Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Nuclear Network Option: What Would This Really Do? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Nuclear Network Option: What Would This Really Do?

124»

Comments

• @raindog308 said: Start at about 6th grade. You are either very ignorant, delusionally indoctrinated, or mad.

I see only hater actions from your side. No real arguments.

@raindog308 said: Right…

Some unwanted history facts are re maked. That well known fact.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I’ll share this video, which is by Dr. John Meirsheimer, who is a very well-known proponent of the realist school of international relations. Realists are a minority, because most of the west has been engaged in the grand liberal enterprise to make the world full of democracies since World War II.

Mearsheimer is more interested in great power politics, and in this talk he presents Russia’s view of the west from that perspective very effectively. He’s definitely not endorsing what they’re doing or saying there is justification, but gives a good perspective on how the Russians think about foreign policy.

I would also add that as we move from a unipolar to a multipolar system (US, China, and Russia as a rump third), this type of thinking will come into more prominence the West as well, And to some extent all nations think like this because they’re interested in their own survival.

It’s a great and fascinating talk, and it really goes to the core of the Ukraine conflict, which has absolutely nothing to do with Russian separatists or Ukrinian Nazis and everything to do with World War II.

Just to be clear in this rather slippery disinformation age, i’m sharing this to provide a perspective, not to specifically endorse anything said in it. Mearsheimer does speak in lecture at major US in European universities, so he’s not some crackpot.

• @raindog308 said: The argument that you are presenting is essentially that Russia is on some kind of a higher moral plane than other nations, which is completely an utterly absurd. Although we would disagree on US foreign policy, even if I were to adopt your interpretation, to view the Russians as blameless and a lily white over their history, even the recent history, tells me that you did not get enough schooling.

>

One of buddy was study in Georgetown University, One thing he told me was that from the first day a politician becomes a politician, he has to told himself politician's moral standards are different from those of normal people. And in fact I think it is too naive to expect a perfect society (leader), all we can hope for is lesser evil and damage and tax.

The youtube video TLDR btw.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2022

The lies used by Putin to invade:
    1. Ukraine is captured by the nazi-jewish nationalistic alliance and the people are asking to be freed. I think that needs no debunking;
    2. Ukraine is stopping people in Donbass to talk Russian. Apart from almost everyone speaking Russian in Ukraine, from the Donbass to the Polish border even at home, whether they are Ukrainian, Russians, Tartars, Jews or Chinese and nobody has been jailed or fined for that, let's say that would be true. Is flattening Ukraine the right punishment for that?
    3. Same as in 1962 but in reverse, the americans are bringing nuclear weapons close to Russia and Putin must solve the problem. There is 0 evidence of that (the americans had pictures in 1962), but let's say it would be true. Delivery methods of 1962 are nowhere near today's delivery methods, in case of a nuclear war, Minnesota or Latvia is the same, let alone subs and taskforces on the sea. And, Ukraine sent the nukes to Russia in exchange of border guarantees. Let's say Putin no longer recognizes the treaty (he didn't return the nukes, though, he only fails to recognize Russian obligations, not it's "rights" according to the treaty) but, if he is so afraid of nukes in Germany (or even, let's say he would be right and they are in Latvia) then he should understand NATO's fears when he has them in Kaliningrad, mere Km from NATO borders. Did he withdraw them? No, so he should not put any conditions to other countries, if Russia is right to have nukes at other countries' borders, so the other countries have this right. If he can put nukes in Belarus, then the americans can put in Poland.
    4. Russian army is formidable and in one week they would occupy Ukraine. That might have been true in 2014 when Ukraine was a deeply corrupted country controlled by Russians from the top and sabotaged/exploited to the bone, but today, even as the Russian army has been much strengthened on paper, there are a few additional issues. One is that the soldiers can see the situation on the ground, even worse, talk to their relatives at home. This means the propaganda lost some ground. Also, freed from some 50% of the corruption (make no mistake, there is still a lot of corruption, but nowhere near the Russian level or even Ukrainian level from before the overthrow of the Russian backed regime) and confronted with a constant low level war with the Russians in the east, the army is much more experienced and better equipped. The fact the Russians now have to threaten with the nukes shows the desperation, same as with shelling the towns into submission.
    5. If NATO would have not extended, then there would have been no problems, Russia never been aggressive before NATO expansion. We all know the interventions in Hungary, Czechoslovakia, the threats to Poland, the Baltic states, then, after the collapse of Soviet Union, in Moldova, in Chechenia, repeatedly promising to withdraw weapons and troops from Moldova which didn't happen to this day, all that before NATO expansion. NATO has such an appeal for people BECAUSE of Russian aggressive policy and history. Of course Ukraine wants NATO protection, Georgia, Moldova, everyone who has a chance, no matter how small, would jump at it. Russia made a parallel structure, the CIS, why did countries leave that, why they are not jumping to help Russia in fighting the nazis except the occupied Belarus? Flattening Ukraine shows how right everyone has been to jump to NATO, the only chance Putin has now is to directly attack the baltic states or even Poland/Romania to show NATO protection is worthless and everyone is at his mercy, so better join the empire if you do not wish to be destroyed.

• No need to list, all is a lie.

