Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for testers of our new UK VPN Service (OpenVPN based)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for testers of our new UK VPN Service (OpenVPN based)

HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

Hello everyone!

We are hoping to get some friendly but honest feedback on our OpenVPN based VPN network that we are going to be launching in the coming months. Initially our services (like our hosting) will be focused on UK located services and then expanding out to other locations. What we want to do is not rush anything so we can take a good look at how the network/server setup, etc handles and if goes well it will be a template going forward to other locations.

We are looking for up to 50 users (this might increase depending on our tests), you will need to register an account on our website but we will DM all the details to those that get selected based on the below requirements :smile:

Tester Requirements
Nice and simple, you must have been a LET member for longer than 1 year, have at least made 50 comments and to opt-in just reply to this thread with "HELP BUILD A BETTER VPN SERVICE"
Please allow 1-2 business days for us to DM you, if we don't DM you we may have reached our tester limit or just being a little slow :wink:

Little bit about the VPN setup
As this is early stages of our VPN service, we are relying on OpenVPN/3rd Party apps for desktop and mobile (plans are on our roadmap for our own apps), you will be able to download a .ovpn file to use on any supported client you want. We have spent a good amount focusing on the hardware/networks with 10Gbps networks plugged directly in to be able to handle the traffic load (no shared networks here).
Each VPN account can have up to 10 devices connected at one time, so free feel to add to all your devices. There is no logging, we won't track you usage or how you use the VPN, the only "logs" is a user reference with the number of connected devices and that is it. You can track the number of connected devices via our client portal.

What you get out of being a tester
Apart from helping us, you will be able to use the VPN for an entire month for free, once you have provided your feedback and we have gone live with our product in the future you will be emailed a one-time code for a large recurring discount code for the VPN service :smiley:

High-Level Roadmap
* Dedicated IP/Instances for a single VPN location
* Reseller features
* Provide a WireGuard alternative
* VPN Desktop Apps (Windows & MacOS)
* VPN Mobile Apps (Android & iOS)

Thanks in advanced and look forward to working with you :smile:

Thanked by 1Grufunkel

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

HELP BUILD A BETTER VPN SERVICE

Thanked by 1HostMedia
  • brejskibrejski Member

Thanked by 1HostMedia
  • HELP BUILD A BETTER VPN SERVICE

Thanked by 1HostMedia
  • Just curious, why OpenVPN? Wireguard is much more performant for most usecases.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@LiliLabs said:
    Just curious, why OpenVPN? Wireguard is much more performant for most usecases.

I was awaiting this very comment, bravo!

Thanked by 1HostMedia
  • HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

@LiliLabs said:
    Just curious, why OpenVPN? Wireguard is much more performant for most usecases.

We have been working with OpenVPN for some time and already had the basis of our VPN network so wanted to kick off with that first, but as per the roadmap, Wireguard will be implemented :smile:

• abtdwabtdw Member

@abtdw said:

Sorry but users need to be on LET for at least 1 year and see you joined: November 2021

Thanks for your interest!

• abtdwabtdw Member

My bad. Sorry. LET got me lost in time!

@abtdw said:
    My bad. Sorry. LET got me lost in time!

No worries at all :smile: LET does that to ya!

• rootedrooted Member

Thanked by 1HostMedia
  • tmepytmepy Member
    edited May 2022

I don't deserve this @Nekki

@tmepy said:
    Yikes, two more months for me but still lol

We will keep you in mind as there is always a chance our testing period will extend for a couple months - you never know :wink:

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said:

Sir, it pains me to say this, but you are very close to being considered a disgrace to this fine community. When a provider politely requests that certain conditions be met in order to apply for an offer, and you blatantly and brazenly disregard those conditions, you embarrass us all. I request you remove your application forthwith, lest you bring further shame on this place.

• tmepytmepy Member
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

Sir, it pains me to say this, but you are very close to being considered a disgrace to this fine community. When a provider politely requests that certain conditions be met in order to apply for an offer, and you blatantly and brazenly disregard those conditions, you embarrass us all. I request you remove your application forthwith, lest you bring further shame on this place.

Okay, Sir Nekki. Will make sure it never happens again

• ermyasermyas Member

• jdjxjdjx Member

It seems I should post more comments.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

Okay, Sir Nekki. Will make sure it never happens again

Sir, I knew righteousness would win through and you would do what was right, this is a glorious, glorious day indeed young Sir, glorious indeed!

Thanked by 1tmepy

@ermyas said:

Sorry but you need to have at least 50 comments but thank you for the interest.

@jdjx said:
    It seems I should post more comments.

Only 31 to go, just don't go spamming thread :wink:

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Seriously, do you all have fucking brain damage or something?

Thanked by 1HostMedia

@Nekki said:

Think some people are just too excited... well hopefully that is the reason :smile:

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ermyas said:
    HURR ME GONNA IGNORE REQUEST

TWAT

@jdjx said:
    I’m going to post something anyway and hope I can still get something

TWAT

@abtdw said:
    I wander through life paying no attention to anything

TWAT

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@HostMedia said:

@Nekki said:

Think some people are just too excited... well hopefully that is the reason :smile:

They’re all hoping you won’t notice, or they’re TWATS.

@Nekki said:
    They’re all hoping you won’t notice, or they’re TWATS.

Yeah, we don't normally miss such things and the rules are for fairness and to get active (as much as possible) LET users :smiley:

Thanked by 1HostMedia
  • adlyadly Veteran

Thanked by 1HostMedia
  • @Nekki said:

Thanked by 1serv_ee
  • GrufunkelGrufunkel Member
    edited May 2022

Hope you find the testers you need. Good luck!