Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Happy New Year 2022! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ - Deals Megathread - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Happy New Year 2022! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ - Deals Megathread

1181920212224ยป

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tetech said:
    "recurring price" is not worth the paper it is written on.

Recurring: one time, maybe two or three, depending on profit margin; we'll then increase price or delete IPv4.
    One time: you pay one time, but we might deadpool within the year.
    Legendary deal: you pay today or buy from big yellow cow, but we plan to deadpool right after PayPal dispute period is over.
    No refund: @uptime down low, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Flash sales: by accepting the ToS, your first born belongs to @skorupion now.
    Free: very slow, someday we'll tack on a โ‚ฌ2.38 setup fee.

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • @yoursunny said:

happy new year yoursunny.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:

@tetech said:
    "recurring price" is not worth the paper it is written on.

Recurring: one time, maybe two or three, depending on profit margin; we'll then increase price or delete IPv4.
    One time: you pay one time, but we might deadpool within the year.
    Legendary deal: you pay today or buy from big yellow cow, but we plan to deadpool right after PayPal dispute period is over.
    No refund: @uptime down low, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Free: very slow, someday we'll tack on a โ‚ฌ2.38 setup fee.

Do I at least get money for raising those kids?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @ehab said:

@yoursunny said:

happy new year yoursunny.

Thanks you <3

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Personally i always see those Legendary/Deadpool offers as marketing activities to promoting their brands and images. It's same behavior when you spend money on ads to make your brand sounds good or convince customer to use your product. Hence i am not really like if provider have attribute to offer the product as almsgiving. in general the cost to bear this Legendary offer are much lower than what gain the value from the branding. e.g at least for me i know this brand webhosting24.com from 10x10x10 promotion and end up as a customer with few VPSs (all of them are idling since i have them, intended to use the routed /48 but did not meet my case and end up i did the setup on Buyvm and Terrahost ).

At last, it's business decision, nothing right or wrong, and has impacts on this way or another. it could attract ppl or chase them out. it has to be win-win, both customer and provider are happy with it. it's crisis management rather deal with this issue alone which also differentiate the branding value in the market.

• tetechtetech Member
    edited February 2022

@tomazu said:

@tetech said:
    For the record, I'm grateful to have a nice โ‚ฌ10 VPS for a year and am not going into meltdown over this, but at this stage I won't renew anything with you.

I have refunded @kalimov622, could you please send me your account ID/e-mail address via PM so that I can refund you, too?

Thank you!

I am not looking for a refund and am grateful to have a nice โ‚ฌ10 VPS in Singapore for a year, but thanks for giving the option.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited February 2022

@derekyang said:
    Personally i always see those Legendary/Deadpool offers as marketing activities to promoting their brands and images. It's same behavior when you spend money on ads to make your brand sounds good or convince customer to use your product. Hence i am not really like if provider have attribute to offer the product as almsgiving.

Boomer is the only provider that explicitly regards all their services as almsgiving including paid ones.

in general the cost to bear this Legendary offer are much lower than what gain the value from the branding. e.g at least for me i know this brand webhosting24.com from 10x10x10 promotion and end up as a customer with few VPSs

What if I only get the legendary deal and nothing else?

• Webhosting24 10x10x10, now upgraded to โ‚ฌ12 double disk
    • VirMach $8.88
    • Nexril $8.40 + 24 push-ups setup fee
    • WebHorizon NAT "at cost"
    • Hosterlabs 3GB RAM for $15
    • SpartanHost $16
    • RackNerd backpack

Provider cannot milk any more profits out of me.
    Am I gonna lose them?

@skorupion said:

@yoursunny said:

Do I at least get money for raising those kids?

Those kids will push-up in your honor, and push-up is money.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • derekyangderekyang Member
    edited February 2022

They will have your royalty as happy customer and you will most likely give positive comments and convince other potential customers. specially for those high profile members in LET and their comments are mostly been valued and could generate big impacts on other potential customer's decision (like most company did to pay lots to pop stars for ads). They don't need to get any profit from you (or even can pay you) but from others. remember there has to be enough paid customers base to support their basic hardware and hosting cost and expansion, it's no joke the provider ordered and provision servers in new location but no one taking them. i believe all providers happy to have customers ordered and paid but just keep the server idling :) and shut up.

@yoursunny said: What if I only get the legendary deal and nothing else?

Thanked by 2yoursunny kalimov622
  • @tomazu said: To all the others commenting on this: We honoured all conditions and contracts; we did not raise prices over night or silently, the price for the renewal after the first year/minimum contract term (with no obligation to renew at that condition!) was adapted to the one of that comes most close in the region. We are allowed by contract and by law to raise (or lower) prices after the minimum contract period. Of course all customers are informed in advance and multiple times.

I don't think anyone is questioning the legality of your decision. It wasn't mentioned in your initial offer that there would be a price increase. I am sure you will be much clearer in your future but the price increase was indeed silent since the ticket or initial offer didn't mention it.

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

@Astro could you please send me your account ID/e-mail address via PM so that I can refund you, too? Thank you!

• AstroAstro Member
    edited February 2022

@tomazu said:
    @Astro could you please send me your account ID/e-mail address via PM so that I can refund you, too? Thank you!

I didn't request for a refund? I don't get the push for refunds here.

