Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good bye <3 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good bye <3

Comments

• @Hotmarer said:

@network33 said:
    out of curiosity how much does it cost to advertise here?

200$ for 6 months

wow, I don't blame OP. Seems way over priced for what is offered here.

Thanked by 2o_be_one TODO
  • @jbiloh said: Given that it appears you did not publish advertising threads previously a Host Rep tag is probably a good fit for you.

Jon you missed the point. This isn't a regular LET provider, it's an occasional LET provider who offers the low-end services only occasionally.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

What's the point of your post? Do you think many of us care? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@network33 said:

@Hotmarer said:

@network33 said:
    out of curiosity how much does it cost to advertise here?

200$ for 6 months

wow, I don't blame OP. Seems way over priced for what is offered here.

This is not correct.

Quarterly: $50
    Semi Annual: $100
    Annually $200

Whatever option a provider tag holder picks they can get a 20% discount.

So for example, on a quarterly payment, the first payment would be only $40.

Cheap.

Thanked by 2Arkas Liso
    edited March 2022

@Aractus said:

@jbiloh said: Given that it appears you did not publish advertising threads previously a Host Rep tag is probably a good fit for you.

Jon you missed the point. This isn't a regular LET provider, it's an occasional LET provider who offers the low-end services only occasionally.

I get it, that's a fair point.

There is a little rub between a hosting company that posts somewhat often, call it monthly (where the fee model is a very easy investment to justify), and a hosting company who might publish an offer just once a year or twice a year.

That's why, after the initial rollout, we tweaked things to allow Host Reps to publish offers in Mega Deal threads. We generally have 3-4 of those per year.

Thanked by 1Arkas

@jsg said: So? @jbiloh not only tolerated lots of criticism (and frankly even quite a few emotional ad hominems) but he often even reacted constructively and always politely.

Just here hanging out, doing my best.

Hope everything is well @jsg :)

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited March 2022

@jsg said:

@ehhthing said:
    I do feel as if a forum is fundamentally a different type of website, and it wouldn't be weird to hope that it would allow criticism of its management?

So? @jbiloh not only tolerated lots of criticism (and frankly even quite a few emotional ad hominems) but he often even reacted constructively and always politely.

I think there is a reasonable expectation that administrators address why posts are deleted regardless of whether or not they are personal attacks (which would probably be considered against the forum rules). It is important to maintain transparency as an administrator of a community.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ bulbasaur
  • ErisaErisa Member

@ehhthing said:

@jsg said:

@ehhthing said:
    I do feel as if a forum is fundamentally a different type of website, and it wouldn't be weird to hope that it would allow criticism of its management?

So? @jbiloh not only tolerated lots of criticism (and frankly even quite a few emotional ad hominems) but he often even reacted constructively and always politely.

I think there is a reasonable expectation that administrators address why posts are deleted regardless of whether or not they are personal attacks (which would probably be considered against the forum rules). It is important to maintain transparency as an administrator of a community.

It was regarding editing messages rather than deleting them but I told jbiloh something similar to this before about transparency and accountability as an admin and he said he agrees and thinks its a good idea (or something like that). I don't know if anything similar happened since then because I haven't been paying attention, but I'm always in favour of people who recognise and tackle their mistakes head-on rather than avoiding and never mentioning them, provided they don't knowingly fuck it up again.

• Ah, there goes one of my favorite providers on here :-(
    See you at the spirit, @SpryServers_Tab !

And kudos on not paying that "out of the blue" extortion invoice.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:
    I've never used your service nor seen many people support or complain about yours. All the best to your future journey.

LET members don't usually miss the providers but the deals.

Thank you. I really am mainly posting this for those who are/were clients, so they know to find me elsewhere if they want to grab onto some deals later on.

At least have the balls to admit you made the post to say "here's what you're losing, Jon." You called him a dictator. For making decisions about his property that you don't like. You're an emotional wreck right now. You're not me, you weren't writing a post for your clients to hear you call someone names. That's something I'd do, not you.

You obviously missed my edit in the above post.

I'm not an emotional wreck at all. I called him a dictator because he's going around censoring and deleting peoples posts and replies he doesn't like in regards to all this. He's even overriding mods. He's a dictator.

