Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other American based businesses being booted from CoinPayments? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any other American based businesses being booted from CoinPayments?

Comments

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

@Hxxx said:

@xTom said:

@Hxxx said:
    I... Imagine that there is no point in supporting all coins. You can use an exchange and easily swap from one to another. I.E. A to USDT, USDT to BTC , transfer to wallet. Pay.

You can't imagine that how many customers use the exchange as their wallets, they don't know and they are not willing to exchange USDT to BTC.

Another reason is when they try to buy some products like $5, it's hard to exchange USDT to BTC worth $5 anywhere.

Well USDT is an ethereum token. Swapping into WrappedBTC (WBTC) which is the one in ethereum network should be easy. -or any other token ERC20

However I think this BTCpayserver doesn't run anything ethereum related.
    But a counter to the proposed problem is that it should be simple to swap BTC to LTC. Pay with LTC, which is great for smaller transactions. There is also BCH which fits the role.

To be honest if someone is paying with crypto because he/she thinks it provides privacy (which in most cases it doesn't provides privacy) then they aren't probably using BTC, ETH or any other plain-text transparent ledger blockchain anyway.

If people are using Crypto to pay, is expected that the customer should know how to do all these conversions.

Not everyone is as smart as you are, some customers even don't know they should wait for confirmation when sending payment with cryptocurrency like BTC....

In most case, it's just a payment method for them.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Lolpayments closing my account. So sad. Coinbase is far more polished and professional, it was a pleasure to convert so long ago.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

I was never a fan of Coinpayments. Using Coinify since 2015. Never a single problem. It works.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited July 2022

@dustinc said:

@Francisco said:

Yes, you should leave it there, because it doesn't work :)

Besides, it requires the legacy btcpay API, which I'm not even sure you can enable on newer installs of btcpayserver these days.

Given the screenshots i've seen of the paid WHMCS modules, they rely on the legacy API as well.

Francisco

That makes sense, I'd say it's safe to say GitHub will be updated here shortly ;)

Repo was last updated on Nov 29, 2019. Issues from 2020 say it no longer worked with latest whmcs.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

For all those affected, this site https://enot.io/ may be useful. It is a company registered in Russia, which allows to accept several popular cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, etc.), PerfectMoney, as well as many payment methods popular in Russia (Russian bank cards, qiwi, etc.). As far as I know, they are not under any sanctions, and follow only UN and Russian sanctions. They support withdrawal to PerfectMoney, USDT and to a bank account in Russia.

• RazzaRazza Member

@rustelekom said: It is a company registered in Russia

The post is about Coinpayments discontinuing services to US clients, without looking into Enot they might or might be a viable replacement but with the current situation with Russia, I doubt many US business are going to consider any Russian company and especially not for anything payment wise.

Thanked by 3adly bulbasaur kasodk

What situation are you referring to? Who wants to work - works in Russia and anywhere in the world.
    Yes, SWIFT withdrawal because of foreign banks sabotage is not real, but I specifically mention PerfectMoney and USDT as withdrawal methods.
    But, I did miss the important point from TS that he was looking for a solution for Americans - that's my fault, yes, sorry about that.

• emgemg Veteran

@rustelekom said:
    What situation are you referring to? Who wants to work - works in Russia and anywhere in the world.
    Yes, SWIFT withdrawal because of foreign banks sabotage is not real, but I specifically mention PerfectMoney and USDT as withdrawal methods.
    But, I did miss the important point from TS that he was looking for a solution for Americans - that's my fault, yes, sorry about that.

Your view of Russia may differ from the view of others here, including those in the USA. It is safe to say that most people and businesses in the USA want to avoid doing business or financial transactions with persons or entities affiliated with Russia at the present time.

IMPORTANT:
    The paragraph above contains statements of basic facts only. No political discussion is desired, nor warranted in this thread. If you wish to make political comments, do not post them here. Instead, go to this thread:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177624/the-russia-vs-ukraine-thread-lets-not-derail-other-threads/

Thanked by 2adly kasodk
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2022

BTCPayServer works quite well. I just finished up the module a little bit ago and will be kicking a copy to @MannDude and a few others to help test.

The only part I wish I could handle better would be partial payments. At the moment a partial payment doesn't get applied to an invoice to WHMCS since the webhook sends the value paid in crypto, not USD, so there could be issues when amounts are converted/rounded.

