Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 280
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• noamannoaman Member

Not sure what is going on nowdays but all most all of my VPS are down.

The ones which I didn't want to migrate is also down :disappointed:

• pwnedpwned Member
    edited July 2022

@delimiter said:
    Is anyone on LAXA031 having a network issue?
    I can VNC into the server, but the server seems can not connect to the internet.

Tried:
    Reconfigure the network, not working
    Edit /etc/network/interface, changing eth0 to ens3, not working
    Edit /etc/network/interface, changing to DHCP, not working

output from ip -4 r and ip -4 a? what does /etc/network/interfaces look like?

• delimiterdelimiter Member
    edited July 2022

@pwned said:

@delimiter said:
    I can VNC into the server, but the server seems can not connect to the internet.

Tried:

output from ip -4 r and ip -4 a? what does /etc/network/interfaces look like?

ip r

ip a

cat /etc/network/interface

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@delimiter said:

Tried:

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-debian-9-x86_64-minimal-latest
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2021-07-05

I have no idea why it won't work? I have 2 other servers which work fine after reconfigure the network and then rebooting.

I like people that read. You have done all the right stuff. Only suggestion is to get rid of all the eth0:0 config as that is the old colo-crossing ip. Then reboot. I don't think that will fix you, but it should not be there anyway.

• pwnedpwned Member

@delimiter said:

Sorry, I don't see anything obviously wrong. It may not be you. I tried pinging your gateway (worked), but when I tried 10 or 20 random IPs in your subnet none replied. Hardly conclusive, but enough to make me wonder if the gateway is routing correctly.

I'm guessing your server can ping the new gateway, right? If you traceroute or mtr an external host, do you see anything past the new gateway?

Thanked by 1delimiter
  • _MS__MS_ Member

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @>; @FAT32 said:

Is it just me that additional IPs are lost after scheduled migration?

My San Jose has not recovered yet, and has been out of contact for more than a month. Reply tickets are also not processed. I believe it's not just me who has this problem, please do us justice. :'(

• vpsshvpssh Member

@fr33styl3 said:
    FFME005.VIRM.AC disks not available again

You're lucky. My VPS on FFME has got disk unavailability more that a week.

• @FrankZ said:

@delimiter said:

Tried:

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-debian-9-x86_64-minimal-latest
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2021-07-05

I have no idea why it won't work? I have 2 other servers which work fine after reconfigure the network and then rebooting.

I like people that read. You have done all the right stuff. Only suggestion is to get rid of all the eth0:0 config as that is the old colo-crossing ip. Then reboot. I don't think that will fix you, but it should not be there anyway.

I will remove the eth0:0 and see how it goes
    Thank you for the advice.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @pwned said:

@delimiter said:

Sorry, I don't see anything obviously wrong. It may not be you. I tried pinging your gateway (worked), but when I tried 10 or 20 random IPs in your subnet none replied. Hardly conclusive, but enough to make me wonder if the gateway is routing correctly.

I'm guessing your server can ping the new gateway, right? If you traceroute or mtr an external host, do you see anything past the new gateway?

Before I post it, I can not ping the gateway, only thing that response is loop back.
    I have no other info about the subnet and gateway or maybe I missed , I can only use the configuration from reconfigure network and dhcp.

• DanSummerDanSummer Member
    edited July 2022

@delimiter said: Is anyone on LAXA031 having a network issue? I can VNC into the server, but the server seems can not connect to the internet.

I have a server on that node and its behaving the same way.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@delimiter @DanSummer I am curious if you are seeing any martian source lines in your
    /var/log/messages or journal ?

ll header: 00000000: ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 13 1c 0e 7d 0a 06 00        ........<.{...
    Jul  5 11:00:00 example kernel: IPv4: martian source 255.255.255.255 from 149.57.153.xx, on dev eth0

Thanked by 1delimiter
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2022

My VM on ATLZ010 looks migrated.
    Needed to reconfigure network, then it was online.

However, the VM on DALZ009, is dead.
    The Subnet is not routed yet?

edit: Private IP Range.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@delimiter said: Is anyone on LAXA031 having a network issue?

Not sure what happened with this one. The IP addresses are all over the place so when we tested a few they worked but a good amount have the wrong IP addresses. I'm guessing someone made a mistake, looking into it.

Thanked by 2FrankZ delimiter
  • @FrankZ said:
    @delimiter @DanSummer I am curious if you are seeing any martian source lines in your
    /var/log/messages or journal ?

ll header: 00000000: ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 13 1c 0e 7d 0a 06 00        ........<.{...
    Jul  5 11:00:00 example kernel: IPv4: martian source 255.255.255.255 from 149.57.153.xx, on dev eth0

grep martian from /var/log/messages return nothing, same as journal...

Thanked by 2FrankZ DanSummer
  • VoidVoid Member

NY10GKVM39
    Another node with dead servers after migration.

• dudududu Member

@delimiter The same issue in LAXA031 with CentOS 7. Go through all steps which you and @FrankZ talked about, still can not make it connect the internet. Service is online, node is not, did "Reconfigure Networking" twice, checked all settings about networks.

@VirMach said: Not sure what happened with this one. The IP addresses are all over the place so when we tested a few they worked but a good amount have the wrong IP addresses. I'm guessing someone made a mistake, looking into it.

