Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 331
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

@MallocVoidstar said:
    My Tokyo VPS had maybe 3 days of downtime around when I first bought it, and a few times it had very slow network (fixed a while back). Other than that it's been working totally fine.

Uptime of a service I'm running on it. Actual VPS uptime is 100% since Aug 31 (when I started ping monitoring).

Then what is your though to people that affect more downtime than yours ?
    Are acceptable or not?

Btw this is mine

It could be worst result as i reset the stats 4 - 6 month a go but still this bad

• Your post said that the Tokyo VPSes are all useless except for YABS, so I showed that mine is useful.

Thanked by 2netomx NFSC
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

@MallocVoidstar said:
    Your post said that the Tokyo VPSes are all useless except for YABS, so I showed that mine is useful.

You don't get it what i said

I said vm that affect more downtime like in Tokyo, has no use it at first since provisioned, what use for it when got downtime regularly, so it useless

So basically there is no matter and there is no point wether they refund it partially (If they really to refund it) since vm itself has no use from start , It is like experimental VM that it must be downtime anytime soon (So that I suggest for them to full refund to the victim)

• iqbaliqbal Member
    edited September 2022

@jbiloh, virmach is very active in another forum, they just avoid this forum.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@iqbal said:

Well, doesn't seem like a smart approach to business to me.

Thanked by 2miu netomx
  • @jbiloh said:

@iqbal said:

Meh; the atmosphere here around them is so utterly toxic, I can see why they don't think it's worth them wasting their time coming here. If you don't see that, you must have not actually read any of their threads for the last 3 months.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@ahnlak said:

@jbiloh said:

@iqbal said:

Meh; the atmosphere here around them is so utterly toxic, I can see why they don't think it's worth them wasting their time coming here. If you don't see that, you must have not actually read any of their threads for the last 3 months.

What exactly is toxic?

• @jbiloh said:

@ahnlak said:

@jbiloh said:

@iqbal said:

What exactly is toxic?

If you've honestly read anything in the last few months and don't see it, then I'm not sure what I can tell you. Yes, Virmach has had a run of total train wrecks (not all of them their own making) but to read the threads here you'd think they'd been going around eating the first born of all their customers.

I've said before, if they came here with $100 and puppies for everyone they'd still be lynched. Snarkily 'commenting' that they don't bother to come here any more as if you don't understand it is just ... weird.

• theloafingonetheloafingone Member
    edited September 2022

My Tokyo VPS had a few issues when first provisioned but no problems recently. If you've had downtime get the proper extension compensation. If that's not good enough just push for a refund.

• Now their new IPs from Alibaba are announced as Zenlayer

• Stal> @vpssh said:

Now their new IPs from Alibaba are announced as Zenlayer

Until next migration

Thanked by 2vpssh miu
  • Hello, virmach
    I used less than 1% bandwidth,but system said i'am out and suspended it.
    Please fix it, and make my vps alive
    thank you , I love virmach

• @zhwandzcx said:
    Hello, virmach
    I used less than 1% bandwidth,but system said i'am out and suspended it.
    Please fix it, and make my vps alive
    thank you , I love virmach

View Ticket #903705

• @jperkins said:
    Tokyo About to go down again . Scheduled maintenance. 72 hrs. possible migration.

Dear VirMach Customers,

The Tokyo location has multiple servers facing different issues, mainly TYOC040, TYOC035, and more recently TYOC026. While these are only affecting a small percentage of customers in Tokyo, we will be beginning a maintenance window in approximately 24 hours from now, from Wednesday, September 28, at 2AM US pacific time (or 6PM Tokyo time.)

This window will last approximately 72 hours and your service may be rebooted or migrated.

We will attempt to provide additional updates and a short notice on our network status page for when nodes are specifically affected:
    https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php

We understand this maintenance is not convenient, but it is necessary to avoid continued delays in having a permanent solution. If you are facing any issues within the next week and are in the Tokyo location, please first refer to the network status page for information, before creating a ticket. We will communicate all specific changes there, which may include migrations or IP address changes. Customers on the storage node may receive additional communication via ticket, so please pay attention to your tickets if you have a storage service.

If you receive multiple copies of this email, it means multiple services are potentially impacted. Most customers will not be affected, but we are notifying you in any case.

Thank you,

The VirMach Team

My VM was running fine on TYOC034, no downtimes. After maintenance, they migrated it to TYOC026 and I can't access my VM now. It's always offline. I already tried to reinstall but no luck.

