Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long do xfers take at VirMach? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long do xfers take at VirMach?

Comments

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited December 2021

@TimboJones said:
    And you are also talking PayPal issue/chargebacks to the seller. Dude, you're going to get yourself a bad reputation.

For real? That isn't good.

@stoned You might be new with transfers and not respecting people's comments here. did you perhaps keep updating in virmarch transfer ticket? That usually makes your ticket even lower priority. Try to PM them here but I hope you didn't send them so many here too to annoy them further when they are busy.

• Did you pay the $15 support fee?

You don't have service with Virmach. Virmach didn't promise you a transfer. They charge extra for support to people like you trying to gouge for someone else's BF deal over what is probably a $10 VM.

No one cares if you want to use NerdRacks, go for it. But quit freaking out on companies you haven't even done business with because some shady dude in the internet convinced you to PayPal them money.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@mrclown said:

@TimboJones said:
    And you are also talking PayPal issue/chargebacks to the seller. Dude, you're going to get yourself a bad reputation.

For real? That isn't good.

@stoned You might be new with transfers and not respecting people's comments here. did you perhaps keep updating in virmarch transfer ticket? That usually make your ticket even lower priority. Try to PM them here but I hope you didn't send to them so many here too to annoy further when they are busy.

No. I'm not like that. I don't behave in that manner. I make it a point to be professional and respectful. However, People often criticize others to make themselves seem more moral in front of others. I simply do not tolerate people speaking to me in any manner I don't like, and I do away with them. That's how I live my life. If they speak to me in a sub-par manner and fail to comport themselves with self-respect, I no longer will speak to them.

As for not respecting advice, that's something I don't see that. I respect advice. They were however, mocking me and not giving advice, hence my comments. If they can dish it, they should be able to take it. As it happens, I no longer care for their opinion.

No, I don't keep updating the ticket. I don't needlessly create tickets or bother people. It was created and left alone. I read everything on VirMach's site, but didn't see anything about a 3 month transfer.

I've no idea what the uproar is about. No where did I make any unreasonable demands of anyone. I said that it is an ethical issue. That doesn't mean I'm making demands.

People who will read into things, assume things, make up stories in their head, and then admonish me for something they think that I'm doing, I won't bother with it. They can continue ranting without a response from me.

I have been dealing with VPSs and providers for 16 years. Everyone is happy with me. Even the post I created here, about Racknerd not having ipv6 was also just wonderment on my part. The communication with them, was professional and concise, in every ticket so far, as @dustinc can verify.

I've been with many providers for years and exact same behavior on my part, where I am respectful of their time and how I speak to them.

Some people here seem like they are off their meds. They like creating drama and noise to garner attention, or post counts or "thanks" from their other troll buddies... whatever. I know their 4chan type troll culture and that's why I simply ignore them.

• @plumberg said:
    Atleast 1 year in one case I heard off

@deank said:
    Atleast 2 year in one case I heard off

Atleast 3 year in one case I heard off

Or when IPv6 rolls out to all VMs, whichever come first

• @DP said:
    Waiting for VirMach transfers be like:

when Virmach dies or the customer proposing transfer dies?

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

@stoned said:
    ...If they speak to me in a sub-par manner and fail to comport themselves with self-respect, I no longer will speak to them.

But you are here replying to him all the same.

I respect advice.

Okay my advice is to start reading what features a VPS provides before buying, and stop trying to transfer dirty BF servers in the alley by paypaling strangers.

I read everything on VirMach's site, but didn't see anything about a 3 month transfer.

If that was true you'd see the comments on the purchase page for BF servers about transfers. But then again, you don't have any business with Virmach. You didn't buy shit from them. But you are demanding they give you free tech support and insisting it is them in the wrong (nope!).

No where did I make any unreasonable demands of anyone.

Sure you did, you paid some guy a fiver in an alley for a handbag ... and are complaining a day later to Gucci you never recieved your handbag. BF deals are a right, not a privilege. Life is hard when you grow up in a house without consequences.

... Racknerd not having ipv6 was also just wonderment on my part. The communication with them, was professional and concise, in every ticket so far, as @dustinc can verify.

No, you were acting like a child. For the record, on the street we used to call him Dust-off your hands Dustin. For $20 cash I hear he will even give you a dry handy.

Some people here seem like they are off their meds.

Wait, this place comes with free meds?

• @stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

What? The provider doesn't owe anyone the ability to transfer the service.

