Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long do xfers take at VirMach?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long do xfers take at VirMach?

@taizi said:
already waiting staff(or Logistical Support) to handle my service transfer request for 2 months...

Someone said they had already been waiting for 2+ months for logistical support for transfer. That's where my ticket is stuck, waiting for logistical support, and we did the xfer tickets a few days ago.

Do they really take that long?

Comments

• Atleast 1 year in one case I heard off

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Atleast 2 year in one case I heard off

Thanked by 3plumberg FrankZ Ouji
  • I can’t understand why Virmach bother accepting transfers given they clearly can’t be arsed to do them.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It brings in stoned people. That's why.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@deank said:
    It brings in stoned people. That's why.

What does this have to do with people who consume cannabis? Maybe you should put down the crack pipe.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Waiting for VirMach transfers be like:

• More than 2 years will be a reasonable estimate

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • So basically, my service contract with them would start WHEN they xfer the service over to me, right?

@drunkendog said it was still stuck in VirMach BF something or another, so I guess they haven't provisioned it for him either.

So, whenever the xfer goes through, starting from then, would be my 12 month contract with them, right?

Otherwise what sense does it make to pay someone for 3 months of service and xfer fee, and only get 9 months of service.

If I'll get a whole year, and even if I have to wait 2-3 months, then in that case, that's fine I guess.

If they xfer me after 3 months, and only provide 9 months of service, then that's not fine.

Please confirm. Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

The stoned guy

• Pretty sure the timer is ticking. You’ll get what’s left on the term the seller paid for.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@Nekki said:
    Pretty sure the timer is ticking. You’ll get what’s left on the term the seller paid for.

Oh I see. So he paid this month, I think, Dec 02 IIRC. If it takes 3 months to xfer, I get only 9 months of service?

How are people getting away with this as a business practice?

I mean RackNerd @dustinc offers ridiculously cheap offerings, and yet they still provide speedy and fast service, so I bought something else with them.

I would be happy to consider RN for anything. I tested them out and even though it's cheap as Hell, support is where you shine, win and make repeat business. They are doing it right.

• @stoned said:

What? The provider doesn't owe anyone the ability to transfer the service.

You don't pay a new invoice when a service is transferred to you. Instead you take over the existing invoice that the transferer paid.

• Do they still have a separate SolusVM login per VM? Last time I did a transfer, I gave the buyer the SolusVM credentials as soon as they paid, before the transfer had 'officially' completed.

Thanked by 2BlazinDimes FrankZ
  • What? The provider doesn't owe anyone the ability to transfer the service.

They owe it to themselves. Otherwise you end up losing customers, business, and repeat business.

If that's the kind of business someone wants to run, where making a repeat customer doesn't matter, and the only thing that matters is fucking the customer out of however much you can initially the first time, then that's their prerogative.

As a buyer, I too have certain rights and protections, regardless of what people may think. Ethically speaking, if I pay for 1 year, and I don't get 1 years service, then that's unethical business practice.

• Wait, you actually use the VPS? I just buy VirMach deals for the shenanigans. 5/7 perfect.

Thanked by 3Nekki yoursunny lentro
  • edited December 2021

@stoned said:

They owe it to themselves. Otherwise you end up losing customers, business, and repeat business.

If that's the kind of business someone wants to run, where making a repeat customer doesn't matter, and the only thing that matters is fucking the customer out of however much you can initially the first time, then that's their prerogative.

As a buyer, I too have certain rights and protections, regardless of what people may think. Ethically speaking, if I pay for 1 year, and I don't get 1 years service, then that's unethical business practice.

You shouldn't be paying for a year if you're not getting a year. Totally agree.

However the onus is on you and the person you're getting the service from, not the provider. if you overpaid its not the provider's fault.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@CyberneticTitan said:

@stoned said:

However the onus is on you an the person you're getting the service from, not the provider.

I understand.

Would it be reasonable then, to wait a month, at the most, and if no service by 2nd week of January 2022, which is a good long reasonable amount of time to wait, do a PayPal issue with the gentleman I did the Xfer with? My logic is as follows (and I could be wrong, so please offer corrections/advice): If I don't get my service in a reasonable amount of time, then that means I would lose on a few months of service even having paid for it on my end, so it seems logical to do a PayPal issue/chargeback. That makes it so both parties are evenly burned. I get my $$$ back, and he retains his original service contract with VirMach.

The only issue I possibly see would be if PayPal charges some kind of a penalty fee. Other than that, I don't see this being a 'chargeback'.

Is my logic incorrect or bad? I don't want to end up doing anything immoral or unethical that harms another.

• @stoned said:

@Nekki said:
    Pretty sure the timer is ticking. You’ll get what’s left on the term the seller paid for.

Oh I see. So he paid this month, I think, Dec 02 IIRC. If it takes 3 months to xfer, I get only 9 months of service?

I mean RackNerd @dustinc offers ridiculously cheap offerings, and yet they still provide speedy and fast service, so I bought something else with them.

I would be happy to consider RN for anything. I tested them out and even though it's cheap as Hell, support is where you shine, win and make repeat business. They are doing it right.

