Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM all locations down - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM all locations down

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@H84Gabor said: afterall their vps perform really well

Yeah I had no issues with them or their services too.

• MS said:
    @MaxKVM now have 5 threads on the front page of LET without paying the monies.
    Well done!

Yes, amazing publicity, they couldn't have planned it any better! the MJJ wont understand any of this, maybe they will think its an amazing offer thread and continue to buy?

• VoidVoid Member

@webmasteroffers said:

@yoursunny said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Maybe Hivelocity gave Alex Lee a taste of his own medicine

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/2695/maxkvm-is-superb-and-i-like-it-but/p1

Hello,

There are no resources available in the global network.

In addition (and more importantly), due to the lack of common sense required to ask this question, you have been deemed unqualified to manage a BGP session on our platform.

The BGP session (AS399686 - Semiband LLC dba MaxKVM) will not be renewed and has been set to terminate on 4/23.

Please find another upstream. Your billing account here is now permanently closed.

CDO at Hivelocity

bad news. Hope tomorrow Hivelocity upper management comes back and MaxKVM can resolve the problems.

Should I open a Paypal dispute if they can't get back the data and services?

Like six to nine hours ago

• miumiu Member
    edited April 2022

Bad. How longer this outage will be (now really long and very bad), so harder will be recover ever from this shit for this provider. if there really is effort continue and not only about delaying time. imo in such a case, silence (instead keeping customer updated) is very bad way what leads only to their another detriment (ppl now loss faith in it, begin start disputes, migrate away etc...) With each another hour will be still harder continue and pay fee for servers when customers are outgoing away, bad loop, ever thinner ice

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • miumiu Member
    edited April 2022

Their main website is at his moment online back https://www.maxkvm.com/
    So hope still not died for their customers (i have also 1 idling cheap vps in lax there)

Thanked by 2FrankZ codyt
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2022

Circumstances with a few different providers have given my auto fail-over and disaster recovery system a good work out over the last few days.
    You got to test these things every once in a while to make sure they work as expected.
    Thanks MaxKVM for being one of the providers volunteering to helping me with this system test. :sunglasses:

• How did MaxKVM thank posts if they haven’t been on since April 1st?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Moofie said: How did MaxKVM thank posts if they haven’t been on since April 1st?

Vanilla bug

@FrankZ said:

@Moofie said: How did MaxKVM thank posts if they haven’t been on since April 1st?

Vanilla bug

Ad Blocker.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2022

@DP said:

@FrankZ said:

Vanilla bug

Ad Blocker.

Vanilla bug caused by ad blocker. IMHO Vanilla really should change last active date if someone logs in, comments, thanks, or has activity that interacts with the db no matter what is blocked by the ad blocker.

• miumiu Member

@Moofie said:
    How did MaxKVM thank posts if they haven’t been on since April 1st?

Who gave likes in this thread, his ghost? Seems last activity date is wrong working

• @miu said:

@Moofie said:

Who gave likes in this thread, his ghost? Seems last activity date is wrong working

Read above.

I am not active "since March 28", and I've been commenting things for a while.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • @miu said:

@Moofie said:

vanilla only update activity date when a post or comment has been made IIRC.

@jason5545 said: vanilla only update activity date when a post or comment has been made IIRC.

No, it updates when you're logged on.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • @JeDaYoshi said:

@miu said:

@Moofie said:

Read above.

I am not active "since March 28", and I've been commenting things for a while.

Looks like LET needs some changes in the platform. stop using vanilla maybe.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@DP said: No, it updates when you're logged on.

Maybe I have this all wrong but how does one thank without being logged in ?

Thanked by 1jason5545

@FrankZ said:

The Last Active is supposed to be updated when you're logged on, without having to do anything.

So I don't think it's a bug with Vanilla but it's just that with an Ad Blocker in place, it blocks the API that sends the Last Active status of a user.

Thanked by 3miu angstrom jason5545
  • @FrankZ said:
    Circumstances with a few different providers have given my auto fail-over and disaster recovery system a good work out over the last few days.
    You got to test these things every once in a while to make sure they work as expected.
    Thanks MaxKVM for being one of the providers volunteering to helping me with this system test. :sunglasses:

Just curious, what do you use for auto fail-over?

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@DP said:

@FrankZ said:

The Last Active is supposed to be updated when you're logged on, without having to do anything.

So I don't think it's a bug with Vanilla but it's just that with an Ad Blocker in place, it blocks the API that sends the Last Active status of a user.

This is my understanding of the issue between some ad blockers and vanilla last active.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@gabydup said: Just curious, what do you use for auto fail-over?

I use 12 gDNSd geocast DNS servers with 1 minute checking of each other and nine redundant geographically diverse web servers. With a 60 second TTL on the DNS records it still takes a couple of minutes to pull a web server or DNS server IP. Hendrix and other monitors say it works pretty well.

Almost finished control and monitoring panel screenshot.

Link to larger image

Thanked by 1miu
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@DP said:

@FrankZ said:

This is my understanding of the issue between some ad blockers and vanilla last active.

I stand corrected. It's not a bug. It just does not work as intended under certain well know normal circumstances.

• @FrankZ said:

@gabydup said: Just curious, what do you use for auto fail-over?

I use 12 gDNSd geocast DNS servers with 1 minute checking of each other and nine redundant geographically diverse web servers. With a 60 second TTL on the DNS records it still takes a couple of minutes to pull a web server or DNS server IP. Hendrix and other monitors say it works pretty well.

Almost finished control and monitoring panel screenshot.

Link to larger image

Thanks, I couldn't open the attached image but it sounds like an indestructible setup.

• pkrpkr Member

I got a couple of replies from @MaxKVM .
    It seems that they will be able to fix it only on weekdays as their upstream provider is unable to resolve the issue without upper management.

Hope things will be back on Monday/Tuesday.

Thanked by 2riake FrankZ
  • fynixfynix Member

@pkr said: they will be able to fix it only on weekdays as their upstream provider is unable to resolve the issue without upper management

Sounds billing related to me :)

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint lentro
  • _MS__MS_ Member

@pkr said:
    I got a couple of replies from @MaxKVM .
    It seems that they will be able to fix it only on weekdays as their upstream provider is unable to resolve the issue without upper management.

Hope things will be back on Monday/Tuesday.

Monday™

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Seems I missed the bandwagon deal for MaxKVM after seeing so many esteemed LET members with services here. I really do hope you get back services, I can't remember the last time I saw a provider have such an issue with whatever that bgp issue

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@DP said:

@H84Gabor said: I've got 5 servers on 4 different location. All gone lol This is just bad :#

Your eggs are all over the place but they're from the same supplier :(

I mean big blue chip companies have their eggs with AWS and.... we all know AWS never goes down.... :D

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @fynix said:

@pkr said: they will be able to fix it only on weekdays as their upstream provider is unable to resolve the issue without upper management

Sounds billing related to me :)

I’m afraid so. Either billing or some serious abuse. If it would really be routing, I’m sure Hivelocity would have engineers on stand by in weekends.

Thanked by 2miu FrankZ