Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Pre-Black Friday 2022 Email Hosting Offer - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Pre-Black Friday 2022 Email Hosting Offer

Comments

• @machinetto said:
    Could you offer a smaller plan for people with basic usage. Something along $10/year lines?

There are MXRoute resellers that offer smaller plans too.

Thanked by 2mikewazar machinetto
  • @supertech79 said:
    I was going to wait for the $10/year offer, but the extra 60 cents a month won't kill me :wink:

You should spend the rest of the money on a calculator.

• https://onepoundemail.co.uk/

I believe they use MXRoute

• @mikewazar said:
    https://onepoundemail.co.uk/

I believe they use MXRoute

Yeah. If memory serves there's at least one or two LET members who resell it too.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Finally getting OVH's BYOIP set up. I can't describe how happy I'll be to stop getting tickets telling me that OVH IPs on inbound servers are listed at UCEPROTECT L3 (I know they are, I actively don't care because I know it means nothing lol).

• great news @jar

• @ralf said:

@supertech79 said:
    I was going to wait for the $10/year offer, but the extra 60 cents a month won't kill me :wink:

You should spend the rest of the money on a calculator.

Yeah, I made a mistake, it's 98 cents extra per month. $65/36 months = $1.81 per month - $0.83 per month ($10/year), assuming of course that $10 deal is even offered next month.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • In for 3. Need to replace my free send-in-blue and zoho accounts

• Maybe a naive question but if I use mxroute, Do I still need to use sendgrid or similar service providers?

• kendidkendid Veteran
    edited October 2022

I've switched over one of my domains from gafyd (google) to mxroute a few months ago. Don't regret it one bit. It's an excellent product and well managed!

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@uzaysan said: Maybe a naive question but if I use mxroute, Do I still need to use sendgrid or similar service providers?

>

That depends ... what are you using sendgrid spamgrid for now? Marketing emails? If so, no go away as MXroute does not support using their network for spam (aka Marketing emails), but if you are using it for transactional emails, MXroute would be a wonderful replacement for them.

Thanked by 2uzaysan pepa65
  • I'd like to use mxroute for my few personal mails.
    But something like smtp2go.com is sufficient for my use case (free with 1000 mails/month) and EU based.

Although I would really like giving @jar a try once, however it's hard to compete with free packages in general...
    Maybe some low budget super duper transactional-mail only lifetime deal this bf?🙃

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Pilzbaum said:
    I'd like to use mxroute for my few personal mails.
    But something like smtp2go.com is sufficient for my use case (free with 1000 mails/month) and EU based.

Although I would really like giving @jar a try once, however it's hard to compete with free packages in general...
    Maybe some low budget super duper transactional-mail only lifetime deal this bf?🙃

You're already using free solution that works. Just buy him a coffee if you want to.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • @TimboJones said: You're already using free solution that works

Obviously that's true and currently I am very happy with it.
    However, I see it the way that such a free solution could always be terminated or further limited in functionality by the provider, and imho such event is more likely to happen for free services than it is for a paid services. Even if's only about a cup of coffee. ;)
    Additionally, free services are often tighter limited in some way (e.g SMTP2Go allows only up to 5 sending domains, which currently is no problem at all for my single sending domain, or the 1000 mails/month cap I mentioned earlier).

Personally, I would feel more comfortable to pay at least something to my provider for such rather critical component of my infrastructure (high mail deliverability in that case). The same way I myself wouldn't use Oracle Free Tier or similar services for my productive infrastructure

Thanked by 2TimRoo pepa65
  • @jar said:

@seenu said:
    any plans of offering lifetime deal of above?

If the lifetime plans continue into a more prosperous future where storage to dollar ratios start to scale as quickly as they have in the past it may be true that it adjusts to compensate. More likely though if, right now, I were to offer a larger lifetime package I would probably price it at what I would want someone to pay for 25 years of service on it.

The limitations of disk space per server with the current method of email storage, and the recurring nature of it's overhead to provide, it has to either be small empty corners of servers (can be imbalanced on a per server basis as long as the whole levels out), or it has to be a solid bet on the future.

