Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES!

124»

Comments

• umzakumzak Member

do you have promo for reseller 25GB SSD space in SG annually?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@umzak said:
    do you have promo for reseller 25GB SSD space in SG annually?

Nope, we don't, only lifetime.

• whose life is this?

your life?
    your company life?
    client life?

• @apollo15 said:

whose life is this?

your life?
    your company life?
    client life?

Does it really matter?
    If Mike dies, I would assume the product dies.
    If the company dies, I would assume the product dies.
    If the client dies, does it even need the product anymore?

Thanked by 3Ympker pbx ariq01
  • @rcy026 said:

@apollo15 said:

whose life is this?

your life?
    your company life?
    client life?

Does it really matter?

I'll take long before someone dies (except for unexpected events).

A company can decide to die anytime, even tomorrow.

At least it won't affect other clients.

• @jcarlo9 said:

@rcy026 said:

@apollo15 said:

whose life is this?

your life?
    your company life?
    client life?

Does it really matter?

I was trying to point out that it doesn't really matter whose lifetime you count. No matter which lifetime ends, the product ends.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MailChannels for outbound only? No incoming spam filtering?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@yabs said:
    Content of this thread is so unprofessional.

I think that's actually the attractive side, honesty instead of professionally ripping you off.
    Give that some thought please. We need more humanity and less companies in the world.

Thanked by 2risharde MikePT
  • @dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    MailChannels for outbound only? No incoming spam filtering?

My experience with shared hosting on MyW was that incoming did have a light touch on incoming spam filtering by default, but had spam assassin you could play with. I did notice that one particular routine daily spam-email from facebook was filtered on inbound.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@M66B said:

@yabs said:

I think that's actually the attractive side, honesty instead of professionally ripping you off.
    Give that some thought please. We need more humanity and less companies in the world.

You're replying to a banned participant

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@angstrom said:

@M66B said:

@yabs said:

You're replying to a banned participant

I am aware of that, but I think my comment is still relevant.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • pbxpbx Member

@MikePT said: MailChannels for Outbound Delivery

You don't use mailbaby anymore? or some customers have mailbaby, some other have mailchannel? Any difference between both options delivery wise?

Thanks

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @pbx said:

You don't use mailbaby anymore? or some customers have mailbaby, some other have mailchannel? Any difference between both options delivery wise?

Thanks

FWIW, the shared account I recently trialed from MyW in USA was using a mailbaby relay. AFAIK, mailbaby is a different volume-based billing model than mailchannels monthly-based billing and I'm not sure if there's any real performance difference (no hate on either, I'm just a user).

Thanked by 2pbx MikePT
  • @pbx said: You don't use mailbaby anymore? or some customers have mailbaby, some other have mailchannel? Any difference between both options delivery wise?

Under the hood they are the same thing.

Hint: read their SPF records and dig into IP ranges - you will notice that Mailbaby is (extremely likely) a reseller of Mailchannels.

Thanked by 3ChefJoe pbx MikePT
  • pbxpbx Member

Thanks guys.

@cnbeining said: Hint: read their SPF records and dig into IP ranges - you will notice that Mailbaby is (extremely likely) a reseller of Mailchannels.

Seems like they use them "when necessary" i.e. when they are not able to deliver themselves (unless this changes since @interservermike wrote): https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3141343/#Comment_3141343

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

If you're around in 6-8 weeks when the authorities have processed my VAT number, I'll grab the reseller advanced lifetime package :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

Hey there guys, yes, we're sing MailBaby, which utilize MailChannels - we had a large plan with MailChannels that was costing way too much - we decided to move to MailBaby - they essentially relay through MailChannels. I haven't seen any email delivered through their mail servers directly.

@ChefJoe said:

@pbx said:

Thanks

FWIW, the shared account I recently trialed from MyW in USA was using a mailbaby relay. AFAIK, mailbaby is a different volume-based billing model than mailchannels monthly-based billing and I'm not sure if there's any real performance difference (no hate on either, I'm just a user).

Yeah that's it, we're not sending more than 100k / month right now. It'd be more expensive with MailChannels as we had a larger plan with them.

Thanked by 1ChefJoe

@cnbeining said:

@pbx said: You don't use mailbaby anymore? or some customers have mailbaby, some other have mailchannel? Any difference between both options delivery wise?

Under the hood they are the same thing.

Hint: read their SPF records and dig into IP ranges - you will notice that Mailbaby is (extremely likely) a reseller of Mailchannels.

Correct mate!

@rcy026 said:

@jcarlo9 said:

@rcy026 said:

@apollo15 said:

whose life is this?

your life?
    your company life?
    client life?

Does it really matter?

I was trying to point out that it doesn't really matter whose lifetime you count. No matter which lifetime ends, the product ends.

Correct.

The main company has been operating since December 2015, where MyW is almost 3 years old.

Future plans: Colocation fully, owned hardware.

@ChefJoe said:

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    MailChannels for outbound only? No incoming spam filtering?

My experience with shared hosting on MyW was that incoming did have a light touch on incoming spam filtering by default, but had spam assassin you could play with. I did notice that one particular routine daily spam-email from facebook was filtered on inbound.

We're using rspamd, we don't use anything else for inbound filtering.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2022

Great, we just publicly made his competitors know how to compete with him... like this will probably get indexed as well.

• @dotcomUNDERGROUND said: MailChannels for outbound only? No incoming spam filtering?

Inbound filtering is expensive.

I am making custom HTTP-IMAP adapter for Mailgun and SendGrid to churn on their (free) inbound filtering - follow the development at https://www.cnbeining.com/2022/03/use-mailgun-sendgrid-for-free-inbound-spam-filtering/ .

@risharde said:
    Great, we just publicly made his competitors know how to compete with him... like this will probably get indexed as well.

Oh no worries, competition is healthy.

Thanked by 1devp

Hey guys,

We have plenty of stock left, let's order :)

Thanked by 2Ympker Fabian47