Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud | Independence Day Sale | NVMe | SSD | 10Gbps Port - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud | Independence Day Sale | NVMe | SSD | 10Gbps Port

Comments

• HAPPY 19TH OF JULY

• ralfralf Member

When they advertised it, I think it was after the end of this month sometime. So probably too early to be asking when.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@daizellisay said:
    ETA of (Pre-order) BudgetKVMSG-2?

We will have the E5 servers delivered tomorrow according to Fedex. Then the datacenter will install them, after that we will process the pre-orders in SG. Hopefully all orders will be delivered this week.
    For the pre-orders in SJC, just waiting for the switches/servers to arrive at the datacenter, the rack is ready already. ETA should be next week.

• It seems that there is never enough in Tokyo

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Will there be EPYC or Ryzen in San Jose?

• moh3enmoh3en Member

Discount code for Windows VPS?

• ETA of (Pre-order) BudgetKVMSG-2?

@gemini90 said:
    Will there be EPYC or Ryzen in San Jose?

Yes in 3-4 weeks.

@moh3en said:
    Discount code for Windows VPS?

You can check our current Windows VPS offers on #1. There will be no further discount.

@kekeguai said:

Servers have been delivered last week, just waiting for Leaseweb to install them to our rack, the support is a little slow these days.

• Hi, when will the (Pre-order) BudgetKVMSG-2 be delivered? What time will it be tomorrow? Is there a specific time? May I know please?

• @NDTN said:

@daizellisay said:

We will have the E5 servers delivered tomorrow according to Fedex. Then the datacenter will install them, after that we will process the pre-orders in SG. Hopefully all orders will be delivered this week.
    For the pre-orders in SJC, just waiting for the switches/servers to arrive at the datacenter, the rack is ready already. ETA should be next week.

May we have an update please? :)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Please do not hound this provider about pre-orders to the point he regrets doing them.
    Provisioning dates provided are normally estimates and should not be counted on to be exactly accurate. There are many things outside the control of the provider, and I am pretty sure he wants to get them going just as fast as you do. He is paying for racks, IPs, etc while making no money on pre-orders since your billing period starts on delivery, not on the date you ordered.

I only say this because I would like to see this provider do more pre-orders in the future. So please do not ruin it for me. :wink:

just can't wait for their new flash deals.

Thanked by 2FrankZ NDTN
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@cybertech said:

just can't wait for their new flash deals.

no more until BF 2022

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • LisoLiso Member
    edited July 2022

I'm sure greencloud will deliver, his service is outstanding and I had no complain. Kudos to him and his team ! :smiley:

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@Liso said: I'm sure greencloud will deliver, his service is outstanding and I had no complain. Kudos to him and his team ! :smiley:

Thanked by 1NDTN

Sorry for the late update, I’m currently traveling now so I dont have much time on LET.
    SG pre-orders: we have all servers delivered last week (Saturday). But it seems that Leaseweb is busy with their power maintenance which planned today. Already sent them several emails but it seems that the servers can be configured early next week only.
    SJC: Servers, Switches, PDUs and other equipment delivered yesterday, just waiting for the DC staff to configure them, pre-orders will be delivered next week for sure.
    Thank you for your patience!

edited July 2022

Update on Budget KVM plans in EU:
    Bucharest, RO and Coventry, UK will be available early next month, servers can be shipped anytime next week.

I’m currently enjoying the weekend with my family at Como lake, 🇮🇹

https://pasteboard.co/XHgrQtqGm9oI.jpg

Have a great weekend, guys!

• @NDTN said:
    Update on Budget KVM plans in EU:
    Bucharest, RO and Coventry, UK will be available early next month, servers can be shipped anytime next week.

I’m currently enjoying the weekend with my family at Como lake, 🇮🇹

https://pasteboard.co/XHgrQtqGm9oI.jpg

Have a great weekend, guys!

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • smaartsmaart Member

@NDTN said:
    Sorry for the late update, I’m currently traveling now so I dont have much time on LET.
    SG pre-orders: we have all servers delivered last week (Saturday). But it seems that Leaseweb is busy with their power maintenance which planned today. Already sent them several emails but it seems that the servers can be configured early next week only.
    SJC: Servers, Switches, PDUs and other equipment delivered yesterday, just waiting for the DC staff to configure them, pre-orders will be delivered next week for sure.
    Thank you for your patience!

