Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES!

Comments

• Im sastified with DE Location, I using for my small blog website and Mail server, from price is great even you got 1 year service. Mine runs 1 year half nothing major issue so far.

• Yes, his service is outstanding, I currently have 2 accounts, 1 DE & 1 LA, running smooth.

Anyway, @MikePT do you offer free migration if I purchase your reseller plan (DA to DA).

Thanks

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AndreiGhesi said:

@MikePT said
    Gotta love companies attacking other companies. It's so beautiful.

I'm not attacking you, I don't know you or the service level you provide. I'm just sayin that what are you doing with this "begging offer style lifetime services" is bad, and in not the only one saying this.

In 2007 when I started I had a hosting lifetime package (https://web.archive.org/web/20071011164031/http://ghesi.com/hosting.php?spt=1) but after some thinking I removed it because I will lose money on the long term, and it was not cheap, it was 600 euro.

This month you will make $300 for selling lifetime hosting, you will pay you servers and licenses for the next 2 month. What will you do in June? Make another begging post?

But who said our servers aren't paid for? We've mentioned this numerous times.
    You can't just discuss something that's not your business. That makes you look bad as well.

@Ympker said:

@Lee said:

@drizbo said: You're offering lifetime service and in start already saying you already need help... So that doesn't give much confidence in long "lifetime"

To be fair there are plenty of hosts on here right now in that same position they are just not as honest about it whether offering lifetime or not. Nothing wrong with a bit of honesty, gives people more information to decide if they want it.

So far he has been around for longer than some so must be doing something right.

As always, lifetime does not mean your lifetime, it means the lifetime of the company however long that may be. If you think getting 3 or 5 years out if it would be a decent run for the money then it is probably decent, if not then probably not.

Judging the value of a lifetime deal is all about trying to guess how long he will be around.

This. Especially the last sentence. Now, can everyone just either sign up with @MikePT and enjoy their gracious offer and highly performant service or, you know, just keep scrolling on. Not like you need to sign up with Mike. I feel like some people still pay a sub for shared hosting and somehow want to see lifetime deals fail. And they will fail..at some point. Nothing's going to last forever. However, it can last long enough to have been worth your investment. Same with VPN LTDs. Happy week to y'all.

Much love to @MikePT <3 Love your service and am a happy client!

Thanks mate! <3

@JasonM said:

@MikePT said: In regards to begging, no, it's not begging. We're acquiring hardware to invest in our own colocation and monthly rental servers. That's where it's going to be.

Just an advise, I think you should highlight the above sentence in original post or the future offer you'll make. From a customer perspective if a seller writes positive things about their investment plans or intentions in investing in new inventory/server etc or expansion, then the customer has positive feeling and can buy more from you. But if the seller suggests they need money to survive then it may suggest that the business can close at any time since the money is for survival and so customer may not buy product.

This I am writing from a customer point of view. Nothing to do with Mike's original post or other comments made by rest of the users here.

Jason, I definitely agree with you there. Will make sure to do that next time. We want to invest, and we need money for that. We have no investors so we can only sell what we have or do!

Cheers!

Thanked by 3pbx Ympker kkrajk
  • It is like mining you always want to add more graphic cards to your rig even if it means putting all your money in. Because you knows that your investment will be successful, and if you don't do it you will feel bad that you missed on alot of profit/expantion that you could have made in past 6 months for example.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

LOL What is this.

How can a legitimate company that is charging people and "asking for help" every month.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

@Ionea

Mike has been around in the community for awhile and he has a good reputation.

Can we please take it a little easy? The point about the style of Mike's ad already has been made enough times, I think.

Also, can you please get in touch with me by PM? I would love to learn about what you are selling as a Provider yourself.

Thanks for supporting Low End Talk!

Best wishes!

Tom

Thanked by 2MikePT sanvit
  • You should help a poor brother going thru college out like me and help one with a 1gb hosting package :P

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Thank you so much @Lee, the idea here is to get funds to invest in hardware, basically.

This enlight me.

ps: happy customer here <3

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AndruAndru Member

@duckeeyuck said:
    You should help a poor brother going thru college out like me and help one with a 1gb hosting package :P

Shot me DM, I can help you :smile:

@duckeeyuck said:
    You should help a poor brother going thru college out like me and help one with a 1gb hosting package :P

Open a ticket :)

@biangkerok said:

Thank you so much @Lee, the idea here is to get funds to invest in hardware, basically.

This enlight me.

ps: happy customer here <3

And you're an awesome customer! <3

• @lonea said:
    LOL What is this.

How can a legitimate company that is charging people and "asking for help" every month.

There's plenty of legitimate companies that are charging people and "asking for help", you just got to dress it up like "we don't like doing inventory counts", "overstock sale" or "prices so low we've gone crazy". MikePT just needs to be slapped with some marketing tips.

• Good luck with sales sir. Focus on what really matters your good work and good service. You cannot make happy everyone so just focus on it ;)

@TimboJones said:

@lonea said:
    LOL What is this.

There's plenty of legitimate companies that are charging people and "asking for help", you just got to dress it up like "we don't like doing inventory counts", "overstock sale" or "prices so low we've gone crazy". MikePT just needs to be slapped with some marketing tips.

Oh I do need! I do have a Marketing Bachelor that's barely used! I like IT much more! I suck on sales! :D

@Chievo said:
    Good luck with sales sir. Focus on what really matters your good work and good service. You cannot make happy everyone so just focus on it ;)

Thank you mate, I hope everything is ok with you!

Thanked by 2Chievo Not_Oles
  • Having some problems with my websites today. LA server. Anyone else?

• @miklovin90 said:
    Having some problems with my websites today. LA server. Anyone else?