• @Astro said:

He doesn't like vocal customers and is asking you to take the hint :wink:

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@Astro said:

Well then shouldn't have messed up like this. Honestly, just admitting that the initial offer wasn't clear would have been enough. Asking everyone who posted here to take a refund is just being passive aggressive. Do I appreciate the deal? Of course. Do I want to keep using it? Yes. Will I stick to the locations that offer the same price? Seems like I have no choice. Shoddy behavior from the provider nonetheless. No one is asking for accommodations out of their whims and fancies. They just based their concerns and protest on the initial offer in the post.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited February 2022

Considering the bandwidth price of Singapore location at webhosting24 and similar pricing of low spec packages in other locations, the bandwidth for those requesting APAC location should be 250GB Premium Bandwidth per month instead of 2TB.

• @derekyang said:
    Personally i always see those Legendary/Deadpool offers as marketing activities to promoting their brands and images. It's same behavior when you spend money on ads to make your brand sounds good or convince customer to use your product. Hence i am not really like if provider have attribute to offer the product as almsgiving. in general the cost to bear this Legendary offer are much lower than what gain the value from the branding. e.g at least for me i know this brand webhosting24.com from 10x10x10 promotion and end up as a customer with few VPSs (all of them are idling since i have them, intended to use the routed /48 but did not meet my case and end up i did the setup on Buyvm and Terrahost ).

At last, it's business decision, nothing right or wrong, and has impacts on this way or another. it could attract ppl or chase them out. it has to be win-win, both customer and provider are happy with it. it's crisis management rather deal with this issue alone which also differentiate the branding value in the market.

I am actually actively avoiding those who do "legendary" offers (as if I can't get one of those offers I would feel like paying a premium) and go for those who do "solid" offers instead (where you have enough time to read through the T&Cs, have a good think about it and still get a good deal).

I was actually thinking of maybe moving a VPS to webhosting24 in the future (if I can get a good deal), but after the drama here I don't think I will do this - I would really be looking for more "clear, unambiguous communication" rather than "we are not doing something illegal".

Thanked by 2tomazu kalimov622
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited February 2022

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Astro said:

And trying to associate your LET account with the customer account, I guess you know already where this is going. I dislike when providers do that, really do, and I've seen it happening once or twice in here. (remember the hostsolutions funny notes inside the database about the person being a LET member)

@Astro said: Honestly, just admitting that the initial offer wasn't clear would have been enough. No one is asking for accommodations out of their whims and fancies. They just based their concerns and protest on the initial offer in the post.

Exactly, but it's hard to pinpoint that when you're getting a "shut up and deal with it" attitude. Some people are just stubborn and can't see past their own mistakes.

@xetsys said: Considering the bandwidth price of Singapore location at webhosting24 and similar pricing of low spec packages in other locations, the bandwidth for those requesting APAC location should be 250GB Premium Bandwidth per month instead of 2TB.

The bandwidth is lower in Singapore anyway, not sure exactly about the value as I'm not going to bother on checking that anymore but I agree with you and for my use case that has always been more than enough. I don't think anyone asked for anything else other than what it was stated in the initial offer.

• PilotseyePilotseye Member
    edited February 2022

@tomazu said:

I will jump in for @Astro if you want to refund someone so badly :lol:

• @Pilotseye said:

@tomazu said:

I wil jump in for @Astro if you want to refund someone so badly :lol:

From my dead cold hands lol

• @Astro said:

@Pilotseye said:

@tomazu said:

So you want that refund? :lol:

• AstroAstro Member
    edited February 2022

@Pilotseye said:

@Astro said:

@Pilotseye said:

@tomazu said:

So you want that refund? :lol:

• @tomazu how long is setup after order confirmation?

• @yoursunny said:

@derekyang said:
    Personally i always see those Legendary/Deadpool offers as marketing activities to promoting their brands and images. It's same behavior when you spend money on ads to make your brand sounds good or convince customer to use your product. Hence i am not really like if provider have attribute to offer the product as almsgiving.

Boomer is the only provider that explicitly regards all their services as almsgiving including paid ones.

in general the cost to bear this Legendary offer are much lower than what gain the value from the branding. e.g at least for me i know this brand webhosting24.com from 10x10x10 promotion and end up as a customer with few VPSs

What if I only get the legendary deal and nothing else?

• Webhosting24 10x10x10, now upgraded to โ‚ฌ12 double disk
    • VirMach $8.88
    • Nexril $8.40 + 24 push-ups setup fee
    • WebHorizon NAT "at cost"
    • Hosterlabs 3GB RAM for $15
    • SpartanHost $16
    • RackNerd backpack

Provider cannot milk any more profits out of me.
    Am I gonna lose them?

On the other hand, you advertise for them every time you post one of these lists.

@BoredBrownBear said:
    @tomazu how long is setup after order confirmation?

Thx for the question: existing customers nearly in real-time, new customers pending manual verification/review (only first order).

• @tomazu what's the typical timeline for migrations on the 10x10x10 after requesting for one?

• fanfan Veteran

@tomazu Any chance will you bring back the 10x10x10 in the future?

@fan said:
    @tomazu Any chance will you bring back the 10x10x10 in the future?

a definite maybe ;-) We do such special and promotional offerings like the LET 10x10x10 for marketing purposes.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

its very odd to see the Happy New Year 2022 and Xmas deals (one of provider banner still shows Xmas specials) still available on LET.