• jperkinsjperkins Member
    edited October 2022

@jcolideles said:

@jperkins said:
    **Tokyo About to go down again . Scheduled maintenance. 72 hrs. possible

My VM was running fine on TYOC034, no downtimes. After maintenance, they migrated it to TYOC026 and I can't access my VM now. It's always offline. I already tried to reinstall but no luck.

I am on TYOCO35 and it wasnt touched. no migration nor reboot. It's been working fine, 17 days uptime,

except for an apparently throttled per connection network speed back to USA . one thread of iperf3 gets 107 Mbits/sec. 10 threads gets 663 Mbits/sec . Got another VPS from another provider, in Canada. it gets about 500 Mbits/sec irregardless of threads. Not a deal breaker considering the price.

Time will tell. Think I've lost 2 weeks total so far . Not as bad as other people's problems, but ... Ya pretty much have to go to the other place to get the info . I have till black Friday to make a decision

• miumiu Member

@ahnlak said:

@jbiloh said:

@iqbal said:

Sure (blind ppl cannot see main reason) = that in first line and main problem is that approach of VIRMACH to customers is fantastic: services and multiple nodes unavailable weeks or months (and is tragicomical they send new invoice for renew of services what are unusable or unknown whole weeks), ticket closed without reply, IGNORANCE, ARROGANCE, unability normally work. Ok, let drill into your knee bcs $4 VPS and defend next these unable ignorants and now scammers (if someone do not delivery weeks or months what customers have paid, and ignore them = this is SCAMMER, not serious hosting)

• miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

And i am very curious if their FANS with their $2-4 or 7 $/y VPSes will allow them survive, when critical part of real customers who fed them will be gone. I paid them within years > $1000 and had +40 services, but due from their ignorance and arrogance I threw all it behind my head (mean i will renew nothing, I wrote them off definitely, one of most worst "provders" what i ever seen), and imo there are many other customers essentially important for them (paying hundreds or more $ yearly, not screaming "defenders & blind, stone FANS" with their 2-4$ / y VPSes..) but who have too enough of them and leaved or will rather leave than paid for something what not work and support is most worse what i ever seen. (personally killed time with these shitters cost me several time more that i saved on their cheap SHITS). Yes , i understand when u have 1 or 2 VPSes for < $10/y and luckily both of them are just UP, u will celebrate how good is this hosting. But when u would have 20 or 40 services and many of them have regularly troubles and regularly are unavailable - then your angle of view, enthusiasm and willignes next feed them would be changed.
    i will very suprised if VIRM ACHE will still live and operating after nearest BF and New Year
    BTW: here are several providers who did BIG MOVE (from old XEON on new AMD etc, similar) and i do not remember nobody so epic failed like VIRM ACHE -> VIRM ACHE play on bigger provider than in real is and how has capacity (staff and their ability) ever serve for such amount of customers (each wise provider will offer only so much how is able SAFELY manage (incl. working support) instead go to such collapses and disasters like virm ache shows whole months)

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2022

@miu said:
    And i am very curious if their FANS with their $2-4 or 7 $/y VPSes will allow them survive, when critical part of real customers who fed them will be gone. I paid them within years > $1000 and had +40 services, but due from their ignorance and arrogance I threw all it behind my head (mean i will renew nothing, I wrote them off definitely, one of most worst "provders" what i ever seen), and imo there are many other customers essentially important for them (paying hundreds or more $ yearly, not screaming "defenders & blind, stone FANS" with their 2-4$ / y VPSes..) but who have too enough of them and leaved or will rather leave than paid for something what not work and support is most worse what i ever seen. (personally killed time with these shitters cost me several time more that i saved on their cheap SHITS). Yes , i understand when u have 1 or 2 VPSes for < $10/y and luckily both of them are just UP, u will celebrate how good is this hosting. But when u would have 20 or 40 services and many of them have regularly troubles and regularly are unavailable - then your angle of view, enthusiasm and willignes next feed them would be changed.
    i will very suprised if VIRM ACHE will still live and operating after nearest BF and New Year
    BTW: here are several providers who did BIG MOVE (from old XEON on new AMD etc, similar) and i do not remember nobody so epic failed like VIRM ACHE -> VIRM ACHE play on bigger provider than in real is and how has capacity (staff and their ability) ever serve for such amount of customers (each wise provider will offer only so much how is able SAFELY manage (incl. working support) instead go to such collapses and disasters like virm ache shows whole months)

if you need for serious work on such a large scale, currently i dont think virmach is that stable.

but if just for fun, torrent, plex, vpn, it's really nice when vps is online.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@cybertech said:
    if you need for serious work on such a large scale, currently i dont think virmach is that stable.

but if just for fun, torrent, plex, vpn, it's really nice when vps is online.

