Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 281
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited July 2022

@netomx said: netomx

Is 172.xxxxxxxx the new IP?
    I can't tell for sure with only the 1st 3 numbers, but I haven't seen any new VirMach IPs that start with 172.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@netomx said: netomx

Is 172.xxxxxxxx the new IP?
    I can't tell for sure with only the 1st 3 numbers, but I haven't seen any new VirMach IPs that start with 172.

Yes, it is the new IP

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach is NY10GKVM61 abandoned? Not connected to Solus, not even possible to migrate, been asking this for a long time, but nobody seems to care.

• @soulchief said:
    I feel like things are slowly getting back to normal.

LAXA006 = My server was offline for around 4 days, yesterday I used the reconfigure network tool and it's been up for almost 24 hours now.

FFME001 = Random reboots seem to be getting less frequent, used to get a reboot every couple hours, now 2-3 times a day (hopefully that's fully resolved soon).

LAXA024 = Probably needs the reconfigure network tool to be run, but control panel (and server) has been down/unreachable for 5 days.

I was planning to move over a database to my LAXA006 server, but now I'll delay that for 1-2 months and hope everything is still ok with that one by then. My FFME one was just going to run some scripts so random reboots while annoying, don't really matter for my case but I'm holding off moving them for now. LAXA024 was just an idle server.

FFME001 was getting close to 24 hours without a reboot... and then it rebooted twice in the last 15 minutes :(

• pwnedpwned Member

If anyone else has migrated to DALZ004, would you please run the t-shooter? I'm seeing "Node Online: false", so I suspect the node isn't fully ready yet.

I can access the control panel (when Cloudflare doesn't rate limit me), but I'm not able to boot my server or connect through VNC (auth failed). And of course the new IP isn't replying to pings yet.

• @VirMach said:

@delimiter said: Is anyone on LAXA031 having a network issue?

Not sure what happened with this one. The IP addresses are all over the place so when we tested a few they worked but a good amount have the wrong IP addresses. I'm guessing someone made a mistake, looking into it.

I've got the new IP but still, no connection to the internet, can ping the new gateway from my end but not my server's IP nor other IPs in the same subnet, also can not ping gateway or other IPs from the server.

• Anyone on Phoenix location? How was it? Is it stable? Planning to migrate my vm there.

• @yoursunny said:

@netrix said:
    is there any way to transfer files if the only access is through vnc?

Yes, it's always possible to exfiltrate data over VNC:

1. Encode files as base64 text or QR code.
    2. Display over VNC.
    3. Scan base64 text or QR code into another computer.

Your NSA is showing.

• @jcolideles said:
    Anyone on Phoenix location? How was it? Is it stable? Planning to migrate my vm there.

Currently, it's most stable compared to others

Thanked by 1jcolideles
  • SJCZ008
    what a bad experience
    Unavailable after migration
    I got a new IP
    But by accessing it, is an nginx default page
    it can't get in touch with me
    My status is always offline
    VNC is also unable to connect. Please help me fix it #214018

yes i tried to reconfigure the network
    and reinstalled IOS. It didn't do anything

• >

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach is NY10GKVM61 abandoned? Not connected to Solus, not even possible to migrate, been asking this for a long time, but nobody seems to care.

Yes all these old Nodes in ColoCrossing abandoned. Maybe they're transferring your data (for days), need to wait longer.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@netrix said:

@yoursunny said:

@netrix said:
    is there any way to transfer files if the only access is through vnc?

Yes, it's always possible to exfiltrate data over VNC:

1. Encode files as base64 text or QR code.
    2. Display over VNC.
    3. Scan base64 text or QR code into another computer.

but it only work if the file size is small.

By repeating the steps, this works for any file size.
    You can automate these steps by building a custom VNC client.

@TimboJones said:

Your NSA is showing.

My 5G network operates in SA (standalone) mode.
    5G-NSA (non-standalone) mode is to support legacy LTE equipment, but the stallion coder doesn't deal with legacy stuff.