Can't even login to DirectAdmin

• @miklovin90 said:

@miklovin90 said:

Works for me.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @miklovin90 said:

Works fine for me.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Only issue support delay

@miklovin90 said:

@miklovin90 said:

Your IP is probably banned, do open a ticket with us.

@TimboJones said:

@miklovin90 said:

@miklovin90 said:

Works for me.

So far so good!

@CasualCanvas said:

@miklovin90 said:

Works fine for me.

Thank you :)

@andrew_dis said:
    Only issue support delay

We have a single issue waiting for us to reply, which requires DA's investigation.

• Is there one for 5gb or 10gb hosting package ? 2 gb kinda small for those package folder :D

• @miklovin90 said:

@miklovin90 said:

Also, your handle should be McLovin90. Unless you just really like Mik's.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@miklovin90 said:

@miklovin90 said:

@TimboJones said:

@miklovin90 said:

@miklovin90 said:

Works for me.

So far so good!

@CasualCanvas said:

@miklovin90 said:

Works fine for me.

@andrew_dis said:
    Only issue support delay

We have a single issue waiting for us to reply, which requires DA's investigation.

Facing email issue in WLA1. Opened a ticket and waiting for Mike to have a look.

@kenjing789 said:
    Is there one for 5gb or 10gb hosting package ? 2 gb kinda small for those package folder :D

You can stack as many as you wish :)

@Intelpentium0 said:

@MikePT said:

@miklovin90 said:

@miklovin90 said:

@TimboJones said:

@miklovin90 said:

@miklovin90 said:

Works for me.

So far so good!

@CasualCanvas said:

@miklovin90 said:

Works fine for me.

@andrew_dis said:
    Only issue support delay

Facing email issue in WLA1. Opened a ticket and waiting for Mike to have a look.

Responded to it already - no email issues in WLA, but we'll investigate, asked for further details mate.

• @MikePT said:

@kenjing789 said:
    Is there one for 5gb or 10gb hosting package ? 2 gb kinda small for those package folder :D

Am not well with the term so is stack mean i need buy another one for storage up or become 2 shared

• @MikePT said:

@apollo15 said:
    Charity by providers needs to be banned from here ASAP.

he's been doing that for YEARS already.

if you can't afford to run a company get a job in other IT company or if nobody wants you get a job in Mcdonalds, then will always want you.

if you need a loan for short time, go to a bank. LET is not a place for this crap.

I've been doing this for years? WNDP - WebNegócio Lda. has been in the market for close to 7 years, I doubt yours has been running for the same time, if you even own one?

In regards to begging, no, it's not begging. We're acquiring hardware to invest in our own colocation and monthly rental servers. That's where it's going to be. All this fuss here is completely non sense. I see that being transparent sometimes isn't good.

I don't, but if I did, I would not beg random users to finance it.

If you could not invest in your own hw after 7 years, you will surely not be able now when its more expensive than ever.

Furthermore, have you ever heard of a bank loan?

@kenjing789 said:

@MikePT said:

@kenjing789 said:

Am not well with the term so is stack mean i need buy another one for storage up or become 2 shared

Means you can order 2 of those plans and have the double disk space :)

@apollo15 said:

@MikePT said:

@apollo15 said:
    Charity by providers needs to be banned from here ASAP.

he's been doing that for YEARS already.

if you can't afford to run a company get a job in other IT company or if nobody wants you get a job in Mcdonalds, then will always want you.

if you need a loan for short time, go to a bank. LET is not a place for this crap.

I've been doing this for years? WNDP - WebNegócio Lda. has been in the market for close to 7 years, I doubt yours has been running for the same time, if you even own one?

In regards to begging, no, it's not begging. We're acquiring hardware to invest in our own colocation and monthly rental servers. That's where it's going to be. All this fuss here is completely non sense. I see that being transparent sometimes isn't good.

I don't, but if I did, I would not beg random users to finance it.

If you could not invest in your own hw after 7 years, you will surely not be able now when its more expensive than ever.

Furthermore, have you ever heard of a bank loan?

Pardon, I'm not begging, and surely not to random users. We've been here for a long time and a big part of our business was acquired here, in LET.

You can't just do your judgement without knowing us, that's wrong.

--

We have no debts to pay and no bank loans - that's not going to happen. You should apply all that knowledge to your business instead. We do things in my way here.

• @kenjing789 said: Is there one for 5gb or 10gb hosting package ? 2 gb kinda small for those package folder :D

Buy 5 and stack them up

Thanked by 2MikePT Ympker

@kkrajk said:

@kenjing789 said: Is there one for 5gb or 10gb hosting package ? 2 gb kinda small for those package folder :D

Buy 5 and stack them up

Yep that's possible!

• A happy customer here :) tbh my hosting is mostly idling (minus any testing I do here and there). Any time I use it though, the server is snappy, and if I need something done out of my control, support was pretty fast and always helpful.

I don't really understand the debate here. If you don't like how they advertise, I do get it. Maybe this isn't the best way to advertise, but it's how the host is doing right now. Constructive criticism would be great, but tbh it seems like there's more hate than criticism now. If you don't like his service, you could just move on. If you're not interested, why waste your (and Mike's) time posting here?

@MikePT is one of the old and well known member of LET, and afaik honest and provided good value services. My lifetime hosting may or may not last for my lifetime. The host might go down before me. However, I still paid significant (may not be that much, but big enough for a low-end hosting service) amount upfront as a thank you message for keeping up a good service, but even bigger, because I believe I can benefit more from it than what I paid.

You should also consider that lifetime may not be your lifetime, but it could provide more value if the host do survive long enough (and you're kind of betting to it). For example, if MyW could last four years or more (which IMO is possible), you're getting 50GB SSD reseller hosting in Asia for €20/yr which isn't bad.

TL;DR if you're not interested and don't have anything constructive to say, move on.