Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of Racknerd staff lack basic IT knowledge - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some of Racknerd staff lack basic IT knowledge

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Nekki said: t's unacceptable for moderators to call members cunts unless members can call moderators cunts without fear of reprisal.

I'm a cunt. Satisfied? :blush:

• @Arkas said:

@Nekki said: I frequently do, and it's very disheartening to see the lack of feedback. The least you lot could do is tell me whether you also think the poster is a cunt or not.

I'll let you know, but in some cases, I might tell you you are being the cunt. I am a straight shooter, I'll tell it like it is, and praise you when you're right.

He's probably referring to me, since I started it all.

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

@szymonp said: Not everyone is rich dude

Has nothing to do with being rich... How much does the non-rich smartphone cost you? pretty sure for that same amount of money, you can get a decent used notebook. I just allocate my money differently, I would rather stay with a cheap phone, and give the priority to a laptop. Hence my question, It is a real question, not making fun of anyone's choices here. But If you have to choose between a phone and a laptop, I'd definitely go for a laptop.

For the price of my phone I couls get a shitty laptop that would lag on the desktop and would weight way too much for me to carry

‘Weigh too much for you to carry’?

Fucking millennials.

I think that's really uncalled for because he's at least trying to type english (like cociu did) instead of the recent mjj members who run everything through google translate.

Maybe I brought up the notion of "mjj" in bad taste but my point still stands because the people going against all odds and using a translator usually come onto LET to either turn LET into a support desk or complain about something.

I still fail to see how your initial post is humor. "Fucking millennials" was meant to be a lighthearted joke but I can't see it as such when the precursor is attacking someone's english especially when you are aware english isn't the native language for many members here.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@NoComment said: He's probably referring to me, since I started it all.

No

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited June 2022

@Arkas said:

No

I'm second-guessing myself here because I can't tell if Nekki is serious about flagging my post and the heated debate over the usage of the 'mjj' term that followed. If you're right then turns out I am part of the "humourless fucks" after all.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@NoComment said: I'm second-guessing myself here because I can't tell if Nekki is serious about flagging my post and the heated debate over the usage of the 'mjj' term that followed.

The Mjj term is harder to tackle by definition. While here it has a negative connotation, do people that are 'Mjj' feel offended? I'm not sure yet If it's a negative term (as is used here) or a freeing term (to those falling in that real category as defined)??

• sotssots Member
    edited June 2022

[deleted]

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited June 2022

@Arkas said:

@NoComment said: I'm second-guessing myself here because I can't tell if Nekki is serious about flagging my post and the heated debate over the usage of the 'mjj' term that followed.

The Mjj term is harder to tackle by definition. While here it has a negative connotation, do people that are 'Mjj' feel offended? I'm not sure yet If it's a negative term (as is used here) or a freeing term (to those falling in that real category as defined)??

As far as I know, it's euphemism that hostloc members use to refer to themselves. It's some kind of wordplay in the form of homonyms to mean this.

1. No dick
    2. No machine (vps/server etc.)

I think it's pretty much a meme to the hostloc community but I wouldn't know for sure. I also considered mjjs to be a meme in LET but clearly there is a negative connotation here and people have been offended.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@NoComment said: I think it's pretty much a meme to the hostloc community but I wouldn't know for sure. I also considered mjjs to be a meme in LET but clearly there is a negative connotation here and people have been offended.

I've met online Mjjs that are proud. So who are we to decide If it's a negative or just a description?
    My understanding of it was people who are sexually neutral and IT perfectionists...
    I don't know anymore

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NoComment said:

@Arkas said:

No

I'm second-guessing myself here because I can't tell if Nekki is serious about flagging my post and the heated debate over the usage of the 'mjj' term that followed. If you're right then turns out I am part of the "humourless fucks" after all.

I did flag it, like I flag every instance I see of ‘mjj’ just to see if a moderator does something about it since it’s bordering on casual racism, IMO. Usually they don’t do anything, this time they did, and we received the blessing of entertainment!

Thanked by 1ralf
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Nekki said: blessing of entertainment!

You think I'm funny you cunt???

• @Nekki said:

@NoComment said:

@Arkas said:

No

I did flag it, like I flag every instance I see of ‘mjj’ just to see if a moderator does something about it since it’s bordering on casual racism, IMO. Usually they don’t do anything, this time they did, and we received the blessing of entertainment!