Waiting for next update (SG node)

Update:

• We have our Budget nodes in SG up and running finally. We will start delivering pre-orders there in the next few hours.
    • SJC: Still waiting for the datacenter, I will update this thread when we receive more information.
  • does this have a ddos protection and how strong?

@NDTN said:

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Wishing you a festive Independence Day filled with family, friends and fun. Enjoy a little extra celebration with our following special plans:

4th of July Special

- 7777MB RAM
    - 4 cores @ E5v4
    - 47GB SSD RAID-10
    - 7777GB Bandwidth @ 10Gbps Port
    - $47/2-year
    - QTY: 47

Order here: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale/4th-of-july-special

Budget KVM plans: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale

Available in multiple locations, including pre-orders in San Jose, CA that will be delivered at the end of July (Test IP for SJC: 198.54.134.1)

Premium KVM plans: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/premium-kvm-sale

Windows VPS Sale: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/windows-vps-sale

Note: The offers are limited and available while the stock lasts. We will update locations/plans frequently.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

Just run my first YABS at my idle greencloudvps VPS which caused IP nullrouting in the middle of the bench at their Florida location (no such issue in Amsterdam) and quick support response: "It seem like your IP address was null-routed by the datacenter. In this case, please check again in a few hours or change the IP address with $2".

If that's not the sillyest thing I heard. I mean simple bench script everyone use :)

edit 1
    They offered me IP change (for free it seems) "only this time" after my explanation what did I run, but will wait to see what will happen from DC side as it's just idle non-used vps for now anyway and I am not in hurry to have it "back".
    It's worrisome that something like this cause nullrouting, tho.

edit 2
    Nullroute by DC was lifted in 1 hour. All good (just a bit silly).
    Regarding GreenCloud support response I must say that they are the quickest among my 25-30 hosts. Real-time basically. Impressive.

• @NDTN said:
    Update:

• We have our Budget nodes in SG up and running finally. We will start delivering pre-orders there in the next few hours.
    • SJC: Still waiting for the datacenter, I will update this thread when we receive more information.

Will my pre-order Singapore be available today? Said to start at the end of July!

• Huh. I ran yabs and an old-school bench on my Jacksonville VPS and had no issues. I guess I could see how the receive perf test could look like an attack, but, seriously, people?

• @lxz7758521 said:

@NDTN said:
    Update:

Will my pre-order Singapore be available today? Said to start at the end of July!

@NDTN said:
    Update:

• @Mumbly said:
    Just run my first YABS at my idle greencloudvps VPS which caused IP nullrouting in the middle of the bench at their Florida location (no such issue in Amsterdam) and quick support response: "It seem like your IP address was null-routed by the datacenter. In this case, please check again in a few hours or change the IP address with $2".

If that's not the sillyest thing I heard. I mean simple bench script everyone use :)

edit 1
    They offered me IP change (for free it seems) "only this time" after my explanation what did I run, but will wait to see what will happen from DC side as it's just idle non-used vps for now anyway and I am not in hurry to have it "back".
    It's worrisome that something like this cause nullrouting, tho.

edit 2
    Nullroute by DC was lifted in 1 hour. All good (just a bit silly).

this is not uncommon really. depends on DC network policies but mostly seen on 10Gs

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

@cybertech said: this is not uncommon really.

Not uncommon? Since when? Any other known cases apart from (widely criticized because of that) HAZI.ro?

• phanhphanh Member, Host Rep

@lxz7758521 said:

@NDTN said:
    Update:

It should be sent to your email today, your new due date is also updated accordingly.

