@snow2k said:
    @Francisco
    When ist Slice512 back in stock in Luxembourg?

512mb are not being restocked

But why are they then advertised on the main page?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@snow2k said: But why are they then advertised on the main page?

Because I haven't updated the site in who knows how long.

It still lists E3's as our CPU, and doesn't mention Miami at all.

Francisco

Thanked by 1snow2k
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Looking forward to my orders being provisioned on new hardware I hope 🤞

• @Francisco only LU has 5900x currently? when will the LV have 5900x? thanks :p

• @Weblogics said:
    @Francisco

Can the slices be upgraded? Meaning purchase a 2 GB slice now, then have it upgraded to a bigger slice ie: 4 or 8 GB in the future?

No.

Teoretically, yes.

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited October 2022

VPS with Ryzen 5900x or 5950x CPU in the US is pretty niche (for now) from what I have searched. If BuyVM upgrades the CPU in their US locations, they will be the go-to provider for such a powerful VPS in the US.

edited October 2022

@hotsnow said:
    @Francisco only LU has 5900x currently? when will the LV have 5900x? thanks :p

Earliest would be next year.

A mass upgrade is possible, would just take time to source processors.

Francisco

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • does premier account status gets removed if user does not have active services for more than 6 months? I had earlier this premier status.

• Hi @Francisco . I'm from argentina, I was a client 2 years ago (actived account) The last month I try to get a new server and one operator cancelled the option to buy with PayPal or cc. What can I do?

• @Francisco said: I wouldn't ever charge, i'm not AMEX.

I will admit. I love the added on service and bonuses from AMEX. Their added value is just so nice and their GBT services is 10/10.

Of course they take a small percentage of every trip I take but ehh... It's nice.

• How long does it take for VM to provision? Got one in LU yesterday and still hasn't been done yet

@JasonM said:
    does premier account status gets removed if user does not have active services for more than 6 months? I had earlier this premier status.

You lose it the following morning of you not having any active services.

@miguelzabala said: Hi @Francisco . I'm from argentina, I was a client 2 years ago (actived account) The last month I try to get a new server and one operator cancelled the option to buy with PayPal or cc. What can I do?

If you were a prior client then you can ticket and ask Karen. She should let you signup.

@Astro said: How long does it take for VM to provision? Got one in LU yesterday and still hasn't been done yet

It'll be morning since it' s a manual order.

Francisco

• @Francisco GIVE ME A CHANCE TO BE A PREMIERE MEMBER

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited October 2022

Ordered a new slice.
    Got 10Gbps port and 5900x.

Now looking forward to BuyVM APAC, hopefully :)

Thanked by 1perspective
  • 10gbps & 5900x for new user also?

• @sitepape said:
    10gbps & 5900x for new user also?

Fucking christ, let me know if you need the text bigger

We're happy to announce that burstable 10Gbit is now available on all new provisions for Premierusers!

Thanked by 1bluehairminerboy
  • @Francisco said: A chunk of the cpu performance difference is the kernels we run on the 3900x nodes. We still run 4.19 there which is missing a lot of perks.

Just wonder: what kernel version do you use for production VM on host with Ryzen's?
    5.4 or 5.17?

• indiankeshindiankesh Member
    edited October 2022

Do you provide migration service if coming from another host using directadmin server ?

• Does a core mean a dedicated core?

• @rchurch said:
    Does a core mean a dedicated core?

I believe the $15 (4 GB RAM) VPS is a dedicated core and for the lower plans it's 25% per 1 GB RAM.

@SashkaPro said:

@Francisco said: A chunk of the cpu performance difference is the kernels we run on the 3900x nodes. We still run 4.19 there which is missing a lot of perks.

Just wonder: what kernel version do you use for production VM on host with Ryzen's?
    5.4 or 5.17?

Hah I wish. 4.19 for almost all of them. We have some now on 5.19, but that’s only a couple dozen company wide. We’ve been able to leave our nodes bursting now where as before we had to turn bursting off on most.

We are also on qemu 3.1 for all of those so we’ve missed out on all the improvements over the years.

Francisco

Thanked by 1SashkaPro
  • @MrLime said:

@rchurch said:
    Does a core mean a dedicated core?

I believe the $15 (4 GB RAM) VPS is a dedicated core and for the lower plans it's 25% per 1 GB RAM.

On the current ordering page , not buyvm.net, the specs clearly state 1 core @3.9GHz and goes higher as you add more RAM. They don't mention shared cores.

Francisco says the buyvm.net page has not been updated in a long time. That is why I wonder. If they are shared then the ordering panel should say so.

@rchurch said: On the current ordering page , not buyvm.net, the specs clearly state 1 core @3.9GHz and goes higher as you add more RAM. They don't mention shared cores.

Francisco says the buyvm.net page has not been updated in a long time. That is why I wonder. If they are shared then the ordering panel should say so.

You get a dedicated threads at 4GB+.

That part hasn't changed, nor has the shared cores at smaller ones. All thats changed is the clock speed and the CPU model :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@hotsnow said:
    @Francisco May I ask where can check the account status? I'm an active client since 2010, but seems no any hints on the https://my.frantech.ca/clientarea.php

thanks.

You have to be paying with Paypal or CC to get Premier status.

The main perk of Premier is that you can pay with any method you want w/o fraud checks.
    Most Alipay users don't want to give their real details out of privacy fears. Putting these together would likely get us a lot of chargebacks.

If you PM me your email I can promote your account manually, but you must keep a service active to keep the status. There is no 'permanent premier'.

Francisco

@Francisco Hello sir, could you please help check the message, I have PMed you on yesterday but got no response, thank you :p

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited October 2022

It seems there is a huge demand for 10Gbit. Well played sir.

• Finally got my VM! I guess I I have to wait 6 months for that 10 gig goodness

• @Astro said:
    Finally got my VM! I guess I I have to wait 6 months for that 10 gig goodness

90 days is around 3 months.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

@Astro said:
    Finally got my VM! I guess I I have to wait 6 months for that 10 gig goodness

90 days is around 3 months.

@Francisco can I prepay for 6 months and be bumped?

@Francisco can I prepay for 6 months and be bumped?

No.

The delay is to hopefully prevent chargebacks.

Francisco

10Gbit ports have been configured for all qualifying services!

Enjoy friends!

Francisco