Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES!

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

Just wanted to ask, what's the advantage of using a dedicated IP on a shared/reseller hosting? I've seen many offering it, but never really knew why

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@sanvit said:
    Just wanted to ask, what's the advantage of using a dedicated IP on a shared/reseller hosting? I've seen many offering it, but never really knew why

Well its your own IP. No other websites are associated to it.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@sanvit said:

You get to feel a bit more special

• @bruh21 said:

@sanvit said:

Better than nothing :D

Presume IP auto allocated? @MikePT

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2022

@MikePT said:

@sanvit said:

If I have a dedicated IP, can I choose which user/site get a dedicated IP and which one gets the default shared one?
    Can I also use it for non-web purposes (e.g. receiving emails, etc.)?

@Salomon123 said:

@bruh21 said:

@sanvit said:

Better than nothing :D

Presume IP auto allocated? @MikePT

Hey,

Manually allocated, on the 13th of the current month :-)

@sanvit said:

@MikePT said:

@sanvit said:

If I have a dedicated IP, can I choose which user/site get a dedicated IP and which one gets the default shared one?
    Can I also use it for non-web purposes (e.g. receiving emails, etc.)?

1 - Yes.
    2 - Not clear, can you clarify? Any IP that's bound in the server receives emails.

Cheers!

• dzungbbdzungbb Member

Hey Mike, where is the big shared plan? Only 2Gb?

Thanked by 1MikePT

@dzungbb said:

Only 2 GB, you can purchase multiple and stack :)

• sanvitsanvit Member

@dzungbb said:

You can always buy a reseller and use it as a regular account

Thanked by 3bruh21 skorous MikePT
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited May 2022

@MikePT you should charge monthly rentals (payable yearly) for the dedicated IP even for the lifetime packages and extend the option to go dedicated ip to everyone

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@kkrajk said:
    @MikePT you should charge monthly rentals (payable yearly) for the dedicated IP even for the lifetime packages and extend the option to go dedicated ip to everyone

Iirc you can already request a dedicated IP via ticket (for a monthly fee ofc).

Thanked by 1MikePT

@sanvit said:

@dzungbb said:

Indeed!

@kkrajk said:

We already do that, the price depends on the location. Although these are free IPs as the server comes with a subnet.

@Ympker said:

@kkrajk said:

Iirc you can already request a dedicated IP via ticket (for a monthly fee ofc).

Yep!

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@sanvit said:

Private lift to your apartment.

• agentwpagentwp Member

How much for dedicated IP in SG?

Thanked by 1masoodalam51
  • dzungbbdzungbb Member

@sanvit said:

@dzungbb said:

Got 2 reseller accs from Mike but I dont think it is necessary

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • LeviLevi Member

Hm, so begging is an effective way to sell. You live and you learn...

@agentwp said:
    How much for dedicated IP in SG?

Open a ticket mate. :)

@dzungbb said:

@sanvit said:

@dzungbb said:

Got 2 reseller accs from Mike but I dont think it is necessary

Yep!

We still have a few free dedicated IP's available guys.

The next 5 buyers are eligible for a free dedicated IP for the plan below when ordering it in the Los Angeles location:

Reseller Advanced
    100GB SSD space
    Unlimited Subaccounts
    Unlimited Emails
    Unlimited Domains
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Price: 120€ LIFETIME
    https://myw.pt/manager/cart.php?a=add&pid=195 (No coupon needed!)

--
    Note: The server will be deployed this week and migrations should be performed this weekend, I'll inform our clients accordingly in advance.
    It's located in a different Datacenter but still in Los Angeles.

edited May 2022

We just had quite a few orders come in, only 2 available for a free Dedicated IP in LA.

• @sanvit said:

So you're not dirtied up on spam lists when someone else on the service spams. IMO, ait should be a requirement for a business email on shared hosting.

• @TimboJones said:

@sanvit said:

So you're not dirtied up on spam lists when someone else on the service spams. IMO, ait should be a requirement for a business email on shared hosting.

They have mailchannels for outbound so not really a problem. I guess it might hurt your SEO if there's people doing really shady stuff on the shared IP.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@TimboJones said:

@sanvit said:

We do relay via mail baby / MailChannels so our IPs should be clean 👌

@NoComment said:

@TimboJones said:

@sanvit said:

They have mailchannels for outbound so not really a problem. I guess it might hurt your SEO if there's people doing really shady stuff on the shared IP.

Correct mate!

• @NoComment said:

@TimboJones said:

@sanvit said:

Good point about myw, but I was responding to the generic question of shared hosting. But it's not a complete answer without mentioning that feature of shared hosting using specialized outbound mail delivery services to solve that in that way.

I know an office that was setup on Hostgator on shared IP and they're always on UCProtect blacklist. Major facepalm.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@NoComment said:

@TimboJones said:

@sanvit said:

Google doesn't care about IPs.

That's an early 2000's thing for PBNs -- you didnt want your site associated with backlinks.

Thanked by 2MikePT ariq01
  • I see @MikePT said new LAX server to be with PerfectIP.
    What concerns me is that I see this when I research PerfectIP and do a Whois...

perfectip.net is for sale!

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@TimboJones said:

@NoComment said:

@TimboJones said:

@sanvit said:

Good point about myw, but I was responding to the generic question of shared hosting. But it's not a complete answer without mentioning that feature of shared hosting using specialized outbound mail delivery services to solve that in that way.

I know an office that was setup on Hostgator on shared IP and they're always on UCProtect blacklist. Major facepalm.

These days, I think mail relays are becoming more and more common, or at least they should be. Although, I think it is especially important for providers not using their own IPs since getting your port blocked due to a user spamming can cause a headache.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Congrats on the mod tag & new LA node! <3

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT

@not_dilligaf said:
    I see @MikePT said new LAX server to be with PerfectIP.

Not sure where you seen that, PerfectIP are quite an old company.

@WebHorizon said:

Thanks mate!!!

Guys we have only 1 free Dedicated IP available, act fast. :)

• defaultdefault Veteran

@MikePT said:

@not_dilligaf said:

@WebHorizon said:

Thanks mate!!!

Taken (invoice 1722). There should be no dedicated IP left now. How do I request this dedicated IP?

• sanvitsanvit Member

@default said:

@MikePT said:

@not_dilligaf said:

@WebHorizon said:

Thanks mate!!!

Taken (invoice 1722). There should be no dedicated IP left now. How do I request this dedicated IP?

Got one as well (pretty sure I got the second to last one). Gotta find a use for it now

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the IPs should be available after the migration to the new DC, since that IPs are coming from the new DC after all

Thanked by 1MikePT