• LisoLiso Member

Just received budgetkvmsg-3, below is a bench using my script.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
    #             Benchy v2.1               #
    #    https://github.com/L1so/benchy     #
    #        03 Aug 2022 09:44 WIB          #

Server Insight                                  Hardware Information
    ---------------------                           ---------------------
    OS         : Ubuntu 18.04 LTS                   Model       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    Location   : Singapore                          Core        : 4 @ 2199.944 MHz
    Kernel     : 4.15.0-189-generic                 AES-NI      : ✔ Enabled
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hrs, 1 mins, 20 secs     VM-x/AMD-V  : ✔ Enabled
    Virt       : kvm                                Swap        : 4.0 GiB   

Disk & Memory Usage                             Network Data
    ---------------------                           ---------------------
    Disk       : 55.0 GiB                           ASN         : AS59253   
    Disk Usage : 2.5 GiB (5% Used)                  ISP         : Leaseweb Asia Pacific pte. ltd.
    Mem        : 7.8 GiB                            IPv4        : ✔ Enabled
    Mem Usage  : 0.1 GiB (2% Used)                  IPv6        : ❌ Disabled

Disk Performance Check (ext4 on /dev/vda2)
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Size | Read        | Write       | Total       |       IOPS (R,W,T)       |
    +===========================================================================+
    | 4k   | 88.62 MB/s  | 88.86 MB/s  | 177.49 MB/s | 22.7k  | 22.7k  | 45.4k  |
    | 64k  | 1.23 GB/s   | 1.24 GB/s   | 2.48 GB/s   | 20.3k  | 20.4k  | 40.6k  |
    | 512k | 1.55 GB/s   | 1.63 GB/s   | 3.19 GB/s   | 3.2k   | 3.4k   | 6.5k   |
    | 1m   | 2.01 GB/s   | 2.14 GB/s   | 4.16 GB/s   | 2.1k   | 2.2k   | 4.3k   |
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Network Performance Test (Region: Mixed)
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Prot. | Provider    | Location        | Send         | Receive      | Latency   |
    +=================================================================================+
    | IPv4  | Clouvider   | Dallas, US      |        busy  |        busy  |  195.3 ms |
    |       | Airstream   | Wisconsin, USA  |  471.6 Mb/s  |  542.0 Mb/s  |  219.1 ms |
    |       | Hybula      | Amsterdam, NL   |  755.3 Mb/s  |  771.9 Mb/s  |  167.7 ms |
    |       | Clouvider   | Frankfurt, DE   |  841.8 Mb/s  |  877.2 Mb/s  |  152.9 ms |
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

+-----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
    | Geekbench 5.4.4 Tryout for Linux x86 (64-bit) | Geekbench 4.3.3 Tryout for Linux x86 (64-bit) |
    +===============================================+===============================================+
    | Single Core        | 692                      | Single Core        | 3150                     |
    | Multi Core         | 2534                     | Multi Core         | 10596                    |
    +-----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
    | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16405852 | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16595835 |
    | Benchy time spent                             | 7 Minutes 51 Seconds                          |

• (Pre-order) BudgetKVMSG-2 YABS

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Aug  3 03:45:26 BST 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 19 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2698 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2199.978 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 2.0 GiB
    Disk       : 32.5 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-28-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 91.28 MB/s   (22.8k) | 1.36 GB/s    (21.3k)
    Write      | 91.52 MB/s   (22.8k) | 1.37 GB/s    (21.4k)
    Total      | 182.81 MB/s  (45.7k) | 2.73 GB/s    (42.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 2.02 GB/s     (3.9k) | 2.17 GB/s     (2.1k)
    Write      | 2.13 GB/s     (4.1k) | 2.32 GB/s     (2.2k)
    Total      | 4.15 GB/s     (8.1k) | 4.49 GB/s     (4.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 950 Mbits/sec   | 1.06 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.42 Gbits/sec  | 1.05 Gbits/sec 
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 981 Mbits/sec   | 1.04 Gbits/sec 
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 866 Mbits/sec   | 940 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 294 Mbits/sec   | 756 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 621 Mbits/sec   | 862 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 997 Mbits/sec   | 1.06 Gbits/sec 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 822 Mbits/sec   | 1.06 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 832 Mbits/sec   | 109 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 617 Mbits/sec   | 627 Mbits/sec  
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.16 Gbits/sec  | 950 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 573 Mbits/sec   | 798 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 684 Mbits/sec   | 852 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 948 Mbits/sec   | 1.05 Gbits/sec 

Running GB5 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 872                           
    Multi Core      | 1611                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16405873

Thanks @NDTN :)