They owe it to themselves. Otherwise you end up losing customers, business, and repeat business.

If that's the kind of business someone wants to run, where making a repeat customer doesn't matter, and the only thing that matters is fucking the customer out of however much you can initially the first time, then that's their prerogative.

As a buyer, I too have certain rights and protections, regardless of what people may think. Ethically speaking, if I pay for 1 year, and I don't get 1 years service, then that's unethical business practice.

You didn't pay Virmach, though. So why the fuck are you imagining terms from Virmach that isn't even in their ToS? That's insane.

When did I imagine any terms with anyone? You seem terrible at reading and comprehension. If you are not going to do xfers in a timely manner, which makes customers lose time and money, then that's unethical, and you should refuse xfers so people just don't bother with them. How is losing 3 months of service a favor to me?

Virmach provides the server for the period they sold it for. When you buy a second hand thing and then expect Virmach to honour longer than the period you paid, you're making unreasonable demands that exist in your head.

Wtf are you getting on with?

I made no demands. You're instigating and looking to troll. Behave.

I consider this a demand:

As a buyer, I too have certain rights and protections, regardless of what people may think. Ethically speaking, if I pay for 1 year, and I don't get 1 years service, then that's unethical business practice.

Your opinion does not matter. Have a good day. :)

Cool. FraudRecord's opinion will matter. Provider's that might have worked with you before will matter.

• Sure you did, you paid some guy a fiver in an alley for a handbag ... and are complaining a day later to Gucci you never recieved your handbag.

This is the stink I am talking about, that people love to make here on these forums. No where did I do any of that, at all. But you'd love to say I did so you can get your post count up, make funny comments and get 'thanks' and that count goes up... sure. I know all your tactics.

• @stoned said:

Sure you did, you paid some guy a fiver in an alley for a handbag ... and are complaining a day later to Gucci you never recieved your handbag.

This is the stink I am talking about, that people love to make here on these forums. No where did I do any of that, at all. But you'd love to say I did so you can get your post count up, make funny comments and get 'thanks' and that count goes up... sure. I know all your tactics.

If you need a hug, we could ask Dunstin. A crisp twenty should cover it.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

The thread is literally about, "How long does VirMach usually take for xfers"

One ticket was created on both sides. Never updated or annoyed or continuously posted to. No demands were made. A simple question was asked here on the forums about the timeline. But you have to be a drama queen, right? Make a whole song and dance about how I'm doing this and doing that, so you can have something to sing and dance about and make a spectacle of yourself.

Go take your meds. Or maybe get stoned :)

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

@stoned said:
    we did the xfer tickets a few days ago.

I read everything on VirMach's site, but didn't see anything about a 3 month transfer.

I've no idea what the uproar is about.

I don't know I need to keep splitting this up. But your having a freak out over a '3 month wait' and again threatening charge backs when you actually have waited 'a few days' ... over what seems to be a service you didn't even pay Virmach for and think you are entitled to.

We make fun for this overly massive demand in everyone's time over a $10/year service you feel everyone owes you over... And you are surprised we treat you like someone overly entitled. Something you've done on here before (so we dont take you seriously).

Did I miss something here? :).

Here is the reality - the cost of giving you support and transferring is more than just telling you to go away. As I said, BF is a massive discount on servers - it's a privilege not a right. When you get demanding about it, we openly judge you for it.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

Uhm... what? You apparently missed the few posts where I clearly stated that I don't like to bother people especially for such cheap offerings.

@stoned said:
    "Time is support is money and I try to be respectful of that."

(as well as respectful and professionally concise communication). You can literally find this if you do a simple search.

But please do go on. Create a stink. Garner for cheap attention. Make a spectacle of yourself. shrug You are most interesting. :)

Furthermore if you think talking to me is a waste of your time and costs you support time, stop talking to me. Or you can continue with your public spectacle of your stinky song and dance. shrug

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

@stoned said:
    I clearly stated that I don't like to bother people especially for such cheap offerings. "Time is support is money and I'm respectful of that."

Yet here you are. Hmm... Well hope it helped!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @stoned said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

@stoned said:

They owe it to themselves. Otherwise you end up losing customers, business, and repeat business.

If that's the kind of business someone wants to run, where making a repeat customer doesn't matter, and the only thing that matters is fucking the customer out of however much you can initially the first time, then that's their prerogative.

You shouldn't be paying for a year if you're not getting a year. Totally agree.

