Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES!

Comments

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited March 2022

@umzak said:
    What is the definition of "lifetime" in hosting business? can we use the service for at least 1 year, 2 years, or depending on how long the company lasts?

"Lifetime" is the lifetime of the company or the client. Whichever comes first.

@MikePT how do you deal with compromised account which send spam email 100 email hourly ? is there a way to disable mail function for specific account ?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @yokowasis said: @MikePT how do you deal with compromised account which send spam email 100 email hourly ? is there a way to disable mail function for specific account ?

>

Yes. Set the quota to 0 - you can do that as reseller.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Pro-tip: Payment processors and merchant accounts don't like when you use the phrase lifetime. Use one time instead.

Thanked by 2risharde MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@matheny said:
    super happy with 50G reseller plan in LA. Network is fast and service is stable. Hope you will be okay and maintain myw for a long time!

Thank you - it's been almost 3 years!

@Lex said:
    +1 for the DE location. You can't beat the quality/price ratio of MyW!

Those who mentioned that he's "unprofessional". I'd rather have whatever you call "unprofessional" but efficient, transparent and straight forward instead of professionalism, extreme politeness and utter shit service quality.

There are a lot of provides out there that will drown you with fancy talk, grand description of their services, over-the-top politeness and a shit-ton of top-marketing for an absolutely garbage premium service.

I've had 20$ per month shared hosting services that were very inferior compared to this 25 euro per year service.

Lex, thank you for your review! We try our best - as a small firm, we just can't grow as fast as other companies do. At least, we don't have any investors yelling at us asking for profits all the time! Growing at a slow pace sounds better to us.

@o_be_one said:
    Happy lifetime customer since 1y on USA and EU. I have really good uptimes on both of them.

Please continue your great work and be careful with lifetimes as in the long run it could cause more damage to your business i guess (and i don't want to have to choose another provider or to loose my lifetime like Google did with its free Google Apps :p).

Thanks for sharing those informations MikePT, i wish you the best!

Thank you mate! We're not going away any time soon! :)

@cnbeining said:

@cnbeining said: In short - great provider.

And support is top tier.

Let me elaborate a bit about the performance on the DE box.

System Info
    Uptime    412 Days, 3 Hours and 10 Minutes
    CPUs count    24
    CPUs Information
    Processor Name    Vendor ID   Processor Speed (MHz)
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3687.229
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3778.440
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4054.710
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3567.160
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3685.914
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4196.950
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3716.395
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4171.452
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4231.349
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4198.278
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3953.101
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3632.243
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3536.254
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4003.856
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4052.978
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4112.494
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4138.756
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3948.070
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3372.501
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4061.229
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4148.974
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    4209.708
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3418.607
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core Processor    AuthenticAMD    3377.349
    Memory Information
    Total Memory  125.59 GB
    Free Memory   9.02 GB
    Available Memory  74.25 GB
    Total Swap Memory 15.98 GB
    Free Swap Memory  12.06 GB
    Cached Swap Memory    181.84 MB

Load Average
    1 minute  2.14
    5 minutes 2.42
    15 minutes    2.73

I personally make one account per service even for myself:

Setting   Usage   Limit   Allocated
    Bandwidth 69.6 MB Unlimited   Unlimited
    Disk Usage    3.31 GB 50 GB   Unlimited
    E-mail Disk Usage 781.6 MB        
    Database Disk Usage   50.86 MB    Unlimited   0 B
    Inodes    149616  Unlimited   Unlimited
    # of Domains  11  Unlimited   Unlimited
    # of Subdomains   3   Unlimited   Unlimited
    E-mail Accounts   16  Unlimited   Unlimited
    E-mail Forwarders 5   Unlimited   Unlimited
    Mailing Lists 0   Unlimited   Unlimited
    Autoresponders    0   Unlimited   Unlimited
    Sent E-mails  0       
    Received E-mails  5       
    # of MySQL DBs    6   Unlimited   Unlimited
    Domain Pointers   0   Unlimited   Unlimited
    FTP Accounts  10  Unlimited   Unlimited
    # of IPs  1       
    # of free IPs 0       

As for experience - let's say it's much much much faster than my Linode 1G.

For communication - it does make me feel better that my $$$ are becoming diapers for @MikePT 's baby directly rather a rounding error on some megacorp's financial statement.

As for DA vs cPanel - I came from the SSH world and don't really feel like losing too much on PHP based sites. Went back to a cPanel I have access to and don't really feel like missing out anything major except for native CalDav(just host your own - I use a full Nextcloud).

