Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] PulsedMedia a Horrible Provider - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review] PulsedMedia a Horrible Provider

Comments

• I'm on the OPs side here. What @PulsedMedia is saying just doesn't make sense.

It would seem

• OP paid for a transfer
    • PulsedMedia did a transfer
    • Pulsed charged him a new period
    • OP paid the fee

That's when problems began...

• PulsedMedia began fraud checks on the old buyer (who seems to have passed the fraud check)
    • PulsedMedia froze the transferred account
    • OP contacted support, and got no real response
    • OP threatened refund
    • PulseMedia then deactivated the OP and called them a fraud
    • OP goes to LET
    • PulsedMedia claims had they not done that, they would have got their account back
    • PulsedMedia then closes all the accounts
    • PulsedMedia also claims they gave the OP a $0 refund, because they never paid for the service. But PulsedMedia also didn't refund the original buyer.

If that second set of events is to be believed, then yeah, PulseMedia scammed you in the most complex way I've seen in a while, but they did.

• @KermEd said: OP threatened refund

afaiu...He didn't ... atleast until they cancelled the box

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 BlaZe
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2022

Well,

tl;tr

1. OP purchases an account (a seedbox) from a scalper.
    2. Then, in a typical fashion, duly gets his account terminated.
    3. Therefore, logically, he wants a refund. Note that he didn't pay the host. He paid the scalper.
    4. A refund of zero dollar, so he got it.
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Moved to off topic.

• @deank said:
    Well,

tl;tr

3. Therefore, logically, he wants a refund. Note that he didn't pay the host. He paid the scalper.

Thanks for point out the facts. but that's not the story. i strongly recommend you to read from the beginning. @KermEd & @kkrajk figured out the real scenario

• @deank said:
    Well,

tl;tr

You cant make tl dr if you haven't read it yourself

• @raindog308 said:
    Moved to off topic.

I dont think thats really fair, Pulsedmedia fucked this guy over because he opened a ticket (their words) and now you help them silence the guy.

Anyway, if you want to make a review where theres bigger seedbox audience, drop it here https://www.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited March 2022

@Sanjue007 said:

@deank said:
    Well,

tl;tr

Thanks for point out the facts. but that's not the story. i strongly recommend you to read from the beginning. @KermEd & @kkrajk figured out the real scenario

The problem is you, @Sanjue007. You did not explain the situation in a clear and concise way. Both in your tickets and on this thread. Everyone in page 1-2 thought you were using the scalper's whmcs account. In page 3, you finally said that the transfer was successfully completed. Even now, some people still think you were using the scalper's billing account and not your own.

Anyway, when @Sanjue007 said his server didn't get reprovisioned after transfer, what he really meant is that old data was not deleted and he didnt get a "reinstall". Is it worth trying to decipher your inaccurate and vague descriptions to support? Probably not. Should they have claimed you were committing fraud without evidence? Probably not. Maybe they do have evidence, but they can't disclose it here to protect your privacy.

• AstroAstro Member

@drizbo said:

@deank said:
    Well,

tl;tr

You cant make tl dr if you haven't read it yourself

How is he going to go around shilling his nigh sect then?

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 yoursunny
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited March 2022

The simple fact is you shouldn't buy from a reseller and expect the same experience as from the source.

• @SirFoxy said:
    The simple fact is you shouldn't buy from a reseller and expect the same experience as from the source.

Nobody can read on this forum apparently.

Service was transfered legitimately by pulsedmedia itself.

Its like transering kimsufi, he got it in his acc. So whats your point?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited March 2022

@drizbo said:

@SirFoxy said:

Nobody can read on this forum apparently.

Service was transfered legitimately by pulsedmedia itself.

Its like transering kimsufi, he got it in his acc. So whats your point?

"transferred"

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@NoComment said:

@Sanjue007 said:

@deank said:
    Well,

tl;tr

The problem is you, @Sanjue007. You did not explain the situation in a clear and concise way. Both in your tickets and on this thread. Everyone in page 1-2 thought you were using the scalper's whmcs account. In page 3, you finally said that the transfer was successfully completed. Even now, some people still think you were using the scalper's billing account and not your own.

