Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 54
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• There is no ISO mounting module, and server status is unknown, my situation about two days ago, and ticket opened then, but not yet replied.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@andrewn said:

@rchurch said:
    ISO mounting is not working at manage.hosthatch.com and support has not responded for 24 hours, and these guys want to the server to paid for.

What is the use of a server you can't use?

have you heard back from them yet? I'm waiting for days now :(
    @hosthatch @HostHatch_Kelvin

It is an old issue, since BF 2020, it is just a glitch, timing is the key.. dont forget start/stop the vps after mounting the iso..

you can have a success after several times trying it.

yeah mine is about an upgrade, paid 3 days ago and since then no response. I just hope they get this done shortly.

• @rchurch said:
    ISO mounting is not working at manage.hosthatch.com and support has not responded for 24 hours, and these guys want to the server to paid for.

@andrewn said:

@rchurch said:

Use these steps and you can mount an ISO:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3200705/#Comment_3200705

• @rchurch said:

Come on, you're not new around here: idling.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Got the reply by a new staff nine hours ago. They are investigating.

• @aRNoLD said:

There is no ISO mounting module, and server status is unknown, my situation about two days ago, and ticket opened then, but not yet replied.

Has Tokyo got IPv6 connectivity already?

• @webcraft said:

@aRNoLD said:

There is no ISO mounting module, and server status is unknown, my situation about two days ago, and ticket opened then, but not yet replied.

Cannot see that now, but guess there's no v6 deployment. I am waiting for their investigation result/reply.

• @andrewn said:

@rchurch said:

Yes I got a response from them.

They offered to mount it manually and check if it was my own ISO.

I don't know if it is fixed yet but I've got some work to do before testing it. I'm not ready to reboot yet.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@webcraft said:

@aRNoLD said:

No. I was told that "Tokyo is still about one week away" on Jan 22nd.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2022

@aRNoLD said:

i had something similar, status shows but ISO templates missing (error).

so they re provisioned another one and it was OK.

mine is STO storage.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @cybertech said:

@aRNoLD said:

i had something similar, status shows but ISO templates missing (error).

so they re provisioned another one and it was OK.

mine is STO storage.

seems that the new panel will go through a long way to sustain.

• Anyone else's throughput in Chicago sucking again?

• @TimboJones said:
    Anyone else's throughput in Chicago sucking again?

Actually doing a tad better than before
    BuyVM (NY)-> HostHatch (Chicago) = 580 Mbps
    HostHatch (Chicago)-> BuyVM (NY) = 270 Mbps

Always had issue with HostHatch Chicago egress....often times speeds less than 60 Mbps on a simple iperf.

• pkrpkr Member
    edited February 2022

Does anybody know how to contact the support team of HostHatch?
    No response to the ticket in 48+ hours. They mentioned no refund/cancel in their terms and conditions, but did not mention "no support".
    Dubious business practice.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited February 2022

@pkr said: 48+ hours

2-10 days is normal for me, then they spin the "sorry for the delay" wheel of responses.

I had a simple overbill issue in late December, took 7 messages and waiting until late January to resolve.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • They mentioned they might have another small sale after all the orders were delivered, any hope for that? :)

• @the_doctor said:
    They mentioned they might have another small sale after all the orders were delivered, any hope for that? :)

Yes, summer break sale and then this year's BF.

• @pkr said:
    Does anybody know how to contact the support team of HostHatch?
    No response to the ticket in 48+ hours. They mentioned no refund/cancel in their terms and conditions, but did not mention "no support".
    Dubious business practice.

very normal for HostHatch.
    Hope they improve support time.

• Hello, I know that Black Friday is over now, but I still want a Swedish 1t hard disk VPS with $60 for 3 years. I wonder if this wish can be realized?

• @淘气KO said:
    Hello, I know that Black Friday is over now, but I still want a Swedish 1t hard disk VPS with $60 for 3 years. I wonder if this wish can be realized?