I have used these cheap LE VPSes (not only virmach but most of all other) usually for small SEO buffers websites or as nGinx reverse cache proxy / front end (main advantages are many different C-Classes IPv4s cheapest as possible). I do not lose millions when these sites are offline / unreachable (additionally if it is few hours - ok, but more, i risk their deindexing from SE, so entire my effort then lose sense), BUT definitely: Rather as i should still something (issues w host) check, fix, move, restore from backup etc i will rather pay a bit and peels more but save sea of useless killed time for these headaches (last months i do not remember 1 week when i at virm ache not got faced with some problem and stupid surprises - some VPS unreachable, or network poor, Ip changed (multiple times) + get multiple blacklisted ones & invoices for "blacklisted ips fees"/ vps "urgently" migrated, solus panel not working, tickets closed w/o response, dedicated servers "migrated" and from this time gone into unknown - paid servers, when open tickets - ignored or closed, and after another 4w they sent me invoice for its renewal - this is really already enough... this can be called usable hosting?) No, thanks, never more.. There are still enough amount of good and usable LE other providers for small cheap VPSes for non-difficult using (maybe not $4 or $8/y, but 12-20/y surely yes) where sites can be running months (or years) without these useless troubles, time killing and frustrations (is so nice begin day with finding that something does not work, regularly) and i do not care more about few $ moreover, this "provider" forced me move all away (and not by one reason or 1 day when I didn't sleep well, but for whole bunch of reasons or regular failures within months).

If someone had asked me about virmach 2 years ago, the answer would have been: poor performance, but ok: bcs very cheap + quite stable (not bad uptime overall)
    At first I was excited about their switch to AMD and praised them, I probably shouldn't have done that and it backfired on me :wink: I regret, But after their progress, where did they get to: The answer would be now - needlessly wasted time, nerves and money, + absolutely unable support closing tickets instead solutions, useless for practically nothing, really max for fun for someone - or good feeling that "ah i have VPS for $4 or 7$/y, so nice.." (I review and conclude this based on tens of services there, not with 1 or 2 cheap vps what are just now luckily up (virm ache warriors way)).

Another thing: imo most sale what they got ever (within years) was from here - LET and its BF sales, so ignore all harmed customers and LET completely without any redress is only another a manifestation of their arrogance and bad attitude towards the customers who sent them their money, about failures and technical troubles we can discuss (this can happen to every one, and when there is visible effort and hard work fix it all, honestly provider, maybe can be forgivable time at time, bcs surely nobody is perfect), but when provider completely ignore you, you see instead effort only arrogance and ignorance and close your tickets w/o reply where services are weeks and months down - absolutely unacceptable for me (and probably for most ppl, other customers too).

I will ever not surprised if they become after new year another deadpool (or forced sell it all, if it is will be ever still possible, bcs they still go downhill faster and more - mainly thanks to their total ignoring of customers, not only for technical problems and accidents)

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • IP change again. Downtime again. Troubles again unfortunately.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • miumiu Member
    edited October 2022

@lovelyserver said:
    IP change again. Downtime again. Troubles again unfortunately.

Unfortunately: This is regular and usual "virm ache" state (around, from their "big & epic upgrade"). If you wanna be their customer - this must be ok for you (nothing terrible and to complaining) and you must accept it and calculate with it (their reliable repeating outages and zero-support/ignorance). Because their customer and company philosophy is: "You pay cheapest prices on the market, so what you want to hell, you ungrateful clown, why do you even dare to complain about anything??" You should be silence and gratefully thank to them, that they are so wiling and sometime all work as should". If you are unsatisfied with this disaster and terrible approach = you are TOXIC!

• how to use ipv6 in japan

• @ahnlak said:

@jbiloh said:
    What exactly is toxic?

I've said before, if they came here with $100 and puppies for everyone they'd still be lynched. Snarkily 'commenting' that they don't bother to come here any more as if you don't understand it is just ... weird.

Well, to be honest, I still think VirMach can be a good provider for LET purposes, as long as you don't expect first class "everything" from them.

However, being a 'sufferer' from them due to an outage for over a month, I can relate to some of the harsh comments made about them. Mainly because, seen from the customer, they don't do very well in giving the customer the feeling that they care.

Here is my own experience with the downtime. VPS is unreachable. That can happen, it's lowend. I'm connecting to the VPS through console and see it's running but isn't able to reach the outside world. I decide to wait for a number of hours (it's lowend, I know they're busy, it does look like something out of my control so they might have bigger problems and I'll just wait for a solution). No change, so I make a ticket. It's low end, so I try to make a ticket that doesn't scream "Priority", so on a moderate level, etc.