With current worldwide climate it’s ok to remove the posts, you can even pay media and have news your way 😂

The Lowendtalk community is not unique anymore, the same as WHT - pay subscription in order to get the “badge”, “rank” and ability to post the ads. 😂

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • Sad you leave juste because you disagree payment price while you don't need Provider features for your usecase. I agree 200$ is kind of a price for real low end providers... And i feel like paying is enough to keep provider tag while bullshitting customers overhere (not talking about your company as i don't know it).

@network33 said: wow, I don't blame OP. Seems way over priced for what is offered here.

Hey we also provide LowEndSupport at this price xD !

• HxxxHxxx Member

@WebProject just to clarify, currently WHT is more flexible since you don't need a badge or sub to post ads, meaning you don't have to pay. In that sense LET still unique.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited March 2022

@SpryServers_Tab said:
    We will not be supporting this company (not really a community anymore) any longer or paying to play. Spry Servers will continue to participate in other communities.

It's been fun while it lasted. To the community members: Thank you very much for your support over the years.

I'm sure this post will get taken down by the dictator, but oh well.

To the dictator: Please feel free to strip me of my provider tag. I won't be paying your invoice.

I'm semi-surprised about the backlash in here

I for one completely understand and respect your decision. And I'm sure I'll see you on other boards :)

As much as @jbiloh has a right to demand people pay for the right to post a couple threads - we all have a right to tell him to go pound sand. And sometimes that needs to be done based on the principle of the situation.

I also think adding the 'tator' was being quite nice.

• Very few sheep left on LET, only wolves remain to feed upon the scraps. They make their presence known in every single thread regardless of topic.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited March 2022

It really is silly to get upset for such a small amount.

If you only do ads occasionally just sign up for 3 months between Oct and Dec each year $40 bucks .. that's where all the action is for Black Friday and Cyber Monday

I understand advertising costs are a bitch in business .. but its a vital part if you want customers to see you.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @SpryServers_Tab said:
    We will not be supporting this company (not really a community anymore) ......

this ** **LExit

not just a matter of fees
    but the main issue is business intends

• @acidpuke said: silly to get upset for such a small amount.

Small amount? $200 a year from one provider, that's considerable. What is the annual cost of LET?

@acidpuke said:

If you only do ads occasionally just sign up for 3 months between Oct and Dec each year $40 bucks .. that's where all the action is for Black Friday and Cyber Monday

I understand advertising costs are a bitch in business .. but its a vital part if you want customers to see you.

Thanks for your support.

@Mastodont said: Small amount? $200 a year from one provider, that's considerable. What is the annual cost of LET?

For companies benefitting from LowEndTalk the $16/month is not a lot.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@tester4 said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:
    I've never used your service nor seen many people support or complain about yours. All the best to your future journey.

Thank you. I really am mainly posting this for those who are/were clients, so they know to find me elsewhere if they want to grab onto some deals later on.

At least have the balls to admit you made the post to say "here's what you're losing, Jon." You called him a dictator. For making decisions about his property that you don't like. You're an emotional wreck right now. You're not me, you weren't writing a post for your clients to hear you call someone names. That's something I'd do, not you.

This the man who quit Twitter etc over Donald Trump? Surely not :|

A US corporation censored the sitting president of the united states but okay, let's break it down like a Rachel Madcow viewer in a Facebook comment. Don't flaunt your intellectual prowess too hard lefty (it's okay I know you won't).

If you feel like anything happening here is remotely equivalent, I hope your mom packed you the right lunch today.

• @jar said:

@tester4 said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:

A US corporation censored the sitting president of the united states but okay, let's break it down like a Rachel Madcow viewer in a Facebook comment. Don't flaunt your intellectual prowess too hard lefty (it's okay I know you won't).

If you feel like anything happening here is remotely equivalent, I hope your mom packed you the right lunch today.

I actually lean right, but I can still point out blatant hypocrisy when you have done the exact same thing as Tab ;)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@tester4 said:

@jar said:

@tester4 said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:

I actually lean right, but I can still point out blatant hypocrisy when you have done the exact same thing as Tab ;)

Alright then fox news. You do think they're equivalent. That's hilarious.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @acidpuke said:

He literally said it wasn't the price, it's the ethics of it.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2022

@KermEd said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:
    We will not be supporting this company (not really a community anymore) any longer or paying to play. Spry Servers will continue to participate in other communities.

