Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from PulsedMedia - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from PulsedMedia

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member

FFS @PulsedMedia get your shit straight.
    Ticket user that he has verbose syslog configured for program X, ask him to disable it.
    If no response for longer period - kill the process. If it comes back then disable that thing - crontab, systemd, monit, w/e he runs, update the ticket.
    If no response for even longer period and program is back - block the user.

and you know... disable syslog in first place, just deny it?

Not "hey, you configured verbose logs, fuck you abuser, account banned".
    Did he rekt your node? Sure.
    Did he do it with some crazy means? Fuck no.
    Is this kinda your oversight that people can spam syslog? Fuck yes.

If there is no more history of 'abuse' or shitty behavior of that user you are just fucking assuming everyone is abuser, he probably works for competition and he came here to smear your name. Please, stahp.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@Samael sounds like your still dealiing with that picture my bad! Kinda still on the raw side of things. Maxi pad?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @Samael sounds like your still dealiing with that picture my bad! Kinda still on the raw side of things. Maxi pad?

I have no clue what you're talking about but to me this could be easily fixed with the client before suspension and then "24/7 support" ignorance, but what annoys me here is how easily this guy lie (about the client not prepared to solve issue) and call client "abuser" (while it was clearly honest mistake based on PulsedMedia own wiki ) solely to deflect negative review and not because of actuall issue.

Thanked by 3einverne bulbasaur adly

@PulsedMedia man just do the right thing here! Fix the accident! See this accelerated to leaving a spill on the carpet. Can’t pretreat it now!

Thanked by 1afn

@Samael i get it dude! I was just messing with you.

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @PulsedMedia man just do the right thing here! Fix the accident! See this accelerated to leaving a spill on the carpet. Can’t pretreat it now!

It's common occurrence with this provider.. I'll follow the thread title.. never used PMS service and never will..

Thanked by 1dhardison
  • Another provider that suspends its customer for being vocal and posting his experience, I really don't get the PMS from these people.

Thanked by 2BlaZe darkimmortal
  • mwtmwt Member
    edited June 2022

@NoComment said:
    Also, maybe I understood wrongly but did you somehow manage to write to logs outside of your account? I think that's the part that makes it seem like abuse. I guess making this thread was a bad idea before everything got resolved.

He probably copied a systemd service file with ForwardToSyslog=yes in it.

@JabJab said:
    Did he rekt your node? Sure.
    Did he do it with some crazy means? Fuck no.
    Is this kinda your oversight that people can spam syslog? Fuck yes.

I agree with this. Abuse is the intention to use resources that are inappropriate or trying privilege escalation. Accidentally misconfigurinh a supported program is not abuse.

Maybe just write some basic documentation for using the supported applications. It could save you a lot of headaches. It sounds like you expect everyone to use @reboot, but don't tell them to?

• @PulsedMedia stupid verbose bitch

Thanked by 3BlaZe bulbasaur Pwner
  • @mwt said: He probably copied a systemd service file with ForwardToSyslog=yes in it.

No I did not, what I config is

❯ cat .config/systemd/user/rslsync.service
    [Unit]
    Description=Resilio Sync
    Documentation=man:rslsync

[Service]
    ExecStart=rslsync --config .config/rslsync/rslsync.conf --nodaemon
    Restart=on-failure
    SuccessExitStatus=3 4
    RestartForceExitStatus=3 4

# Hardening
    SystemCallArchitectures=native
    MemoryDenyWriteExecute=true
    NoNewPrivileges=true

[Install]
    WantedBy=default.target

Thanked by 3mwt bulbasaur adly
  • VoidVoid Member

@paijrut said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

It's common occurrence with this provider.. I'll follow the thread title.. never used PMS service and never will..

quite a reputation on Reddit too.

https://reddit.com/r/seedboxes/comments/tc8ece/pulsedmedia_are_banned_from_this_subreddit_for/

• What a joke provider, will steer clear.

Thanked by 2BlaZe dhardison
  • afnafn Member
    edited June 2022

@JabJab said: Ticket user that he has verbose syslog configured for program X, ask him to disable it.
    If no response for longer period - kill the process. If it comes back then disable that thing - > crontab, systemd, monit, w/e he runs, update the ticket.
    If no response for even longer period and program is back - block the user.

PM explained The server was not usable for other users at all, in such situations, you can't just send them a message and wait, you have to suspend the process /the account until it is solved.

