Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good bye <3 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good bye <3

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@jbiloh Why are you bothering? He doesn't get it, and his market isn't here.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Arkas said:

Always trying to learn. :)

Even if its a different market, really sort of interested to know what's a better value.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Salomon123Salomon123 Member
    edited March 2022

@jbiloh said:

@Arkas said:

Always trying to learn. :)

Even if its a different market, really sort of interested to know what's a better value.

Just let the guy leave and sulk about his decision afterwards

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said: I sold ColoCrossing in 2018

was not that xx million dollar deal ?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

@jbiloh said:

@KermEd said: @SpryServers_Tab said:
    Also, I'll be honest - to make a bit of a point as well. It's not that I can't afford to pay - it's that I won't. I can pay to advertise other places and see a much larger return.

I would be curious to know where you can get a better ROI. Genuinely intrigued if you are willing to share.

If I was still running a hosting company, which I haven't since I sold ColoCrossing in 2018, I would be tripping myself in a rush to gain access to this platform for $16/month. On the basis of comparing COST vs. exposure, gross revenues, net profits on advertised services, I'd think there is no better value in the entire industry.

If I could pay $16 per month (not $100/semi-annually) then I would purchase it :)

@Advin said:

@jbiloh said:

@KermEd said: @SpryServers_Tab said:
    Also, I'll be honest - to make a bit of a point as well. It's not that I can't afford to pay - it's that I won't. I can pay to advertise other places and see a much larger return.

I would be curious to know where you can get a better ROI. Genuinely intrigued if you are willing to share.

If I was still running a hosting company, which I haven't since I sold ColoCrossing in 2018, I would be tripping myself in a rush to gain access to this platform for $16/month. On the basis of comparing COST vs. exposure, gross revenues, net profits on advertised services, I'd think there is no better value in the entire industry.

If I could pay $16 per month (not $100/semi-annually) then I would purchase it :)

What about quarterly?

The first payment would be only $40 after the 20 percent discount.

• TGTTGT Member

Spend those $100 bucks or $200 bucks on a web design ijs. If you can afford a custom web design id fly out as well. Well wait have to afford the plane ticket first fml.

• @jar said:
    A US corporation censored the sitting president of the united states but okay

Holy shit, covid has rotted your brain. Being given ample warnings and exceptions already for being public interest that regular citizens would be banned for years before, they have to allow outright fucking lies and calls for violence? Despite legally being required to have press briefings that he refused to do? GTFO, you're irrational. What a fucking stupid argument to make.

• HomieHomie Member

@dahartigan said:
    Aren't most if not all businesses a dictatorship? I'd be curious to learn of any democratically operated business..

Mondragon Corporation could be considered a democratic business (certainly way more democratic than almost every other business).

• Flash Deal of Provider tag 😳

Thanked by 3yoursunny miu bulbasaur
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2022

Provider tag costs money?! Just when I thought things could not get lower.

I guess Nekki was right to take a huge break. I need to take it too. LET is no longer about fun of low-end hosting; it is about money for a tag nowadays.

Good luck @SpryServers_Tab - you're right.

• TODOTODO Member

@default said:

I guess Nekki was right to take a huge break. I need to take it too. LET is no longer about fun of low-end hosting; it is about money for a tag nowadays.

My exact thoughts, didn't know provider tag costs money, I thought they were earned after provider some sort of proof to LET.
    Didn't know you can just buy it.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @TODO said:

@default said:

My exact thoughts, didn't know provider tag costs money, I thought they were earned after provider some sort of proof to LET.

You have to qualify for it the same way as before (I think). The price tag is on top of it.

@caracal said:

@TODO said:

@default said:

You have to qualify for it the same way as before (I think). The price tag is on top of it.

That is correct. The application and review / approval process remains unchanged.

• bye .

• @jbiloh said:

@caracal said:

@TODO said:

@default said:

That is correct. The application and review / approval process remains unchanged.

Except for the paying you for it part.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • I find it hard to believe that you'd say no to a host willing to pay you $200, but missing some key points, that were required up until now.

But then again you guys approved purple daddy, who ran AlphaRacks, so I guess the whole background check is definitely deeply flawed even now.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@NobodyInteresting said: But then again you guys approved purple daddy, who ran AlphaRacks

Purple daddies are given another chance, so are many others. Sorry, I don't agree. RN so far have been superb.

@NobodyInteresting said: I find it hard to believe that you'd say no to a host willing to pay you $200, but missing some key points, that were required up until now.

But then again you guys approved purple daddy, who ran AlphaRacks, so I guess the whole background check is definitely deeply flawed even now.

There have been two applications denied since the roll out of the fee model for Provider Tag holders.

We've been doing a pretty good job the past year or so weeding out the bad apples when they apply for provider tags. Much better than in years past. We are going to continue those improvements.

