Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good bye <3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good bye <3

SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
edited March 2022 in General

We will not be supporting this company (not really a community anymore) any longer or paying to play. Spry Servers will continue to participate in other communities.

It's been fun while it lasted. To the community members: Thank you very much for your support over the years.

I'm sure this post will get taken down by the dictator, but oh well.

To the dictator: Please feel free to strip me of my provider tag. I won't be paying your invoice.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Not an airport bro

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    Not an airport bro

Yet I'm still flying out

• @jar said: Not an airport bro

TBH nobody asked, either.

• Well, according to your price list, you are not a low end anyway.

• I've never used your service nor seen many people support or complain about yours. All the best to your future journey.

LET members don't usually miss the providers but the deals.

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab

@Mastodont said:
    Well, according to your price list, you are not a low end anyway.

You're absolutely right. However, over the years I've been pleased to offer LE-priced deals and promos.

Thanked by 1Aractus
    edited March 2022

@stevewatson301 said:

@jar said: Not an airport bro

TBH nobody asked, either.

Nobody asked you either.

edited March 2022

@mrclown said:
    I've never used your service nor seen many people support or complain about yours. All the best to your future journey.

Thank you. I really am mainly posting this for those who are/were clients, so they know to find me elsewhere if they want to grab onto some deals later on.

EDIT:
    Also, I'll be honest - to make a bit of a point as well. It's not that I can't afford to pay - it's that I won't. I can pay to advertise other places and see a much larger return. The blue forum doesn't even charge for providers to post. They offer upgraded posts, enhanced memberships, etc, which is completely different. Paying for that is something that is actually beneficial.

Thanked by 1Aractus
    edited March 2022

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:
    I've never used your service nor seen many people support or complain about yours. All the best to your future journey.

Thank you. I really am mainly posting this for those who are/were clients, so they know to find me elsewhere if they want to grab onto some deals later on.

At least have the balls to admit you made the post to say "here's what you're losing, Jon." You called him a dictator. For making decisions about his property that you don't like. You're an emotional wreck right now. You're not me, you weren't writing a post for your clients to hear you call someone names. That's something I'd do, not you.

edited March 2022

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:

At least have the balls to admit you made the post to say "here's what you're losing, Jon." You called him a dictator. For making decisions about his property that you don't like. You're an emotional wreck right now. You're not me, you weren't writing a post for your clients to hear you call someone names. That's something I'd do, not you.

You obviously missed my edit in the above post.

I'm not an emotional wreck at all. I called him a dictator because he's going around censoring and deleting peoples posts and replies he doesn't like in regards to all this. He's even overriding mods. He's a dictator.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I wonder how many more of these will pop up in the coming days/weeks.

@DP said:

If it's 3-6 it'll be referenced as equivalent to a pandemic.

Thanked by 2DP cybertech
    edited March 2022

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:

I'm not an emotional wreck at all. I called him a dictator because he's going around censoring and deleting peoples posts and replies he doesn't like in regards to all this. He's even overriding mods. He's a dictator.

I don't usually pay to host websites that try to give my name negative search results either. Can't imagine you would, that's weird.

Maybe he should be really nice and let you all put a "leave now" banner at the top of the site to drive everyone away. Doesn't he owe you enough to flush his assets down the toilet? Damn dictator.

Maybe next you want to put a sign in his yard turning away delivery drivers. Only a dictator wouldn't let you.

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:

I don't usually pay to host websites that try to give my name negative search results either. Can't imagine you would, that's weird.

Maybe he should be really nice and let you all put a "leave now" banner at the top of the site to drive everyone away. Doesn't he owe you enough to flush his assets down the toilet? Damn dictator.

Uhhh

Thanked by 2jar iKeyZ

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:

Uhhh

Can I put a "this host sucks" banner on the top of your website? Come on now don't be a nazi, let me do it.

• Aren't most if not all businesses a dictatorship? I'd be curious to learn of any democratically operated business..

• @jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:

Maybe next you want to put a sign in his yard turning away delivery drivers. Only a dictator wouldn't let you.

I do feel as if a forum is fundamentally a different type of website, and it wouldn't be weird to hope that it would allow criticism of its management?

I mean, I feel as if a lot of people would be outraged if a gaming company started censoring negative posts about itself on their forums.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur taizi
  • This comes off as childish tbh.

You run a for profit business and you're mad at another business for trying to produce revenue.

If you don't support the decisions, fine, but posting your departure? Bit corny lol.