Glad to hear about that.

• @VirMach said:

@delimiter said: Is anyone on LAXA031 having a network issue?

Not sure what happened with this one. The IP addresses are all over the place so when we tested a few they worked but a good amount have the wrong IP addresses. I'm guessing someone made a mistake, looking into it.

Same thing with PHXZ003. There's no access to control panel error: Invalid vserverid or username.

That means no access to reconfigure the network.

• @jmaxwell said:
    NY10GKVM39
    Another node with dead servers after migration.

I've got one on NY10GKVM36 that I can VNC into just fine, still playing with network settings though. Reconfigure network didn't solve it. Not a big deal to me as it just idles, just adding my input.

My migrated one on RYZE.ATL-Z010.VMS is up and running after a quick automatic network reconfigure and it is quick and responsive, I am definitely happy with this free upgrade.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited July 2022

@BlazinDimes said: I've got one on NY10GKVM36 that I can VNC into just fine, still playing with network settings though.

This is not Ryzen node, this old Intel/ColoCrossing node, this wasn't migrate at all [or yet?] (or migration broken hard). Check your cat /proc/cpuinfo

• @JabJab said:

@BlazinDimes said: I've got one on NY10GKVM36 that I can VNC into just fine, still playing with network settings though.

This is not Ryzen node, this old Intel/ColoCrossing node, this wasn't migrate at all [or yet?] (or migration broken hard). Check your cat /proc/cpuinfo

Nah, that's not one that's supposed to be migrated afaik, and still resides on its original node, the one that was migrated is working fine.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@poljik said: Boot failed: could not read the boot disk

Mine got fixed like 30 minutes ago.

But another VPS, it is online but the route is not working, or I dont know how to say it. I try to ping it, and ping says:

Destination net unreachable

edited July 2022

@Neoon said: DALZ009

You mean the network?

I am on RYZE.DAL-Z006.VMS there. Online but IPs not working.

EDIT:

And too afraid to raise a ticket. $15 is too much :( bcc @VirMach

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@netomx said: But another VPS, it is online but the route is not working, or I dont know how to say it. I try to ping it, and ping says:

Just a suggestion, check in the billing/SolusVM panel if the IP changed.
    I just had another one on DALZ003 change about 2 hours ago.
    VirMach seems to be straitening out the subnet issues.

Thanked by 1BlazinDimes

@FrankZ said:

@netomx said: But another VPS, it is online but the route is not working, or I dont know how to say it. I try to ping it, and ping says:

Just a suggestion, check in the billing/SolusVM panel if the IP changed.
    I just had another one on DALZ003 change about 2 hours ago.

I have the new IP. I log to my VPS using VNC, I can get the new IP, but I cant ping outside. Do I need or raise a ticket, or do I just wait?

I dont mind to wait, IF they know this problem already.

Reply from 8.243.220.41: Destination net unreachable.

• CrabCrab Member
    edited July 2022

I had my ATL VM migrated today. It was offline and boot from control panel didn't work. After unmounting 'Custom ISO', it started just fine with old data intact, but network was incorrect. VNC worked ok, so put the new IP and gateway into the network settings, restarted the networking and everything is working now. Additional IPs obviously won't work, so hopefully they'll get replaced soon. 2/3 migrations without hiccups done -knocks on wood-

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@netomx said: I have the new IP. I log to my VPS using VNC, I can get the new IP, but I cant ping outside. Do I need or raise a ticket, or do I just wait?

If you installed from template you should just need to hit the reconfigure networking button in SolusVM and it should start working. If you installed from an ISO and have a different network adapter ID than eth0, I would suggest to VNC in and change the network configs (IP, gateway, subnet) manually, then reboot.

Thanked by 1VayVayKa
  • FZhangFZhang Member

i have two servers in NY that completed migration to ryzen. Even though they are 6core 6gb ram, they are operating really really slow. Any commands I input takes at least 30 seconds before it shows up in the input window. In addition, the connection constantly drops every 3 hours or so. (they do come back within 2-3 minute).

I have one server left in NY that is still on the intel server running the 3core 4gb ram. It's running much faster and smoother and doesn't disconnect compared to ryzen.

Is anyone having this much issues issues?

edited July 2022

@FZhang said: Is anyone having this much issues issues?

Yes, but maybe they are busy migrating. Just wait to settle down.

@FrankZ said: If you installed from an ISO and have a different network adapter ID than eth0, I would suggest to VNC in and change the network configs (IP, gateway, subnet) manually, then reboot.

I use tinycore on that, and it has DHCP. It looks OK on my config.

EDIT:

Tracing route to 172.xxxxxxxx over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms OpenWrt.lan [xxxxx]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 4 ms 4 ms 3 ms 10.133.0.1
    4 14 ms 5 ms 8 ms 10.180.24.9
    5 3 ms 4 ms 4 ms 10.180.24.10
    6 3 ms 4 ms 3 ms 10.180.24.11
    7 6 ms 4 ms 4 ms 10.180.24.41
    8 8 ms 5 ms 5 ms 8.243.220.41
    9 8.243.220.41 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

This discussion has been closed.