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • miumiu Member
    edited March 2022

@SpryServers_Tab

Excuse me, but:

For a long time you had the opportunity to advertise here for free
    (I'm not saying that thanks to the advertisement for LET you made millions, but it's a principle)

now that the owner has decided that it will be paid (what the hell is his right - it is his property), you are extremely irritated, despite the fact that you probably didn't do anything for free neither before

your services are paid, you ask for money for them, but you slander J. Biloh when he starts asking for money for his services too (I do not judge whether the amount is adequate only to cover his expenses or more)

In any case, if you do not agree with this, an intelligent person would say goodbye as follows:

Thank you to all the moderators and J. Biloh for all the opportunities and space they gave me for LET in the past. After being charged, advertising here is no longer profitable for me, so I'm leaving. And I wish you all the best and much success.

The arrogant primitive will say goodbye exactly as you did.

(Alternatively, if the fee is high for you, it could be discussed)

In any case, Jon and all the moderators have done a lot of good work for all of us here on LET. Reproaching them that they decided to charge for advertising is completely misguided

BTW: When something is free, people don't appreciate it and take it for granted. And the one who gave for free will on the end get instead of thanks, humiliation and attack as this case

And at the end, nothing prevent you create new forum and do there all free and/or better (additionally, you have own servers for it)

...And now... all stone me

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • miumiu Member

@Ganonk said:
    Flash Deal of Provider tag 😳

I suggest for 3/yearly ;-)

Thanked by 2yoursunny Not_Oles
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@miu said: The arrogant primitive will say goodbye exactly as you did.

I will have some of whatever you are smoking this evening, good Sir.

• miumiu Member

@Nekki said:

@miu said: The arrogant primitive will say goodbye exactly as you did.

I will have some of whatever you are smoking this evening, good Sir.

Sorry, but i do not smoke..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@miu said: Sorry, but i do not smoke..

B)

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited March 2022

Vote with your wallet. Well done @SpryServers_Tab

• @default said:
    was right to take a huge break. I need to take it too.

Sweet.

• fynixfynix Member

He has not left us. Still here.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@fynix said: He has not left us. Still here.

LowEndTalk is too entertaining to ignore.

• @jbiloh said:

@fynix said: He has not left us. Still here.

LowEndTalk is too entertaining to ignore.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited March 2022

What about such alternative:

If only section OFFERS would be paid section, but for both - providers and users also, but wit sane fees what sure cannot ruin nobody, for example:

1) Provider will pay to be allowed posting into this sections say symbolic price $20 or $30 / yearly (etc.): This is not devastation fee for nobody of them (provider who cannot pay such sum yearly probably should not post offers in offer section ever bcs is probably very near to bankrupt)

2) User (who want have unlocked section offers) will also pay small symbolic fee, for example 2 or $3 / yearly (again - user who cannot pay $3 yearly does not need browse section offers because when does have $3 yearly for this also cannot buy there nothing). It is symbolic fee, what will nobody ruin, all of us who bought something through discounted sale there saved a much more than $3 yearly, but related t the fact how many users are there browsing imo this very easy can cover your expenses for run of whole portal without impact on smallest provider (for who is problem $200 yearly and at the same time keep current competitive low/LE prices). At the same time - users who buY nothing only use website as forum, will can use next forum totally free without any fee (only without for them locked section offers = who wants use forum only as forum and not as purchasing sites (as many users said that "forum is forum and it is for discussion and discussion should be free"), it will remains for him totally free next).

Small calculation:

a) Current state: If 50 providers will pay u 200$ / y = u will get 10k$ yearly for your costs/expenses of run of LET.

disadvantages:

• Seems many providers will leave u
    • also is expected imo, that providers what will stay will increase their bottom of prices

b) mentioned model: 100 provs will pay u $30/y = $3000
    but (i do not know ho many active users in on LET and how many of them are willing pay mentioned $2 (or 3) for access to offer section, but i assume - only blind numbers) if 5k users will pay only $2/y u will get from them another 10k $ (i believe that there is maybe more readers of offer section ho will be willing pay 2 or $3/y than 5k, but i rather calculated with any minimal numbers)

advantages:

• maybe u will get enough sources for all your expenses, without leaving providers or increased prices at providers who will stay
    • nobody is ruined or losing millions

disadvantages:

• i expect that still many ppl-users will cry & angry that should pay something, despite the fact that totally symbolic fee - price of 1 coffee cup yearly

(and when i would be thinking from "wallet view" what many users do or mentioned, then: for me personally from this view, is better pay $2 or $3 yearly, have all providers here and see similar not increased prices in offer section that before - i think i will save more than $3 still, when all remain as before - means providers prices)

apologies for my shitty english, hopefully still my suggestion/idea and its point can be understood