Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud | Independence Day Sale | NVMe | SSD | 10Gbps Port - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud | Independence Day Sale | NVMe | SSD | 10Gbps Port

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@fuckCCP said:
    When does the birthday sale start? I checked the 2020 and 2021 birthdays one is in the beginning of October and the other is in the end of October, so it must be in October, right?

Yes we will celebrate our 9th Birthday in October.

Thanked by 5BBTN ratneo FrankZ TODO ralf
  • @NDTN said:

@fuckCCP said:
    When does the birthday sale start? I checked the 2020 and 2021 birthdays one is in the beginning of October and the other is in the end of October, so it must be in October, right?

.#oktoberfest

Thanked by 2ehab FrankZ
  • What about a sale in honour of the queen? @NDTN You have 2 UK locations :tongue:

• @NDTN said:

@fuckCCP said:

looking forward

• early BF with NDTN .... interesting.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Please wait until 10th of october so i can get my paycheck
    lul

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2022

@luissousa said:
    What about a sale in honour of the queen? @NDTN You have 2 UK locations :tongue:

Hm... 2 minutes of downtime (lights out) per location for the departed?

Thanked by 3yoursunny ariq01 ralf
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Kansas City MO was restocked 24 hours ago, at 30 units in each plan.
    Presently, five plans show 30 units and one plan shows 29 units.
    This means only 1 unit is sold in a day.
    Is there something inherently bad in this location?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@yoursunny said:

I wouldn’t say there’s anything bad about the location but I believe non-US customers would normally prefer either East Coast (if they’re in the EU) or West Coast (if they’re in Asia, or South-East Asia at least).

MO is smack in the middle which could mean it’s less favored due to the latency?

I mean I could be wrong but that’s just my opinion :smiley:

Thanked by 2yoursunny NDTN
  • Nah... Everyone waiting October sale xD

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2022

@yoursunny said: Kansas City MO was restocked 24 hours ago, at 30 units in each plan.

I would agree with DP's comment above. Also in the past I have had VMs and servers with other providers in KCMO and had less then spectacular results network wise. So maybe other folks have had similar experiences and avoid KCMO.

Back in June I purchased an EPYC 4GB in KCMO with GreenCloud and it has been really excellent. CPU and disk have been real fast and the network has been rock steady on both IPv4 and IPv6. For North America coverage I really like this VM.

Thanked by 2yoursunny NDTN
  • @yoursunny said:

Everyone is waiting for @NDTN 's birthday to get 9gb RAM, 9vCPU, 99 gb NVME for 99/3 yrs :)

• @DP said: MO is smack in the middle

Being in the middle is good for US-based users though - on average, users should have lower latency compared to if it was in the east or west.

Thanked by 3DP yoursunny NDTN
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Daniel15 said:

@DP said: MO is smack in the middle

Being in the middle is good for US-based users though - on average, users should have lower latency compared to if it was in the east or west.

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to say, only US users would probably fancy and appreciate the location :smiley:

Thanked by 2Daniel15 NDTN
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Daniel15 said:

I wouldn't need "on average lower latency".
    The push-ups delivery network is fully distributed so it's possible to achieve low latency everywhere.
    I currently have Seattle, San Jose, Dallas.
    Hopefully @NDTN would put up a Secaucus or Ashburn deal in 2023 spring.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @yoursunny said:

Please @NDTN!

@yoursunny said:

@pkr said:

@yoursunny said:

Everyone is waiting for @NDTN 's birthday to get 9gb RAM, 9vCPU, 99 gb NVME for 99/3 yrs :)

I regret that I have talked about 9th Birthday Sale too early :D

@yoursunny said:

@Daniel15 said:

I wouldn't need "on average lower latency".
    The push-ups delivery network is fully distributed so it's possible to achieve low latency everywhere.
    I currently have Seattle, San Jose, Dallas.

We are slowly rolling out to 10Gbps Network in all our locations. Some of them cannot be upgraded due to the limitations from the DCs so we need to find a new home in these locations. We have a pending ticket with no reply since July when we asked for the upgrade to 10Gbps in Atlanta, GA.
    NJ & VA will have the upgrade to 10Gbps in 2023 (just after AZ and WA) with newer hardware (EPYC, Ryzen, etc) so we can have deals there.
    It's slower than expected as we need to re-invest everything from our profit to purchase equipment and IPv4 blocks, but we like it that way than from VC funding.

• @NDTN said:
    re-invest everything from our profit to purchase equipment and IPv4 blocks, but we like it that way than from VC funding.

i like this too.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @NDTN said: to get 9gb RAM, 9vCPU, 99 gb NVME for 99/3 yrs

In all nines there is no place for three. :)

Thanked by 1ralf
  • 8th birthday sale → 88% recurring discount
    9th birthday sale → 99% recurring discount??

• @emperor said:
    In all nines there is no place for three. :)

Then it can be Ryzen $99/9 month

• ralfralf Member
    edited September 2022

(edit: i can't read!)

• @NDTN said:
    NJ & VA will have the upgrade to 10Gbps in 2023 (just after AZ and WA) with newer hardware (EPYC, Ryzen, etc) so we can have deals there.

Very much looking forward to it! :)

• infplusinfplus Member
    edited September 2022

@NDTN https://greencloudvps.com/billing:Error establishing a database connection.

@infplus said:
    @NDTN https://greencloudvps.com/billing:Error establishing a database connection.

It was down for around 20-30 mins when we configured HA for the site. Should be back to normal already, let me know if you still have any issues.

• Wait for a sale in JP

• CPU cores on KVM VPS are shared among multiple VPSs. If your VPS is consistently maxing out one full core or more and impacting the performance of other client servers sharing the same host node, we may ask you to reduce your usage. Disruptive load may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved. 30% Average Usage should be fine. You can burst up to 100% for 10 minutes, every 24 hours.

How strict is this clause in the ToS? I have a program that takes 10-15 minutes to compile from a clean state, would doing so once on a GreenCloud VPS result in it being automatically shut down? (under the assumption that it would take that long - current host box is 2x ivybridge cores)

• Look forward to birthday sales

• HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

• @NDTN said: I regret that I have talked about 9th Birthday Sale too early

Too late to bail out now. Money for this is saved and we're waiting in a crouched start position.

Thanked by 1NDTN