No, come back next Black Friday.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • legolaslxlegolaslx Member
    edited March 2022

Terrible when using HostHatch, the support staff abuses power, arbitrarily suspended the server will delete all customer data, not allowing customers to back up data. These are rude arrogant staff who make threats.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@legolaslx said:
    Terrible when using HostHatch, the support staff abuses power, arbitrarily suspended the server will delete all customer data, not allowing customers to back up data. These are rude arrogant staff who make threats.

Based on that particular screenshot:

1. I don't see the abuse of power.
    2. Doesn't say that the server is suspended - only a "we can", with an "if".
    3. Doesn't say they don't allow customers to backup their data.
    4. Doesn't seem to be rude, or arrogant.
    5. Doesn't seem to have made any "threats".

So you're going to have to do better than that - or at least provide more details on what happened if you're looking for drama or attention.

• @Emil said:
    We will offer a migration path from early next year

Any news about this?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @DP said:

@legolaslx said:

Based on that particular screenshot:

1. I don't see the abuse of power.
    2. Doesn't say that the server is suspended - only a "we can", with an "if".
    3. Doesn't say they don't allow customers to backup their data.
    4. Doesn't seem to be rude, or arrogant.
    5. Doesn't seem to have made any "threats".

So you're going to have to do better than that - or at least provide more details on what happened if you're looking for drama or attention.

1. The ticket is selectively cropped to remove the original complaint
    2. The complaint is obviously about copyright infringement, which means the suspension was not "arbitrary" as claimed.
    3. Further, if it is indeed copyright related, then HH AUP says "If any of the above are detected, your service(s) will be terminated or suspended without notice and no refund shall be granted.", so in fact they have done what they told you in advance they would do.
    4. Not having a backup already says a lot. But given that you were informed (and agreed) that this would happen, complaining about not having a backup is something no-one wants to hear.
  • legolaslxlegolaslx Member
    edited March 2022

My website was reported DMCA but I haven't been able to fix it in time, they suspended VPS. I asked them to reopen the VPS but they didn't reopen it. The problem that I transfer the domain to another server, they do not have the right to ask me where I will move, this matter is personal.

And they said, they will reinstall VPS (will erase all data), otherwise VPS is still suspended -> This is not abuse, what is?

All the previous VPS providers I have used, they happily reopened the VPS for me to backup data (Vultr, Linode, Digital Ocean,....)

This is also the last comment I want to remind everyone, because I have determined that I will lose data when this report is published.

Thanks you.

• @legolaslx said:
    My website was reported DMCA but I didn't handle it

got it, thanks you.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2022

@webcraft said:

@Emil said:
    We will offer a migration path from early next year

Any news about this?

Migration from old to new will be... interesting... given the newer ones are smaller due to the use of binary bytes on the old VPSes vs decimal bytes on the new ones, so simply copying across an exact image of the old VPS wouldn't actually work. 🤔

@legolaslx said: My website was reported DMCA but I didn't handle it, they suspended VPS.

Not their choice - HostHatch LLC is based in the USA and 17 U.S. Code § 512 says that providers have to "respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing upon notification of claimed infringement".

The thing is that the law doesn't have a definition for "expeditiously" so it's kinda vague, but 24 hours is generally considered OK. GitHub give you 1 business day between receiving a DMCA report and disabling a repository.

• @legolaslx said: they do not have the right to ask me where I will move, this matter is personal.

Anybody can ask you anything they want. On the bright side, you don't have to answer though. Honestly, you prob'ly shouldn't since you aren't cleaning up DMCA requests - they might rat you out to your new provider.

Now, the important question: was it worth it?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @legolaslx said:
    All the previous VPS providers I have used, they happily reopened the VPS for me to backup data (Vultr, Linode, Digital Ocean,....)

So, multiple providers suspend your server because DMCA?... Big red flag here.

• pkrpkr Member

Does HH allow transfer? I got one VPS in Singapore and want to transfer.

This discussion has been closed.