Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud | Independence Day Sale | NVMe | SSD | 10Gbps Port - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud | Independence Day Sale | NVMe | SSD | 10Gbps Port

Comments

• @NDTN said:

@vyas11 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@vyas11 said: thought I would post a response to the ticket I raised about drop in GB5 and Disk speeds for my VPS- 1 year later.

I think it's natural for performance to drop as more users are added to the server, since the CPU and IO resources are not dedicated, especially in the case of these cheap "budget" services :smile:

I am aware and concur about performance drop, however, my post was more focused on YABS - and provider's support discouraging it.

Edit: This is an offer thread, not a review thread, so I am collapsing my below comments.

Moreover, now I will be interested in seeing how much further the performance drops as the year progresses. Not that I intended to run benchmarks every now and then. Maybe a month prior to renewal , July 2023, I will run a BM again and that may go in as one of the inputs for renewal decision.

Hello,
    Maybe our staff was not clear about YABS. We dont have any restrictions on testing the performance with YABS, but not recommended to use it frequently as it’s a shared environment and sometimes it might be caught by the anti DDoS system of several datacenters if doing it continuously. Please drop me a PM with your ticket number so I can take a look again with the node. But I think with > 500 GB5 on an Intel Xeon server is not bad. We are monitoring the load on our nodes in real time and all seems fine recently.

Thanks, Have responded by PM.

• Is there a way to enable two-factor authentication in SolusVM? I can't find it. I don't really use SolusVM a lot so I'm not sure where the 2FA options are, or if it even supports it.

• @vyas11 said:

@NDTN said:

@vyas11 said:

@Daniel15 said:

@vyas11 said: thought I would post a response to the ticket I raised about drop in GB5 and Disk speeds for my VPS- 1 year later.

I think it's natural for performance to drop as more users are added to the server, since the CPU and IO resources are not dedicated, especially in the case of these cheap "budget" services :smile:

I am aware and concur about performance drop, however, my post was more focused on YABS - and provider's support discouraging it.

Edit: This is an offer thread, not a review thread, so I am collapsing my below comments.

Moreover, now I will be interested in seeing how much further the performance drops as the year progresses. Not that I intended to run benchmarks every now and then. Maybe a month prior to renewal , July 2023, I will run a BM again and that may go in as one of the inputs for renewal decision.

Hello,
    Maybe our staff was not clear about YABS. We dont have any restrictions on testing the performance with YABS, but not recommended to use it frequently as it’s a shared environment and sometimes it might be caught by the anti DDoS system of several datacenters if doing it continuously. Please drop me a PM with your ticket number so I can take a look again with the node. But I think with > 500 GB5 on an Intel Xeon server is not bad. We are monitoring the load on our nodes in real time and all seems fine recently.

Thanks, Have responded by PM.

sometimes fresh install helps.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • fanfan Veteran

And about the 10-minute limit on CPU usage, the TOS page says 100% means maxing out one full core, how does it apply to plans with multiple vCPU's? @NDTN

• budget uk is out. Amsterdam, NL vs Coventry, UK Location, is there any benefit to have both for cdn servers...

Thanked by 2Mumbly NDTN
  • @s12321 said:
    budget uk is out.

Nice, my 4th GreenCloud vps then.
    Waiting for Bucharest RO next.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @Mumbly said: Waiting for Bucharest RO next.

@NDTN count me in too

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Daniel15 said:
    Is there a way to enable two-factor authentication in SolusVM? I can't find it. I don't really use SolusVM a lot so I'm not sure where the 2FA options are, or if it even supports it.

Unfortunately SolusVM does not support it yet. We have 2FA for WHMCS Client Area now.

@fan said:
    And about the 10-minute limit on CPU usage, the TOS page says 100% means maxing out one full core, how does it apply to plans with multiple vCPU's? @NDTN

Please refer to CPU Usage section here: https://greencloudvps.com/terms-of-service.php
    Normally we are flexible on CPU Usage, just does not abuse it frequently to have negative impact to other customers on the same node.

@marian said:

@Mumbly said: Waiting for Bucharest RO next.

@NDTN count me in too

RO servers should be online in a few days. They have arrived at Bucharest 2 days ago and under Customs clearance now.

Thanked by 2marian Kdeian
  • @NDTN said:
    SJC: We have nodes installed and online. Orders will be delivered within 24-48 hours. We are still waiting for the IPv6 setup from the DC, so in case you need IPv6 you can request that after a few days.

Any updates on IPv6 in SJC?

