Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PulsedMedia +35% price increase - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PulsedMedia +35% price increase

12346»

Comments

• @_cece said:

@pan21 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

• 20€ current price, +25%, final price from 15€: 25.00€

Obviously means FROM 20€ + 25% = 25€
    Like on the other lines.

I am sure you can find more typos on that mailing, or perhaps grammar errors :)

A new drinking game, how many typos or grammar errors can you find from it?

I like the service, but got confused with new bill

my previous bill:
    M10G S - 3-172barbera.pulsedmedia.com (27.05.2022 - 26.11.2022) 53.93€
    Promotional Code: 2021bflet-flash-m10gs-6mo - 55.50% Recurring Discount -29.93€
    Total 24.00€

my new bill:
    M10G S - 3-172barbera.pulsedmedia.com (27.11.2022 - 26.05.2023) 136.58€
    Promotional Code: 2021bflet-flash-m10gs-6mo - 55.50% Recurring Discount -75.80€
    Total 60.78€

I contacted your billing department and requested help with calculation but got a one-line reply "Price is calculated on monthly price."

If I understand correctly, based on monthly price,
    the original monthly price is (53.93 / 6) = 8.99€
    the new monthly price (include 35% increase) is 8.99 * (1+35%) = 12.14€
    the new 6-month price is 8.99 * (1+35%) * 6 = 72.82€
    the new 6-month price with promo code is (8.99 * (1+35%) * 6) * (1-55.5%) = 32.4€

Can you please help me check my calculation?

+3,50€ per month for any service below 5.50€ per month.

my new bill:
    M10G S - 3-172barbera.pulsedmedia.com (27.11.2022 - 26.05.2023) 136.58€
    Promotional Code: 2021bflet-flash-m10gs-6mo - 55.50% Recurring Discount -75.80€
    Total 60.78€

original monthly price without promo code is 136.58 / 6 = 22.76€
    monthly price with promo code is 60.78 / 6 = 10.13€

great than (3.5 + 5.5) = 9€

this is proof that my new bill doesn't include

+3,50€ per month for any service below 5.50€ per month.

it's likely a bug in PM calculator

• @PulsedMedia just got another reply from your billing department

or perhaps 0€?
    how about -100€?

Best Regards,
    Aleksi U
    Pulsed Media

seriously? I'm just asking for help in bill calculation, not begging for something
    i don''t get it, is that the way to treat customer?
    to be fair, I was happy with PM service and understand the difficulty why an increase is required, however, i just confused with bill calculation and ask for help, but what happened?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

It is calculated correctly from the discounted rate.

( ((24 / 6) + 3.5) * 1.35) * 6

Used () to illustrate the order.

We are not going to give you any further discount. If you are unsatisfied with the price you got, you can always purchase a new seedbox at list pricing.

I have to give it to you, that deal was insane -- very nice catch, well below cost to begin with. Only 4€ per month 2TB RAID5 10G service (mid tier).

We must've been out of our minds when making that special :)

We have made very good progress on getting power consumption under control :)
    Today if all goes well we are installing over 200 new drives (if not, then no later than next week finishing these installs). http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=570

Today we are calculating - parenthesis for 1 week change and from first announcement:
    9.85W/user (-1,24W, -3,52W)
    3.02W/TiB (+0.03W, -0.37W)
    3.02W/TiB allocated (-0.39W)

We have vastly increased the performance at the same time too, for all those who have been migrated to the new configs.

We also have a clear path to reduce this by another 25-30%, while increasing performance.

Here is a preview BF sample of 5 seedboxes what we have made for the absolute new entry level (these are mostly the slowest, lowest spec we made now. Both new M10G and Dragon-R all have EPYC / Ryzen CPUs guaranteed, and faster drive setup too):

• pan21pan21 Member
    edited November 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

It is calculated correctly from the discounted rate.

( ((24 / 6) + 3.5) * 1.35) * 6

Used () to illustrate the order.

We are not going to give you any further discount. If you are unsatisfied with the price you got, you can always purchase a new seedbox at list pricing.

I have to give it to you, that deal was insane -- very nice catch, well below cost to begin with. Only 4€ per month 2TB RAID5 10G service (mid tier).

We must've been out of our minds when making that special :)

it was flash deal, yes, a great deal
    a little late, but thanks for the explanation, as I replied in the ticket, if the formula was mentioned in the announcement, it won't cause this confusion

the problem is

Therefore the pricing increases will be linearly adjusted based on service price 35-15% on 10-30€ services -- lower percentages on higher cost service, but also another 3.5€ for all sub 5.50€ accounts which are the most sensitive to OpEx changes.

this sound like the 3.5 euro will be added when a monthly price after the increase is under 5.5 euro, otherwise it should be

another (3.5 * 1.35) = 4.73€ for all sub (5.5 * 1.35) = 7.43€ accounts

I was confused because my new monthly price 10.13 is greater than (3.5 + 5.5), which makes me believe that rule is applied to the original monthly price, and therefore not to my case

anyway, wish I can find something better this BF

Yes that wording should have been clearer, but it's a bit late now to send another email about it to everyone. Will complement the usual ticket reply (there are still some questions about this).

@pan21 said: anyway, wish I can find something better this BF

Don't hold your breath. Even with all these energy savings the fact of the matter is that inflation remains, food alone is 15%+, fuel like 50%+ (95 octane is cheaper than diesel typically) etc etc. meanwhile taxes has been raised in Finland.

All of this leads to the conclusion that offering anything long term sub 10€ is not viable right now, Seedboxes require a heck of a lot more than typical VPS in all resource regards. also much more support, and someone has to dev the seedbox software too.

Ofc, i have not run the maths yet, but will by black friday. We will do probably quite a few deals, but all will be more in the lines of first 6 months half price from list and something the like. Maybe something like 250-500GiB storage RAID0, 1TB transfer for super cheap, but at that point the cost is all in the OpEx once again.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Yes that wording should have been clearer, but it's a bit late now to send another email about it to everyone. Will complement the usual ticket reply (there are still some questions about this).

@pan21 said: anyway, wish I can find something better this BF

Don't hold your breath. Even with all these energy savings the fact of the matter is that inflation remains, food alone is 15%+, fuel like 50%+ (95 octane is cheaper than diesel typically) etc etc. meanwhile taxes has been raised in Finland.

All of this leads to the conclusion that offering anything long term sub 10€ is not viable right now, Seedboxes require a heck of a lot more than typical VPS in all resource regards. also much more support, and someone has to dev the seedbox software too.

Ofc, i have not run the maths yet, but will by black friday. We will do probably quite a few deals, but all will be more in the lines of first 6 months half price from list and something the like. Maybe something like 250-500GiB storage RAID0, 1TB transfer for super cheap, but at that point the cost is all in the OpEx once again.

yeah, u probably right. in fact, my service was left idle most of the time, i dont really need that big package, i love the idea of seedbox, if i cannot find a good seedbox deal, will probably just find a vps that can run rutorrent
    let's see what going to show up during BF