Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 332
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• miumiu Member

coughing on the money I stuffed there, left and lost

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jmaxwell said:

@miu said:

@jbiloh said:

And is tragi-comical that Virm ache still has here tag "top host", really total top.. After all what they show

There is no crime a few BilohBucks can’t cleanse.

Virmach received "Top Host" designation after the community voted them as such many years ago. Internally we (admins and mods) have discussed this and will be making some changes so that such designations are not "for life" but expire after X years.

Because this host is clearly experiencing some challenging times we are going to remove the "Top Host" designation. Should they return to the community, and should the community vote them as a "Top Host" in a future provider poll they will be eligible to receive the honor again.

• miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@jbiloh said:
    Virmach received "Top Host" designation after the community voted them

If now would be poll and vote for WORST and most UNRELIABLE provider of 2022, I think they would definitely win (and by a wide margin)

There are still 3 months left until the end of the year, but it would be already quite difficult for anyone to overcome them in this time (having more outages and epic failures than virm ache demonstrated)

Thanked by 1Epve
  • miumiu Member

@Calypso said:
    "What can be much worse"? Simple: hosts that take your money and after a few months or weeks just pull the plug

When deadpool, ok bright end = you move all away and then can have peace already (some time). But here, you go round and round on the same merry-go-round: online / offline, working / unreachable, 1 service fixed (after days weeks or months) / another down (for days weeks or months), opening ticket / ticket closed etc

• @miu said:

@Calypso said:
    "What can be much worse"? Simple: hosts that take your money and after a few months or weeks just pull the plug

When deadpool, ok bright end = you move all away and then can have peace already (some time). But here, you go round and round on the same merry-go-round: online / offline, working / unreachable, 1 service fixed (after days weeks or months) / another down (for days weeks or months), opening ticket / ticket closed etc

You can treat a 'disfunctional provider' the same as a deadpool provider. In both cases you loose your money and you don't have a VPS with them. It's up to you as a customer to do it that way - if you don't it's the customer's choice to go through the experience. So there is a real difference IMHO.

But you have to agree we disagree on this - as you said, you left, good on you. What's the point then in still spitting on a provider over and over again? You don't have a personal benefit from chaging the situation, you only get a short period of time in which you feel happy about behaving as that "former customer that wants to share his bad feeling upon a provider" - after which the frustration about what happened gets back again....

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@Calypso said:

@miu said:

@Calypso said:

You can treat a 'disfunctional provider' the same as a deadpool provider. In both cases you loose your money and you don't have a VPS with them. It's up to you as a customer to do it that way - if you don't it's the customer's choice to go through the experience. So there is a real difference IMHO.

But you have to agree we disagree on this - as you said, you left, good on you. What's the point then in still spitting on a provider over and over again? You don't have a personal benefit from chaging the situation, you only get a short period of time in which you feel happy about behaving as that "former customer that wants to share his bad feeling upon a provider" - after which the frustration about what happened gets back again....

at least you can warn those who are new and have no experience with them yet - when you share too your bad experiences and relating loses (so that they don't lose money unnecessarily like you), the same as you can to someone recommend good service and help him to right choice and decision

and imo, now, this is more of a scam than a provider and sane choice - the state they have reached: If they are not able in acceptable time fix unreachable services ok - but then they should REFUND users automatically (every normal/good provider such something automatically offered me without my asking, when longer unavailability occurred), but not ignore them and close their tickets without reply. Instead, they cheerfully send new invoices for services that are unavailable for weeks or months, this is not even a shame anymore, I can't imagine a more embarrassing mockery of a damaged customer than this. It borders on fraud when someone paid you for something and you don't deliver it to them, as you pretended (and instead of some repair you go to ask them for more money for undelivered/non-working things)

• My personal experience VirMach of recent with my dedicated server abruptly shut down at CC NY DC on 08/03/22, a service that was paid for till Dec 2022 which I had it since 2018. Was asked to open a ticket for replacement server and its almost 9 weeks and still have not received one. Had posted on other forum where VirMach is very active, he responded to many of my post but till date have not received a replacement server. Now this was not a cheap VPS server but a dedicated server so I would have expected them to either get me a replacement or compensated/refund for the duration of service I had already paid for in an adequate time.

