Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PulsedMedia +35% price increase - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PulsedMedia +35% price increase

Comments

• @ricannardo said:
    The biggest losers for this is the ones who bought the 3-year seedboxes almost-a-year(?) ago a.k.a. me

HA!

Dafuq? No, you're far from one of the biggest losers. Not only are you getting what you paid for, but you got two years notice! Plenty of time to find a better deal before renewal. You didn't buy a six year deal, after all.

The biggest losers are the monthly users with no opportunity to extend their current price/deal. That's obvious.

No sympathy for you.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I have the €18/year deal that becomes €81/year.
    To be fair, the original offer never contained the word "recurring", despite WHMCS displayed €18 renewal at the time.
    The current plan isn't getting abruptly canceled, and I can still use until Nov 28 without paying extra.
    Currently I'm trying to rack up as much upload as possible on my undergrad college's private tracker.

In the future, I may buy one month, copy all the files to storage VPS, and cancel: then I can watch for next few months until I run out of content.
    While in storage, the files are encrypted and only accessible via SFTP; if the provider asks, these files are recorded samples from my industrial noise generator.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Current outlook is the whole eurozone will fall into a heavy recession, the likes of 90s.

Finland is already in a brutal situation. Some discussion on the energy crisis thread.

Energy crisis is global issue, and just the tip of the iceberg. Next few years might be very brutal for many companies.

Bankruptcy news and such are daily event. Yesterday it was a big small brewery, today a big rancher (for Finland that is) is about to go belly up. These are just what's in the news.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Current outlook is the whole eurozone will fall into a heavy recession, the likes of 90s.

Finland is already in a brutal situation. Some discussion on the energy crisis thread.

Energy crisis is global issue, and just the tip of the iceberg. Next few years might be very brutal for many companies.

Bankruptcy news and such are daily event. Yesterday it was a big small brewery, today a big rancher (for Finland that is) is about to go belly up. These are just what's in the news.

I've sent an invoice for this unnecessary market analysis $10 please.... Actually make it $22 because of energy costs

• @vyas11 said:

@ricannardo said:
    The biggest losers for this is the ones who bought the 3-year seedboxes almost-a-year(?) ago a.k.a. me

HA!

Looks like I was staring at my @HostMantis account I had a 3 year plan with them, though the price escalation was something like 30 x in my case.

Oh, HM.. it's been a ride indeed.

• @yoursunny said:
    I have the €18/year deal that becomes €81/year.

Yikes, $20.45USD to $84.87USD for one of my plans that I haven't had time to start using, yet.

Based on firsthand experience, @PulsedMedia's post about customers who pay in USD getting a 15% discount because of exchange rate changes is mistaken. If anything, the company is earning more Euros from those customers, not fewer.

Even if your account is in USD, payments can only be made in EUR. When it comes time to make the payment, the USD amount is converted to the current equivalent amount of EUR (~15% more than previous, to use their estimate) and that is how much you are charged.

Looking at specific numbers, I have reloaded my account with the same amount of USD a couple times, six months apart. Between the last two loads, the USD:EUR exchange rate went from 1USD:0.87400EUR to 1USD:0.98097EUR, a 12.2% increase in the value of the US dollar compared to the EUR. However, while the same amount of USD was added to my account with each load, I had to pay an extra 6.44 EUR the second load because the US dollar was worth more. Is there a way to change my account to straight EUR?

tl;dr users whose accounts were set to USD are not only NOT getting a discount based on the changing exchange rate, but paying MORE Euros. And we're also getting the additional price increase.

USD exchange rate -> If you are from USA / Your primary currency is USD, and you buy a service in EUR -> You get ~15% more EUR per your USD.

@user123 said: Is there a way to change my account to straight EUR?

Register new billing profile to change to EUR billing profile.

@PulsedMedia said:
    Holy shit, we almost ran out of electricity this morning!

Reserve power plants had to be turned on AND public offers were being requested, for friggin' 5000€/MWh -- 5€/KWh. They managed to get the situation under control. Dang, when demand increases in the winter ... Yeah.

just posted this on https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3478715/#Comment_3478715

Dang.

Slowly, step by step our total power consumption gets lower, a fraction of % at a time.

Already a few % lower on the load side, and during the winter we can do some upgrades towards lowering the cooling cost on current DC.

Then again, almost another doubling of electricity rate this month as well. So ... Yeah. Fun times ahead eh?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • When are you going to update your landing page prices to reflect the new prices? Still see the 4.99 euro pricing which should not exist anymore under your plan.

@sonontse said:
    When are you going to update your landing page prices to reflect the new prices? Still see the 4.99 euro pricing which should not exist anymore under your plan.

By end of this month as announced.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    USD exchange rate -> If you are from USA / Your primary currency is USD, and you buy a service in EUR -> You get ~15% more EUR per your USD.

@user123 said: Is there a way to change my account to straight EUR?

Register new billing profile to change to EUR billing profile.

Is there a way to do that without losing my current instances and the funds I have already added to my account?

• Registration Date
    First Payment Amount
    12.12€
    Recurring Amount
    268.20€
    Billing Cycle
    Triennially

The Very FAT32 deal oh my.

• @fan said:
    Registration Date
    First Payment Amount
    12.12€
    Recurring Amount
    268.20€
    Billing Cycle
    Triennially

The Very FAT32 deal oh my.

Well. This is a perfect example of > 1000% electricity and whatever bill increase PMS and shills were moaning about. :)
    How do you like a 2233% price jump B)

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited September 2022

This company decided to stop emailing about upcoming invoices which I don't think is coincidence. Oh well my box got cancelled, off to your competitors then.

Thanked by 1pbx
    edited September 2022

Very Fat was 12.12€ FIRST year originally, normal 24.24€, he has changed to triennially. So ofc it looks like that :)

@mikewazar said:
    This company decided to stop emailing about upcoming invoices which I don't think is coincidence. Oh well my box got cancelled, off to your competitors then.

We have not done any such thing, check your spam for example.

We also send i think 4 notifications, and suspension should wake one up.

If you use microsoft or google e-mail then yeah, mail does mysteriously disappear tho, but nothing we can do about that.

@user123 said: Is there a way to do that without losing my current instances and the funds I have already added to my account?

Service can be transferred over, but credit cannot be moved.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Very Fat was 12.12€ FIRST year originally, normal 24.24€, he has changed to triennially. So ofc it looks like that :)

@mikewazar said:

We have not done any such thing, check your spam for example.

If you use microsoft or google e-mail then yeah, mail does mysteriously disappear tho, but nothing we can do about that.

@user123 said: Is there a way to do that without losing my current instances and the funds I have already added to my account?

Service can be transferred over, but credit cannot be moved.

Ok yeah I'm sure. Fuck PulsedMedia.

• "dynamic allocation"

give me a fucking break

Thanked by 1pbx
  • It is pretty much all BS. Their price increases do not reflect the energy cost increases. Their intention is to boot all the LET customers out while looking like they are the victim so they can come back in the future to post more deals. It is what it is, just warn everyone in the future when they post more "deals".

• @sonontse said:
    It is pretty much all BS. Their price increases do not reflect the energy cost increases. Their intention is to boot all the LET customers out while looking like they are the victim so they can come back in the future to post more deals. It is what it is, just warn everyone in the future when they post more "deals".

Isn't the hunt for a great deal the real joy LET affords us all? You snagged a plan at a low cost, offer isn't reoccurring for the original amount, meh who cares. Grab your spear and bag another deal!

• @rogerwilco said:

@sonontse said:
    It is pretty much all BS. Their price increases do not reflect the energy cost increases. Their intention is to boot all the LET customers out while looking like they are the victim so they can come back in the future to post more deals. It is what it is, just warn everyone in the future when they post more "deals".

Isn't the hunt for a great deal the real joy LET affords us all? You snagged a plan at a low cost, offer isn't reoccurring for the original amount, meh who cares. Grab your spear and bag another deal!

I had the 12th anniversary plan which was reoccurring. But it is what it is, I've moved on to another provider and so should everyone else.

• @rogerwilco said:

@sonontse said:

In my head, PM deals were always recurring. Just went back to check a random sample of previous offers and they're all cunningly "recurring 50% discount". So they just increase the "base" price and suddenly everyone has lost their discount.

• Bytesized has impressed me - the performance is so strong I feel my Hetzner transcode server is now redundant...

• @ralf said:
    In my head, PM deals were always recurring. Just went back to check a random sample of previous offers and they're all cunningly "recurring 50% discount". So they just increase the "base" price and suddenly everyone has lost their discount.

Increasing the base price is actually keeping the discount but losing the savings/value. This is the only real expectation one should have, not fixed cost forever. This is common practice.

• @TimboJones said:

@ralf said:

Increasing the base price is actually keeping the discount but losing the savings/value. This is the only real expectation one should have, not fixed cost forever. This is common practice.

Yes, that's what I meant. I'm sure at least a few of mine were worded as recurring price, not recurring discount, but I guess that doesn't really mean much in practice as a provider could always just withdraw the offer and decline to renew on the next billing cycle.

• jcolidelesjcolideles Member
    edited September 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

Oh yeah use blacklisted ip and blame them for that 🥴 haven't heard of Mailbaby and AmazonSES? They're cheap tho.

• _cece_cece Member
    edited September 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

I only got 1 reminder. 1/4 is a bad delivery quote. I already stated it earlier that noone really got their price adjustment email, but it’s not my problem anymore.

@jcolideles said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Oh yeah use blacklisted ip and blame them for that 🥴 haven't heard of Mailbaby and AmazonSES? They're cheap tho.

And that's not our outgoing mail server :)

Our outgoing mail servers have good long history etc. I believe the reason why some email from us is dropped by hotmail & google is the same we are on corporate firewalls.

Annoying that it is happening again all of sudden.

Microsoft, Google, Yahoo are all well known to silently drop some e-mail.

• _cece_cece Member
    edited September 2022

even in WHMCS under email history there is only one email regarding the reminder. 4 E-Mails haven’t been send at all to my mailbox.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@jcolideles said:

@PulsedMedia said:

And that's not our outgoing mail server :)

Our outgoing mail servers have good long history etc. I believe the reason why some email from us is dropped by hotmail & google is the same we are on corporate firewalls.

Annoying that it is happening again all of sudden.

Microsoft, Google, Yahoo are all well known to silently drop some e-mail.

ohh sorry my bad. omail1 and omail4 is much worse.