• CrabCrab Member

@jcolideles said:
    Anyone on Phoenix location? How was it? Is it stable? Planning to migrate my vm there.

Uptime 13+d without outages, so Phoenix seems all good.

Thanked by 1jcolideles
  • ZshenZshen Member

I was migrated to a PHX node unfortunately, it won't boot. No bootable disk available. Awaiting support to look into it. :(

• 2021111420211114 Member
    edited July 2022

@VirMach Can you talk to me? I called you many times, but you ignored me。 Not only the problem has not been solved, my Dallas server was forcibly migrated without email notification, and lost contact again. There is my key data on the Dallas server, and the loss of contact means that my nearly one-year efforts have disappeared, which is terrible. I don't expect my LOS ANGELES server to be available, but can you help me get the data of my Dallas server? I'm facing a loss of $1000 a year, and I can't estimate it

Ticket #735817

• totototototo Member

@byebvip said:

Do not multi posting...

• tetechtetech Member

@20211114 said: I'm facing a loss of $1000 a year, and I can't estimate it

Seems like you just did?

• @tetech said:

Seems like you just did?

Maybe because is $1000 plus VPS price $15 yearly

• jcolidelesjcolideles Member
    edited July 2022

@20211114 said:
    @VirMach Can you talk to me? I called you many times, but you ignored me。 Not only the problem has not been solved, my Dallas server was forcibly migrated without email notification, and lost contact again. There is my key data on the Dallas server, and the loss of contact means that my nearly one-year efforts have disappeared, which is terrible. I don't expect my LOS ANGELES server to be available, but can you help me get the data of my Dallas server? I'm facing a loss of $1000 a year, and I can't estimate it

Ticket #735817

You don't do backups on your production server?

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • @risturiz said:

@tetech said:

Seems like you just did?

Maybe because is $1000 plus VPS price $15 yearly

Compensation for breach of contract, not direct loss。Actually, there shouldn't be so much

• @jcolideles said:

@20211114 said:

Ticket #735817

You don't do backups on your production server?

Backup is not real-time. What I want is to get back the data and start it elsewhere。

• Sounds like you learnt a $1000+ lesson then. Maybe do backups more frequently then if your last backup is missing nearly a year of data.

• @soulchief said:
    Sounds like you learnt a $1000+ lesson then. Maybe do backups more frequently then if your last backup is missing nearly a year of data.

This will be a painful lesson for me

• spiderspider Member
    edited July 2022

@VirMach

Refund tickets need to be processed

ticketsnumber#116731

Nearly two weeks have passed since the creation of the ticket unanswered

• UnicomUnicom Member

box on FFME003 fall down today and can't boot.
    I'll have to migrate to another hosting because having more than 10 boxes here, I'm not sure that the next one won't fall either.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@20211114 said:
    I'm facing a loss of $1000 a year

$1000 equals 3000 push-ups.
    Spreading over a year, it's 8.2 push-ups per day.
    That's almost nothing.

Thanked by 2netomx FrankZ
  • @yoursunny said:

@20211114 said:
    I'm facing a loss of $1000 a year

$1000 equals 3000 push-ups.
    Spreading over a year, it's 8.2 push-ups per day.
    That's almost nothing.

And the $15 premium ticket fee is only 45 pushups, which is merely a weeks worth of basic calisthetics!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • tuctuc Member

I have some boxes migrated yesterday and now available with different IP and unable to boot due to no bootable disk :(

• @tuc said:
    I have some boxes migrated yesterday and now available with different IP and unable to boot due to no bootable disk :(

Which nodes are they in? I have the same issue with those in FFME

Thanked by 1tuc
  • for what it's worth, one of my servers just migrated to NY and it's been fine, everything works. Network speeds are very low but at least the VPS functions. Will probably still end up moving my services off of it though.

This discussion has been closed.