With all these back and forth with false hopes from VirMarch, probably best I take my losses, simply move on and not looking back. Not worth the time and agitation. Do not plan to renew my services under them coming Nov. and forward. All the best to users who are still active with them.

• miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@bula said:
    With all these back and forth with false hopes from VirMarch, probably best I take my losses, simply move on and not looking back. Not worth the time and agitation. Do not plan to renew my services under them coming Nov. and forward. All the best to users who are still active with them.

That's exactly what I did too. (and my dedicated server also disappeared exactly the same way in Aug + tickets closed, the provider is dumb, deaf, blind.. and this is already not $4/y VPS..) But if someone despite all these published disasters, bad experiences and lessons is still decided put there another money and go and suffer to possible (maybe near) end, his choice. Good luck, and strong nerves and a much patience, virm ache believers.

• @VirMach You changed the IP's on nodes ATLZ007B and ATLZ010 AGAIN and then never built the routes out to the Internet. If I can't even ping 8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9 from my VPS; it's totally worthless. Speaking of totally worthless....well you know. That page full of services that are coming up for renewal.... NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
    Excuses are not results.
    The trust is LONG gone.

• Welcome to the Wailing Wall :-)

• @risturiz said:
    Welcome to the Wailing Wall :-)

I moved everything important off of @VirMach months ago. The servers are mostly idling waiting for the expiration on the annual renewal that is NOT going to happen. They could give them to me for FREE and I would not use them. The bridge is burned. I'm not a masochist.

• Meanwhile received another email “Emergency Maintenance on TPAZ003”. :lol:

• @bula said:
    My personal experience VirMach of recent with my dedicated server abruptly shut down at CC NY DC on 08/03/22, a service that was paid for till Dec 2022 which I had it since 2018. Was asked to open a ticket for replacement server and its almost 9 weeks and still have not received one. Had posted on other forum where VirMach is very active, he responded to many of my post but till date have not received a replacement server. Now this was not a cheap VPS server but a dedicated server so I would have expected them to either get me a replacement or compensated/refund for the duration of service I had already paid for in an adequate time.

Your expectations aren't unreasonable, and I definitely can't blame you for being done after your experience. It's a shame, because I was very satisfied with how the dedi fiasco was resolved for me. I got my replacement less than 2 weeks later, it exceeded my requests and was an upgrade all around from my previous server. I'm slightly bummed it moved to San Jose as I prefer Los Angeles, but the network is a noticeable improvement. I got a month credit for the ~12 days downtime, and I'm paid up again for another year. I don't know if I'm just exceptionally lucky with it, or if you were just exceptionally unlucky, but I'd be beyond frustrated if I was still waiting for a replacement.

Considering the market today, I pay a completely unsustainable price for my dedi and I honestly expected to just be refunded on the remaining contract and that was the end. I'm pretty happy to get an upgraded replacement and no price increase, because look at all the price increases going around elsewhere. My replacement has been good enough (and cheap enough) that I'm willing to stick around and see how things end up, though I won't be picking up any new services until/unless things go back to normal.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @bakageta said:

Your expectations aren't unreasonable, and I definitely can't blame you for being done after your experience. It's a shame, because I was very satisfied with how the dedi fiasco was resolved for me. I got my replacement less than 2 weeks later, it exceeded my requests and was an upgrade all around from my previous server. I'm slightly bummed it moved to San Jose as I prefer Los Angeles, but the network is a noticeable improvement. I got a month credit for the ~12 days downtime, and I'm paid up again for another year. I don't know if I'm just exceptionally lucky with it, or if you were just exceptionally unlucky, but I'd be beyond frustrated if I was still waiting for a replacement.

No, I had the same. Put a ticket in for each of my dedis and had the first within two days and the second within hours ( I waited a week to put my request in as I had enough backup compute to let others get theirs first). As I recall, Bula originally wanted to wait for SJ which was the hold up. Now they're not picky about location but no equivalent hardware/plan is available.

