Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gullo's Hosting | Guess who's back! | NAT, LittleVZ | New Locations and Bundles! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gullo's Hosting | Guess who's back! | NAT, LittleVZ | New Locations and Bundles!

Comments

• @Cam said:

Replying to posts? No rowing this (time of the) year?

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@vyas11 said:

@Cam said:

Replying to posts? No rowing this (time of the) year?

huh?

• LisoLiso Member

I'm using LVZ-512MB in SG and so far had positive experience, I can setup reverse proxy just fine.

But there is one thing bugging me, why is typing command so slow on ssh ? There is always noticeable delay up to 5-10 seconds, this does not happen to my other vps (but they had 1GB ram not sure if that related).

Is it because I installed 18.04 ? Should I go for lower releases ? Anyone had this issues

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

No delay in my case.
    LVZ-256MB in UK and US with Debian 10 distro at both locations.

I didn't do anything in particular here but try to set (uncomment) "UseDNS to no" in sshd_config (don't forget to reload ssh after that) to see if this make any difference.

You can also try to log in with "ssh -v" or "ssh -vvv" (ssh -v USER@IP -pPORT) to get some more info where it stuck.

• @Liso said: why is typing command so slow on ssh

maybe the node is using HDD

• LisoLiso Member

@comXyz said:

@Liso said: why is typing command so slow on ssh

maybe the node is using HDD

Indeed the node is using hdd, is it possible to upgrade/switch to ssd ? I thought the package only comes with hdd.

@Mumbly said: I didn't do anything in particular here but try to set (uncomment) "UseDNS to no" in sshd_config (don't forget to reload ssh after that) to see if this make any difference.

Will do that once I got back home, thanks :smiley:

• @Liso said:
    I'm using LVZ-512MB in SG and so far had positive experience, I can setup reverse proxy just fine.

But there is one thing bugging me, why is typing command so slow on ssh ? There is always noticeable delay up to 5-10 seconds, this does not happen to my other vps (but they had 1GB ram not sure if that related).

Is it because I installed 18.04 ? Should I go for lower releases ? Anyone had this issues

I can confirmed the similar slow situation is happens on both of my SG littleVZ vps for few weeks or months already.

• LisoLiso Member

Is it possible to run docker in these instance ? I tried to run uptime kuma but gave up with manual installation, I heard ovz doesnt support docker.

• @Liso said:
    Is it possible to run docker in these instance ? I tried to run uptime kuma but gave up with manual installation, I heard ovz doesnt support docker.

OpenVZ 7 supports Docker and you need 512mb ram at least.

• LisoLiso Member

@nick_ said:

@Liso said:

OpenVZ 7 supports Docker and you need 512mb ram at least.

Nice, I have 512mb package, it should work out of box right? Just wanted to install uptime kuma

• Yes, it should.

@go626201 said:

@Liso said:

I can confirmed the similar slow situation is happens on both of my SG littleVZ vps for few weeks or months already.

I will check the load on the node. It should be resolved soon

• LisoLiso Member
    edited August 2022

@nick_ said:
    Yes, it should.

Thanks, just wanted to say docker is working perfectly. I can spun up uptime kuma here, now I need to put it behind haproxy...

Also this is the first time I'm using docker— amazing tools, all I have to do just pull the docker image and it's already setup on port 3001. Easier then messing with nvm and npm and pm2. This tools totally amazing.

@Cam said: I will check the load on the node. It should be resolved soon

It feels lighter now, thank you very much.

• LVZ 512 is listed as $12 here but $18 on the website. Why the difference?

• @machinetto said:
    LVZ 512 is listed as $12 here but $18 on the website. Why the difference?

$12 is after $6 coupon is applied

Thanked by 1Cam
  • @stvna said:

@machinetto said:

Thanks @stvna , didn't know about the coupon.

I have a couple more questions for @Cam:

Would you be open to adding more recent rpm based distros such as Rocky Linux 9? Please?

What's the difference between LittleVZ and OpenVZ? I've only used KVMs so far, so is there any catch to these machines being so much cheaper than KVMs? besides the kernel difference mentioned in the FAQ.

When might Singapore 512mb/1gb options be in stock again?

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member
    edited August 2022

@stvna said:

@machinetto said:

I believe the coupon has expired

the coupon is still valid

@machinetto said:

@stvna said:

@machinetto said:

Thanks @stvna , didn't know about the coupon.

I have a couple more questions for @Cam:

Would you be open to adding more recent rpm based distros such as Rocky Linux 9? Please?

What's the difference between LittleVZ and OpenVZ? I've only used KVMs so far, so is there any catch to these machines being so much cheaper than KVMs? besides the kernel difference mentioned in the FAQ.

When might Singapore 512mb/1gb options be in stock again?

Its in stock now.

• Thanks @Cam. Would you be willing to add Rocky 9 to the distro list? If yes, I'll make a purchase immediately.

• clanclan Member

It is a pity that payment is not supported China UnionPay Alipay WeChat

@clan said:
    It is a pity that payment is not supported China UnionPay Alipay WeChat

Open a ticket. I can accept Alipay now.

Thanked by 1clan
  • @machinetto said:
    Thanks @Cam. Would you be willing to add Rocky 9 to the distro list? If yes, I'll make a purchase immediately.

I'll take that as a No :(

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@machinetto said:

@machinetto said:
    Thanks @Cam. Would you be willing to add Rocky 9 to the distro list? If yes, I'll make a purchase immediately.

I'll take that as a No :(

OpenVZ doesn't have a Rocky 9 template.
    https://src.openvz.org/projects/OVZT

Thanked by 1machinetto
  • Thanks yoursunny for the link. I see Alma 9 on the list or even Rocky 8. Both of these are much newer rpm based distros than Cent 7. I can understand the inhibition against Cent 8 as it switched to a rolling release model, but the new alternatives (Rocky/Alma) have been very good so far.

• Have a 128 NAT on node CHI-VZ2, "reinstall" seems NOT working. Tried via client, it showed success, but still using old OS. Tried via control panel, got same result.....Tried several tims on both sides, all showed success, but OS was not changed. What can I do? @Cam , please help.

@Smilence said:
    Have a 128 NAT on node CHI-VZ2, "reinstall" seems NOT working. Tried via client, it showed success, but still using old OS. Tried via control panel, got same result.....Tried several tims on both sides, all showed success, but OS was not changed. What can I do? @Cam , please help.

Open a ticket so I can take a look.

• @Cam said:

@Smilence said:
    Have a 128 NAT on node CHI-VZ2, "reinstall" seems NOT working. Tried via client, it showed success, but still using old OS. Tried via control panel, got same result.....Tried several tims on both sides, all showed success, but OS was not changed. What can I do? @Cam , please help.

Open a ticket so I can take a look.

The ticket #4683065 has been successfully created.

• @Smilence said: The ticket #4683065 has been successfully created.

Congratulations. Small wins matter!

• @Cam wtf man? Why are you actively ignoring my questions? Doesn't take much effort to simply say "Sorry, cannot accommodate this request".

@machinetto said:
    @Cam wtf man? Why are you actively ignoring my questions? Doesn't take much effort to simply say "Sorry, cannot accommodate this request".

@yoursunny answered your question for you. If I had known you were going to get upset for not hearing from me directly, then I would have responded but your question was already answered.

Sorry about that.