It's been fun while it lasted. To the community members: Thank you very much for your support over the years.

To the dictator: Please feel free to strip me of my provider tag. I won't be paying your invoice.

I for one completely understand and respect your decision. And I'm sure I'll see you on other boards :)

As much as @jbiloh has a right to demand people pay for the right to post a couple threads - we all have a right to tell him to go pound sand. And sometimes that needs to be done based on the principle of the situation.

Yes. He has every right to do that, and I would fight for his right to do so. I am a strong proponent of free-market capitalism, regardless of how my post may have been interpreted by some.

I also feel strongly about the freedom to voice opinion. The only time capitalism fails is when people say or do nothing and an entity doesn't even realized they're pushing people away.

Boycotts, strikes. Consumers and employees pushing back. The freedom to run your business however you like, however beautiful, is a double-edged sword. Also a beautiful thing. As a consumer (originally user representing my company - didn't know I was a consumer here until a week or two ago), the freedom to choose a different place to post my offers.

This being said @jbiloh, I respect the fact you haven't censored this thread. I'm glad I was proven wrong on my post. Thank you for allowing the criticism. That does take humility and I respect that.

Thanked by 1KermEd

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@KermEd said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

Yes. He has every right to do that, and I would fight for his right to do so. I am a strong proponent of free-market capitalism, regardless of how my post may have been interpreted by some.

I also feel strongly about the freedom to voice opinion. The only time capitalism fails is when people say or do nothing and an entity doesn't even realized they're pushing people away.

Boycotts, strikes. Consumers and employees pushing back. The freedom to run your business however you like, however beautiful, is a double-edged sword. Also a beautiful thing. As a consumer (originally user representing my company - didn't know I was a consumer here until a week or two ago), the freedom to choose a different place to post my offers.

This being said @jbiloh, I respect the fact you haven't censored this thread. I'm glad I was proven wrong on my post. Thank you for allowing the criticism. That does take humility and I respect that.

Work in progress right?

Within the critiques there have been quite a few good ideas. Many of which we've implemented in the past 4-5 days now.

I am 100% dedicated to making the LEB/LET platform the best version of itself possible.

Like I said before, hope you'll stick around. There is plenty of value to be found on LowEndTalk for hosting companies, even if they aren't actively publishing advertising threads.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

All the best. :)

Thanked by 2Arkas Liso
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@Hxxx said:
    @WebProject just to clarify, currently WHT is more flexible since you don't need a badge or sub to post ads, meaning you don't have to pay. In that sense LET still unique.

Yes, the WHT allow to post the ads once per 7 days.

Did anyone authorised to use my data for billing.lowendtalk.com? As account was created without my/our consent, so definetely any UK or EU providers do have rights to file GDPR complaint due to data is used without permissing.

• LeeLee Veteran

@WebProject said: Did anyone authorised to use my data for billing.lowendtalk.com?

This is totally screwed up.

@WebProject said: UK or EU providers do have rights to file GDPR complaint

Yeah, good luck with that.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited March 2022

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@KermEd said:

@acidpuke said:

maybe you read differently but it sure sounded to me like a money issue, maybe it isn't, just the way I read it .. either way I could care less .. it like getting upset over sandwich money such a small amount.

• @acidpuke said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@KermEd said:

@acidpuke said:

maybe you read differently but it sure sounds to me like a money issue, either way I could care less .. the amount of money we are talking here is sandwich money .. nothing to get upset about

Here you go:

@SpryServers_Tab said:
    Also, I'll be honest - to make a bit of a point as well. It's not that I can't afford to pay - it's that I won't. I can pay to advertise other places and see a much larger return.

edited March 2022

@KermEd said: @SpryServers_Tab said:
    Also, I'll be honest - to make a bit of a point as well. It's not that I can't afford to pay - it's that I won't. I can pay to advertise other places and see a much larger return.

I would be curious to know where you can get a better ROI. Genuinely intrigued if you are willing to share.

If I was still running a hosting company, which I haven't since I sold ColoCrossing in 2018, I would be tripping myself in a rush to gain access to this platform for $16/month. On the basis of comparing COST vs. exposure, gross revenues, net profits on advertised services, I'd think there is no better value in the entire industry.