Anyway, when @Sanjue007 said his server didn't get reprovisioned after transfer, what he really meant is that old data was not deleted and he didnt get a "reinstall". Is it worth trying to decipher your inaccurate and vague descriptions to support? Probably not. Should they have claimed you were committing fraud without evidence? Probably not. Maybe they do have evidence, but they can't disclose it here to protect your privacy.

THIS

Next post our actual reply to this stuff

edited March 2022

I handled this case personally. I admit that this was handled in the most haste, but most of what OP says is misleading at best, and outright false at worst on this thread.

We are extremely vigilant against fraud, and will continue to be so.

We are strong believers in privacy, and will not go into specifics and post ticket screenshots unless OP does. It servers no good, and is actually a legitimate legal issue for us to do so. In Finland privacy laws are so strong that revealing even a photo of someone who commits a crime against your property (ie. fuel theft) is bigger crime than the crime the perpetrator did. /offtopic

But here, without revealing too much of personal data:

1) OP got service transferred in
    2) OP did not request reprovisioning -- and that is besides the point (irrelevant)
    3) From whom he got the service had some fraud going on in one his accounts, tied into a bigger pile of fraud (specifics i cannot talk about because it is still on going investigation)
    4) All fraud related accounts gets suspended or terminated (depends level of fraud) automatically. We are handling insane load of fraud cases during this promotion of 12 years at this point, daily stuff.
    5) OP opened ticket, even made posts here. Since this point he has been aware of the investigation -- he had all the benefit of shadow of the doubt.
    6) I was considering just to reactivate once going through the data, OP most likely has nothing to do with the fraud.
    7) He made another ticket (or two) -- with ZERO specifics. Since we are an actual business, we cannot outright recall every name. This ticket was made in the manner of accidental immediate cancel request, account gets reopened, but once the cancel request cannot be found all the alarm bells goes off. Not an cancellation request gone wrong, no immediate visibility of payment, no explanation on ticket.
    8) Again terminate fraud account
    9) Notice this is part of fraud investigation
    10) OP is let known that he tried to confuse / defraud us, AND all services suspend (he had many)
    11) I'm handling this, took a break, was afraid of a shitstorm but still took a coffee break.
    12) OP sends ticket "why you delete all my data". Data was not deleted, services suspended to check things out. This would have been the most likely point where i actually go through the data.
    12) This thread happens. That has only one solution --> Immediate termination of all services, OP cannot be considered anymore to be innocent bystander, nor given any benefit of the shadow of the doubt.
    13) No contact from OP
    14) OP account is marked closed, he should be able to reactivate it, and still open tickets. (I constantly see tickets from closed accounts)
    15) OP all recent payments are refunded.
    16) OP claims on this thread billing profile deleted etc. He has made zero attempts to contact us. Therefore, confirming he is persona non-grata, and at the best extremely poor communicator with zero patience.

There are no excuses, threads like this should never happen. No matter how bad will or how fscked up the other side communicated.

This could've been handled more gracefully, and with more thought. We fucked up, and we need more support staff, people with patience and people who still don't see fraud every single where. After more than 2 decades in hosting business and internet services, i personally see fraud at every glance, this shades everything. Compound to this, i am busy af, you don't add 1000 new customers every month on a small business like ours. Actually, fscking never. It's unseen, and completely out of whack compared to expectations. Now that as seedbox celebraion specials are fading off, we added 10% to our dedi customers in the past 2-3 days. But none of that is an excuse, provider is always at fault, no matter what when a thread like this happens. No matter how bad the customer (or fraudster like how i see everywhere) communicates, it is always the provider who is at fault, every single time. Facts don't matter. Communication skills don't matter. We simply need staff who is patient enough to ask enough questions etc.

