Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Nuclear Network Option: What Would This Really Do? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Nuclear Network Option: What Would This Really Do?

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

whole world is currently under propaganda be it Ukraine/NATO and be Russia. Everybody will say their propaganda is right and others are wrong . In just one week , you guys and puppet comedian crying everywhere where other countries invaded by NATO allies have endured decades long war .

• @vero said:

@jenkki said:

I'm not Ukrainian. But I know very well how Russian propaganda works.

Didn't see Russia propaganda a lot, they just attack directly...
    On the other hand, you can find ridiculous articles in Chinese famous websites like "Ukraine president support local Nazis persecute Jews".
    Obviously it's a payback to western resist 2022 OWG except Putin.

• @hostdare said: Everybody will say their propaganda is right and others are wrong.

@lowendclient said: Didn't see Russia propaganda a lot, they just attack directly..

Exactly. If unable handle by military, handle by blame in mass media. That well known tricks. Make new haters will helps.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
    edited March 2022

@jenkki said: Exactly. If unable handle by military, handle by blame in mass media

Yes Zelensky just told 6000 Russians dead to demoralize Russians , but I think he has forgotten to calculate how many Ukrainian dead as he was busy counting Russians or too many of Ukrainian soldiers died to be counted properly . All I see is Ukraine propaganda in everywhere in all news.

• msattmsatt Member

@MannDude said: Russian citizens deserve access to information and the internet just as much as American citizens or anyone else does.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your comment -

.ru resolution can be handled internally within Russia so local citizens would not be effected, they would also still have access to other domains (assuming Russia does not block them). So Citizens would still have a working internet.

Dropping .ru would mean countries outside of Russia would be unable to access russian domains (by name) which could indirectly effect Russian companies economies as they are only selling internally.

I do fully accept that Russian companies are quite likely using multiple domain names e.g. .com so dropping of .ru may not have as big an impact as originally thought.

• @hostdare said: es Zelensky just told 6000 Russians dead to demoralize Russians

Yes of course, they just moved own troubles to other side. Well know trick. He not tell about how many UA soldiers self disarmed and going to home with refuse to continue to fight with other side. He just become bad comedian.

• xaocxaoc Member

@hostdare said:

@jenkki said: Exactly. If unable handle by military, handle by blame in mass media

Yes Zelensky just told 6000 Russians dead to demoralize Russians , but I think he has forgotten to calculate how many Ukrainian dead as he was busy counting Russians or too many of Ukrainian soldiers died to be counted properly . All I see is Ukraine propaganda in everywhere in all news.

You almost sound proud that countless people, including small children, are dead... Fucking Putler, man...

Thanked by 1kkrajk
    edited March 2022

Ask your comedian PM to stop giving arms to civilians so civilians do not get killed , he is responsible for all the mess .Using civilians as covers like what talibans used to do . war is not his comedy stage . I am not Russian btw and I am stating the fact and Ukraine propaganda news that is being copy pasted in the news channels here in another country

• xaocxaoc Member

@hostdare said:
    Ask your comedian PM to stop giving arms to civilians so civilians do not get killed , he is responsible for all the mess .war is not his comedy stage

You're very ignorant it seems, Zelensky is a president not a prime minister and I have no affiliation with Ukraine, just a concerned neighbor. Very ignorant indeed... People like you are part of the problem, you run your mouth as if you know what you're talking about, for what, just so you feel important?

@xaoc said: Zelensky is a president

He seems like comedian to me and puppet of NATO while getting his citizens killed to fullfill his ego

• msattmsatt Member

Once again another sensible post going off at a tangent :/

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Based on the comments I've seen people tossing back and forth in various threads, I don't think this conflict is ending anytime soon.

• xaocxaoc Member

@hostdare said:

@xaoc said: Zelensky is a president

He seems like comedian to me and puppet of NATO while getting his citizens killed to fullfill his ego

Am I missing something, are you in a possession of a Zelensky signed document where he is specifically asking Putler to kill his citizens? NATO talks started after Ukraine was invaded by Russian Federation in 2014, and NATO membership is a far-future possibility not an actual threat. Ukraine still has a lot of work before it can be considered as a candidate and the only reason it was considering it was the invasion. This is 100% Putler's fault, man. Also, Zelensky was a quite successful comedian in the past, it actually helped him win the election.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    edited March 2022

if you ask citizens to arm , it means they joined army now . if they get killed, do not cry again as if civilians getting killed . kind of taliban using civilians shield strategy . Being successful comedian does not help him win wars , he is making it worse .

Thanked by 1chihcherng
  • xaocxaoc Member

@msatt said:
    Once again another sensible post going off at a tangent :/

Sorry mate...