Holy shit! Sounds like you'll change your "buy now, research later, blame others" attitude from now on. Growth, young man!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @stoned said:

You didn't pay Virmach, though. So why the fuck are you imagining terms from Virmach that isn't even in their ToS? That's insane.

• @stoned said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

@stoned said:

However the onus is on you an the person you're getting the service from, not the provider.

I understand.

Would it be reasonable then, to wait a month, at the most, and if no service by 2nd week of January 2022, which is a good long reasonable amount of time to wait, do a PayPal issue with the gentleman I did the Xfer with? My logic is as follows (and I could be wrong, so please offer corrections/advice): If I don't get my service in a reasonable amount of time, then that means I would lose on a few months of service even having paid for it on my end, so it seems logical to do a PayPal issue/chargeback. That makes it so both parties are evenly burned. I get my $$$ back, and he retains his original service contract with VirMach.

The only issue I possibly see would be if PayPal charges some kind of a penalty fee. Other than that, I don't see this being a 'chargeback'.

Is my logic incorrect or bad? I don't want to end up doing anything immoral or unethical that harms another.

Well that's between seller and you. Honestly, you are at a disadvantage. If you get the transfer quickly, great. Otherwise why would a seller work on contingency of transfer happening on time?

Its gonna be entirely on you whatever route you take. The provider is simply obliging tou with a favor on their own terms that you need to agree.

Else it's a free world and you are free to choose an different provider!

Thanked by 2stoned FrankZ
  • @TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@Nekki said:

Holy shit! Sounds like you'll change your "buy now, research later, blame others" attitude from now on. Growth, young man!

You suck at trolling.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

You didn't pay Virmach, though. So why the fuck are you imagining terms from Virmach that isn't even in their ToS? That's insane.

When did I imagine any terms with anyone? You seem terrible at reading and comprehension. If you are not going to do xfers in a timely manner, which makes customers lose time and money, then that's unethical, and you should refuse xfers so people just don't bother with them. How is losing 3 months of service a favor to anyone?

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@plumberg said:

@stoned said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

@stoned said:

I understand.

Well that's between seller and you. Honestly, you are at a disadvantage. If you get the transfer quickly, great. Otherwise why would a seller work on contingency of transfer happening on time?

Its gonna be entirely on you whatever route you take. The provider is simply obliging tou with a favor on their own terms that you need to agree.

Else it's a free world and you are free to choose an different provider!

I understand. Thank you for a well formed reply. Sounds like you're a man (unlike some others) who has some modicum of self respect and he likes to comport himself with dignity. Love it.

So I am at a slight disadvantage. That's on me. As I said, I don't want to do anything unethical or bad. So I'm looking at raising the issue with PayPal as a last resort (if even I go that far). I'll give a month. Which is a reasonable amount of time, before bothering VirMach with a reminder. If nothing happens soon after, then I may have to consider something else.

Thank you for your advice.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

But the thing is, the VPS he xferred to me, isn't even provisioned yet. According to the thread he created it's still stuck in BF something or another, so has not been provisioned. So when VirMach handles that, they'll handle the xfer.

renews 12/02/2022 Important: Still stuck on BF-SPECIAL-CREATE, but this can be sorted during the transfer (VirMach's busy enough without adding more tickets)

So I'm assuming it should go through hopefully soon, since they do have to provision it for the original customer. They can't just take his money and not provision his VPS for 3 months. Right?

• @stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@Nekki said:

You suck at trolling.

That was legit praise, though. You suck at trolling comprehension.

• @TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@Nekki said:

You suck at trolling.

That was legit praise, though. You suck at trolling comprehension.

You suck at words.

• @stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

When did I imagine any terms with anyone? You seem terrible at reading and comprehension. If you are not going to do xfers in a timely manner, which makes customers lose time and money, then that's unethical, and you should refuse xfers so people just don't bother with them. How is losing 3 months of service a favor to me?

Virmach provides the server for the period they sold it for. When you buy a second hand thing and then expect Virmach to honour longer than the period you paid, you're making unreasonable demands that exist in your head.

Wtf are you getting on with?

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

When did I imagine any terms with anyone? You seem terrible at reading and comprehension. If you are not going to do xfers in a timely manner, which makes customers lose time and money, then that's unethical, and you should refuse xfers so people just don't bother with them. How is losing 3 months of service a favor to me?

Virmach provides the server for the period they sold it for. When you buy a second hand thing and then expect Virmach to honour longer than the period you paid, you're making unreasonable demands that exist in your head.

I made no demands. You're instigating and looking to troll. Behave.

• @stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

WTF, you have to be trying to troll at this point..

• @stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

I consider this a demand:

And you are also talking PayPal issue/chargebacks to the seller. Dude, you're going to get yourself a bad reputation.

• @TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

@TimboJones said:

@stoned said:

I consider this a demand:

And you are also talking PayPal issue/chargebacks to the seller. Dude, you're going to get yourself a bad reputation.

Your opinion does not matter. Have a good day. :)

This discussion has been closed.