Will I buy it again? Absolutely. Just voted with another 40 euros.

Amazing review - we appreciate it mate, definitely, all going to diapers! :P.

We're just a very small firm/company trying to grow, slowly, but investing in other markets as well.

I haven't missed anything in DA to be honest - CalDav is still not perfect, e.g comparing to Google Calendars, etc, their integration simply works and it's super easy to setup.

@evnix said:
    I have an annual reseller plan since 2 years(I don't resell, just use it for isolaton), will stick with it as it would be predictable income for you.

We appreciate it mate, thank you! :-) we're very happy to have clients like yourself.

@ChefJoe said:
    Hi MikePT, my 2 cents here. I was hunting around for a new shared hosting plan with mailchannels during Black Friday and New Years sales and was genuinely intrigued by your shared hosting, but the $17-18 "lifetime" account was comparatively steep for a provider I've never used. Ideally the step I wanted to buy into "lifetime" was for a few months to try or a 1 year shared hosting account that's not $60, but can reasonably be upgraded in a future lifetime sale.

I've picked up DA hosting from other vendors for under $4/yr during those sales periods but found issues related to inbound mail filtering on inbound that I couldn't adjust or get a response asking for my domain to be excluded from having things like all mailchimp or newegg promotional emails exim rbl deleted prior to even SA scoring. I chalked it up to configuration issues, the levels a host goes to to combat the entire spam systemwide vs leaves up to the customer to configure, and low-end support, but wasn't out that much money. The Track Delivery feature of cpanel makes investigating the fate of inbound emails much easier to see vs the DA "exim log" tool. With (non-propack) DA, you just have to use it for a few weeks and observe what sort of emails aren't showing up anymore.

@risharde said:
    PS Just took a package in Germany from you @MikePT, cannot wait to test it out!

Seen the order during the night, welcome again mate! You'll love the DE server. It's my favorite one.

@ChefJoe, I'd be glad to offer you a trial should you wish - exclusive offer here as we don't like trials :P.

@smile93 said:

@umzak said:
    What is the definition of "lifetime" in hosting business? can we use the service for at least 1 year, 2 years, or depending on how long the company lasts?

Yeah, I have with them since July 2019 (2 year ++). I have advanced reseller on all 3 locations + 1 extra LET reseller.

The services have been always great. I only put one or two accounts on each reseller account.

Thank you so much, you're a very old client of ours, we'll turn 3 years old soon!

Thanked by 2Ympker ChefJoe

@yokowasis said:

@umzak said:

"Lifetime" is the lifetime of the company or the client. Whichever comes first.

@MikePT how do you deal with compromised account which send spam email 100 email hourly ? is there a way to disable mail function for specific account ?

Correct!

We'd suspend the account if we notice such amount of spam originating from a specific account.
    You can set the email limit to 0 as replied by a friend here.

@cnbeining said:

@yokowasis said: @MikePT how do you deal with compromised account which send spam email 100 email hourly ? is there a way to disable mail function for specific account ?

>

Yes. Set the quota to 0 - you can do that as reseller.

This! :)

@SirFoxy said:
    Pro-tip: Payment processors and merchant accounts don't like when you use the phrase lifetime. Use one time instead.

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it and will think about renaming it! :)

• Also a happy lifetime customer of @MikePT :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Ympker said:
    Also a happy lifetime customer of @MikePT :)

One of the first actually <3

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

And for years to come <3

Btw.:
    I would agree with @SirFoxy . One-Time Fee/Charge would look better on invoice, for business purposes.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

And for years to come <3

Btw.:
    I would agree with @SirFoxy . One-Time Fee/Charge would look better on invoice, for business purposes.

Agreed - shall change that soon mate, thank you, it makes sense.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I don't want to be mean, but selling lifetime services created this situation where you are begging people to order new services so you can keep alive the servers.

• FritzFritz Veteran

I thought setting 0 for email means unlimited on directadmin.

I read on their docs there is no way to disable email completely or there is now?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I still don't get all this lifetime business model of @MikePT, but who am I to judge?

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited March 2022

@default said:
    I still don't get all this lifetime business model of @MikePT, but who am I to judge?

Lifetime means one big bucks ahead for the provider. For how long, we will never know.

Btw @MikePT I'm using your De and La lifetime shared hosting and the performance is superb.

