Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM all locations down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM all locations down

Comments

• @Hivelocity can you comment?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@kheng86 said:
    @Hivelocity can you comment?

I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

• pkrpkr Member

I renewed on 21st Feb 2022 using Paypal. I hope they did not close the business.

Thanked by 1Sahu1990
  • qebaqeba Member

same i just renewed few of the services, did any of you got reply from maxkvm ?

• sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited April 2022

@qeba said:
    same i just renewed few of the services, did any of you got reply from maxkvm ?

no sadly, they've been offline for a few hours now, tried to email but couldn't get through

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error.

• mexyulmexyul Member
    edited April 2022

if they really want to out of business, I hope they give time for clients to do a backup

Thanked by 1Sahu1990
  • Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @mexyul said:
    if they really want to out of business, I hope they give time for clients to do a backup

You should always have back up's.

Thanked by 3yoursunny FrankZ bdl
  • LisoLiso Member

@mexyul said:

This. I have two production server with them, luckily it's weekend so I can deal with migration to other server, if this happen on weekday. I'm screwed 😩

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @MatthewM said:

@mexyul said:

You should always have back up's.

I did, but unfortunately not all vms. That's my fault.

• lucky me I dipped last month

• cynixcynix Member

@Liso said: I have two production server with them

For a second I thought I clicked the wrong link and ended up on ReliableBusinessHostingTalk.com or something

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited April 2022

2 out of 2 of my vps have gone down from last 6 hours. no replies to ticket. :'( :( >:)
    only this login area of cp looks online right now: https://manage.maxkvm.com/login
    but contact form does not works at all (pre-sales). Did they shut down?

• LisoLiso Member

Almost ~ 4 hour and not single response from them.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • pkrpkr Member

I always keep 2 backups. So, I just moved my website to another host.
    If they close business, how can we get the money back? Paypal dispute?

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited April 2022

@pkr said: I always keep 2 backups

I have 1 backup stored, I can use it if they are not online within 24 hours.

@pkr said: Paypal dispute?

yup, within 180 days of invoice payment I think. though I'll try for old invoice too!

• @pkr said:
    I renewed on 21st Feb 2022 using Paypal. I hope they did not close the business.

Me too

• chargeback nowwwwwwwwwwww

Thanked by 2JasonM ariq01
  • CatixsCatixs Member, Host Rep

@jon617 said:
    All their locations were with one company, Hivelocity

Hivelocity won't be the issue, they have been doing business for almost 20 years.

• _MS__MS_ Member

Stupids

Thanked by 1miu
  • jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited April 2022

@Catixs said: Hivelocity won't be the issue, they have been doing business for almost 20 years.

Hive is not the issue. If MKVM's bills were overdue or contract terms broken, it is reasonable to assume Hive shut down MKVM entirely from all their locations at the same time. Null routed their IPs, or whatever.

Thanked by 2miu FrankZ
  • From what it looks the BGP routes to AS399686 - SEMIBAND LLC are not being advertised. Packets to IP addresses to those IP ranges are going nowhere. There's no BGP route currently.

https://lg.he.net/

Thanked by 2miu bulbasaur
  • miumiu Member

@jon617 said:
    assume Hive shut down MKVM entirely from all their locations at the same time. Null routed their IPs, or whatever.

Imo this seems to be most probable what happened, for now.. seems they disabled them - could be explanation why all servers got offline exactly the in same time

Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • miumiu Member
    edited April 2022

In each case when they are offline 6+ hours, and no response ever this means sure nothing good

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2022

@rattlecattle said: From what it looks the BGP routes to AS399686 - SEMIBAND LLC are not being advertised. Packets to IP addresses to those IP ranges are going nowhere. There's no BGP route currently.

IIRC They started using their own IP space October 1st of 2021 so if their BGP routes are not being advertised, maybe they have not deadpooled yet.
    They could have just done something stupid. :trollface:

• miumiu Member

@FrankZ said:

@rattlecattle said: From what it looks the BGP routes to AS399686 - SEMIBAND LLC are not being advertised. Packets to IP addresses to those IP ranges are going nowhere. There's no BGP route currently.

IIRC They started using their own IP space October 1st of 2021 so if their BGP routes are not being advertised, maybe they have not deadpooled yet.

U can be right. Host repr is now here, so hopefully will soon explain what happened and hopefully resolve things back to operate state. Good luck in each case, damn sutation for all involved (him and also worried customers)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • AstroAstro Member

@FrankZ said:

Its funny @MaxKVM liked some comments here but no update from them so far.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

@Astro said:

@FrankZ said:

Maybe he is very busy (trying get services back online asap) but 1 short sentence in such case approx "we are working on it, i will explain later / no time for it now" still would be fine!

Thanked by 2FrankZ Sahu1990
  • typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

I say deadpool, take it or leave it

• AstroAstro Member

@miu said:

@Astro said:

@FrankZ said:

Maybe he is very busy (trying get services back online asap) but 1 short sentence in such case approx "we are working on it, i will explain later / no time for it now" still would be fine!

Thats what I meant a single short statement would have been welcome. Reading all the comments and throwing likes without a short statement is...unprofessional. hey but its low end so

Thanked by 3miu FrankZ Sahu1990