For now a user that does a partial payment will have to ticket to alert us and then we apply the credit, the same thing that happens when a partial payment is made on coinpayments.

Past that, the API works well and I made good use of their BTC Testnet Live Demo. I grabbed some BTC testnet coins off a public faucet and had things tied up pretty quick.

Neat.

Francisco

Thanked by 4adly MannDude SinV taizi

disregard that, there's an endpoint that documents the price agreed upon per invoice for each currency it supports. Partial payments are now nicely documented in WHMCS.

Neat.

Francisco

Thanked by 2adly MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks @Francisco - Will likely put the module in production this weekend.

We're still getting some payments processed by CoinPayments at this time, I assume, from non-US residents. For those impacted by their new restrictions and can't make payment, just ping us and we'll either extend your due date to allow payment to be made through the new gateway or arrange something else for you.

I'd apologize for the inconvenience but that's really CoinPayment's fault for the lack of notice.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Any plans to slip us some files Fran? Worth an ask :)

@chria838373 said:
    Any plans to slip us some files Fran? Worth an ask :)

I don't know who you are :)

I've shared the files with a dozen or so hosts at this point.

Francisco

• edited July 2022

@MannDude and anyone else in this thread impacted by CoinPayments exit from the US - Sorry to hear about your poor experience with CoinPayments. We are helping businesses just like yours who have been left frustrated and without a crypto payment solution by the abrupt exit. Business must go one and we can help you out quickly. CoinSmart (CoinSmart.com) is a Canadian registered, public and fully regulated company that provides crypto payment processing for businesses - we are trusted, transparent, secure and reliable. Would love to connect with you to show you how quickly we can get you set up with our product SmartPay. Shoot me a message!

• FoulFoul Member

@CoinSmart_SmartPay said: @MannDude and anyone else in this thread impacted by CoinPayments exit from the US - Sorry to hear about your poor experience with CoinPayments. We are helping businesses just like yours who have been left frustrated and without a crypto payment solution by the abrupt exist. Business must go one and we can help you out quickly. CoinSmart (CoinSmart.com) is a Canadian registered, public and fully regulated company that provides crypto payment processing for businesses - we are trusted, transparent, secure and reliable. Would love to connect with you to show you how quickly we can get you set up with our product SmartPay. Shoot me a message!

Your fees are a joke, You seem to be a trading platform, not targeted for businesses, no API available for folks to make billing modules etc

Perhaps you should read the thread before posting.

• edited July 2022

@Foul CoinSmart is a fully regulated exchange, OTC, and crypto payment processor. Our fees for crypto payment processing are low and more competitive that CoinPayments. The SmartPay solution has full APIs and SDK ready for quick integration. It offers out of the box email invoicing, in person payments, and APIs allowing businesses to integrate their existing payment experiences, make billing modules, ecommerce checkouts, etc. We already service many businesses today, including some of those that have been impacted by CoinPayments exit.

• FoulFoul Member

@CoinSmart_SmartPay said: CoinSmart is a fully regulated exchange, OTC, and crypto payment processor. Our fees for crypto payment processing are low and more competitive that CoinPayments. The SmartPay solution has full APIs and SDK ready for quick integration. It offers out of the box email invoicing, in person payments, and APIs allowing businesses to integrate their existing payment experiences, make billing modules, ecommerce checkouts, etc. We already service many businesses today, including some of those that have been impacted by CoinPayments exit.

There's no reference to any API/SDK documentation on your website whatsoever for SmartPay, perhaps it's gated by creating an account, but one shouldn't have to create an account to see that.

• @Foul said:

@CoinSmart_SmartPay said: CoinSmart is a fully regulated exchange, OTC, and crypto payment processor. Our fees for crypto payment processing are low and more competitive that CoinPayments. The SmartPay solution has full APIs and SDK ready for quick integration. It offers out of the box email invoicing, in person payments, and APIs allowing businesses to integrate their existing payment experiences, make billing modules, ecommerce checkouts, etc. We already service many businesses today, including some of those that have been impacted by CoinPayments exit.

There's no reference to any API/SDK documentation on your website whatsoever for SmartPay, perhaps it's gated by creating an account, but one shouldn't have to create an account to see that.