A very reasonable policy. MXroute lifetimes are one of the few lifetimes that I consider to be really long-term sustainable.

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • After thinking about it for a couple days, I made the splurge and signed up. I was pretty anxious as I've never had to swap email providers before.

Huge shoutout to @jar for https://mxroutedocs.com/. The docs made transferring so simple and straight forward. I figured it would take a couple hours / a day for DNS to propagate and to get everything setup, but I was sending and receiving mail on 3 domains within an hour. AWESOME!!

Following the advice/instructions posted here for imapsync I was easily able to transfer my mail over, never used it before but it worked right away with no issues. Docker made it easy.

I was a bit worried about the server being in the EU while I'm in the US - but mail is coming into my Thunderbird client significantly faster than it did with my old host (Located in LA).

For the first day of having the service, I'm extremely impressed.

Thanked by 2jar scooke
  • Thanks for the offer. Bought it yesterday. How are backups handled? I guess we need to make our own emailbackups in case of a server crash?

@TK93 said:
    Thanks for the offer. Bought it yesterday. How are backups handled? I guess we need to make our own emailbackups in case of a server crash?

I take backups daily for disaster recovery. You might take additional backups for smaller needs. I really like this: https://www.mailbackupx.com/

Thanked by 1TK93

Still have some more of these to move

• Hey jar, quick questions;
    1) Is this a 1 man operation? What is continuity plan?
    2) Since you use Dovecot, do you offer application passwords/2nd passwords for accounts? Could you enable this?
    3) Will probably get 2 or 3yr upfront, would it be possible to change server to USA in the future?

Thanks.

@Sailwayward said:
    Hey jar, quick questions;
    1) Is this a 1 man operation? What is continuity plan?
    2) Since you use Dovecot, do you offer application passwords/2nd passwords for accounts? Could you enable this?
    3) Will probably get 2 or 3yr upfront, would it be possible to change server to USA in the future?

Thanks.

I can take those:

1. I have help and 3 people to lean on to carry it forward. If I die tomorrow, the wife knows what actions to take.

2. Negative.

3. I won't promise a location because that doesn't give me the flexibility to take the business where it needs to go when circumstances change. Email is low bandwidth anyway.

Thanked by 2user123 pepa65
  • @jar said:
    1. I have help and 3 people to lean on to carry it forward. If I die tomorrow, the wife knows what actions to take.

Move the boyfriend in?

Thanked by 2jar TimboJones

@user123 said:

@jar said:

Move the boyfriend in?

If @alento wants to move in I can make that couch pretty comfy

• billyriantonobillyriantono Member, Host Rep

want to buy but said now unavailable :(

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • Hey Jar,

I have my own directadmin server and I wanna use mxroute for sending only but have the inbox emails come to my server. Can I use mxroute as a smtp-relay for my directadmin server emails? At the moment I send about 800 to 1500 emails a day

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited November 2022

@stephfd21 said:
    Hey Jar,

I have my own directadmin server and I wanna use mxroute for sending only but have the inbox emails come to my server. Can I use mxroute as a smtp-relay for my directadmin server emails? At the moment I send about 800 to 1500 emails a day

You can do this as long as you follow the limit of 300 outgoing emails per hour.
    Edit: And as long as you're not sending marketing emails. Transactional is fine.

Thanked by 1JeDaYoshi
  • @Erisa said:

@stephfd21 said:
    Hey Jar,

You can do this as long as you follow the limit of 300 outgoing emails per hour.
    Edit: And as long as you're not sending marketing emails. Transactional is fine.

Yea I def send way less than 300 an hour. How do I go about setting it up? Is there a guide?

• @stephfd21 said:

@Erisa said:

@stephfd21 said:
    Hey Jar,

Yea I def send way less than 300 an hour. How do I go about setting it up? Is there a guide?

Here you go ;) https://www.mail.baby/tips/direct-admin/

• "Black Friday 2022 - Pre-Black Friday 2022 plan is currently unavailable"

• @gbzret4d said: "Black Friday 2022 - Pre-Black Friday 2022 plan is currently unavailable"

jar (and myself) say: Thank you for free bump of this topic.

Thanked by 1jar