Considering the market today, I pay a completely unsustainable price for my dedi and I honestly expected to just be refunded on the remaining contract and that was the end. I'm pretty happy to get an upgraded replacement and no price increase, because look at all the price increases going around elsewhere. My replacement has been good enough (and cheap enough) that I'm willing to stick around and see how things end up, though I won't be picking up any new services until/unless things go back to normal.

Same here.

• @bakageta, @skorous
    I know many had received their replacement servers. Initially when they asked what location I preferred sure I requested for San Jose. Thats when I was informed a replacement would be assigned within a week or two. So I was fine with that but it had gone beyond this duration and I had been very patient with VirMach as service prior to this incident was great. Did not have much issues with their service since 2018. Though support started to slack from end of 2020, but little support was needed from my part.

Since VirMach stopped posting update on this forum and I later found out he has been active on the other, I joined there to interact with him to see if things can be speed up. As one can see there he had suggested various options and I agreed to all. Now almost 9 weeks out still have not received replacement server nor response via Ticket from initial request. I did not ask for anything outrageous specs or anything like that. All I wanted was what I paid for and similar specs I had prior. I have been civil and respectful as I know things like these happen. At the end I asked if VirMach is not able to fulfill obligation for service I signed and paid for, just flat out let me know so I can move on and not look back. So at this point I feel that is preciously what he is doing except putting in writing on the forum.

I am sure many users will stick with VirMach and I am totally fine with that, just disappointed as I kept getting false assurance. I do not plan to post any further response on the other forum as I do not see any point doing so as I feel there will be no resolution on their part.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited October 2022

Sounds like you got the yearly dedicated deal for $273 with the prospect of upgrading to a Ryzen setup in the future. I bought into the same BS none of it ever happened.

$273 for 12 months is $22.75 a month that is unsustainable, no money being made.

I can see why there not rushing to help you out, there is no incentive.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172637/virmach-dedicated-servers-from-27-mo-transfers-to-2-x-1tb-ssd-transfers-to-more-locations/p1

Thanked by 2miu Epve
  • @miu said:

@bula said:

That's exactly what I did too. (and my dedicated server also disappeared exactly the same way in Aug + tickets closed, the provider is dumb, deaf, blind.. and this is already not $4/y VPS..) But if someone despite all these published disasters, bad experiences and lessons is still decided put there another money and go and suffer to possible (maybe near) end, his choice. Good luck, and strong nerves and a much patience, virm ache believers.

You said you've moved away from Virmach, yet, you keep coming here to post. Got nothing else to do? :)

Everyone's millage could be different. Mine is great. Only had problem with one vps server out of 14. It literally takes me 3-5 clicks to move a site to a backup server with RunCloud during the worst of it (that lasted less than a week and cost me less than $15 to provision vps on Hatzner).

As for top provider tag, you can elect not to vote for them during this year's vote.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @acidpuke said:

I can see why there they're not rushing to help you out, there is no incentive.

And yet both of mine ( one at that price, one cheaper ) have been replaced. He's on a big plan than that one iirc which is what's limiting him.

• @acidpuke said:
    Sounds like you got the yearly dedicated deal for $273 with the prospect of upgrading to a Ryzen setup in the future. I bought into the same BS none of it ever happened.

$273 for 12 months is $22.75 a month that is unsustainable, no money being made.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172637/virmach-dedicated-servers-from-27-mo-transfers-to-2-x-1tb-ssd-transfers-to-more-locations/p1

If you are referring to me on the promo plan with prospect to Ryzen no I did not sign up that. I signed up back in Dec. 2018. I had no desire to have an upgraded hardware as I was simply using for backup purposes.

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited October 2022

@acidpuke said:

I don't think that's right, mine is only $234/yr and that hasn't seemed to matter at all.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited October 2022

no worries best of luck .. $19.50 a month don't think that covers electricity much less anything else.. if your dedicated servers can be turned off without notice with no chance of recovering data what makes you think it wont happen again.