@einverne said: And their lasted post shows they support BTSync(1.4 and 2.2)

It appears from what I gathered, OP was not willing to modify his settings, and is using the argument "it is an allowed software, every option of the software should be allowed". (feel free to correct me if I understood him wrong, but that's the argument he seems to use to defend himself)

Definitely, not defending PM, I have no reason to, but OP ain't really that innocent from what I see

@PulsedMedia said: It's rare for someone to refuse to fix their stuff like OP here. Either people know they were abusing, or they are happy to fix whatever was the issue.

From what I get, he was not terminated for posting here, he was terminated due to a conversation that happened via support ticket, where he refused to fix his shit.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited June 2022

@afn said: eel free to correct me if I understood him wrong

Hello, how u doin.

Im pretty certain this gentleman had no idea anything is causing the issues. Read his first post.

I checked the attachment they provided, which I can see that rslsync do log all the connection to logs, but I do not intend to do so.

He said it was not his intention to log it, pretty sure he had no idea it was causing an issue.

But another thing is that this just shows the machines are badly set-up, if some random user can start filling up disk outside of his allocated space and crashes whole server. How could he even know its wasting the disk space? He shouldnt even be able to access those partitions.

And the PMS guy then says the OP "Refused" to fix it, but how can he refuse anything if he was simply kicked out ?

@PulsedMedia So you think this person signed up just to crash your server with overly verbose logging? On purpose? Because that is what you are saying, by accusing him of abuse. So it must be intentional by him.

Thanked by 2afn dhardison
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Take it easy guys. Please don't get personal, let's just stick to the facts. Thank you!

• afnafn Member
    edited June 2022

@drizbo Fine, and you? :smile:

@drizbo said: Im pretty certain this gentleman had no idea anything is causing the issues. Read his first post.

In the first post he had no idea yet he posted the reason in that very first post?

Setup for verbose logging and logging to system daemon causing server root fs to be completely filled. Big CPU usage as well. Needs dedi for this use

All he had to do, reply to support, and get his service unsuspended. problem solved.

And the PMS guy then says the OP "Refused" to fix it, but how can he refuse anything if he was simply kicked out ?

Yeah, but eventually even if the "suspension reason" mentioned in frist post was not enough for him to understand the issue, he ended up knowing where the issue came from, and was made aware of it by ticket according to PM's later reply and OP did not deny it, or say PM lied, right? . There is a part of the conversation missing here, that happened between them after th thread was posted but before full termination. Which is why I insist we don't have the full picture imho.

@drizbo said: So you think this person signed up just to crash your server with overly verbose logging? On purpose? Because that is what you are saying, by accusing him of abuse. So it must be intentional by him.

Nope, they said OP wants to use a feature that overloads CPU and he can't be on shared CPU for that, needs a dedi. Which makes sense.

I have had people rent shared services and transcode videos with scripts non stop and refused to understand that allowing ffmpeg does not mean allowing 24/7 usage. They were not bad/evil, it is just their use case was not fit to shared ressources. And they were simply not convinced they were at the wrong. OP can clarify if he really insisted on using the cpu intensive option, or not and post screenshots of that Ticket that conversation that happened after opening the thread here

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

@afn said: It appears from what I gathered, OP was not willing to modify his settings

This accusation was false. Op was suspended so it's not like he got any chance to modify or not modify his settings. From posted tickets is obvious that PulsedMedia didn't discuss about this with him neither op refused it. PulsedMedia lied about op refusing to edit his settings.

@afn said: From what I get, he was not terminated for posting here, he was terminated due to a conversation that happened via support ticket, where he refused to fix his shit.

He was terminated because of this post. It's not like he could further "abuse" suspended service. PulsedMedia admitted this:

Really sorry for OP, but we have to terminate his services for abuse now.

Thanked by 3BlaZe adly dhardison
  • afnafn Member
    edited June 2022

@Samael said: This accusation was false. Op was suspended so it's not like he got any chance to modify or not modify his settings. From posted tickets is obvious that PulsedMedia didn't discuss about this with him neither op refused it.

Read my reply right before yours.

@Samael said: From posted tickets is obvious that PulsedMedia didn't discuss about this with him neither op refused it.

From posted tickets, but what about unposted ones? Again, PM ofc can't and should not share screenshots, but it seems after the suspension there was an ongoing conversation via tickets where he refused to fix it and OP did not share these. It's up to OP to clarify this point.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

@afn said: From posted, photos, but what about unposted?

