Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ADVIN SERVERS $8/MONTH 16GB RAM VPS + **GIVEAWAY EXPIRED** - Page 44
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ADVIN SERVERS $8/MONTH 16GB RAM VPS + **GIVEAWAY EXPIRED**

Comments

• @pan21 said:
    @Advin
    Double Bandwidth please
    Invoice #9542
    thanks

It has been a month...

@Advin
    Double Bandwidth please
    Invoice #9542

• @Advin kindly answer my ticket #790900

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@Teko said:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue 17 Jan 2023 08:52:02 AM UTC

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 15 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 3600.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.4 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 108.7 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-20-amd64

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 482                           
    Multi Core      | 1060                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/19932510

YABS completed in 5 min 25 sec

Wonderful Geekbench 5 result.
    The ticket was created 4 days ago, no reply.

PM me your ticket number, we're currently flooded with tickets so everything is slowly being worked on. We've also provisioned some new nodes for instances like these as we're working on dealing with an influx of abusers.

• ptrejaptreja Member
    edited January 2023

@Advin said:
    FLASH SALE
    30 IN STOCK (NOT THE SAME AS OTHER DEAL)

KVM Micro S
    Randomized CPU (1 vCore)
    4GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    20GB NVMe/SATA SSD
    1TB Bandwidth (1 Gbps)
    Located in Amsterdam, NL
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation
    $1.99/month - monthly

SELECT 4GB AT CHECKOUT

I'm not in any massive hurry so I don't want to add to the backlog of tickets unnecessarily, but I ordered a week ago and there's no info about when it might get deployed, it's still listed as "pending". Are these just very slow to deploy, or has something gone wrong that I should submit a ticket for?

• @covent said:

@ShalaWorks said:

@covent said:
    I bought the 4vCPU/32GB but I guess I was moved to another host after awhile as I had to reinstall (no bootable media found). Now nested virtualization is disabled and performance -30% (was Ryzen 5900X and now anonymous EPYC). It's still cheap for 32GB but can't really plan on hosting anything on this in the future, sorry to say. Putting to idle for now :-)

You maybe still have 5900x but with cpu passthrough disable.

Ah, yeah that could be! And to be clear, I don't mind the reinstall as I hadn't migrated anything on the server yet, just benching. I'll take a few weeks more to see if it stabilized and that there are no more surprises

I give up, cancelled.. it happened again, server died and "No bootable device" in noVNC console when I try to boot it. Can't recommend this particular plan to anyone

@covent said:

@covent said:

@ShalaWorks said:

@covent said:
    I bought the 4vCPU/32GB but I guess I was moved to another host after awhile as I had to reinstall (no bootable media found). Now nested virtualization is disabled and performance -30% (was Ryzen 5900X and now anonymous EPYC). It's still cheap for 32GB but can't really plan on hosting anything on this in the future, sorry to say. Putting to idle for now :-)

Ah, yeah that could be! And to be clear, I don't mind the reinstall as I hadn't migrated anything on the server yet, just benching. I'll take a few weeks more to see if it stabilized and that there are no more surprises

I give up, cancelled.. it happened again, server died and "No bootable device" in noVNC console when I try to boot it. Can't recommend this particular plan to anyone

We're working on it, it could be signs of premature disk failure. Your data is still there, the partition table just got nuked.

• @covent said:

@covent said:

@ShalaWorks said:

@covent said:

Same, my server was down for several minutes and I couldn't even start it from the control panel.
    I couldn't recommend that plan to anyone either, it's been unstable since I bought it.

• Mine was unaccessable too, but I reinstalled the system. Well, it works then. As long as the uptime is above 99.5% for whole month, and geekbench 5 is around or above 1200 single thread, I still consider it's usable, but I'm not using it for important things though. The price is great still.

We're working on fixing these issues and are investigating reports.

• @Advin
    Double Bandwidth please
    Invoice #11101
    thanks

• listerine90listerine90 Member
    edited January 2023

The servers are very unstable, works fine for the first 24 hours then breaks again.
    noVNC shows kernel level errors. I would love to continue using your services but this seems way too unreliable for a proper server operations. Opened a ticket here: #231103

• Will the monthly cost of the VPS change? Will it be permanent? 👉👈

• @Advin Is the server physically located in Amsterdam?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2023

@michae1 said: @Advin Is the server physically located in Amsterdam?

No, Hetzner + GRE tunnel to Amsterdam. https://clients.advinservers.com/knowledgebase/12/Virtual-Location.html

However @Advin mentioned there will be some changes to NL and tunnel will be gone, but he did not specify any ETA.

• I see, thank you @JabJab.

• Please review ticket #737571 🙏

• Invoice #11833 FREE MONTH (ANY LOCATION)

@JabJab said:

@michae1 said: @Advin Is the server physically located in Amsterdam?

No, Hetzner + GRE tunnel to Amsterdam. https://clients.advinservers.com/knowledgebase/12/Virtual-Location.html

However @Advin mentioned there will be some changes to NL and tunnel will be gone, but he did not specify any ETA.

Yeah, that's right. We have already gotten our first few sets of nodes in Amsterdam and we are working on putting them into production. Once these are put into production, new orders will be deployed on them and existing nodes will be moved over soon enough. I will update LET once the change happens and will update our product/order pages.

Thanked by 1error12358
  • @Advin please check ticket #255756.

Waiting for any initial response for more than 4 days.

• @Advin please check ticket #705741, thanks

• @Advin please check this ticket as well Ticket #102119

• @Advin please check all tickets ;-)

• @JabJab said:
    @Advin please check all tickets ;-)

sure

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Advin please merge/delete all tickets 😋

• umzumz Member

I LOVE FREE SERVERS ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

:)

• Why are you guys not just posting ur whole tickets message here? who knows maybe

• I LOVE FREE SERVERS ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• When are you going to issue SLA credits for the server you blew up?

We have been working around the clock to investigate the cause of the outage and have determined that it may have been due to an unexpected hard shut down of the server by the datacenter. Unfortunately, this shutdown resulted in some data corruption and difficulty in recognizing certain drives. Our team has been working to recover the data on the affected drives, but it is taking time, as the drive appears to be not recognizable in the operating system.