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I think this can be a sustainable model. Lifetimes used to pay off for hardware and recurring for monthly costs.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@AndreiGhesi said:
    I don't want to be mean, but selling lifetime services created this situation where you are begging people to order new services so you can keep alive the servers.

We're ok financially, just lack fund to invest in other projects, we're not bankrupt. Please understand that for once. Furthermore, we're not begging.

@Fritz said:
    I thought setting 0 for email means unlimited on directadmin.

I read on their docs there is no way to disable email completely or there is now?

Nice question, indeed.

@default said:
    I still don't get all this lifetime business model of @MikePT, but who am I to judge?

I've explained countless of times.

@Fritz said:

@default said:

Lifetime means one big bucks ahead for the provider. For how long, we will never know.

Btw @MikePT I'm using your De and La lifetime shared hosting and the performance is superb.

Glad to know mate!!! :-)

@risharde said:
    I think this can be a sustainable model. Lifetimes used to pay off for hardware and recurring for monthly costs.

We've enough funds every month to renew everything, from monthly and annually paying customers. We have quite a few large customers that require plenty of emails for example and they pay much, much more. This is an offer meant for forums and friends. It's not representative of the many clients we have, though, we're still small, less than 1000 clients.

Thanked by 1devp
  • @MikePT said:

@nyamenk said:
    Pertamax <3

Dunno what it is!

This for I'm happy with your service :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

@risharde said: I think this can be a sustainable model. Lifetimes used to pay off for hardware and recurring for monthly costs.

>

Lifetime deal is never sustainable.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@lonea said:

@risharde said: I think this can be a sustainable model. Lifetimes used to pay off for hardware and recurring for monthly costs.

>

Lifetime deal is never sustainable.

I think you missed the point I was making about the combination method I was referring to.

Thanked by 2MikePT o_be_one

@nyamenk said:

@MikePT said:

@nyamenk said:
    Pertamax <3

Dunno what it is!

This for I'm happy with your service :)

Thank you! :-)

Thank you for your orders so far guys! We still have plenty of stock available! :)

• Their server performance is nice.
    I hope support response time has improved in these months.
    People should really give try to Mike's services especially the new Singapore location.

rack-nerd

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT
  • umzakumzak Member

Is the shared hosting instant setup? Or should I wait for your working hours?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @umzak said:
    Is the shared hosting instant setup? Or should I wait for your working hours?

Yes, it is.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I really do not need any more hosting but I already have one of Mike's previous lifetime offers and the service and support is simply superb so I will order another one just to show my support for a great provider.

Thanked by 4Ympker ariq01 devp MikePT
  • Is it possible, as it was in the past, to buy several of the lifetime plans and have their resources combined?

And if so can I do that and have them combined with my existing lifetime shared plan?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Fritz said:

Any noticeable different between the two, performance wise? I live in California, so it would make the most sense to go with LA, but the DE server is more powerful and protected by wonderful EU privacy laws.

My uses would be 2 small Wordpress websites, and email hosting for a family of 4. Regarding email, would US recipients have any problems receiving emails from the DE server? Or does MailChannels route through their US servers when the destination is in the US?

I welcome input from @MikePT and anyone else who can comment on the LA vs DE servers!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

Any noticeable different between the two, performance wise? I live in California, so it would make the most sense to go with LA, but the DE server is more powerful and protected by wonderful EU privacy laws.

I have both, and tbh I personally cannot experience any difference. I am idling most of it though, so ymmv.

My uses would be 2 small Wordpress websites, and email hosting for a family of 4. Regarding email, would US recipients have any problems receiving emails from the DE server? Or does MailChannels route through their US servers when the destination is in the US?

Both should go through MailChannels, so both should have the same deliverability. Not sure if the servers are in US or EU though

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

@Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

I welcome input from @MikePT and anyone else who can comment on the LA vs DE servers!

Hetzner is honestly not great for privacy. For example, TorchNode (a now dead hosting company) had some of their drives pulled out by Hetzner without warning due to someone running a TOR node on their storage servers. Hetzner is very strict and brutal when it comes to even copyright claims and general abuse reports.

There wouldn't really be any problem with emails coming from Germany --> Los Angeles assuming the US recipients don't have anything special setup that blocks all mail not sent from the USA.

• Anyone else seeing a ton of downtime today on the DE node?

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited March 2022

@MatthewM said:
    Anyone else seeing a ton of downtime today on the DE node?

Yes, mine has been up and down whole day.

@MikePT