We are updating our website to make the documentation more accessible. The API/SDK is open and online, check it here: http://smartpay-docs.coinsmart.com/#introduction

@CoinSmart_SmartPay said:
    @Foul CoinSmart is a fully regulated exchange

That doesn't seem to be much of a selling point anymore. "Fully regulated", to me, just means end users who value their privacy are going to be negatively impacted at some point in the future as updated regulatory requirements get pushed out, with or without notice.

edited July 2022

Means fuck all given 3 arrows and a bunch of other things like that. Just means "we filled out the bankruptcy papers" instead of none at all.

The ol' tried and tested "not your keys, not your bitcoin" works well here.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • MrNaifMrNaif Member
    edited July 2022

Hi everyone! I am late as always, but just wanted to add that BitcartCC has a working (and free of course) whmcs plugin: https://github.com/bitcartcc/whmcs-plugin

You can accept BTC, LTC, BCH, ETH (erc-20), BNB (bep-20) with BitcartCC with an unified API.

We would be happy to help you migrate off coinpayments!

P.S. @Foul could you please tell where is btcpay more advanced, so that we could improve in that aspect?

@MrNaif said:
    Hi everyone! I am late as always, but just wanted to add that BitcartCC has a working (and free of course) whmcs plugin: https://github.com/bitcartcc/whmcs-plugin

You can accept BTC, LTC, BCH, ETH (erc-20), BNB (bep-20) with BitcartCC with an unified API.

We would be happy to help you migrate off coinpayments!

P.S. @Foul could you please tell where is btcpay more advanced, so that we could improve in that aspect?

Looks like it's just a fork of BTCPayServer per the documentation that is practically a word for word copy of their official docs: https://docs.bitcartcc.com vs https://docs.btcpayserver.org/Deployment/

Thanked by 1Foul
  • MrNaifMrNaif Member

Well it's not if you just try to actually use the project and open it for a second...
    The thing is, both are payment processors (but we are also an unique development platform), and installation method is mostly the same-via docker, so some things will be common
    Check out the walkthough page

• Isn't this territorial discrimination?

@MrNaif said:
    Well it's not if you just try to actually use the project and open it for a second...
    The thing is, both are payment processors (but we are also an unique development platform), and installation method is mostly the same-via docker, so some things will be common
    Check out the walkthough page

Your project isn't based on BTCPayServer? You're using literally the same documentation and images as they are:

vs

• MrNaifMrNaif Member

Now open https://admin.bitcartcc.com and try the actual project. Or read https://sdk.bitcartcc.com and check the SDK which btcpay doesn't have. Or check the languages used to write the project at https://github.com/bitcartcc/bitcart (spoiler: python). Deployment is the least important thing which is indeed common and simplified, as docker allows us to avoid building on host machines

• emgemg Veteran

Has anyone seen an explanation of the reasoning behind CoinPayments decisions about which countries are on the "boot list"? There is usually some discernable logic, but the choice of countries here does not fit to any known pattern that I can see.

Thanked by 1MannDude

@emg said:

@rustelekom said:

They just don't want to work with certain countries. I don't know exactly their reasons, but it's likely that the U.S. IRS can get them and some of their clients in trouble.

Thanked by 1emg
  • tickticktiticktickti Member
    edited July 2022

Sadly, it's a common occurrence. For offshore crypto businesses, the USA is risky as Syria or Iran. Not because of the high risk of money laundering, but because the regulations are too strict. Regulations are becoming stronger every year, small companies like CoinPayments doesn't have capacity to pay huge fines.

https://theblock.co/linked/112139/robinhoods-crypto-30-million-fine-anti-money-laundering-probe

https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/financial-sanctions/recent-actions/20210218

Remind Bitpay's shit KYC policy. There is no choice.

ps. In the United States, there are states like Delaware and Wyoming which have 0% corporate tax, so they are informally considered tax havens like the Cayman Islands and the Bahamas. Although not on the EU or other blacklists because of US superpowers, financial institutions sometimes reject US customers.

• mwtmwt Member
    edited July 2022

@ticktickti said:
    ps. In the United States, there are states like Delaware and Wyoming which have 0% corporate tax, so they are informally considered tax havens like the Cayman Islands and the Bahamas. Although not on the EU or other blacklists because of US superpowers, financial institutions sometimes reject US customers.

Except not at all because you have to pay federal taxes. Many countries have lower corporate tax burdens than Delaware and Wyoming (eg. UK).

Thanked by 1bulbasaur