I understand chasing the best deal and when something is priced below common sense you put up with a lot of things, I feel I got burned and prefer not to have it happen again.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @acidpuke said:
    if your dedicated servers can be turned off without notice with no chance of recovering data what makes you think it wont happen again. I understand chasing the best deal and when something is priced below common sense you put up with a lot of things, I feel I got burned and prefer not to have it happen again.

For what I use it for, it's not that big of a deal if it disappears forever suddenly. I knew that was a possibility with a server this cheap, and anyone who doesn't plan for that at this price point is just being naive. The unsustainable deals aren't for everyone, if the risk isn't worth it for you anymore I can understand that, but it's not an unexpected risk.

• TYOC026 down ;(

• @jbiloh said:

@jmaxwell said:

@miu said:

@jbiloh said:

And is tragi-comical that Virm ache still has here tag "top host", really total top.. After all what they show

Virmach received "Top Host" designation after the community voted them as such many years ago. Internally we (admins and mods) have discussed this and will be making some changes so that such designations are not "for life" but expire after X years.

Because this host is clearly experiencing some challenging times we are going to remove the "Top Host" designation. Should they return to the community, and should the community vote them as a "Top Host" in a future provider poll they will be eligible to receive the honor again.

Wouldn't it be easy to simply add year to the tag so that it says "Top Host 2022" or whatever? That way it is immediately obvious if a tag is somewhat dated, and also, a provider could boost multiple "Top Host" tags if they get it for several years.
    This way you would never have to remove a tag either, since it is specific only for the year that they earned it.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@rcy026 said:

@jbiloh said:

@jmaxwell said:

@miu said:

@jbiloh said:

Wouldn't it be easy to simply add year to the tag so that it says "Top Host 2022" or whatever? That way it is immediately obvious if a tag is somewhat dated, and also, a provider could boost multiple "Top Host" tags if they get it for several years.
    This way you would never have to remove a tag either, since it is specific only for the year that they earned it.

This is one of the options being considered.

Thanked by 2rcy026 miu
  • Thanked by 2miu ariq01
  • miumiu Member

@Ganonk said:
    @deank :#

End is nigh? :smiley:

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@bula said:
    My personal experience VirMach of recent with my dedicated server abruptly shut down at CC NY DC on 08/03/22, a service that was paid for till Dec 2022 which I had it since 2018. Was asked to open a ticket for replacement server and its almost 9 weeks and still have not received one. Had posted on other forum where VirMach is very active, he responded to many of my post but till date have not received a replacement server. Now this was not a cheap VPS server but a dedicated server so I would have expected them to either get me a replacement or compensated/refund for the duration of service I had already paid for in an adequate time.

know many had received their replacement servers. Initially when they asked what location I preferred sure I requested for San Jose. Thats when I was informed a replacement would be assigned within a week or two. So I was fine with that but it had gone beyond this duration and I had been very patient with VirMach as service prior to this incident was great. Did not have much issues with their service since 2018. Though support started to slack from end of 2020, but little support was needed from my part.

Since VirMach stopped posting update on this forum and I later found out he has been active on the other, I joined there to interact with him to see if things can be speed up. As one can see there he had suggested various options and I agreed to all. Now almost 9 weeks out still have not received replacement server nor response via Ticket from initial request. I did not ask for anything outrageous specs or anything like that. All I wanted was what I paid for and similar specs I had prior. I have been civil and respectful as I know things like these happen. At the end I asked if VirMach is not able to fulfill obligation for service I signed and paid for, just flat out let me know so I can move on and not look back. So at this point I feel that is preciously what he is doing except putting in writing on the forum.

I am sure many users will stick with VirMach and I am totally fine with that, just disappointed as I kept getting false assurance. I do not plan to post any further response on the other forum as I do not see any point doing so as I feel there will be no resolution on their part.

You have my respect: you are a wise, intelligent and yet modest person (I don't mean this ironically) Maybe even with a harmful amount of patience, consideration and tolerance in today's unfair world

• FYI: nodes ATLZ007B and ATLZ010 are reachable, WOW what a concept /sarc

• miumiu Member

@techwiz44 said:
    FYI: nodes ATLZ007B and ATLZ010 are reachable, WOW what a concept /sarc

Good progress, for how long?

This discussion has been closed.