• Absolute blocking is not required, partial blocking is good enough to distory it's future. Science and technology often require the cooperation of the majority, and the base of the population and education determines the amount of talent. Adding extra cost to knowledge. History told us, in feudal society, there is a phenomenon that knowledge not only does not accumulate in nature, but also regresses.

But to be honest, I don't think US need to block the internet. Unlike politics, which is based on the pursuit of stability, Innovation and change are the constant features of knowledge and technology. Russia's inability to accept revolutionary change means that knowledge he is just a copycat.

• xaocxaoc Member

@hostdare said:
    if you ask citizens to arm , it means they joined army now . if they get killed, do not cry again as if civilians getting killed . kind of taliban using civilians shield strategy .

Civilians are also getting killed, wth?

edited March 2022

@xaoc said: Civilians are also getting killed, wth?

with ego apple of puppet comedian

• xaocxaoc Member

@hostdare said:

@xaoc said: Civilians are also getting killed, wth?

with ego apple of puppet comedian

With russian guns.

• @hostdare said: He seems like comedian to me and puppet of NATO while getting his citizens killed to full fill his ego

Even here reported about 60 civilians are killed in one day including whole family of five members including kids are killed by gun. What more to say. And government persons also brave with it on Twitter posts. I think that unacceptable actions. What more to say

edited March 2022

@xaoc said: With russian guns.

in this , either you get killed by ukraine or russian guns,it does not matter as comedian is calculating how many enemy soldier is getting killed now . I hope nobody is expecting flowers in war time

• xaocxaoc Member

@jenkki said:

@hostdare said: He seems like comedian to me and puppet of NATO while getting his citizens killed to full fill his ego

Even here reported about 60 civilians are killed in one day including whole family of five members including kids are killed by gun. What more to say. And government persons also brave with it on Twitter posts. I think that unacceptable actions. What more to say

Sounds very convincing if you're not that bright, his proof is a selfie and some words he read off of a computer screen? Even propaganda isn't what it used to be...

• suutsuut Member
    edited March 2022

This is another form of aggression. Russian cats are sanctioned.
    The next ones to be sanctioned will be Tetris and the periodic table. Everything will turn into a political farce.

What they need is negotiation, not endless attacks on each other. Sanctions will not solve the fundamental problem, and adding fuel to the fire will make the war even worse.

• xaocxaoc Member

@hostdare said:

@xaoc said: With russian guns.

in this , either you get killed by ukraine or russian guns,it does not matter as comedian is calculating how many enemy soldier is getting killed now .

"This", is called an invasion of a sovereign country by a mad man's army, try and spin your story as much as you wish, can't hide the truth, not in 2022. ;)

@xaoc said: "This", is called an invasion of a sovereign country by a mad man's army, try and spin your story as much as you wish, can't hide the truth, not in 2022. ;)

well this sums up

https://qphs.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-041e7dce61234a73fddb98de7278eb5b-lq

Thanked by 1default
  • DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Isn't history written be the victor anyhow?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jenkki said: Show me examples please when Russians coming to some country and occupy them?

@xaoc said: All the ex ussr republics, the fuck?

No kidding.

And again in 1956, 1968, also Afghanistan in 1979...and like the US, a dozen other wars it funded/supplied from a distance.

BTW, note how @jenkki has now stopped saying this now that he's been called out on his bullshit.

@jenkki, you need to read some history because you look ignorant of facts. And also some basic logic - if the West does something wrong, that doesn't make it all right for Russia to do it.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited March 2022

While it might be possible to actually disconnect them from the internet, I don't believe that's what's being suggested here, but rather their top-level domain be "disconnected".

As others mentioned, they could - and would - resolve those internally, though, so it would theoretically only stop the rest of the world from accessing .ru.

To add to this, even if Russia actually got disconnected from the internet - they've apparently prepared for that (surprise!) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50902496

• bkjbkj Member

I am dumb when it comes to this stuff, but yeah, one russian dude was telling me very while back "our country wants to implement a "killswitch" so they can yeet out internet from the whole region whenever they wanted for whatever reason there is"

• suutsuut Member
    edited March 2022

@lowendclient said:

@vero said:

@jenkki said:

I'm not Ukrainian. But I know very well how Russian propaganda works.

Didn't see Russia propaganda a lot, they just attack directly...
    On the other hand, you can find ridiculous articles in Chinese famous websites like "Ukraine president support local Nazis persecute Jews".
    Obviously it's a payback to western resist 2022 OWG except Putin.

Where? In hostloc.com? Good luck mjj

This discussion has been closed.