Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PulsedMedia +35% price increase - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PulsedMedia +35% price increase

Comments

• I am considering renew it and this news really helps me to make my decision.

• @yoursunny said: I have €18/year 450GB deal and there's no email notice so far.

You may want to log in to the billing panel and check. I haven't received an email, but the renewal price has been updated for my plan. From 3.49€ to 9.47€.

Thanked by 1itoshikimonset
  • @Detruire said:

@yoursunny said: I have €18/year 450GB deal and there's no email notice so far.

You may want to log in to the billing panel and check. I haven't received an email, but the renewal price has been updated for my plan. From 3.49€ to 9.47€.

Holy LOL. From $10 to $29 and $28 to $95. So the price increase is per month and not billing period(? Yikes.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said:
    I have €18/year 450GB deal and there's no email notice so far.
    I would cancel my service if the annual price exceeds 3 months of Amazon Prime membership.

lol

• @brueggus said:

@yoursunny said:
    I would cancel my service if the annual price exceeds 3 months of Amazon Prime membership.

lol

@PulsedMedia, I think there is something wrong with your calculator.

€18 -> €81 isn't a 15-35% price hike.

• @brueggus said:

@yoursunny said:

lol

€81 is tad bit expensive, the jump from 18 to 81 is totally insane.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Wait for HostSolutions to launch refugee offer.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited September 2022

PulsedMedia

• 450GB initially, 500GB with bonus space after several months, 620GB burstable
    • abrupt account deletion if you open a ticket
    • €81/year, €0.16/GB•year

FeralHosting

• 1TB fixed capacity
    • €10/month, €0.12/GB•year

BuyVM Luxembourg

• 512GB capacity
    • $6/month, $0.14/GB•year

Amazon Prime

• select movie titles
    • $8.99/month for video only
    • $14.99/month including music and free delivery

Apple TV+

• select movie titles
    • $4.99/month

CBS All Access aka Paramount+

• all CBS episodes
    • $4.99/month with some ads, or $9.99/month without ads
  • @yoursunny said:
    PulsedMedia

• 450GB initially, 500GB with bonus space after several months, 620GB burstable
    • abrupt account deletion if you open a ticket
    • €81/year, €0.16/GB•year

FeralHosting

• 1TB fixed capacity
    • €10/month, €0.12/GB•year

BuyVM Luxembourg

• 512GB fixed capacity
    • $6/month, $0.14/GB•year

GB/Year is confusing. What is it in terms of push - ups?

Thanked by 2yoursunny ralf
  • @jar said:
    Damn I thought I was a bit excessive when writing things. New drinking game: Take a shot every time a new paragraph starts. If you make it to the end you get a 50% discount coupon at MXroute.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbhu590jqtrvk9b/lol.pdf?dl=0

Really ? 50% off ? xD

• have not received any comms from PM

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2022

@yoursunny said:
    FeralHosting
    1TB fixed capacity
    €10/month, €0.12/GB•year

I'd expect them to hike this year, like everyone else.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. We aren't increasing prices this year, and I don't see a reason to do it next year either.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@yoursunny said:
    FeralHosting
    1TB fixed capacity
    €10/month, €0.12/GB•year

I'd expect them to hike this year, like everyone else.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. We aren't increasing prices this year, and I don't see a reason to do it next year either.

Francisco

Do you permit public trackers?

Can 256GB slab be upgraded to 512GB seamlessly or does it need re-provision?

Will you give refugee offers next month?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yoursunny said: Do you permit public trackers?

Can 256GB slab be upgraded to 512GB seamlessly or does it need re-provision?

Yes. For a slab you just have to detach & reattach and it'll get the updated size. You then just use parted and resize2fs and you're good.

Will you give refugee offers next month?

Unlikely. We have a full crate of gear going out to LUX any day now, but don't intend to do any price promos for it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Need service id to check for pricing issues, but what's mentioned here -- yea i think there's a problem then lol

Oh happens when humans are involved, completely fixable tho :)

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said: FeralHosting

1TB fixed capacity

€10/month, €0.12/GB•year

10GBP = 11.57€

Just saying.

It's the lowest of the lowest priced services which gets most increased pricing, and was intended to be so.

Therefore the pricing increases will be linearly adjusted based on service price 35-15% on 10-30€ services -- lower percentages on higher cost service, but also another 3.5€ for all sub 5.50€ accounts which are the most sensitive to OpEx changes.

