Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other American based businesses being booted from CoinPayments? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any other American based businesses being booted from CoinPayments?

Comments

• FoulFoul Member

@MannDude said: I already have a BTCPay install setup from their previous shenigans. Only issue is we have a lot of customers who pay with non-supported coins, namely OXEN since it's used in the LokiNet / Session Private Messenger community, but also some more obscure alt-coins.

Ah, fair enough. There's always the bitcartcc alternative, but btcpay is more advanced.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

I received a response just now on Linkedin from a biz dev for CoinPayments

"Hey Dustin. Thanks for reaching out. I have confirmed that was an error in some geo coding it will be fixed asap. Appreciate you reaching out."

I just have a strong feeling, he isn't aware yet. As everyone I've talked to is impacted by this.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2022

@MannDude @Francisco Does a big portion of your business comes from crypto payments? Would it impact big time your business if for instance there were no way to pay with crypto?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Hxxx said:
    @MannDude @Francisco Does a big portion of your business comes from crypto payments? Would it impact big time your business if for instance there were no way to pay with crypto?

50%, give or take.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Hxxx said:

We get a chunk on crypto but it isn't a make/break for us.

I promised @manndude and a few others to build a btcpayserver module when the 1st scare happened. We weren't grouped into that notification so I didn't spend that much time building it out.

Now that it seems they are going forward and kicking everyone connecting from the USA, I'll have no choice but to spend time building out the module.

There is paid modules for btcpayserver but I'm not in a big rush to buy those. I'm fairly certain I can build a module within a few hours. Our billing agreements module only took a couple days to get done.

Francisco

Yes, you should leave it there, because it doesn't work :)

Besides, it requires the legacy btcpay API, which I'm not even sure you can enable on newer installs of btcpayserver these days.

Given the screenshots i've seen of the paid WHMCS modules, they rely on the legacy API as well.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Foul MannDude
  • FoulFoul Member

@Francisco said: Given the screenshots i've seen of the paid WHMCS modules, they rely on the legacy API as well.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Coinbase Commerce has still been great for me... but I run my site on DirectAdmin now and for some reason the Coinbase WHMCS module automation don't work after I moved, something I've not been able to find the cause of for like two months.

edited July 2022

@Francisco said:

Besides, it requires the legacy btcpay API, which I'm not even sure you can enable on newer installs of btcpayserver these days.

Given the screenshots i've seen of the paid WHMCS modules, they rely on the legacy API as well.

Francisco

That makes sense, I'd say it's safe to say GitHub will be updated here shortly ;)

The bigger issue with btcpayserver at the moment is it doesn't support ETH, so that's a real kick in the pants if that's your thing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • taizitaizi Member
    edited July 2022

@MannDude said: BTCPayServer should be fine for BitCoin, Monero, Doge and LiteCoin at least, I guess.

i suggest add support for these coins:BTC BCH LTC XMR DOGE XRP ETH USDC

and also some stablecoins I liked:usdt(trc20/bep20) busd(bep20)

@taizi said:

@MannDude said: BTCPayServer should be fine for BitCoin, Monero, Doge and LiteCoin at least, I guess.

Adding coins to btcpayserver is pretty involved.

On BuyVM, btcpayserver covers everything expect Ethereum. I'll do some thinking to see if I can make something for that.

Francisco

Thanked by 1taizi
  • xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

Francisco

We use this one, they use the latest API

image.png

• @taizi said:

I suggest you ask the developers of BTCPayServer.

• HxxxHxxx Member

I... Imagine that there is no point in supporting all coins. You can use an exchange and easily swap from one to another. I.E. A to USDT, USDT to BTC , transfer to wallet. Pay.

@xTom said: We use this one, they use the latest API

That's the legacy API if it's using the 'pairing' system.

All public API documents are using the 'greenfield API', which uses a Token you generate in /account/apikeys. There's mentions of an Invoice API, but i'm not sure if that's a restricted greenfield API, or if that still uses the Bitpay API. All a bit confusing :)

@Hxxx said: I... Imagine that there is no point in supporting all coins. You can use an exchange and easily swap from one to another. I.E. A to USDT, USDT to BTC , transfer to wallet. Pay.

Right, given the majority of the coins can just disappear and now you own $0.00001 of LUNA. I think keeping to the old guards a good play. I'd like to get ETH from the get go but if I can cover the rest that's good enough for now.

Francisco

edited July 2022

@Hxxx said:
    I... Imagine that there is no point in supporting all coins. You can use an exchange and easily swap from one to another. I.E. A to USDT, USDT to BTC , transfer to wallet. Pay.

Well we accept / accepted: XMR, BTC/BCH/BTC.LN, LTC, ETH/ETC, DASH, DOGE, FIRO, OXEN, SHIB, and ZEC.

Moving forward may just narrow it down to BTC, LTC, XMR and request users convert misc coins to one of those. Most payments are XMR anyway, so should be fine without much inconvenience for others. We support a lot of alts, but some are from single user requests.

About a month ago I started to bitch about CoinPayment's removal of their conversion function. Before, they made it incredibly simple to convert, say, XMR to LTC. I did this every month to pay off some of our operational costs since I could pay my upstream in NL with LTC, but not XMR, for example. Also handy to auto-convert the alts to something more 'stable' (if that is even a thing).

