Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud | Independence Day Sale | NVMe | SSD | 10Gbps Port - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud | Independence Day Sale | NVMe | SSD | 10Gbps Port

1222324252628»

Comments

• @ngg said:
    HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

wtf :o 2023?

• HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

HAPPY 77TH OF JULY

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@MallocVoidstar said:

CPU cores on KVM VPS are shared among multiple VPSs. If your VPS is consistently maxing out one full core or more and impacting the performance of other client servers sharing the same host node, we may ask you to reduce your usage. Disruptive load may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved. 30% Average Usage should be fine. You can burst up to 100% for 10 minutes, every 24 hours.

How strict is this clause in the ToS? I have a program that takes 10-15 minutes to compile from a clean state, would doing so once on a GreenCloud VPS result in it being automatically shut down? (under the assumption that it would take that long - current host box is 2x ivybridge cores)

There should be no issues with that. We are flexible on the CPU Usage Term.

Thanked by 1MallocVoidstar
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2022

@MallocVoidstar said:

CPU cores on KVM VPS are shared among multiple VPSs. If your VPS is consistently maxing out one full core or more and impacting the performance of other client servers sharing the same host node, we may ask you to reduce your usage. Disruptive load may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved. 30% Average Usage should be fine. You can burst up to 100% for 10 minutes, every 24 hours.

How strict is this clause in the ToS? I have a program that takes 10-15 minutes to compile from a clean state, would doing so once on a GreenCloud VPS result in it being automatically shut down? (under the assumption that it would take that long - current host box is 2x ivybridge cores)

I accidentally used 100% of one core for nearly a whole day (an app got stuck in an infinite loop overnight) and nothing happened.

As soon as I noticed, I immediately stopped that process, messaged @NDTN to apologise, and configured Netdata to lower the threshold for CPU usage alerts - by default it only alerts on 75% total CPU usage for more than 15 minutes.

Thanked by 3sonic Arkas NDTN
  • @Daniel15 said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

I accidentally used 100% of one core for nearly a whole day (an app got stuck in an infinite loop overnight) and nothing happened.

As soon as I noticed, I immediately stopped that process, messaged @NDTN to apologise, and configured Netdata to lower the threshold for CPU usage alerts - by default it only alerts on 75% total CPU usage for more than 15 minutes.

Polite client + Good provider = Win - Win

Thanked by 3Arkas NDTN Daniel15
  • Any plan on making a sale for Premium KVM Singapore?

Thanked by 2kheng86 Liso
  • See you tomorrow :))

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • @NDTN can you tell us what the deal is for timorrow?

• @henix said:
    @NDTN can you tell us what the deal is for timorrow?

9vcore/9gb ram/99gb nvme/9 tb bw/9$ per year

• @sonic said:

@henix said:

9vcore/9gb ram/99gb nvme/9 tb bw/9$ per year

That would be a very nice deal but $9/y is unaustainable

• @henix said:

yeah, is it safe for me to go to sleep or are we working off UTC+7 or something

Thanked by 2AXYZE shelfchair
  • If its going to be 9vCPU/9GB/99GB SSD/9TB traffic for $99/3yrs like it was $88/3yrs in 2021 ago then I'm not going to renew any other VPSes (racknerd, terrahost, alphavps etc.) and I'll put anything in this one box.
    Even $99/2years would be sweet.

I hope I'll be fast enough to get such deal in EU...

• you snooze you looze

• spruittspruitt Member
    edited October 2022

happybirthday #9999post #greencloud please see this and shower me with VPS gifts. Or, just send an iPad so I can give it to the misses when she sees all the charges for your services on the bank statements...