The final pricing increases will be 35% to 15% scaling from 10€ to 30€ per month. Examples:

• 10€ current price, +35%, final price from 10€: 13.50€
    • 20€ current price, +25%, final price from 20€: 25.00€
    • 30€ or above current price, +15%, final price from 30€: 34.50€
  • They can lay out all the math the want to justify the price increase but inflation hasn't affected the industry by 25%+ that's asinine. Servers should be sold at a price that accounts for inflation. Price increases should never happen to existing customers unless addons change (cPanel, leased IPs, other licenses) because normal attrition would see new sign ups getting billed a higher rate and as the market continues to move forward in regards to vps specs those 512mb customers will upgrade to 2gb VPSs and pay more for those boxes after a few short years.

A 35% price increase shows me just how poor this company is managed and if they deadpool I will reply with a shocked Pikachu face.

Thanked by 3yoursunny taizi iKeyZ
  • @caniac22 said:
    They can lay out all the math the want to justify the price increase but inflation hasn't affected the industry by 25%+ that's asinine. Servers should be sold at a price that accounts for inflation. Price increases should never happen to existing customers unless addons change (cPanel, leased IPs, other licenses) because normal attrition would see new sign ups getting billed a higher rate and as the market continues to move forward in regards to vps specs those 512mb customers will upgrade to 2gb VPSs and pay more for those boxes after a few short years.

A 35% price increase shows me just how poor this company is managed and if they deadpool I will reply with a shocked Pikachu face.

Inflation is an average percentage. Electricity hungry industries are being affected significantly by more than doubled electricity prices (and beyond depending on the country). Some factories already needed to shutdown completely for this reason. I don't know which percentage is electricity costs for hosting providers, but I can imagine it will be a significant part.

If you think a 35% price increase is absurd, be prepared for similar price increases all over the place, not only in the hosting industry. In the end most things are energy dependent.

• @M66B said:

If you think a 35% price increase is absurd, be prepared for similar price increases all over the place, not only in the hosting industry. In the end most things are energy dependent.

35% is only for the above 10€ seedboxes. The smaller ones will have more than a 100% price increase. Like the raffle ones for 2.99€ will cost now 6.49€. Or the 18€ per year seedboxes mentioned above will now cost you 81€ per year...

• My raffle box went from 2.99€ to 8.76€. Can someone explain this math?

• @sonontse said:
    My raffle box went from 2.99€ to 8.76€. Can someone explain this math?

Wow….

2.99€+3.50€=6.49€*1.35=8.76€

• I guess if their goal is to backtrack on all the deals they posted on LEB, this will do it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited September 2022

@PulsedMedia said: Need service id to check for pricing issues, but what's mentioned here -- yea i think there's a problem then lol

Oh happens when humans are involved, completely fixable tho

Can you check this?

Quarter: 14.97€

Now: 34.38€

So, somewhat 125% price increase?

• @netomx said:

@PulsedMedia said: Need service id to check for pricing issues, but what's mentioned here -- yea i think there's a problem then lol

Oh happens when humans are involved, completely fixable tho

Can you check this?

Quarter: 14.97€

Now: 34.38€

So, somewhat 125% price increase?

Hes working it out per month not term :(
    14.97 / 3 = 4.99€

((4.99 + 3.50€) * 1.35) * 3 == new quarterly price

• I'm fine with them pushing out us LEB folks but if they come back on black friday and post deals again, that would be outrageous.

@djn said: 3.50€

oh, the "3.5 euro" fee.

hahaha well, that beats me, it is a "35%" price increase HAHAHAH

any other host for a seedbox? private trackers only. Or should I stick with a Kimsufi on CA?

• @netomx said:

@djn said: 3.50€

oh, the "3.5 euro" fee.

hahaha well, that beats me, it is a "35%" price increase HAHAHAH

any other host for a seedbox? private trackers only. Or should I stick with a Kimsufi on CA?

you should be fine with ultra.cc or seedbox.io for example.

Thanked by 1skorous

@lala_th said: ultra.cc

this looks very good. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @netomx said: Thanks for the suggestion!

+1 on Ultra, have used them for half a year already and haven't had anything to reach out to support for yet (touch wood). Would recommend going there instead of picking up a kimsufi as long as the upload traffic limit for ultra is enough for you.

Seedbox.io are being consolidated into a new site/service with the dedicated arm walkerservers and the shared seedbox prices will drop to around the same price as ultra.

Thanked by 2netomx skorous