Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM all locations down - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM all locations down

Comments

• no immediate response or answer
    no apologies
    and most probably no compensation

Thanked by 1devp
  • VoidVoid Member

@cybertech said:

@mexyul said:
    Hello,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience -- a global network outage has affected all customers and the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Just an update, my ticket replied

dumb excuse. the internet died or what?

MaxKVM maxed out

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

We recommend to activate your Disaster Recovery Plan.

How to active disaster recovery plan? Is there a button on the control panel??

• this is terrible

• LisoLiso Member

~11 hours downtime

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

@Mistik said:
    this is terrible

@Liso said:
    ~11 hours downtime

Yes u are right both: 11 hours of downtime is terrible

• yourOUTAGEhasbeenDOUBLED

• miumiu Member

@cybertech said:

yourOUTAGEhasbeenDOUBLED

as free..? ;-) good deal!

• dane_dohertydane_doherty Member
    edited April 2022

Your downtime has been doubled

Alex Lee is the strict Asian parent you've never had

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • @cociu wrote before his escape that it was also just a simple outage that would be resolved within a few days ...

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2022

@Hotmarer said:
    @cociu wrote before his escape that it was also just a simple outage that would be resolved within a few days ...

@cociu isnt intelligent, so let see

• miumiu Member

@Hotmarer said:
    @cociu wrote before his escape that it was also just a simple outage that would be resolved within a few days ...

Yes i realized just this too (how cocio too promised that all will be back online, many ppl believed firstly him and got false hope, but unfortunately this never happened), but maybe & we hope all this is else matter now and services will be get back online really

• From what I remember in my interactions with MaxKVM - they are from the Balkans, meaning that its likely Easter for them.

I would not expect anything to be resolved until Tuesday, when the Holidays are over.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited April 2022

@mexyul said: a global network outage has affected all customers and the issue will be resolved as soon as possible

another dumbest and unprofessional reply from MaxKVM.

• qebaqeba Member

Ohhh nooo it is still offline until now ..

• @JasonM said:
    I contacted Hivelocity, the upstream provider of MaxKVM as I've an instance already hosted with Hivel. They said there's no network outage in any of their locations.

Same, am also a customer, contacted my rep, no outages (not like I wouldnt have noticed some of our racks going down). Sounds like someone just forgot to pay the bills and is trying to cover their ass (or just a rugpull)

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • someone fat fingered their bgp config. :D

Thanked by 3FrankZ bdl skorous
  • miumiu Member

@LiliLabs said:
    Sounds like someone just forgot to pay the bills and is trying to cover their ass (or just a rugpull)

I quite doubt about this and disagree: Each normal IT company (i expect that Hivelocity does it too) several time will remind you (before invoice is due, say 10, 7, 5, 3 days, 48h, 24h...), note u and urge that your invoice are still unpaid. So also when u memory total fails, but u r online is almost impossible do not know about it.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @budi1413 said:
    someone fat fingered their bgp config. :D

are you just guessing or, you figured it out?

• @miu said:
    I quite doubt about this and disagree: Each normal IT company (i expect that Hivelocity does it too) several time will remind you (before invoice is due, say 10, 7, 5, 3 days, 48h, 24h...), note u and urge that your invoice are still unpaid. So also when u memory total fails, but u r online is almost impossible do not know about it.

Yeah Hivelocity is generally pretty chill about late invoices, makes me think it's probably a deadpool. I'd chargeback at this point, been 12 hours.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2022

@wa44io4 said:

@budi1413 said:
    someone fat fingered their bgp config. :D

are you just guessing or, you figured it out?

From page 2 of this thread..

@FrankZ said:

@rattlecattle said: From what it looks the BGP routes to AS399686 - SEMIBAND LLC are not being advertised. Packets to IP addresses to those IP ranges are going nowhere. There's no BGP route currently.

IIRC They started using their own IP space October 1st of 2021 so if their BGP routes are not being advertised, maybe they have not deadpooled yet.
    They could have just done something stupid. :trollface:

Some one want to check if their IP ranges are being announced now ?
    AS29802 HIVELOCITY is their only peer.

• VoidVoid Member

Maybe Hivelocity gave Alex Lee a taste of his own medicine

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/2695/maxkvm-is-superb-and-i-like-it-but/p1

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited April 2022

@jmaxwell said:
    Maybe Hivelocity gave Alex Lee a taste of his own medicine

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/2695/maxkvm-is-superb-and-i-like-it-but/p1

Yeah.
    Banned them from using their services.
    Ban Reason: Stupid.
    Karma.

• wa44io4wa44io4 Member
    edited April 2022

They're monitoring and updating the tickets. (changed my ticket status)

I see a small hope of getting things back online.

In my case I've gone for one of their yearly plan recently so I would loose a lot of money if they deadpool :( though there's an option called chargeback ;)

I'm having very bad time, first WebDock where I lost 10% of my data and now MaxKVM. Feels like only big providers are reliable, low end became pure shit.

Thanked by 1umzak
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Anyone need a new deal/server? As 12 hours downtime in every location is unreal.

Thanked by 1miu
  • LisoLiso Member

13 hours now, wow just wow. I had two yearly deal with them 😓😓

• pkrpkr Member

I got the following response:

Hello,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience -- a global network outage has affected all customers and the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you.

I hope they will be back soon. I really liked their VPS and support.

Thanked by 1miu
  • qebaqeba Member

@WebProject said: Anyone need a new deal/server? As 12 hours downtime in every location is unreal.

yes please what deal we got, i think need to migrate everything now

• Obviously hivelocity are not at fault, so is it possible that their IPs (which I assume are rented) got taken out?