However the onus is on you an the person you're getting the service from, not the provider.

I understand.

Would it be reasonable then, to wait a month, at the most, and if no service by 2nd week of January 2022, which is a good long reasonable amount of time to wait, do a PayPal issue with the gentleman I did the Xfer with? My logic is as follows (and I could be wrong, so please offer corrections/advice): If I don't get my service in a reasonable amount of time, then that means I would lose on a few months of service even having paid for it on my end, so it seems logical to do a PayPal issue/chargeback. That makes it so both parties are evenly burned. I get my $$$ back, and he retains his original service contract with VirMach.

The only issue I possibly see would be if PayPal charges some kind of a penalty fee. Other than that, I don't see this being a 'chargeback'.

Is my logic incorrect or bad? I don't want to end up doing anything immoral or unethical that harms another.

Hmm, that's unfortunate to hear. In my original post, I explicitly said

1) Absolutely no refunds whatsoever. I'm not making a cent off of these, so I don't want to lose money if VirMach takes a while to do the transfer - I'll open the ticket, and the rest is up to you.

and I reminded you of this in my first DM:

Before you do so, I would like you to confirm that you are okay with possibly a month+ transfer time - hopefully it won't take that long, but VirMach can be slow.

That being said, you've been nothing but professional up until now, and I don't want to end this on a sour note because of a misunderstanding; if you do feel you need a refund after x months, we can have someone mediate the dispute instead of you just opening the chargeback.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @KermEd said:

@stoned said:
    I clearly stated that I don't like to bother people especially for such cheap offerings. "Time is support is money and I'm respectful of that."

Yet here you are. Hmm... Well hope it helped!

What part of "How long do xfers take at VirMach" is hassling VirMach the company for support? Perhaps it is time to put down the crack pipe and consume some cannabis and be stoned instead. stoned is chill and happy and respectful and nice. Try being stoned. <3

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@drunkendog said:

@stoned said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

@stoned said:

You shouldn't be paying for a year if you're not getting a year. Totally agree.

However the onus is on you an the person you're getting the service from, not the provider.

I understand.

Would it be reasonable then, to wait a month, at the most, and if no service by 2nd week of January 2022, which is a good long reasonable amount of time to wait, do a PayPal issue with the gentleman I did the Xfer with? My logic is as follows (and I could be wrong, so please offer corrections/advice): If I don't get my service in a reasonable amount of time, then that means I would lose on a few months of service even having paid for it on my end, so it seems logical to do a PayPal issue/chargeback. That makes it so both parties are evenly burned. I get my $$$ back, and he retains his original service contract with VirMach.

The only issue I possibly see would be if PayPal charges some kind of a penalty fee. Other than that, I don't see this being a 'chargeback'.

Is my logic incorrect or bad? I don't want to end up doing anything immoral or unethical that harms another.

Hmm, that's unfortunate to hear. In my original post, I explicitly said

1) Absolutely no refunds whatsoever. I'm not making a cent off of these, so I don't want to lose money if VirMach takes a while to do the transfer - I'll open the ticket, and the rest is up to you.

and I reminded you of this in my first DM:

Before you do so, I would like you to confirm that you are okay with possibly a month+ transfer time - hopefully it won't take that long, but VirMach can be slow.

That being said, you've been nothing but professional up until now, and I don't want to end this on a sour note because of a misunderstanding; if you do feel you need a refund after x months, we can have someone mediate the dispute instead of you just opening the chargeback.

Oh no. I'm not like that at all. Should anything happen, I'd personally message you first and go from there. People here just like to create drama to garner attention or whatever their psychological issues are.

You are also professional and respectful and I appreciate you vouching for me and all that. <3

Thanks again for a good straight transaction. I would do business with you again.

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • This is some next level PMS shit right here. Preparing the popcorn.

• Maybe a rehash will help...

@stoned said:
    How are people getting away with this as a business practice?

You didn't buy anything from them.

@stoned said:

They owe it to themselves.. the only thing that matters is fucking the customer out of however much you can initially the first time

This crap is why.

@TimboJones said:
    You didn't pay Virmach, though. So why the fuck are you imagining terms from Virmach that isn't even in their ToS? That's insane.

I don't think anyone could have said this better.

@stoned said:
    it seems logical to do a PayPal issue/chargeback. That makes it so both parties are evenly burned.

Yeah, you seem like a real standup guy who will message the buyer first :lol:

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@KermEd said:
    Maybe a rehash will help...