I have been personally handling up to ~80 ticket replies a day, with time budget of ~2-3hrs or 180 minutes. That is 2.25minutes or 135 seconds per reply. You just don't have the time to go through every single specific in every single ticket. Then you got a potential fraud cause with a bunch of tickets on your hand, you act your harshest just to get to someone who actually needs your help right now, thinking no more about it.

I am sorry to the OP @Sanjue007 for not giving him an another time the benefit of the shadow of the doubt and humbly ask him to learn to communicate better in future. Add as much detail as possible, in as most concise way as possible and do not confuse other providers with mutiple tickets over same thing, please. You will save everyone's nerves.

Considering if we should be putting a mandatory coffee break grace period on all suspected fraud cases in future. Give it 15 before choosing action.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@PulsedMedia said:

TL;DR; hire @MikePT

@Falzo said:

@PulsedMedia said:

TL;DR; hire @MikePT

Please elaborate? I must have missed something

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited March 2022

@PulsedMedia said:

@Falzo said:

@PulsedMedia said:

TL;DR; hire @MikePT

@MikePT used to handle customer service for @coicu hostsoultions

He has a real mild manner of dealing with customers lots of patience

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Well, what a shitshow!

I don't consider my experience with PulsedMedia to be good. Communication is not easy with Aleksi and it takes time for Aleksi to "trust" you as a customer. But even if the service feels old and the support is not easy at all, how to complain regarding the agressive pricing they have? And if i'm not happy with PulsedMedia and feel like i've used A LOT energy to deal with support, we have what we pay for.

I think op would be better to take his time to explain his issue but i can understand he feared to "get scammed" while it would probably not happen. I mean, it's not easy to deal with PulsedMedia as they will do their best to make it look like op is dumb or it's a user issue and not a provider issue. That's sad, as failure is part of the experience which helps to grow, to better organize our stuff, to generate more leads (hello Racknerd!).

Also it looks like bullshit when you read that you are not allowed to share bad feedback in ToS... And there is more and more bad stories regarding PulsedMedia. But in fact, service is provided as per the offer and, again, you can't expect awesome service with really low pricing (let's be honest, offers from PulsedMedia are incredible!). Also it's sad to read something against op communication ; i mean most of us here doesn't have native english language and we work hard to write in a way we can be understood. Even you Aleksi sometime you're english has issues and we don't care much. My english is not good at all as well (for me it's a fight everytime i have to write or talk in english, you can't imagine, but i still try to practice, to improve myself).

Now i read that Aleksi is telling they fucked up, i wish to see how they will give justice back to Sanjue007. I also really hope PulsedMedia will work on their support and on their behavior as well. Being seen everywhere should drive more positive communication.

@Falzo said: TL;DR; hire @MikePT

Only if he is allowed to say "dude" or "mate" :D !

@PulsedMedia said: I am sorry to the OP @Sanjue007 for not giving him an another time the benefit of the shadow of the doubt and humbly ask him to learn to communicate better in future. Add as much detail as possible, in as most concise way as possible and do not confuse other providers with mutiple tickets over same thing, please. You will save everyone's nerves.

So now you give advice to op to learn how to communicate, while also you are sorry, what's your plan for op?

@PulsedMedia said: Therefore, confirming he is persona non-grata, and at the best extremely poor communicator with zero patience.

This sentence looks like "toxic". I hope it's just the way it's wrote. As a "privacy focused" company, you should understand how important is it to be inclusive. You don't know op, you can't assume anything.

@acidpuke said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Falzo said:

@PulsedMedia said:

TL;DR; hire @MikePT

Oh :O Now that starts to explain. So this was a actual real serious suggestion, not just an inside joke i missed (my first presumption)?

That's the type of person you want for Level 1. I am not that way personally. Which reminds me i forgot to sign the above super long message.

-Aleksi

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@PulsedMedia if you are looking for help pie is here!

Thanked by 2MikePT typicalGtaTG
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    PulsedMedia if you are looking for help pie is here!

But I thought the pie has been eaten?

• @FAT32 said: But I thought the pie has been eaten?

