Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Shared/Reseller, DA, MailChannels, CL, LiteSpeed - DE/USA/SG- LIFETIMES!

Comments

• devpdevp Member

@AndreiGhesi said: I don't want to be mean, but selling lifetime services created this situation where you are begging people to order new services so you can keep alive the servers.

Thats a tough decision for a bussiness to take.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2022

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:
    Anyone else seeing a ton of downtime today on the DE node?

Yes, mine has been up and down whole day.

@MikePT

My site's also had some hick-ups the past 24h:
    https://stats.uptimerobot.com/6RAEYuKpD/786463462

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

Confirmed. DE is down. I repeat: DE is down!

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited March 2022

@default said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

It's up now but the response time is a higher than usual.

• @Fritz said:

@default said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

It's up now but the response time is a higher than usual.

Nope. Still down.

• ErisaErisa Member

The offer killed the server! Sound the alarms!

• Mine DE still up

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MatthewM said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

Hey there,

This has been resolved - the MySQL server was hitting max_connections and LiteSpeed wasn't working properly.

All sorted.

Thanked by 3nyamenk Ympker MGarbis
    edited March 2022

It was never down guys - some websites were facing issues, yes, as it was hitting the max_connections value, and the litespeed process did hung quite a few times. This has been fixed already - websites are back to super fast load times :-)
    This is super, super rare :)

Thanked by 1Ympker

@JasonM said:
    Their server performance is nice.
    I hope support response time has improved in these months.
    People should really give try to Mike's services especially the new Singapore location.

rack-nerd

It has improved indeed!

The SG server is awesome!

@umzak said:
    Is the shared hosting instant setup? Or should I wait for your working hours?

Instant setup :)

@khalequzzaman said:

@umzak said:
    Is the shared hosting instant setup? Or should I wait for your working hours?

Yes, it is.

Thanks mate!

@rcy026 said:
    I really do not need any more hosting but I already have one of Mike's previous lifetime offers and the service and support is simply superb so I will order another one just to show my support for a great provider.

Thank you very much for your support, we couldn't be where we are today if it weren't your help. We really appreciate and expect to grow much more in the coming years!

@deadlyllama said:
    Is it possible, as it was in the past, to buy several of the lifetime plans and have their resources combined?

And if so can I do that and have them combined with my existing lifetime shared plan?

Yes open a ticket, you can stack the resources :)

@Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

Btw @MikePT I'm using your De and La lifetime shared hosting and the performance is superb.

Any noticeable different between the two, performance wise? I live in California, so it would make the most sense to go with LA, but the DE server is more powerful and protected by wonderful EU privacy laws.

My uses would be 2 small Wordpress websites, and email hosting for a family of 4. Regarding email, would US recipients have any problems receiving emails from the DE server? Or does MailChannels route through their US servers when the destination is in the US?

I welcome input from @MikePT and anyone else who can comment on the LA vs DE servers!

The LA server is just an E3 - it's enough for now but we want to upgrade it to Ryzen or a Dual E5 VERY SOON.

@sanvit said:

@Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

Btw @MikePT I'm using your De and La lifetime shared hosting and the performance is superb.

Any noticeable different between the two, performance wise? I live in California, so it would make the most sense to go with LA, but the DE server is more powerful and protected by wonderful EU privacy laws.

I have both, and tbh I personally cannot experience any difference. I am idling most of it though, so ymmv.

My uses would be 2 small Wordpress websites, and email hosting for a family of 4. Regarding email, would US recipients have any problems receiving emails from the DE server? Or does MailChannels route through their US servers when the destination is in the US?

Both should go through MailChannels, so both should have the same deliverability. Not sure if the servers are in US or EU though

Correct, all delivered with mail.baby that use MailChannels!

@MatthewM said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

Explained the issues and solved as well guys, sorry for the issues!

Thanked by 2Ympker JasonM

@Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

@default said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

@nyamenk said:
    Mine DE still up

Sorry for the issues guys - some websites were indeed down, MySQL was hitting the max_connections limit (increased it a lot and am monitoring it), then LSWS wasn't working properly, the second worker (we have a 2 workers licence) was getting stuck, in the end, BitNinja played with the firewall by detecting a DDoS and trying to filter legit traffic.

All this was sorted and I'm monitoring it very closely.

Thanked by 2Tim_kwakman Ympker
  • @MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

@default said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

@nyamenk said:
    Mine DE still up

Sorry for the issues guys - some websites were indeed down, MySQL was hitting the max_connections limit (increased it a lot and am monitoring it), then LSWS wasn't working properly, the second worker (we have a 2 workers licence) was getting stuck, in the end, BitNinja played with the firewall by detecting a DDoS and trying to filter legit traffic.

Happy to see a quick response to the issues. Thanks for the update, Mike! Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy your weekend now :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Advin said:

@Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

I welcome input from @MikePT and anyone else who can comment on the LA vs DE servers!

Hetzner is honestly not great for privacy. For example, TorchNode (a now dead hosting company) had some of their drives pulled out by Hetzner without warning due to someone running a TOR node on their storage servers. Hetzner is very strict and brutal when it comes to even copyright claims and general abuse reports.

That sounds like a law enforcement warrant was served which you should be much more concerned about privacy if the provider doesn't handle legal requests properly.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:

@Advin said:

@Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

Hetzner is honestly not great for privacy. For example, TorchNode (a now dead hosting company) had some of their drives pulled out by Hetzner without warning due to someone running a TOR node on their storage servers. Hetzner is very strict and brutal when it comes to even copyright claims and general abuse reports.

That sounds like a law enforcement warrant was served which you should be much more concerned about privacy if the provider doesn't handle legal requests properly.

Sure, but even generally they're pretty strict about things than most providers in Germany.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Advin said:

@TimboJones said:

@Advin said:

@Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

Sure, but even generally they're pretty strict about things than most providers in Germany.

Yeah, I use a VPS from fastpipe/combahton for a pretty controversial website, and combahton doesn’t seem to give a shit at all about it. I know for a fact that people have submitted (false) abuse reports about it and I have yet to hear anything from them, it just keeps on chugging (albeit with slow performance). Nothing on it is super illegal but they don’t seem to care about any German speech laws or anything like that which I appreciate

Thanked by 1JasonM

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

@default said:

@Fritz said:

@MatthewM said:

@MikePT

@nyamenk said:
    Mine DE still up

Happy to see a quick response to the issues. Thanks for the update, Mike! Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy your weekend now :)

Definitely enjoyed! :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @bruh21 said:

@Advin said:

@TimboJones said:

@Advin said:

@Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

Yeah, I use a VPS from fastpipe/combahton for a pretty controversial website, and combahton doesn’t seem to give a shit at all about it. I know for a fact that people have submitted (false) abuse reports about it and I have yet to hear anything from them, it just keeps on chugging (albeit with slow performance). Nothing on it is super illegal but they don’t seem to care about any German speech laws or anything like that which I appreciate

Yeah used combahton for a forum site and migration went fine but it performed like a snail, had to move out the day i moved.

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

Lifetime offers are 100% not sustainable. They never have, and never will be.

Considering that inflation is reaching record limits all over the world, I highly doubt that offering a lifetime reseller account with unlimited domains is sustainable.

@Jamie_DreamIT said:

Considering that inflation is reaching record limits all over the world, I highly doubt that offering a lifetime reseller account with unlimited domains is sustainable.

I've explained this all the time. Please guys, stop.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Jamie_DreamIT said:

Congrats on your first post since September 2020

Thanked by 1Jamie_DreamIT
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Ahfaiahkid said:

@bruh21 said:

@Advin said:

@TimboJones said:

@Advin said:

@Tightwad said:

@Fritz said:

Yeah used combahton for a forum site and migration went fine but it performed like a snail, had to move out the day i moved.

it's slow but usable enough for one website which is all i need. thinking of migrating out to cheaper things but if it aint broke dont fix it right

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • light2alight2a Member
    edited March 2022

Sustainability of lifetime offers has been discussed here and in some other threads too. One needs to be realistic when purchasing "low end" offers. If you buy lifetime web hosting from @MikePT, for example, with 15 Euros, it's unrealistic to expect similar service what you get if you pay continuosly 10 euros per month.

How much would I be willing to give support for 15 euros, let alone host a web site forever, if I hosted a service? Not much. Really, it's only single payment of 15 euros, or 50 euros for reseller account, for example.

I have bought VPSs and web hosting from providers advertising here in LowEndTalk. Generally cheap prices mean more risk, but in some cases the outcome is not worse that with more expensive provider. Expected lifetime of a lifetime deal varies, so it's one risk one needs to consider. I use these "low end offers" for personal projects, testing or other non-business critical hobby purposes, so it's ok if server up time is only like 99.9%.

Using the offers from this forum provides way to find cheap but reliable services. Without testing it's hard to know. I have one lifetime web hosting from @MikePT for 15 euros, and I've been very satisfied with it so far.

As long as server is generally working, I'm not unhappy if I don't get much support for some issue specific to my site (for the paid price). I'm considering to buy another lifetime hosting from @MikePT just for future projects.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@light2a said:
    Sustainability of lifetime offers has been discussed here and in some other threads too. One needs to be realistic when purchasing "low end" offers. If you buy lifetime web hosting from @MikePT, for example, with 15 Euros, it's unrealistic to expect similar service what you get if you pay continuosly 10 euros per month.

How much would I be willing to give support for 15 euros, let alone host a web site forever, if I hosted a service? Not much. Really, it's only single payment of 15 euros, or 50 euros for reseller account, for example.

I have bought VPSs and web hosting from providers advertising here in LowEndTalk. Generally cheap prices mean more risk, but in some cases the outcome is not worse that with more expensive provider. Expected lifetime of a lifetime deal varies, so it's one risk one needs to consider. I use these "low end offers" for personal projects, testing or other non-business critical hobby purposes, so it's ok if server up time is only like 99.9%.

Using the offers from this forum provides way to find cheap but reliable services. Without testing it's hard to know. I have one lifetime web hosting from @MikePT for 15 euros, and I've been very satisfied with it so far.

As long as server is generally working, I'm not unhappy if I don't get much support for some issue specific to my site (for the paid price). I'm considering to buy another lifetime hosting from @MikePT just for future projects.

Thank you so much for the kind words!

We've been using the funds to invest in the company. E.g, in a few months, we'll have Dedicated Servers, hardware is fully owned by us. Lifetimes are great for promotion and investment. The recurring renewal costs are already paid for with monthly/annually paying customers.

Thank you for the orders so far guys - we still have plenty of stock :-)

Hey guys,

Bumping this thread - we have plenty of stock still. We're still not sure if we'll stay in LET due to the new fee for providers, still thinking of it.

Thanked by 2kkrajk ChefJoe

Shameless bump, because we have soooooo much stock still :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Any chance for a dedicated IP for these offers?

Thanked by 2Erisa MikePT
  • @Arkas said:

For lifetime that'll be hard. We don't want @MikePT going anywhere. But maybe for a yearly fee that's doable?

Thanked by 2Arkas MikePT
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Ympker said: But maybe for a yearly fee that's doable?

That would also be great.

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT

@Ympker said:

@Arkas said:

For lifetime that'll be hard. We don't want @MikePT going anywhere. But maybe for a yearly fee that's doable?

@Arkas said:

@Ympker said: But maybe for a yearly fee that's doable?

That would also be great.

Yep yearly is fine! :)

Thanked by 3Ympker Arkas ElonBezos