Why are you making up things? Do you know about some tickets we don't?

Even PulsedMedia at some point carefully worded that this is how they "feel" about this thing, not a fact that op really refused it.
    Clients refusal to modify settings was lie to deflect negative review.
    Source: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3441443/#Comment_3441443

• foitinfoitin Member

@Samael said:

@afn said: From posted, photos, but what about unposted?

Why are you making up things? Do you know about some tickets we don't?

Paid shill or lack of reading skills :)

• mwtmwt Member

@afn said:
    Nope, they said OP wants to use a feature that overloads CPU and he can't be on shared CPU for that, needs a dedi. Which makes sense.

I have had people rent shared services and transcode videos with scripts non stop and refused to understand that allowing ffmpeg does not mean allowing 24/7 usage. They were not bad/evil, it is just their use case was not fit to shared ressources. And they were simply not convinced they were at the wrong. OP can clarify if he really insisted on using the cpu intensive option, or not and post screenshots of that Ticket that conversation that happened after opening the thread here

He has been very clear that he does not care about this log. Reading the syslog requires root on Linux!!! (correct me if there are any exceptions) This user does not have root access. Obviously, he could not benefit from this logging or even discover that it is happening.

Thanked by 2ralf einverne
  • afnafn Member
    edited June 2022

@Samael said: Why are you making up things? Do you know about some tickets we don't?

PM's reply implies the existence of such. OP did not deny it, yet. Which is why I said

@afn said: It's up to OP to clarify this point.

Read full text before accusing people of making things up :wink:

@Samael said: Clients refusal to modify settings was lie to deflect negative review.

Might be, which is why I said OP has to confirm this.

• ralfralf Member

@mwt said:
    He has been very clear that he does not care about this log. Reading the syslog requires root on Linux!!! (correct me if there are any exceptions) This user does not have root access. Obviously, he could not benefit from this logging or even discover that it is happening.

Actually, you can configure the files to be anywhere you want with with whatever permissions, and even split them out by subsystem.

But I agree with the wider point that the user didn't really know what he was doing, but if he can cause that much havoc on the host from logging, the host was pretty poorly configured.

Shutting down the VM until the owner is aware of the problem and tries to fix or, or offering assistance seems sensible. Terminating their and account and deleting their data because they dare to ask what they've done wrong, less so. But then, I'm a firm believer that whatever the customer has done (other than maybe illegal stuff), a provider should at least stop the VM. Data should never be deleted until the end of the period they've paid up until, even if you feel it's important to stop their VM, at least you ca still have the dialogue about recovering their data.

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited June 2022

@afn said:

@Samael said: Why are you making up things? Do you know about some tickets we don't?

PM's reply implies the existence of such. OP did not deny it, yet. Which is why I said It's up to OP to clarify this point.

Guilty until proven innocent and burden of proof rests on defendant. Wonderful!

What kind of world are you living in?

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

LowEndCourtHouse

• host error
    host forgetting to actually restrict some stuff from happening moment.
    user can do mistakes, doesn't mean you kick their ass out of your service.

• PMS really is PMS.
    From the screenshot and above posts, I would stay far away from any provider who treat clients like this, and also avoid any other providers that support this provider.

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited June 2022
  • @afn said:

@Samael said: This accusation was false. Op was suspended so it's not like he got any chance to modify or not modify his settings. From posted tickets is obvious that PulsedMedia didn't discuss about this with him neither op refused it.

Read my reply right before yours.

@Samael said: From posted tickets is obvious that PulsedMedia didn't discuss about this with him neither op refused it.

From posted tickets, but what about unposted ones? Again, PM ofc can't and should not share screenshots, but it seems after the suspension there was an ongoing conversation via tickets where he refused to fix it and OP did not share these. It's up to OP to clarify this point.

I replied PulsedMedia very soon look for help when I receive the ticket, but I never have a chance to modify the settings, because they had already stopped me access my service, and I wait for an entire day for a reply, and I did not get any response.

• @einverne said:
    So I start to think, did they cheat the customer, we all know JELLYFIN will consume a lot of CPU resources when transcoding, will they suspend user service if one of their customers use JELLYFIN?

Try whatbox.ca. They support btsync as well.

https://whatbox.ca/wiki/Resilio_Sync

I've used them in the past and they're great. One notable feature is that plex streams and SSH don't count towards your bandwidth quota. I've used them for 4K streams without any issue.

Thanked by 3einverne equalz Pwner