• @PulsedMedia said:
    I handled this case personally. I admit that this was handled in the most haste, but most of what OP says is misleading at best, and outright false at worst on this thread.

We are extremely vigilant against fraud, and will continue to be so.

We are strong believers in privacy, and will not go into specifics and post ticket screenshots unless OP does. It servers no good, and is actually a legitimate legal issue for us to do so. In Finland privacy laws are so strong that revealing even a photo of someone who commits a crime against your property (ie. fuel theft) is bigger crime than the crime the perpetrator did. /offtopic

But here, without revealing too much of personal data:

1) OP got service transferred in
    2) OP did not request reprovisioning -- and that is besides the point (irrelevant)
    3) From whom he got the service had some fraud going on in one his accounts, tied into a bigger pile of fraud (specifics i cannot talk about because it is still on going investigation)
    4) All fraud related accounts gets suspended or terminated (depends level of fraud) automatically. We are handling insane load of fraud cases during this promotion of 12 years at this point, daily stuff.
    5) OP opened ticket, even made posts here. Since this point he has been aware of the investigation -- he had all the benefit of shadow of the doubt.
    6) I was considering just to reactivate once going through the data, OP most likely has nothing to do with the fraud.
    7) He made another ticket (or two) -- with ZERO specifics. Since we are an actual business, we cannot outright recall every name. This ticket was made in the manner of accidental immediate cancel request, account gets reopened, but once the cancel request cannot be found all the alarm bells goes off. Not an cancellation request gone wrong, no immediate visibility of payment, no explanation on ticket.
    8) Again terminate fraud account
    10) OP is let known that he tried to confuse / defraud us, AND all services suspend (he had many)
    11) I'm handling this, took a break, was afraid of a shitstorm but still took a coffee break.
    12) OP sends ticket "why you delete all my data". Data was not deleted, services suspended to check things out. This would have been the most likely point where i actually go through the data.
    12) This thread happens. That has only one solution --> Immediate termination of all services, OP cannot be considered anymore to be innocent bystander, nor given any benefit of the shadow of the doubt.
    13) No contact from OP
    14) OP account is marked closed, he should be able to reactivate it, and still open tickets. (I constantly see tickets from closed accounts)
    16) OP claims on this thread billing profile deleted etc. He has made zero attempts to contact us. Therefore, confirming he is persona non-grata, and at the best extremely poor communicator with zero patience.

There are no excuses, threads like this should never happen. No matter how bad will or how fscked up the other side communicated.

This could've been handled more gracefully, and with more thought. We fucked up, and we need more support staff, people with patience and people who still don't see fraud every single where. After more than 2 decades in hosting business and internet services, i personally see fraud at every glance, this shades everything. Compound to this, i am busy af, you don't add 1000 new customers every month on a small business like ours. Actually, fscking never. It's unseen, and completely out of whack compared to expectations. Now that as seedbox celebraion specials are fading off, we added 10% to our dedi customers in the past 2-3 days. But none of that is an excuse, provider is always at fault, no matter what when a thread like this happens. No matter how bad the customer (or fraudster like how i see everywhere) communicates, it is always the provider who is at fault, every single time. Facts don't matter. Communication skills don't matter. We simply need staff who is patient enough to ask enough questions etc.

I have been personally handling up to ~80 ticket replies a day, with time budget of ~2-3hrs or 180 minutes. That is 2.25minutes or 135 seconds per reply. You just don't have the time to go through every single specific in every single ticket. Then you got a potential fraud cause with a bunch of tickets on your hand, you act your harshest just to get to someone who actually needs your help right now, thinking no more about it.

I am sorry to the OP @Sanjue007 for not giving him an another time the benefit of the shadow of the doubt and humbly ask him to learn to communicate better in future. Add as much detail as possible, in as most concise way as possible and do not confuse other providers with mutiple tickets over same thing, please. You will save everyone's nerves.

Considering if we should be putting a mandatory coffee break grace period on all suspected fraud cases in future. Give it 15 before choosing action.