Thanked by 2kalimov622 level6
  • kdhkdh Member

I agree that it is bs to charge provider fees for the small ones, but I don't think you're either 1) Providing Low-End Services 2) or being a small company. I believe you can earn more than what you spend on Provider Fees.

• VoidVoid Member

@SpryServers_Tab said:
    We will not be supporting this company (not really a community anymore) any longer or paying to play. Spry Servers will continue to participate in other communities.

It's been fun while it lasted. To the community members: Thank you very much for your support over the years.

To the dictator: Please feel free to strip me of my provider tag. I won't be paying your invoice.

So long and thanks for all the servers.
    Stripping tag cost will be $60 annually. It’s absurd but will you say goodbye to a provider who won’t even pay 5 bucks per month

• AidanAidan Member

@dahartigan said:
    Aren't most if not all businesses a dictatorship? I'd be curious to learn of any democratically operated business..

I can confirm that this works best in my sector.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited March 2022

@DP said:

Should create a Category called "Exits", and Providers should post their Exit Threads only in that Category.
    #LExit?

• @SpryServers_Tab said: You're absolutely right. However, over the years I've been pleased to offer LE-priced deals and promos.

Yeah that's exactly the issue with the new system. It's exclusively for low-end companies and won't entourage the high-end companies to be offering low-end deals on occasion.

@SpryServers_Tab said: They offer upgraded posts, enhanced memberships, etc, which is completely different. Paying for that is something that is actually beneficial.

Agreed. That kind of thing may work here as well.

• @jar said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

@mrclown said:

This the man who quit Twitter etc over Donald Trump? Surely not :|

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

MS said:

@DP said:

Should create a Category called "Exits", and Providers should post their Exit Threads only in that Category.
    #LExit?

Not only providers, but also members who ragequit.
    @skorupion has a profile picture that says "👑 QUIT LET and WENT AWAY".

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@SpryServers_Tab said:
    ... I called him a dictator because he's going around censoring and deleting peoples posts and replies he doesn't like in regards to all this. He's even overriding mods. He's a dictator.

Overriding mods? Oy vey, that's not something that frequently happens in millions of companies incl. yours, no, no, everywhere else one overrides CEOs from the bottom up ...

Oh and: deleting posts, if based on rules, is not called dictatorship but a working system. Just like providers terminating abusers is not dictatorship but enforcing the well known rules.

@ehhthing said:
    I do feel as if a forum is fundamentally a different type of website, and it wouldn't be weird to hope that it would allow criticism of its management?

So? @jbiloh not only tolerated lots of criticism (and frankly even quite a few emotional ad hominems) but he often even reacted constructively and always politely.

Thanked by 2miu Calin
  • out of curiosity how much does it cost to advertise here?

• @network33 said:
    out of curiosity how much does it cost to advertise here?

200$ for 6 months

• LisoLiso Member

@Hotmarer said:

@network33 said:
    out of curiosity how much does it cost to advertise here?

200$ for 6 months

$200 for a year, $100 for 6 months.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@SpryServers_Tab said: We will not be supporting this company (not really a community anymore) any longer or paying to play. Spry Servers will continue to participate in other communities.

LowEndTalk is an open platform available to all. I hope you'll stick around.

In case you were not aware Host Reps have the ability to:

1. Participate in all general conversation, just like all other members
    2. Reply to comments and threads that specifically reference their company
    3. Represent their company professionally
    4. Participate in the unified LowEndTalk sponsored “Mega Deal” thread(s), such as our Black Friday, Cyber Monday, New Year’s, etc, event threads. Host Rep users will be able to post their offers inside the Mega Deal thread, but not their own individual advertising threads. Individual advertising threads are limited to "Provider Tag" holders.
    5. Reply, with service offers, to user created service request threads within the "requests" category - https://lowendtalk.com/categories/requests
    6. Host Rep tag holders may advertise their company in their signature

Given that it appears you did not publish advertising threads often previously a Host Rep tag is probably a good fit for you.

Should you consider the value of publishing offers here on LowEndTalk the door is always open to transition to a Provider Tag. You're even able to pay quarterly now, and with the 20% discount it's just $40 for your first three months. If your company receives benefit from publishing offers, etc, then consider maintaining the Provider Tag and if not, you can cancel and you've lost basically nothing. $16/month ($13 for the first three months) is very little compared to the immense benefits this platform offers hosting providers and is a small way companies can give back towards the future improvement and support of our community and platform.

Either way, I wish you good luck and hope to see you around LowEndTalk -- and continuing to enjoy all the things that makes our community so unique.

All the best @SpryServers_Tab :)