Should have seen the writing on the wall that this day would come. The premature blockage that originally prompted this thread, the new and apparently outsourced and useless support, the removal of a key function of the platform and rumors heard. Sort of my fault for thinking a company may actually give advanced notice to merchants.

But hey, perhaps this is a good thing. Moving to BTCPayServer seems like the right thing to do. I was using it in a dev instance and it seems pretty well done and mature of a project, and I like the idea we now get to cut out the middleman and that we'll be in a place where we can't fall victim of regulatory whims or exit scams. We'll save on fees and hopefully, long term, save on headache.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited July 2022

Btw I don't know for sure if this is accepting US customers but I don't see anything about them not doing it either:
    https://nowpayments.io/

This is from the pretty reputable people at https://changenow.io/ who are a fairly well known non-custodial exchange.

I have no affiliation with them or their products and I'm not endorsing them but it could be an option for anyone who doesn't want to fuck around with BTCpay

@Setsura said:
    Btw I don't know for sure if this is accepting US customers but I don't see anything about them not doing it either:
    https://nowpayments.io/

This is from the pretty reputable people at https://changenow.io/ who are a fairly well known non-custodial exchange.

I have no affiliation with them or their products and I'm not endorsing them but it could be an option for anyone who doesn't want to fuck around with BTCpay

Interesting. WHMCS module doesn't seem to support 8.X, but that's possibly an easy fix or could work out of the box but just may not be tested. https://nowpayments.io/whmcs-plugin

Bookmarked for future review. May use it for alt-coin support but still do main and our common coins in-house.

• @MannDude said:
    Interesting. WHMCS module doesn't seem to support 8.X, but that's possibly an easy fix or could work out of the box but just may not be tested. https://nowpayments.io/whmcs-plugin

Bookmarked for future review. May use it for alt-coin support but still do main and our common coins in-house.

If you ask them as a potential user of it they might fix the module, they've generally been nice enough in my experience dealing with them on the exchange side.

Btw would you be selling(or open sourcing) the module you end up making @Francisco?

edited July 2022

@Francisco said:

@xTom said: We use this one, they use the latest API

That's the legacy API if it's using the 'pairing' system.

The BTCPay server module for Hostbill is still using the oldest legacy API, and it's still working

image.png
    image.png

The WHMCS module does not use this "Legacy API"

@Hxxx said:

You can't imagine that how many customers use the exchange as their wallets, they don't know and they are not willing to exchange USDT to BTC.

Another reason is when they try to buy some products like $5, it's hard to exchange USDT to BTC worth $5 anywhere.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited July 2022

@xTom said:
    Another reason is when they try to buy some products like $5, it's hard to exchange USDT to BTC worth $5 anywhere.

https://fixedfloat.com/ goes down to like two or three dollars. Though if they're sending USDT on ethereum the transaction fee is probably going to be a lot more than that.

@Setsura said:

@xTom said:

https://fixedfloat.com/ goes down to like two or three dollars. Though if they're sending USDT on ethereum the transaction fee is probably going to be a lot more than that.

That's the reason the customers are not willing to exchange their USDT to BTC when ordering services around $5

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2022

@xTom said:

@Hxxx said:

You can't imagine that how many customers use the exchange as their wallets, they don't know and they are not willing to exchange USDT to BTC.

Well USDT is an ethereum token. Swapping into WrappedBTC (WBTC) which is the one in ethereum network should be easy. -or any other token ERC20

However I think this BTCpayserver doesn't run anything ethereum related.
    But a counter to the proposed problem is that it should be simple to swap BTC to LTC. Pay with LTC, which is great for smaller transactions. There is also BCH which fits the role.

To be honest if someone is paying with crypto because he/she thinks it provides privacy (which in most cases it doesn't provides privacy) then they aren't probably using BTC, ETH or any other plain-text transparent ledger blockchain anyway.

If people are using Crypto to pay, is expected that the customer should know how to do all these conversions.

@Setsura said: Btw would you be selling(or open sourcing) the module you end up making @Francisco?

I have no intention to do either.

I'll give it for free to friends and family, but that's about it.

Francisco

• taizitaizi Member

@HalfEatenPie said:

@taizi said:

I suggest you ask the developers of BTCPayServer.

i saw this

Can an XYZ coin be added in BTCPay?
    No. BTCPay developers don't add alternative coins on request. Adding a new coin explicitly depends on the community and developers of those coins. Furthermore, BTCPay developers do not spend excessive time testing nor maintaining the altcoins. If you're submitting a PR for a new coin, make sure that it works. If the altcoin integration is not actively maintained it will be removed from BTCPay.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • taizitaizi Member

@Hxxx said: Pay with LTC, which is great for smaller transactions.

agree,coinbase and bitpay supported LTC, and LTC is low fee and fast(umm, maybe, last time I waited 30mins), most of the exchanges support LTC.every time I pay VirMach's invoice, I just swap my usdt to LTC in binance and then send it.

if btcpayserver can't add more coins, keeping LTC is enough

• looks like fort he first time USA is in the same "banned countries" like iran, which is funny because the existing banned countries are "as a result of american sanctions" against those nations so to be banned themselves is pretty ironic

Thanked by 2bulbasaur kheng86
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

USA is in the same "banned countries" like iran, which is funny because the existing banned countries are "as a result of american sanctions" against those nations so to be banned themselves is pretty ironic

My thoughts! I wonder which sanction list they intend to comply with.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur