Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New KS-LE server.New edition. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New KS-LE server.New edition.

Comments

• @Erisa said:

@Falzo said:

@karanchoo said:

@Falzo said: but but but. that's canada, right, RIGHT?

Sorry , GRA1

when did you order/got provisioned? like... a few minutes ago or earlier today already?

Tbh with the bandwidth stuff it likely is more to do with luck of the rack allocation rather than specific timing like with the hardware gambles.

yes rack allocation, I totally agree. but I'd also assume that they are predeployed and they get simply activated one by one. so maybe right now they are giving out servers in a rack with gbit, you know...

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited January 2022

@karanchoo said: Single Core | 796 Multi Core | 5832

Thanks for the yabs on the SYS-LE-2. Looks like the CPU is close in performance to a SYS-2, if I'm reading the geekbench correctly:

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
    Single Core     | 725                           
    Multi Core      | 5214                          

So compared to a SYS-2-SSD-64 with 2x500G nvme, the LE-2 has 4x the storage and 2x the RAM at $20/mo more (about 50% more). Interesting, but with the same 250m send speed and 17 IPv4 limit, it's not worth dumping my SYS-2 for it, IMHO.

Thanked by 1Peppery9
  • @Falzo said: when did you order/got provisioned? like... a few minutes ago or earlier today already?

>

Like ordered 60 minutes ago and got within 1 minute . got the server email even before invoice email.

• @Falzo said: yes rack allocation, I totally agree. but I'd also assume that they are predeployed and they get simply activated one by one. so maybe right now they are giving out servers in a rack with gbit, you know...

FOMO it and find out :D

• @karanchoo said:
    I will be Needing the gigabit port even if its temporary and ovh and revert it back.
    Will be Moving lots of my less CPU intensive VMs from Hetzner AX101 to This .(Ip prices)
    might be getting 1-2 more.

Respect to you buddy, congrats on winning the SYS lottery!

• Anyone has already setup Proxmox and wanna tell me the interface name after reboot? Its late and i just wanna finish the install ;-)

• @fLoo said:
    Anyone has already setup Proxmox and wanna tell me the interface name after reboot? Its late and i just wanna finish the install ;-)

Can't you use IPMI?

• @Erisa said:

@fLoo said:
    Anyone has already setup Proxmox and wanna tell me the interface name after reboot? Its late and i just wanna finish the install ;-)

Can't you use IPMI?

I've a script which automatically creates a VirtKVM enviroment, installs proxmox, reboots.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @fLoo said:

Networking will break if you install proxmox version of ifupdown2.

You need to keep ifupdown that was installed with the OS

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@ServerNotFound said:

@bruh21 said:

@Astro said:

@bruh21 said:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > > > > #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    > > > > #                     v2021-12-28                    #
    > > > > # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    > > > > # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > > > > 
    > > > > Tue Jan 25 17:11:32 UTC 2022
    > > > > 
    > > > > Basic System Information:
    > > > > ---------------------------------
    > > > > Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz
    > > > > CPU cores  : 12 @ 3653.594 MHz
    > > > > AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    > > > > VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    > > > > RAM        : 31.2 GiB
    > > > > Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    > > > > Disk       : 3.6 TiB
    > > > > 
    > > > > fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    > > > > Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    > > > >   ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    > > > > Read       | 1.16 MB/s      (290) | 14.48 MB/s     (226)
    > > > > Write      | 1.19 MB/s      (299) | 15.04 MB/s     (235)
    > > > > Total      | 2.36 MB/s      (589) | 29.52 MB/s     (461)
    > > > >            |                      |                     
    > > > > Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    > > > >   ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    > > > > Read       | 51.42 MB/s     (100) | 69.03 MB/s      (67)
    > > > > Write      | 54.09 MB/s     (105) | 73.63 MB/s      (71)
    > > > > Total      | 105.52 MB/s    (205) | 142.67 MB/s    (138)
    > > > > 
    > > > > iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    > > > > Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
    > > > >                 |                           |                 |                
    > > > > Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 896 Mbits/sec   | 858 Mbits/sec  
    > > > > Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 890 Mbits/sec   | 801 Mbits/sec  
    > > > > WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 882 Mbits/sec   | 872 Mbits/sec  
    > > > > WebHorizon      | Singapore (400M)          | 267 Mbits/sec   | 457 Mbits/sec  
    > > > > Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 939 Mbits/sec   | 940 Mbits/sec  
    > > > > Performing IPv4 iperf3 send test to Velocity Online (Attempt #1 of 5)..Performing IPv4 iperf3 recv test from Velocity Online (Attempt #1 of 5)Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 912 Mbits/sec   | 574 Mbits/sec  
    > > > > Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 97.4 Mbits/sec  | 125 Mbits/sec  
    > > > > Performing IPv4 iperf3 recv test from Iveloz Telecom (Attempt #1 of 5).Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 824 Mbits/sec   | 741 Mbits/sec  
    > > > > 
    > > > > Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    > > > > Test            | Value                         
    > > > >                 |                               
    > > > > Single Core     | 891                           
    > > > > Multi Core      | 4627                          
    > > > > Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12388403
    > > > > 

Looks like I got blessed 🙏
    The cpu itself blows the d-1520 out of the water

Ah congrats! I'm just happy that both of my disks are less than 1000 hrs each. I guess ya win some and ya lose some.