I don't see it as racism, but for now I have accepted that I was indeed a confused cunt. For whatever reason when I first saw your post I assumed you were being a grammar nazi, but turns out you were commenting on his complaints of "heavy" laptops.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@NoComment said:

@Arkas said:

No

I don't see it as racism, but for now I have accepted that I was indeed a confused cunt. For whatever reason when I first saw your post I assumed you were being a grammar nazi, but turns out you were commenting on his complaints of "heavy" laptops.

Absolute millenial-ism at its best. Too fucking heavy to carry, seriously.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Arkas said:

@Nekki said: blessing of entertainment!

You think I'm funny you cunt???

Well done lads, looks like we broke the new moderator.

Thanked by 3afn bulbasaur Erisa
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Nekki said: Well done lads, looks like we broke the new moderator.

You just made a fool of yourself, as you usually do.
    It takes a heck of a lot more to break me, and I can guarantee you you don't have what it takes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Arkas said:

It takes a heck of a lot more to break me, and I can guarantee you you don't have what it takes.

This is an intriguing new moderation tactic. I’m interested to see where it takes us.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited June 2022

@Nekki said: This is an intriguing new moderation tactic. I’m interested to see where it takes us.

To your end.
    You think I wont ban you because of what? Your following?
    The fact that you use them just to get your way?
    You were wrong. Just go ahead, test me. Just test me and do what you always wanted to do. Get burned by a mod so you can be a 'martyr'

• sotssots Member

Off topic: Seems that dustinc didn't double my bandwidth :(

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Arkas said:

@Nekki said: This is an intriguing new moderation tactic. I’m interested to see where it takes us.

To your end.

Which end?

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited June 2022

@sots said:
    Off topic: Seems that dustinc didn't double my bandwidth :(

You should reply in Dustin's activity post to get your BW doubled.
    Also your order needs to match their specified deals.
    "Place an order for any of the below deals, and we will double your bandwidth."

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178275/its-over-heres-this-dont-forget
    "Place an order for any of the below deals, and we will double your bandwidth."

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • adlyadly Veteran

@Arkas said:
    Just go ahead, test me. Just test me and do what you always wanted to do. Get burned by a mod so you can be a 'martyr'

Thanked by 2bulbasaur TimboJones
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

right.....

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2022

@adly said:

Just go ahead, test me. Just test me and do what you always wanted to do. Get burned by a mod so you can be a 'martyr'

JB's value detector is pretty BS, which is why he chose RN as the conduit for increasing LET views and a number of PMSing folks as mods, both of which seem to only have the effect of destroying LET...

Thanked by 2adly dosai
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@stevewatson301 said: both of which seem to only have the effect of destroying LET...

aHoy Steve! Can you see LET's distruction? I can't seem to see it but only in some people's minds!
    Wait, you're right! I see the flying saucers!!!

edited June 2022

@Arkas said:

@stevewatson301 said: both of which seem to only have the effect of destroying LET...

aHoy Steve! Can you see LET's distruction? I can't seem to see it but only in some people's minds!
    Wait, you're right! I see the flying saucers!!!

If you have been around LET in the 2015-2018 era (although some folks would say LET's destruction had already started by that point), you'd know that there was a lot more interesting discussions around here.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, members who were active as recently as 2020-21 don't frequent as often. Things have been so bad, JB has sent emails to individual forum members asking them to come back and be more active in this forum.

If that's not destruction, I don't know what is.

Thanked by 3adly dosai afn
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@stevewatson301 said: If that's not destruction, I don't know what is.

Death. Total death my friend.
    Here, we are still alive, we still disagree and get new info!
    There are 'factions' here. Some are stupid (IMO), some make sense. At the end of the day...Remember why you are still here! Why we are still here!!

• adlyadly Veteran
    edited June 2022

@stevewatson301 said:
    JB's value detector is pretty BS, which is why he chose RN as the conduit for increasing LET views and a number of PMSing folks as mods, both of which seem to only have the effect of destroying LET...

Mod for 72 hours and already lost their shit. :#

Thanked by 2dosai bulbasaur
    edited June 2022

@Arkas said: There are 'factions' here. Some are stupid (IMO), some make sense. At the end of the day...Remember why you are still here! Why we are still here!!

The high value members are long gone, and I can see other potential high value members being content with clicking thanks on threads but rarely posting stuff. (No, and I don’t consider myself to be a high value member either.)

I don’t know how you can’t see it.

Thanked by 1afn
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@adly said: Mod for 72 hours and already lost their shit. :#

Interesting. Maybe you can do better??

• @Arkas said:

That sounded like a challenge.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur afn
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: That sounded like a challenge.

It is.