Thanked by 1szarka

@cyberpunk said:

@NDTN said:
    SJC: We have nodes installed and online. Orders will be delivered within 24-48 hours. We are still waiting for the IPv6 setup from the DC, so in case you need IPv6 you can request that after a few days.

Any updates on IPv6 in SJC?

Should be available this week, we will add the Ipv6 block and send an email once it’s ready.

Thanked by 2cyberpunk szarka
  • @NDTN any budget-kvm-sale for Vietnam location?

• I would love to see 5555 UK/RO/NL again ❤️

Thanked by 1BBTN

@comXyz said:
    @NDTN any budget-kvm-sale for Vietnam location?

We dont have the plan for that now, maybe in the near future with our new DC in Vietnam (still under consideration).

@AXYZE said:
    I would love to see 5555 UK/RO/NL again ❤️

In 2 months, when we celebrate our 9th birthday, there should be similar or better deals ;)

• @NDTN said:

@comXyz said:
    @NDTN any budget-kvm-sale for Vietnam location?

We dont have the plan for that now, maybe in the near future with our new DC in Vietnam (still under consideration).

@AXYZE said:
    I would love to see 5555 UK/RO/NL again ❤️

In 2 months, when we celebrate our 9th birthday, there should be similar or better deals ;)

9999 incoming? 😅
    I hope I can get it, they are always sold almost instantly

• can anyone comment on uptime in their NL location? interested if you're there for a year+ with some uptime tracking.

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited August 2022

Got 14 days of uptime in NL, but also just bought it 14 days ago. Sorry.

Thanked by 2drizbo NDTN
  • Still waiting for BudgetKVMSJC-1 to restock and will get one trienially.

• Will there be any package like the EPYC3-MO (7$/m) in San Jose or other locations?

Missed that one and didn't see any package like that anymore.

@nick_ said:
    Still waiting for BudgetKVMSJC-1 to restock and will get one trienially.

We are still waiting for the IPv6 deployment from the DC, as they are shifting their network to the new 40G equipment, there has been delayed 1-2 weeks already. Once IPv6 is ready, we can add more stocks to our SJC Budget KVM.

@gemini90 said:
    Will there be any package like the EPYC3-MO (7$/m) in San Jose or other locations?

Missed that one and didn't see any package like that anymore.

Unfortunately that plan has been sold out already.

Updates for new locations:
    - Bucharest, RO: our servers are still stuck on Customs, not sure why they require that many documents from both shipper and receiver. Hopefully we will have the servers cleared this week.
    - Buffalo, NY: new servers are online, we will add the plans in the next few hours.

• Thanks for keeping us updated. I might consider getting one in NY instead. You're my fav provider.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Is IPv6 available now in SJ?

• Any Storage deals in near future?

@Kiwi83 said:
    Is IPv6 available now in SJ?

Not yet, we will send out an email to customers once it's ready.

@phucvandinh said:
    Any Storage deals in near future?

We are focusing on the Budget & Premium KVM plans now, we might have storage deals at the end of the year.

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited August 2022

Recently purchased RyzenIL-1 triennially instead. I'm happy with the premium performance. Anyway, I got null routed during yabs the network though. Otherwise, I'd post a yabs result.

• @NDTN said:

We are focusing on the Budget & Premium KVM plans now, we might have storage deals at the end of the year.

Is there going to be storage plans in new locations like San Jose and Kansas?

I think you said you'd have storage offers for 2022 new year offer but it ended up not happening :'(

• LisoLiso Member

@NDTN Any planned restock for budgetkvmsg-3 ? It was there the whole time, but it is currently out of stock.

• MOARRRRRRRRR

Thanked by 2ehab NDTN
  • MOARRRRRRRRR @ehab

Thanked by 2ehab NDTN

@foitin said:

@NDTN said:

Is there going to be storage plans in new locations like San Jose and Kansas?

I think you said you'd have storage offers for 2022 new year offer but it ended up not happening :'(

Not anytime soon, I will see if we can offer something on Black Friday.

@Liso said:
    @NDTN Any planned restock for budgetkvmsg-3 ? It was there the whole time, but it is currently out of stock.

In 2-3 weeks when we have more IP blocks added, currently waiting for the transfer of our /23 IPv4 purchase.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited August 2022

Any chance for premium VPS in San Jose, and premium plans with more RAM and disk space? Something similar to BudgetKVMSJC-3 but with EPYC or Ryzen CPU and NVMe storage. Maybe 8GB RAM and 80GB storage for $80 annually?