Mine are older so you’re definitely right that you win some and lose some

@joekerr
    Canada

Which datacenter?

BHS5

• @fLoo said: Anyone has already setup Proxmox and wanna tell me the interface name after reboot? Its late and i just wanna finish the install ;-)

eth0

• @karanchoo said:

@fLoo said: Anyone has already setup Proxmox and wanna tell me the interface name after reboot? Its late and i just wanna finish the install ;-)

eth0

Nah. I've installed via IPMI now. All good :) Its eno1

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @MrRadic said:
    They're a publicly traded company now, and will be raising prices on a regular basis to increase profit margins.

Hi,

Do you mean rising prices on existing lease? The KS specials are labelled "Special offer valid for entire commitment duration" will they increase the price for existing customers?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Can't login with my current login credentials also the site is terrible on mobile... guess I will check later if no one snags all of them

• vovlervovler Member
    edited January 2022

@Falzo said:

@Erisa said: Both NVMe are SAMSUNG MZQLB1T9HAJR-00007, one has only written 1.92 TB but the other reports an alarming 668 TB written. Wouldn't trust that second one with my data.

nothing to worry about, that thing has a whopping 2.73 PB TBW, so you're not even at a quarter with it yet.

@Erisa said: GRA1, my favourite

mine too. my wallet is in "grave" danger now...

It'd even bet that the first one with 1.92TB written has probably more chances to fail in the first few weeks due to manufacturing defects than the 668TB one.
    Also got one for myself, love the 128GB RAM and 2x 1.92TB Nvme for 50€. Would like to see it use the CPU of SYS-LE-1 instead since it has 2 extra cores, but oh well, cant complain.

Thanked by 2Erisa darkimmortal
  • @vovler said: It'd even bet that the first one with 1.92TB written has probably more chances to fail in the first few weeks due to manufacturing defects than the 668TB one.

Yeah! I had thought of that since posting my initial findings on the SSD. Usually drives are at their prime chance of not failing near the middle of their lifecycle. Pretty good stuff.

• Another hype coming up once the two LE sold out. People gonna ask for transfers and etc.

250 Mbps with a single CPU in dual-sockets isn't that attractive to me either.

• 250 Mbps with a single CPU in dual-sockets isn't that attractive to me either.

With a second 2650v2 (they cost around 30 US-$ in retail) and 500 Mbps it would be a killer offer. So it's just nice.

• I just installed proxmox 7 on KS-LE without much trouble by using QEMU from rescue os. Their rescue environment is really the best I have seen (to compensate for that they don't have IPMI lol)

https://rinaldojonathan.com/en/cara-buat-virtual-kvm-di-server-ovh-kimsufi-soyoustart/

Thanked by 2Erisa Peppery9
  • @Nirvana said:

With a second 2650v2 (they cost around 30 US-$ in retail) and 500 Mbps it would be a killer offer. So it's just nice.

Yeah I found it strange that they left the second socket empty. Even increasing the cost by a couple $ to compensate would still be a killer deal. Maybe they have a shortage of that CPU and this is the most cost effective they can come up with?

• # curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -fdgr
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-28                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU cores  : 12 @ 3900.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.3 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       :

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 262 Mbits/sec   | 426 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 239 Mbits/sec   | 426 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 446 Mbits/sec   | 446 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 382 Mbits/sec   | 419 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 300 Mbits/sec   | 417 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 437 Mbits/sec   | 436 Mbits/sec

Speed up your KS-LE with this one weird trick :wink:

Thanked by 1wiseocean
  • @Peppery9 said:
    # curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -fdgr
    # Yet-Another-Bench-Script #
    # v2021-12-28 #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Basic System Information:
    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU cores : 12 @ 3900.000 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 31.3 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk :

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 262 Mbits/sec | 426 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 239 Mbits/sec | 426 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 446 Mbits/sec | 446 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 382 Mbits/sec | 419 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 300 Mbits/sec | 417 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 437 Mbits/sec | 436 Mbits/sec

how did you do it besides having some (or a lot of) luck :lol:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Peppery9 said:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @Erisa said:

@Nirvana said:

Yeah I found it strange that they left the second socket empty. Even increasing the cost by a couple $ to compensate would still be a killer deal. Maybe they have a shortage of that CPU and this is the most cost effective they can come up with?

I'm betting it's power usage, a second 95w cpu could potentially add a fair bit to the electric bill, especially under heavy use. Rates have been going up everywhere.

Thanked by 2darkimmortal Erisa
  • @Peppery9 WHATS THE TRICK

Thanked by 1Peppery9
  • kdhkdh Member

Anyone got those Dedis? It's already sold out :(

• @kdh said:

I have one on EU account that I might not use. I'm thinking about transferring it but not sure if KS allow it now.

• @matheny said:

@kdh said:

I have one on EU account that I might not use. I'm thinking about transferring it but not sure if KS allow it now.

1gbps duplex or 100mbps uplink?

• @kdh said:

Another batch will deploy soon i guess

• @Astro said:
    @Peppery9 WHATS THE TRICK

most likely some OVH product in the same DC with 500Mbits that he is tunneling through.

Thanked by 1Peppery9