• possessed by ... B)

• "If you must comment on politics, do so in the Cest Pit. Threads started outside the Cest Pit will be dumped." <- From LET Rules

Thanked by 1uid0
  • @RedPanther said:

@jsg said:
    Yeah right, "good" country A striving to launch the analogue of a nuke against "evil" country B. ... while country B take great care to not harm country A's infrastructure. -> ukrainian internet still is working fine.

Russia should put rockets into all ukrainian regime buildings. Unfortunately Putin is quite unlikely to do it.

(edited for clarification)

Indeed, please die. If you look for the solution with violence, then you are an inferior person.

Irony. Hehe

• @default said:
    "If you must comment on politics, do so in the Cest Pit. Threads started outside the Cest Pit will be dumped." <- From LET Rules

You were the snitch bitch in school, eh?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited March 2022

Someone here lectured on how "Nationalists" tick and how they don't see when they are wrong.
    Somehow though he totally missed to have a closer look at the 99.9% of people who form and utter their views, based on ... "pravda", CNN, BBC, CBC, MSNBC, etc, etc "information".

But of course those 99.9% are right. Because, you know, CNN and accomplices nevar lie!

Side note: Experience shows that later, when the truth comes to the light, those same people will apologize with a much lower voice, if at all. E.g. Hundreds of thousands of dead and millions of maimed bodies in Iraq - based on a lie. Once the lie was found out virtually nobody of those who, oh so convinced to be right and justified, had shouted "kill them iraqi bastards!!!" apologized; and to whom anyway, apologizing to the dead makes no sense.

The game here is dead simple and the same as always: the - easily remote controlled and manipulated - majority tries to suppress convince the minority. Later they whisper "had only we known ...". True heroes.

TL,DR My signature.

I suggest we stay away from carrying the war in Ukraine over to here and rather stay on tech matters.

Thanked by 2default that_guy
    edited March 2022

@jsg said: I suggest we stay away from carrying the war in Ukraine over to here and rather stay on tech matters.

What's wrong, can't shut down LET? Awww... This is not TV Rain or Echo Moskvii, I feel your pain.
    I would not be worried, the Russian TV will tell you the truth after Ukraine was conquered 5 days ago and you would be able to see the destruction the nazis did to the towns there, from Donbas to Lvov as well as the saviour Russian army distributes food they took as reparation from nazi stores to their own heroic soldiers.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Maounique said:
    I am impartial.

Uhum ...

If I took you seriously (at all) in this discussion I might be angry. But thanks for demonstrating the "being rational and impartial" of your side ;)

I suggest we stay away from carrying the war in Ukraine over to here and rather stay on tech matters.

• We are all agents any war because wars are worse than hell, there are no innocent people in hell but there is in wars, personally I think this war should end very soon or will take the world to no back point, nuclear war and even farther.

One question where was UN and Nato when Afghanstan, Iraq, libya, syria, palestine, yemen etc got boombed and destroyed ?

• vovlervovler Member
    edited March 2022

• @Jorbox said: One question where was UN and Nato when Afghanstan, Iraq, libya, syria, palestine, yemen etc got boombed and destroyed ?

That main question people asking many times. No one will respond.

Even in Kosovo, center of Europe. No one was respond to aggression. Help coming only from Russian side.

• kendidkendid Veteran

In the Russian news, yandex is warning they are at risk to default due to the restricted/closed stock market. This would be a big hit for many lowend people - doesn't matter which side you are on politically.

This according to gazete.ru

• @kendid said: In the Russian news, yandex is warning they are at risk to default due to the restricted/closed stock market. This would be a big hit for many lowend people

No one cares about Yandex here and what they do. Really. They produce only digital goods and control food delivery and taxi drivers.

• kendidkendid Veteran

@jenkki said:

@kendid said: In the Russian news, yandex is warning they are at risk to default due to the restricted/closed stock market. This would be a big hit for many lowend people

No one cares about Yandex here and what they do. Really.

Really? I think that is more your personal opinion - but Yandex defaulting is a big thing for many people

• @kendid said: I think that is more your personal opinion - but Yandex defaulting is a big thing for many people

I do not use Yandex at all. Heavy advertising from every hole. Lot of spam.

They have business to deliver food from shops to home. But I still be able go to shop for myself. Also they have taxi business. But there a few competitors who can replace them easy. I don't think if they drops something really changes.

@jenkki said: But there a few competitors who can replace them easy. I don't think if they drops something really changes.

That is cool. Nobody wants the Russian people to suffer, I am glad you are ok and your government doesn't bomb your houses yet.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @Maounique said: That is cool. Nobody wants the Russian people to suffer, I am glad you are ok and your government doesn't bomb your houses yet.

I know who are you and what you do. No problem.

edited March 2022

@jenkki said: I know who are you and what you do.

Is that some kind of a threat?

@jenkki said: Really suggest you someday make trip to Donetsk,

There is no need, I know Russian mafia in Transnistria, same thing and much closer.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Some DO care about Yandex. Not for food delivery or taxis, but for the free domain-email :D

Right now it's still working - no routing/connection issues so far.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Removed Russian agitprop & closed.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
This discussion has been closed.