First of all thanks for long Reply.
    Adding something to the points that you have mentioned above

Yeah. I accept that. This is my dumbest mistake. I never asked to reprovision it.

As I attached the screenshots (never photoshopped) only opened 2 tickets. you are saying that I am aware for the investigation. my question is how should i know there is investigation or such thing happening since you never told me that kind of a thing? you didn't say a word about an ongoing investigation.

7) He made another ticket (or two) -- with ZERO specifics. Since we are an actual business, we cannot outright recall every name. This ticket was made in the manner of accidental immediate cancel request, account gets reopened, but once the cancel request cannot be found all the alarm bells goes off. **Not an cancellation request gone wrong, no immediate visibility of payment, no explanation on ticket.
    yeah I accept I have made a 2nd ticket after few days of no response for the 1st ticket requesting for the refund since there is no point to wasting money for a cancelled service.
    when i request a cancellation request? i asked for a refund for the invoice of the canceled service or restore the service that has been cancelled.

When i tried to confuse? my last reply was to the 2nd ticket could you please restore the cancelled service since i haven't done anything wrong. suddenly you just replied like you get confused with your own issues not for my ticket. besides there is no any 1000 words or huge paragraphs in the ticket to get confused. only asked for the refund that i paid for the cancelled service. nothing more..! nothing less..! nothing else..!

again i am asking when did you notice me there is such investigation ongoing. untill you have posted in this thread about an investigation i wasn't aware about an ongoing investigation. you never said that in a ticket. if you said it in a ticket i think this kind of a confusion wouldn't occur.

Yes i got the refunds after i opened this thread and it made my account get closed.

One last humble request to do. Please be nice to customers, doesn't matter his/her service is 1 euro or 100 euros.

Thanks.

• @PulsedMedia said:

I just wanted to say I can completely sympathize, and personally appreciate how much time you invested into breaking this down.

I am sorry this escalated on LET and I think refunding / closing and moving on is better than many hosts do. As far as I’m concerned, at that point you’ve done everything possible for the OP.

I don’t have a need for a seed box, but if I did, I’d get one right now :D. I currently seeking dedis, but will keep pulse media in mind personally for the future

Thanked by 2PulsedMedia Thundas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

I've read this a couple of times carefully to let all the info sink in. I think both parties fucked up. That's my conclusion anyhow.

Thanked by 3Thundas devp o_be_one
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@PulsedMedia I've understood most of this apart from where you keep saying that the OP is trying to "trick" or defraud you - could you explain that?

From what I've read, the OP had his services suspended due to fraud from the previous owner, but the OP never got notified that this was the case - wouldn't it have been easier just to tell him that over the original ticket?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@Falzo said:

@PulsedMedia said:

TL;DR; hire @MikePT

@acidpuke said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Falzo said:

@PulsedMedia said:

TL;DR; hire @MikePT

Thank you, and plenty other companies as well! I'm working full-time now though, so cant accept any further jobs.> @PulsedMedia said:

@acidpuke said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Falzo said:

@PulsedMedia said:

TL;DR; hire @MikePT

Oh :O Now that starts to explain. So this was a actual real serious suggestion, not just an inside joke i missed (my first presumption)?

That's the type of person you want for Level 1. I am not that way personally. Which reminds me i forgot to sign the above super long message.

-Aleksi

I'm a Senior Support Engineer /DevOps FYI... ;P

Thanked by 2ps20090 hotsnow
  • @Arkas said:
    I've read this a couple of times carefully to let all the info sink in. I think both parties fucked up. That's my conclusion anyhow.

This is more appropriate for LET for every thread than "the end is nigh".

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

The end is 2GB away.

2998GiB / 3000GiB

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • henixhenix Member

@PulsedMedia said: 12) This thread happens. That has only one solution --> Immediate termination of all services, OP cannot be considered anymore to be innocent bystander, nor given any benefit of the shadow of the doubt.

So if you open a thread about a provider you can get terminated.
    noted