Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some of Racknerd staff lack basic IT knowledge - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some of Racknerd staff lack basic IT knowledge

Comments

• afnafn Member
    edited June 2022

@szymonp said: Not everyone is rich dude

Has nothing to do with being rich... How much does the non-rich smartphone cost you? pretty sure for that same amount of money, you can get a decent used notebook. I just allocate my money differently, I would rather stay with a cheap phone, and give the priority to a laptop. Hence my question, It is a real question, not making fun of anyone's choices here. But If you have to choose between a phone and a laptop, I'd definitely go for a laptop.

here is 1 reason why:

@lowendclient said: Now I totally gave up that idea since my eyes became weaker and blur on watching small screen.

• having access to a real keyboard (not touch) is another factor imho.

Also, the point I am arguing about here is: If I wanted to make such post, and I didn't have access to my computer, I would not post, simply. I will wait till I have access to my computer, or I won't post at all. I just don't have the patience to browse from such a small screen, and do things I can do with 3 clicks, in 10 swipes. So what kind of patience and superpower do these people who browse from phones have!

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@afn said:

Also, the point I am arguing about here is: If I wanted to make such post, and I didn't have access to my computer, I would not post, simply. I will wait till I have access to my computer, or I won't post at all. I just don't have the patience to browse from such a small screen, and do things I can do with 3 clicks, in 10 swipes. So what kind of patience and superpower do these people who browse from phones have!

I do virtually everything from my phone and have absolutely no patience.

Your move.

Thanked by 1archbeard
  • If you're asking for technical support on a unmanaged vps, sounds like the issue is bigger than the host.

• @afn said:

Has nothing to do with being rich... How much does the non-rich smartphone cost you? pretty sure for that same amount of money, you can get a decent used notebook. I just allocate my money differently, I would rather stay with a cheap phone, and give the priority to a laptop. Hence my question, It is a real question, not making fun of anyone's choices here. But If you have to choose between a phone and a laptop, I'd definitely go for a laptop.

For the price of my phone I couls get a shitty laptop that would lag on the desktop and would weight way too much for me to carry

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

For the price of my phone I couls get a shitty laptop that would lag on the desktop and would weight way too much for me to carry

‘Weigh too much for you to carry’?

Fucking millennials.

• @Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

I think that's really uncalled for because he's at least trying to type english (like cociu did) instead of the recent mjj members who run everything through google translate.

• @szymonp said:

@afn said:

You might want to consider following @yoursunny to do push ups..

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

I think that's really uncalled for because he's at least trying to type english (like cociu did) instead of the recent mjj members who run everything through google translate.

Your opinion is noted, but ignored.

I think it’s uncalled for that you choose to besmirch those who have no English language skills but still want participate in this community, without any reason whatsoever. Disgusting in fact. Reported.

• @paijrut said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

You might want to consider following @yoursunny to do push ups..

I can carry it, just it is heavy and not comfortable...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

I think the use of the MJJ term is getting out of hand, can we please stop it for once? It targets a particular nationality.

Thanked by 1mwt
  • sotssots Member

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

Some of community members are not English native users. It may be hard for them to speak 'authentic' English. They try their best to make others understand what they want to express.

• sotssots Member

@MikePT said:

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

I think the use of the MJJ term is getting out of hand, can we please stop it for once? It targets a particular nationality.

I often see the term 'mjj' in the community. What's the meaning of 'mjj'?

• @sots said:

@MikePT said:

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

Chinese people

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@szymonp said:

@sots said:

@MikePT said:

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

Chinese people

No that’s not correct.

It is term used to describe a specific group of Chinese VPS enthusiasts. It is typically used on LET in a derogatory manner to address anyone suspected of being part of this group of enthusiasts.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@sots said:

@MikePT said:

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

Chinese people

No that’s not correct.

It is term used to describe a specific group of Chinese VPS enthusiasts. It is typically used on LET in a derogatory manner to address anyone suspected of being part of this group of enthusiasts.

This is what I meant guys ^, so please let's stop :-)

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2022

@MikePT said: so please let's stop

Why bother, when direct attacks on members, calling them c*nts is allowed?!! It's just juvenile-minded individuals having fun. :( LET's just call them scum instead (both sides of the GFW). >:)

@AlwaysSkint said:

Why bother, when direct attacks on members, calling them c*nts is allowed?!! It's just juvenile-minded individuals having fun. :( LET's just call them scum instead (both sides of the GFW). >:)

We need to start somewhere! :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AlwaysSkint said:

Yeah, SCUMCUNTS!

Thanked by 2TimboJones bulbasaur
  • @Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Yeah, SCUMCUNTS!

is this like shrimp on a barbie?

• ralfralf Member

@CheepCluck said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Yeah, SCUMCUNTS!

It could be if you leave it long enough.

• @CheepCluck said:

Ken?

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2022

MJJ calling will stop when these MJJs stop abusing everything.

which is never 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @MikePT said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@sots said:

@MikePT said:

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

Chinese people

No that’s not correct.

The mod team is remarkably lax when it comes moderation of complaint threads/posts, but has their panties in a bunch whenever someone comes up with a response that characterizes said complaint threads.

If you want to stop folks here from using such terms, the best way would be to prevent the root cause.

• @TimboJones said:

@CheepCluck said:

Ken?

Barbie Jones? How you doin baby. Been a minute.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited June 2022

@stevewatson301 said: The mod team is remarkably lax when it comes moderation of complaint threads/posts, but has their panties in a bunch whenever someone comes up with a response that characterizes said complaint threads.

Steve, I am online quite a bit. As soon as I see something flagged I'm on it faster than a condom on a ****! (as @Nekki might say)I've obviously been on both sides, and now looking at things from the inside of the way LET is run, I can tell you that the mods/admins are very dedicated.
    If you feel something isn't going right, just PM me If you want to, and I'll do my best to either take action or forward it to where it belongs.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@stevewatson301 said:

@MikePT said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@sots said:

@MikePT said:

@NoComment said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@afn said:

Fucking millennials.

Chinese people

No that’s not correct.

The mod team is remarkably lax when it comes moderation of complaint threads/posts, but has their panties in a bunch whenever someone comes up with a response that characterizes said complaint threads.

If you want to stop folks here from using such terms, the best way would be to prevent the root cause.

In all fairness they are often quick to tell me when I'm generating more flags than they can handle. Of course, the reality is they should simply be banning the snowflakes and humourless fucks and then we wouldn't have an issue.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Nekki said: they should simply be banning the snowflakes and humourless fucks

Flag and we shall see!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Arkas said:

@Nekki said: they should simply be banning the snowflakes and humourless fucks

Flag and we shall see!

I frequently do, and it's very disheartening to see the lack of feedback. The least you lot could do is tell me whether you also think the poster is a cunt or not.

Thanked by 3ralf TimboJones Marx
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Nekki said: I frequently do, and it's very disheartening to see the lack of feedback. The least you lot could do is tell me whether you also think the poster is a cunt or not.

I'll let you know, but in some cases, I might tell you you are being the cunt. I am a straight shooter, I'll tell it like it is, and praise you when you're right.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Arkas said:

@Nekki said: I frequently do, and it's very disheartening to see the lack of feedback. The least you lot could do is tell me whether you also think the poster is a cunt or not.

I'll let you know, but in some cases, I might tell you you are being the cunt. I am a straight shooter, I'll tell it like it is, and praise you when you're right.

It's unacceptable for moderators to call members cunts unless members can call moderators cunts without fear of reprisal.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur adly