@stoned said:
    How are people getting away with this as a business practice?

You didn't buy anything from them.

@stoned said:

They owe it to themselves.. the only thing that matters is fucking the customer out of however much you can initially the first time

This crap is why.

@TimboJones said:

I don't think anyone could have said this better.

@stoned said:
    it seems logical to do a PayPal issue/chargeback. That makes it so both parties are evenly burned.

Yeah, you seem like a real standup guy who will message the buyer first :lol:

Right. I forgot that asking questions is a crime among stupid people.

Also, you suck at reading and comprehension. Didn't get attention in your childhood? Is this why you're attention whoring here? Feel free to stop anytime. Or continue.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

@stoned said:

Right. I forgot that asking questions is a crime among stupid people. Please do go on. :)

Now that's not fair, I've called your mom a lot of things - but never stupid (Har Har Har). She really tries her best. Speaking of which, she is wondering if you can bring home some chicken and waffles on your way back home?

Also, hate to be that guy. But did you give Dustin that $20 yet? He does have rights as a buyer you know.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@KermEd said:

@stoned said:

Right. I forgot that asking questions is a crime among stupid people. Please do go on. :)

Now that's not fair, I've called your mom a lot of things - but never stupid (Har Har Har). She really tries her best. Speaking of which, she is wondering if you can bring home some chicken and waffles on your way back home?

Wow. So witty. Wow. Tell us how you really feel.

• @stoned said:

Wow. So witty. Wow. Tell us how you really feel.

So is that no to the twenty bucks? Do you feel better about waiting 3 days for a transfer yet?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

If the @stoned guy wants a transfer from me, I'll only accept non reversible payment methods:

• Bluebird member transfer
    • WeChat Pay
    • push-ups

I will not take PayPal or credit card from her.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@yoursunny said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

If the @stoned guy wants a transfer from me, I'll only accept non reversible payment methods:

• Bluebird member transfer
    • WeChat Pay
    • push-ups

I will not take PayPal or credit card from her.

Maybe @yoursunny can change her own panties... because of all the sand.

• OP doesn't see that OP is the problem.
    OP rages with PMS.
    OP attacks everyone who tries to help her.

Thanked by 2yoursunny KermEd
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

Asking a normal question:

Someone said they had already been waiting for 2+ months for logistical support for transfer. That's where my ticket is stuck, waiting for logistical support, and we did the xfer tickets a few days ago.
    Do they really take that long?

OP really doesn't see that OP is the problem. You're absolutely right on the money.
    dahartigan rages on IRC and on forums
    daharatigan starts attacks on stoned after dahartigan got ignored on IRC.

Change your panties, girlfriend. You got a little too much sand in there. :)

• @stoned said:
    Asking a normal question:

Someone said they had already been waiting for 2+ months for logistical support for transfer. That's where my ticket is stuck, waiting for logistical support, and we did the xfer tickets a few days ago.
    Do they really take that long?

OP really doesn't see that OP is the problem. You're absolutely right on the money.
    dahartigan rages on IRC and on forums
    daharatigan starts attacks on stoned after dahartigan got ignored on IRC.

Change your panties, girlfriend. You got a little too much sand in there. :)

Idiot. Take me (and everyone else you hate) completely out of the mix and you are still left with YOUR problem.

This is 100% on you, you just can't admit that for some reason.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

Right of course. In your world, asking questions is a problem. I forgot. Asking questions is offensive to the feeble-minded.

LOL. Seriously. Put down the crack pipe. :) Or have at your feeble attempts. shrug

• @stoned said:
    Right of course. In your world, asking questions is a problem. I forgot. Asking questions is offensive to the feeble-minded.

LOL. Seriously. Put down the crack pipe. :) Or have at your feeble attempts. shrug

Have fun waiting 3 months for your Vir chickens then, sucker! ;)

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

Oh so you've abandoned your earlier line of attacks, and now starting another line of attacks. You're making it into the worst case scenario possible and then laughing at my imagined misfortune? Oh yeah. Brilliant attack. You're a right wonderful human being who totally doesn't take pleasure in the troubles of others. :) You either bullied kids as a child, or you got bullied by other kids. Something went horribly wrong with your development, man. You and your best friend, tinyweasel. Go on boy. Say some more witty bully stuff. Impress us with your wit and show us how big of a comedian you are. We'll be very impressed. I promise.

This discussion has been closed.