After a number of days, suddenly my ticket is closed. No reply, nothing, just closed. And the VPS is still unreachable. So I'm opening a new ticket, asking what happened, and explaning that the VPS is still unreachable. Then the waiting game begins again, and the ticket is closed with "you should open a priority ticket for this". I deliberately did not do that, but if that's what you want... And again, opened priority ticket, lots of information on it, wait, wait, wait, and then it's asking for even more information that (in my opinion) should be in their database anyway. Provided that, and then the waiting game continues.

In the meanwhile, after more than one month, the VPS is suddenly reachable again. So I want to add to the ticket that it seems to be solved, but I'm wondering what the cause was. But I can't add something to the ticket, the only option is to wait (and leave the ticket in their "priority queue") or to close the ticket.

With every ticket you put in with Virmach, you get a number of warnings basically telling you that they don't like you to put in tickets. I understand that from their perspective when they have lots of customers putting in tickets without a good reason, but for me, as a "normal" and upto that moment more or less positive customer, it's putting me off and basically stacking up frustration.

Yes, I know I'm having a cheap-ass VPS. Yes, I know that something can go wrong/have to migrate IP addresses/whatever. But to be honest, my patience was already put to test when ordering at the end of 2021 and only being able to start using the VPS in May 2022. When there is a technical fault that clearly is beyond my control, why do I need to have over a month of downtime without any feedback from the provider? If they handled things a bit more customer-friendly, and not as a bunch of burnt-out helpdeskers, the response they would get (even with many problems) would be totally different.

• miumiu Member

@Calypso said:

@ahnlak said:

@jbiloh said:
    What exactly is toxic?

My apologies, but when they take money from customers and they have promised something to them (promised them delivering of working services), then they are OBLIGATED to come here when bunch of ustomers ask and explain + resolve problems (however their clients curse you ("sure only so - without reason")) because they took their (customers) money!

But virm ache is not ignoring only customers here, but also on their pages = closing tickets without resolving issues. Services are regularly and around unreachable, and outages are not in minutes or hours, but in days, weeks and month. This state currently remain whole months, this is not bad day or week.

Definitely, how still can someone defend them that "this is not so bad.."?? What can be more worse there when regularly something for which u paid is unusable/offline/unreachable days week months, and they are ignoring you and closing you tickets without solution?

• miumiu Member

@Calypso said: But to be honest, my patience was already put to test when ordering at the end of 2021 and only being able to start using the VPS in May 2022.

This is normal for Virmach and their warriors (who have 1 cheap VPS what is luckily currently UP), that you (as less lucky customer) have prepaid 12 month but your service is from it 3, 4 or 6 months unavailable, unrechable, offline, migrating ... Nothing terrible and for complain there, so usual practices in webhosting world. Closed ticket without response and solution? How you dare even complain for anything, you are toxic, no they doing clown from you as paying customer.

• miumiu Member

@jbiloh said:

And is tragi-comical that Virm ache still has here tag "top host", really total top.. After all what they show

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • @miu said:

@jbiloh said:

And is tragi-comical that Virm ache still has here tag "top host", really total top.. After all what they show

There is no crime a few BilohBucks can’t cleanse.

• @miu said:
    Definitely, how still can someone defend them that "this is not so bad.."?? What can be more worse there when regularly something for which u paid is unusable/offline/unreachable days week months, and they are ignoring you and closing you tickets without solution?

This still doesn't make it normal behaviour (in my opinion) to do threats as some have been made on this forum. Sorry to say, but if you want first class support, you have to pay first class price. What Virmach does here is not OK - let's get that straight - but I also realise that that's the risk I took when taking a VPS with them. Simply because the prices were that low. And I'm still looking, and hoping, for a solution, like they've done in the past by extending the period.

"What can be much worse"? Simple: hosts that take your money and after a few months or weeks just pull the plug - Webplot has done this just recently for example.

And put things into perspective: if the worst that can happen to you is that your VirMach VPS goes offline for a longer period of time, then you must have a miserable life. The world is still turning and you are still alive - you should know that a service that presents itself as LowEnd could LET you down - get on with it.

• miumiu Member

@Calypso said:
    And put things into perspective: if the worst that can happen to you is that your VirMach VPS goes offline for a longer period of time, then you must have a miserable life. The world is still turning and you are still alive - you should know that a service that presents itself as LowEnd could LET you down - get on with it.

Personally, it's not worth the few dollars I've saved to spoil my day with them regularly, that's why I left

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
This discussion has been closed.